PDA

View Full Version : Will people ever get good on TD 1-3?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 11, 2014, 03:17 AM
Specifically 3, I mean by now mostly everyone has done this over and over and yet whenever I wind up with English players in any block its the same issue for TD3, first 2 waves timed out follow by tower destruction on the 3rd to 4th wave then people leave. Of course when I get with JP players it goes near-perfect to perfect S run and very rarely I got a full english group that knows what to do.

TD2 just I guess people get overwhelmed by the mobs? 4 people is enough to handle Shrayda, Wolga, Ragne spawns yet 8/12 people will swarmed them instead of handling the mobs coming at the gate, wall goes down, everything just goes to hell. Bibras spawns half the mpa is attacking Bibras while 2 people try and handle a mobs on one side and 4 on the other.

TD1 just seems easy mode now so I don't really see people struggling as bad as they used to with this one anymore

Even with guides that people have written up and done research for TD's, it seems too hard for people still. I think the worst people though are the afking asshats during the run, just wish you could kick them out.

Will people learn to get better at all with any of the tower defense EQ's? I mean we've done this so many times I just don't get how people are struggling with them still or still seeing some lack of improvement

Touka
Aug 11, 2014, 03:29 AM
Sounds like you've been in bad parties which can be common.Hell i've been in a few games where people were struggling withTD 1 which is like wtf.

3 isn't too bad as long as people are collecting crystals and keeping mobs/pita bosses off the towers with war cry/zondeel/il megid.

Achelousaurus
Aug 11, 2014, 03:30 AM
Problem is they actually did.
Early June almost every TD1 or 2 I did with randoms on B10-16 had S-rank with new tower health and waves lasting 90-120 seconds, a few even ending after 1 minute.

But then DDoS came and went and some 90% of the good western players are gone.
Somehow, it's now a lot harder to find good jp players too, I had TD3 runs with 11 jp players and we barely finished.

It's cause of lazy idiots that think Ilmegid is the only tech in the game and rangers better spam that Satellite Cannon.
The concept of support roles doesn't even exist for them.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 11, 2014, 03:36 AM
I dont know its I get those sort of mpa's a bit commonly, though I know people hate il megid but having 7 FO's spam that in TD3 seems to work wonders from what I've seen but I've heard worse from other people about that kind of situation.

Even with TD2 being easier, I've been in some groups that just idk something like they just started playing yesterday or something. I've just been wondering if improvement will eventually happen or are they gonna need sega to make TD3 even more easier than it should be

Touka
Aug 11, 2014, 03:39 AM
Yeah a lot of forces spam nothing but Il Megid but at least it's good for drawing enemies away from towers.I'd love to try TD 3 when ep 3 is out,gravity bombs war brave and the movement buff should make a big difference.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 11, 2014, 03:43 AM
Problem with TD2, if Zesh isn't "contained", then the frontal walls will fall. TD3 at this point is a coinflip. Some just get too much tunnel vision or rely on others to fill a "role", communication barrier really, but TD3 is fine as is. People just need to know what to prioritize tbh. I see Solzas get left alone WAY too often.

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2014, 03:51 AM
People are still sucking at TD1. Both JP and EN named players.
Come Wave 4, there's always some asshole who separates the enemies and wastes assloads of time.
Protip: Stop kiting enemies away from everyone.

TD2 is almost always fail. I just avoid it.
Protip: In Wave 3, if you see a Ranger positioned to SatCan Zeshirayda, don't stand at the spawn position.
If you're close enough, Zeshirayda will face the wrong direction on spawn, then fly away and destroy the walls.

For TD3. I kinda get the impression people aren't really looking at my guide or other information.
People keep jumping in AISes and then disappearing from the world.
Also seen a few JP assholes idling. They sit in a turret or in a corner and literally do nothing.
Protip: If you're in an AIS, don't go hump bosses for 2 minutes. You need to protect bases, destroy walls and planes, and pull bosses away from bases.

Shinmarizu
Aug 11, 2014, 03:52 AM
TD3 shouldn't be made easier; it's supposed to be a quest where success comes from teamwork. I like the challenge; and having a good playgroup helps in improving my own play. If Sega needs to adjust TD3 because people suck at co-operating, this game is toast.

I am currently playing TD3 as an Ilmegider but I know to use Zondeel / Ilbarta when the situation calls for it. I have played as a Ranger; tag everything and help the DPSers kill everything. Farm for crystals. Defend towers. You'd think this would guarantee at least an A rank, but I have been in some ridiculously stupid PUGs and stupid things happen.

oratank
Aug 11, 2014, 04:09 AM
1. you need to be good build (il megid dark build if u got one)
2. you need to be in good block(upper is good)
3. you need to have good communication (xw乗ります td 3 only)
4. pray for god don't let in sucks mpa.

all i known

td3 in the end of w4 6 7 these wave u may need emergency ais or photon cannon if the time gonna run out and it look like impossible to clear those mob in time.

isCasted
Aug 11, 2014, 04:10 AM
People don't want to learn, they only want drops. There's nothing hardcore among non-EQ content of the game, thus people think their easy-mode stuff applies in EQs too. Then they are ready to blame rest of MPA for the loss.

Sacrificial
Aug 11, 2014, 04:12 AM
If atleast 1 force zondeels in td1 and knows the spawns it goes so much faster than if he ilmegid.

Td3 is a coinflip like mentioned. You either need a balanced team with people who know what there role is or being able to communicate.'

Rakurai
Aug 11, 2014, 04:13 AM
I've had only one TD3 run out of about eight finish with more then 80% durability left on the towers. The others had less then 25%.

These were mostly on the first block, as well.

UnLucky
Aug 11, 2014, 04:19 AM
If your gear/level/build/life sucks then collect crystals. Tag mobs and run. Heal and barrier the towers.

Who cares if you time out the first couple waves? Once you're in a mech everything will die no matter how bad you are. All you need is two minutes left and you can get your second run in.

If there's already a mech where you're at, move. If everywhere has a mech nearby, collect crystals.

AIS are too good. You can singlehandedly clear the whole map of infections, walls, ships, and mobs just by dashing around collecting crystals along the way.

Edson Drake
Aug 11, 2014, 04:19 AM
Specifically 3, I mean by now mostly everyone has done this over and over and yet whenever I wind up with English players in any block its the same issue for TD3, first 2 waves timed out follow by tower destruction on the 3rd to 4th wave then people leave. Of course when I get with JP players it goes near-perfect to perfect S run and very rarely I got a full english group that knows what to do.

TD2 just I guess people get overwhelmed by the mobs? 4 people is enough to handle Shrayda, Wolga, Ragne spawns yet 8/12 people will swarmed them instead of handling the mobs coming at the gate, wall goes down, everything just goes to hell. Bibras spawns half the mpa is attacking Bibras while 2 people try and handle a mobs on one side and 4 on the other.

TD1 just seems easy mode now so I don't really see people struggling as bad as they used to with this one anymore

Even with guides that people have written up and done research for TD's, it seems too hard for people still. I think the worst people though are the afking asshats during the run, just wish you could kick them out.

Will people learn to get better at all with any of the tower defense EQ's? I mean we've done this so many times I just don't get how people are struggling with them still or still seeing some lack of improvement

Issues I noticed far too common:

Crystal collectors.

It's important to collect those, but somehow, I see far too much people jumping through hoops to collect them. Some even downright steal your crystals by quad-dashing like madmen as soon as you step into a crystal. What's up with that? Go get your own crystals. And yet, somehow, the run ends without achieving 10k points. Go figure.

AIS Crystal collectors.

I think it's okay to pick up the crystals while you're killing things or on your way to. I don't think it's ok however, to use the AIS strictly for that. On a game where I decided to collect crystals hardcore since no one seemed up to the task, some AIS guy decided to collect the crystals at the points I was getting, ignoring bosses and monsters attacking the towers. WTF.

Ranger not knowing where to aim WB.

I had this one rare infected Vibras, with 4 AIS ganging up on him and a Ranger started WB'ing the claws. We were all attacking his butt and occasionally legs and the Ranger was using WB on the claws.

People that die all the time.

Hey it's okay to die, we all do die once in a while. However, some people die from monsters just looking at them funny. It's not cool to have to stop your action to keep reviving people all the time.

Quitters

This is a new phenomenon. I ranted about it in another thread, but people will quit for anything these days. Enter a game, spot a guy with Roundeet +6? Wave 1 9/12. Tower with 50% health in Wave 1? 6/12.

The result? 15 mins waiting in a 6 people game, with the same 6 people incoming from the very same game you just quit you fool!

I actually have to risk switching blocks so that I avoid the quitters.

It's not that bad, it's just a game after all so why take it so seriously, but c'mon some cooperation here. You don't need to be a good player(I'm not), just be cooperative you'll be fine I promise.

Shinmarizu
Aug 11, 2014, 04:20 AM
Runs on Block 10 are becoming trollfests. Blocks 11-14 are much better IMO.

As for roles, my usual group is 2 Bravers that kill most things, 1 Braver who crystal farms and kills the other stuff, and myself who either tags things with WB or Ilmegids/Zondeels/Ilbartas so that I kill what they don't and they kill what I don't. Works well, but that's only 4 of 12 people...

UnLucky
Aug 11, 2014, 04:24 AM
Elysion'd Ilbarta is OP

Infected towers and ships get sniped from across the map in seconds

Shinmarizu
Aug 11, 2014, 04:26 AM
Might have to pick off an Ice Ely and pair it with my Wind one now. Seconds matter.

oratank
Aug 11, 2014, 04:34 AM
Who cares if you time out the first couple waves? Once you're in a mech everything will die no matter how bad you are.

you may not seen how bad they are yet. even they are 3 ais on the field i still have to run across the map to pass the darker wall for take down the darker tower and sometime i didn't make it in time

Kikikiki
Aug 11, 2014, 04:44 AM
Ranger not knowing where to aim WB.

I had this one rare infected Vibras, with 4 AIS ganging up on him and a Ranger started WB'ing the claws. We were all attacking his butt and occasionally legs and the Ranger was using WB on the claws.

In my opinion, it's better to WB the Vibras horn, break it, then WB the head. Thing dies much faster that way because either it's me nuking it as a RA/BR, or if I fail to finish it, AISes can just get one or two set of missiles in and it's dead meat, or all the AISes just rush in and melee the shit out of its head while I head to another boss. The traditional leg > butt WB doesn't really work in TD3 because Vibras gets back up too fast for the effort spent.

Daiyousei
Aug 11, 2014, 05:12 AM
I think the big problem with crystal collecting is not being able to see where everyone else other than your party is on the map. I'm really looking forward to Episode 3 with this as one of the features so I can know where I *don't* need to be and waste my time going over there when someone's already getting the crystals there. It'll also help where I can see where nobody is so I can go over and take care of some enemies and/or crystals.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 11, 2014, 05:38 AM
People are still sucking at TD1. Both JP and EN named players.
Come Wave 4, there's always some asshole who separates the enemies and wastes assloads of time.
Protip: Stop kiting enemies away from everyone.

That's about the worst of it. Someone not strong enough to kill roaches fast just pulling them all away from people.

Achelousaurus
Aug 11, 2014, 05:40 AM
I'm a braver, I can't even get a Goldrahda to look at me after I destroyed it's core.
You'd think they are flies following the Ilmegid s*** and nothing else matters.

Daiyousei
Aug 11, 2014, 05:49 AM
My experience with Goldrahdas were that they always beeline towards the tower first, and then they turn back to me, they just want to touch the tower first.

If I do chase after them after I Kanraned them, they just go all running towards the tower like headless chickens and making the situation a lot worse as everyone else can't get a good track on them.

Achelousaurus
Aug 11, 2014, 08:06 AM
I need Shunka to deal any reasonable damage to them, so I can only attack one at a time anyway.

Shiyo
Aug 11, 2014, 08:37 AM
Problem is they actually did.
Early June almost every TD1 or 2 I did with randoms on B10-16 had S-rank with new tower health and waves lasting 90-120 seconds, a few even ending after 1 minute.

But then DDoS came and went and some 90% of the good western players are gone.
Somehow, it's now a lot harder to find good jp players too, I had TD3 runs with 11 jp players and we barely finished.

It's cause of lazy idiots that think Ilmegid is the only tech in the game and rangers better spam that Satellite Cannon.
The concept of support roles doesn't even exist for them.
I've found the majority of western players in pugs seem to be Brazilian/South american.

Yeah, you don't want to play with those people.

Gama
Aug 11, 2014, 08:44 AM
tbh 2/3 of my tower runs where a sucess, and i party usually with randoms

lucky me i guess?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 11, 2014, 09:20 AM
On Ship 10:

TD1 is usually cleared without a hitch.

TD2 generally works out okay if we keep the first barrier intact. If it falls, things get a good deal more hectic, but we can usually keep most or all of the towers up regardless.

TD3: Almost every party falls short of a perfect run by one tower. One tower getting wrecked is pretty standard, but 2 or 3 may fall if the party is being particularly inattentive... or if we lack a full MPA and we need to focus a single tower.

Kirukia
Aug 11, 2014, 09:22 AM
I think the big problem with crystal collecting is not being able to see where everyone else other than your party is on the map. I'm really looking forward to Episode 3 with this as one of the features so I can know where I *don't* need to be and waste my time going over there when someone's already getting the crystals there. It'll also help where I can see where nobody is so I can go over and take care of some enemies and/or crystals.

Definitely this. Half of the time when I'm trying to collect crystals, I end up running around like an idiot doing nothing because people don't show up on top of the crystal until the last second, so I wasted my time running to different crystals that somebody else was already getting.

Another problem I notice is people running en masse to the newest spawn, leaving towers undefended against later spawns. I usually try to stick near a tower or two depending on the map, and collecting crystals if there are no spawns around. If there are just 1-2 people who are good at taking out mobs staying near each tower it would be so much easier (at least for TD1 and 3). Unless you're in an AIS, then you just wreck everything.

People seem to have TD1 down pretty well, and TD2 is alright. People struggle with TD3 the most IMO. There are more waves and it can become considerably more messy if people aren't working together well.

Macmaxi
Aug 11, 2014, 10:22 AM
I have never looked at TD3 more than a gimmicky thing, because the early waves can be cleared by one guy using an AIS netting around 2000 points destroying all infections and JA' wrecking the bosses. And at the end you just spam AIS all the way through.

I focus on getting 10k crystals done by the start of the last round, since HU FI does effectively nothing with all the enemies are so spread out. I usually take those casters out which Symphonic Dive spam because they are easy to miss for the rest of the group.

Maybe if people fuck up the AIS usage (mostly due to miscommunication) it can fail, but having the promts on your screen when a guy activates one must be enough.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 11, 2014, 11:09 AM
I have never looked at TD3 more than a gimmicky thing, because the early waves can be cleared by one guy using an AIS netting around 2000 points destroying all infections and JA' wrecking the bosses. And at the end you just spam AIS all the way through.

I focus on getting 10k crystals done by the start of the last round, since HU FI does effectively nothing with all the enemies are so spread out. I usually take those casters out which Symphonic Dive spam because they are easy to miss for the rest of the group.

Maybe if people fuck up the AIS usage (mostly due to miscommunication) it can fail, but having the promts on your screen when a guy activates one must be enough.

You'd think that, but I feel like people aren't using their map (I gotta wonder if they're still using the default radar) or looking at messages at all.

And yeah, if you can't do anything to spawn swarms, you can at least head to the back of them and take out Solzas. I'm not sure how some people still don't recognize the threat they contain/they don't move at all.

Gama
Aug 11, 2014, 11:58 AM
I've found the majority of western players in pugs seem to be Brazilian/South american.

Well thats kinda racist.

this is psobb all over again.

.Jack
Aug 11, 2014, 12:27 PM
Just get a team group together and focus on keeping one tower alive with randoms. As long as we don't fail that's a win in my book.

Maenara
Aug 11, 2014, 12:42 PM
I consistently get B ranks with randoms.

Shiyo
Aug 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Well thats kinda racist.

this is psobb all over again.

Name a game spanish/BR players aren't absolutely atrocious at.

They're generally avoided like the plague for a reason.

Renzix
Aug 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
I'm always on Block 10 whenever EQs happen. Every party i've been a part of (even with US players in it,) we've gotten S-Rank Clears, and clear it fast enough to where we have about 6 - 7 minutes leftover for the next run.

Every other Block I joined though for TDs... Just makes me facepalm. It seems like Block 10's the only good Block for Pugs, and every other Block is garbage. Same goes for the Vita Blocks.

Xaelouse
Aug 11, 2014, 12:51 PM
I'm just wondering how much JPs hate melee in any TD, because I only play HU and lately been consistently get top 3 in any TD I go to in JP pugs.
I rarely collect crystals because I can't be arsed to quad-dash

Gama
Aug 11, 2014, 12:51 PM

ive played with a few, never had issues. i honestly think the only real issue is that they struggle with english.

they mostly keep to themselves now.

but i'm Portuguese, so i can comunicate with them. so my view is diferent from yours.

isnt it just a language barrier?

GHNeko
Aug 11, 2014, 01:10 PM

http://i.imgur.com/OZEGSiM.gif

HeyItsTHK
Aug 11, 2014, 01:26 PM
I'm just wondering how much JPs hate melee in any TD, because I only play HU and lately been consistently get top 3 in any TD I go to in JP pugs.
I rarely collect crystals because I can't be arsed to quad-dash

Gotta be a ship specific mentality. The best TD3 I've ever had, had like 4 katana bravers (one of them being me), 1 fighter, 2 rangers, 1 gunner and 2 forces. Easily the fastest S rank in TD3 I've ever done.

X-ViciouZ
Aug 11, 2014, 02:17 PM
I just want to say my opinion about TD3....
Get a better improvement at your Gears and DON'T grind exp/LvL on TD3.Coz that's SUCKS for other players who Get their 70/70 chara at TD3 with some good affixes.
Coz i see really often Many Players grind exp/LVL with some 51-57 lvl at TD3.

IndigoNovember
Aug 11, 2014, 02:34 PM
Well, if you're EXP grinding, just stick to getting crystals, getting mobs off of towers, and using AIS when nobody else is. Priorities should be placed on keeping the towers alive before killing mobs.

Oh and using a chain of Burst Barriers to freeze suicide Goldrahda is pretty helpful to keeping towers alive.

untrustful
Aug 11, 2014, 02:39 PM
I used to be a little snobby at the br people, but now that I'm basically the br of the japanese server I, you know...KNOW better, obviously some people still need to learn that.

Touka
Aug 11, 2014, 02:44 PM
Oh and using a chain of Burst Barriers to freeze suicide Goldrahda is pretty helpful to keeping towers alive.

This is sound advice,i've seen towers either severely damaged or destroyed because no one was there to prevent the Goldrahda from suicideing.

apsalari
Aug 11, 2014, 02:59 PM

Funny, that was the same complaint I heard while playing WoW...

moorebounce
Aug 11, 2014, 04:04 PM
To the OP (or anybody else who thinks like him) Stop complaining and start educating. It's also not just English players who are bad. If you see players doing something wrong become their friend and teach them the right way. That way you can be in any MPA and beat it.

I've been here before where I learned the right way and started getting upset when things didn't go right. You have to put things in perspective. This game isn't worth getting your blood pressure all high. Don't forget this is just a video game.

I'm different than most because I'm only in these MPA EQs for the EXP. So win or lose I pretty much win. Winning is nice but it's not the end of the world. Also I play to win but if it doesn't happen it's okay.

Remember the only way people stop doing dumb stuff is if someone takes their hand and show them the right way. Shaming someone into doing something never works in the long run because they may know the right way but if they see how you act they may do it wrong to be funny and piss you off.

Shinmarizu
Aug 11, 2014, 05:47 PM
To the OP (or anybody else who thinks like him) Stop complaining and start educating. It's also not just English players who are bad. If you see players doing something wrong become their friend and teach them the right way. That way you can be in any MPA and beat it.

I've been here before where I learned the right way and started getting upset when things didn't go right. You have to put things in perspective. This game isn't worth getting your blood pressure all high. Don't forget this is just a video game.

I'm different than most because I'm only in these MPA EQs for the EXP. So win or lose I pretty much win. Winning is nice but it's not the end of the world. Also I play to win but if it doesn't happen it's okay.

Remember the only way people stop doing dumb stuff is if someone takes their hand and show them the right way. Shaming someone into doing something never works in the long run because they may know the right way but if they see how you act they may do it wrong to be funny and piss you off.

I agree with this, but I need to mention a few things:

1) I like the pile of excubes that you get after a TD3 run, and excubes are significant. A failed run won't give you any aside from what's in the boss Darkers' crystals before the last tower explodes.
2) Many a rare ticket has been wasted on things like this.
3) The trolls, tryhards and shoutspammers are plentiful lately... and they can often be one and the same.
4) People don't like being told what to do, especially over the internet.

Urbancowgurl777
Aug 11, 2014, 07:51 PM
In other news, managed to complete TD3 for the first time today :3= Man that one is hard >.< but seeing everyone on the field zip around in AIS was neat. I can understand people failing on TD3 because it's still new. I've only done it like 4 times total, the first 3 being total failures (which I may or may not have directly contributed to).

I didn't know people afk during them or stay in the campship. That's pretty lame.

Maenara
Aug 11, 2014, 11:49 PM
MBD3 is basically the closest thing we have to endgame content right now. If you're doing it on SH and you're not close to endgame, then you're bad and you should feel bad.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 12, 2014, 02:36 AM

I am complaining to a point but not at ranting level, it's just been something on my mind for the longest time that most English players seem to be the worst of the bunch (again most, not all, there are awesome english players here too) whenever I get into any sort of TD. Now I do try to help teach friends and team mates about what to do or suggest doing "this" versus "that", now my problem is I can tell this to a whole group of English speaking players and it will all come down to people either not grasping what I'm telling them, refuse to listen because "my way" is better than what this guy is telling me or simply "fu** you man I don't have to do what your telling me" etc

I honestly can't get people to absorb the help and tips I try and tell them, in the end they do their own thing eventually relying on the mpa to just play the thing for them while they slack off or put minimal work into actually trying to S the run and get better drops so everyones happy.

Now I made this thread because again, this was on my mind for quite some time and I wanted to see what people had to say aside from "rants" which I haven't seen so far (I've only ready 2 pages atm) but at the same time, I want more people aware that there are guides for this and to learn to play any TD "better" instead of "o hey need 2 level mah sub, u guys got my bak right?" or "well i dont feel like trying so i'll let them do all the work". Take some tips from other players that are acing these EQ's like nothing so that everyone can be on the same page. but i guess it all comes down to the individual willing to put the effort in

Achelousaurus
Aug 12, 2014, 03:11 AM
ive played with a few, never had issues. i honestly think the only real issue is that they struggle with english.
they mostly keep to themselves now.
but i'm Portuguese, so i can comunicate with them. so my view is diferent from yours.
isnt it just a language barrier?
No.
Those aren't simply Brazillian players, those are BR players.
Big difference.
Brazillian players are folks from Brazil, I had some friends from there (still have lol).
BR players are the retarded subset of that area that suck at everything, fail at common sense and generally behave like 4 year olds.
jajajajajajajajajajajaja
Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue
BR? BR? BR? BR? TTF TTF TTF TTF TTF

OR people ragequit the EQ en masse cause they can't have others tell them to not suck.
I stopped asking people to use Zondeel after that.
I also got tired of trying to communicate with randoms and never once getting a reply or people even listening.
Yesterday I told 2 forces in my party to use Zondel and we got B rank instead of failing or finishing with 5% health left, that's how big the difference is. And after that TD1 with lots of Zondeel > easy S-rank.

We need to get together and password a TD so we can get 2-3 S-rank runs for once.

Also, I hope Ilmegid is next to useless in ep 3:(
I'm really starting to hate it, it ruins TD, it's hugely annoying if you play melee and it's super boring if you play fo / te.
I certainly don't wanna spend my time as fo doing only that, but rather use the proper elements to hit weaknesses.

Shinmarizu
Aug 12, 2014, 03:13 AM
The effort is appreciated. We'd all like to succeed at this, get S ranks and good drops - at least I believe so. However the table-flipping over disastrous runs or the bragging about doing everything perfectly with 7000 points and top score is just as frequent here, if not more so.

Good intentions are often overlooked when drowned in all that.

There will always be people who perform better in TD3 (or anything ingame) for any number of reasons; same goes for people who perform poorly or those who simply take advantage.
Those who decide to improve their play will do just that.

Shinmarizu
Aug 12, 2014, 03:21 AM
We need to get together and password a TD so we can get 2-3 S-rank runs for once.

Also, I hope Ilmegid is next to useless in ep 3:(
I'm really starting to hate it, it ruins TD, it's hugely annoying if you play melee and it's super boring if you play fo / te.
I certainly don't wanna spend my time as fo doing only that, but rather use the proper elements to hit weaknesses.

^ This.

It is unfortunate how Ilmegid has changed TD, as well as Force/Techer. Heck, Pso2. Hopefully Ep3 addresses that. (I dunno, for example, remove the whole 'force darkers to wander aimlessly upon being hit'...)

oratank
Aug 12, 2014, 03:42 AM
lol Ilmegid doesn't ruin your 2-3 run dude.

Halikus
Aug 12, 2014, 03:53 AM
Ye i agree, right now without ilmegid you wouldn't even finish base3 most of time as its the ilmegid fo's that are carrying the rest of the party with their electro sets and crafted 6* weps. Frankly just cos the game lets you play base3 at 55 don't mean you should actually do it.

Shinmarizu
Aug 12, 2014, 03:58 AM

I'll give you that. I switched over from Ra/Br to my Fo/Te build and Ilmegid wrecks face. I know how good it is. It's fundamentally unsound from a design standpoint but it's broken as all hell, things die and I get S and A ranks.

And yet half the time I run TD3 and I see Ilmegid flying around, including my own, some shit hits the fan and I get B, C and failures.

The idealist in me who likes old-school RPG mechanics hates Ilmegid with a passion, and is getting bored of Fo/Te as a result. The realist in me who likes results uses Ilmegid and WB or Shunka/Asagiri as long as things die quick and I get that 2-3 run.

My idealist and realist have come to terms, but when I do my part and I see that last tower explode, I get pissed.

Ye i agree, right now without ilmegid you wouldn't even finish base3 most of time as its the ilmegid fo's that are carrying the rest of the party with their electro sets and crafted 6* weps. Frankly just cos the game lets you play base3 at 55 don't mean you should actually do it.

And when I see stuff like that, there goes my 2-3 run. And often, a 250% rare tic.

Kikikiki
Aug 12, 2014, 04:09 AM

The 2-3k Ilmegids sure do though.

Skyly
Aug 12, 2014, 04:24 AM
Honestly what are the alternatives to Il-megid?
It's mostly melees that complain about Il-megid.
If used correctly, Il-megid keeps the Goldrahdas away from the bases.

What absolutely ruins any MBD are the people who use it for EXP and don't care if you S-rank or not. Too add to that, the people who go level their subclass like wtf; people with lucky rise gear and people with un-affixed weapons/armor. MBD is just too hard for the majority of the casuals. They should really do something about affixing cause that's what ruining this game in a bad way. The gap between hardcores and casual is really huge. Seems like there's no medium, yet Sega keeps releasing a MBDs which are harder than the previous.

Shinmarizu
Aug 12, 2014, 04:32 AM
Zondeel and Ilbarta, but that's regrettably no replacement for Ilmegid and what it does. That's Sega's fault.

The people who choose to go underprepared or just to get EXP, that's their fault.

As for the gap between hardcore and casual: as much as affixing is an issue, grinding is that much worse. But these points are leading up to another, much bigger problem with this game, and that isn't entirely Sega's fault.

oratank
Aug 12, 2014, 04:50 AM
lol you said Zondeel and Ilbarta combo. you should say il megid ruin your 4-5 run. but seriously if you use Zondeel and Ilbarta combo il megid have notime to ruin your kill.

Shinmarizu
Aug 12, 2014, 05:03 AM
I may not have been clear. Zondeel to gather mobs away from towers and help melee/ranged; Ilbarta to nuke towers, ships and bosses. Both separately; not in a combo.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 05:04 AM
People really need to stop afking in campships. Nothing like seeing 12/12 yet there's like 10 people to start, and then it starts feeling like there's only 6 people.

Also if you're melee and you're worrying about illmegid futzing your kills and pulling things, then you're not killing Solzas, go kill them. There is always something you can do. Kill Solzas, watch bases that don't have many people around it.

oratank
Aug 12, 2014, 05:21 AM
I may not have been clear. Zondeel to gather mobs away from towers and help melee/ranged; Ilbarta to nuke towers, ships and bosses. Both separately; not in a combo.

ok let's change some text "il megid to gather mobs away from towers and kill it; Ilbarta to nuke towers, ships and bosses"

Achelousaurus
Aug 12, 2014, 07:31 AM
It does.
In every single TD I failed I didn't see a single Zondeel or Sazan.
In every single TD I got S-rank I saw those all the time.
Seriously, Ilmegid is still 5 times slower than Zondeel / Sazan for killing stuff.
But when people got the Ilmegid easy button to deal massive damage, they don't see a single reason to actually use some support techs.
Just like with Rangers and WB / Satellite Cannon.

I actually blame solo players for this. Cause when you solo, Ilmegid and Satellite Cannon make other stuff unnecessary and sometimes pointless.
So those people don't understand that the rules change if you play with other people.

The realist in me who likes results uses Ilmegid and WB or Shunka/Asagiri as long as things die quick and I get that 2-3 run.
I would not actually complain about stuff in the first place if I got good ranks and 2 runs.
But I end up with tons of failed TD3s and tons of D rank TD1s/TD2s cause of this.
Shit drops all around, if any drops at all.

Also if you're melee and you're worrying about illmegid futzing your kills and pulling things, then you're not killing Solzas, go kill them. There is always something you can do. Kill Solzas, watch bases that don't have many people around it.
Wrong.
You do not run to the Solza at the far end of the wave when the Goldrahdas are already wrecking the towers.
I only go after Solzas when the tower can do without me.
In TD3 people still get overwhelmed by the numbers and needing to collect crystals so a lot actually forget to purify sockets or even heal the bases.
In a 12/12 TD3 you have 36 friggin heals yet usually I can count the amount of heal messages on 2 hands. A third or less than what we could have if people wouldn't just sleep.

I also hate how rarely more than like 6 of my friends / teammates are doing TDs in SH, so I couldn't get enough for a full MPA even if I want to.

TaigaUC
Aug 12, 2014, 09:00 AM
A good caster should be using whatever's best for the situation.
Il Megid isn't that great on its own (from my experience, anyway), but if several strong casters are using it, it's very effective.
But once enemies are humping towers, one caster ought to be using Zondeel and Freeze or something.

Like with that thread about people in Izanai sucking balls.
I think the problem isn't so much that tank/support builds aren't viable.
It's more like, if that role is even necessary. you only need ONE person doing it in the entire multi.
Obviously, if you see someone already using Zondeel, you should do something else.
Everyone using Zondeel in the same place is pretty pointless. Two people at max for safety.

I've been finishing up levelling some melee classes and they felt like useless balls in TD3.
So, I just subbed RA so that I could still WB and Sat Can. Felt way more useful.
I have a decent idea of how I should set myself up to not pull multis down, though. I imagine most people have no idea.
For example, people wearing full damage no survival gear in Izanai and dying every 2 seconds throughout the entire run are just dragging everyone down.

TL,dr: Don't specialize in a role that becomes useless if someone else happens to fill that role already.
Better to go all damage, with alternate vital role on the side (eg. get War Cry lv1 and/or Weak Bullet).
Also, if you're squishy, drink a defense potion and get better at dodging (ie. stop relying on the multi to resurrect you when you screw up).

oratank
Aug 12, 2014, 09:03 AM
td 1 oh man the one who ruin your run is stupid north hero that doesn't know how to role.
and stupid fo,te that afraid use zondeel on wave4.

DJcooltrainer
Aug 12, 2014, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen a 'bad' TD1 or TD2 MPA in quite awhile, but most people still haven't figured out TD3, it seems. I actually had a really good run last night, but only after getting a few waves into some of the worst runs I have ever seen in my life. It seems pretty simple to me. Just keep an AIS up and running after the first couple of waves, and always use your burst barriers if you're unable to clear an entire wave to save the tower from the big booms. It's not really that hard, but you have to rely on people actually paying attention.

I felt like the first few weeks of TD3 were actually the best runs I've seen, which is pretty sad.

Achelousaurus
Aug 12, 2014, 11:06 AM
I guess it's just my luck then or my timing.
I live in Germany, so I probably miss the good players.

Cypher_9
Aug 12, 2014, 11:07 AM
Protip: If you're in an AIS, don't go hump bosses for 2 minutes. You need to protect bases, destroy walls and planes, and pull bosses away from bases.

THIS, F***ing THIS

I swear from the 5 or so games I been, there is nobody - even in AIS shooting the fricken ARKS ship down from the sky; too focused on the boss.

When I am in AIS, I do go for the boss to draw arggo away but, I leave it to get other things like the wall, magician bugs, and of course ARKS SHIPS since they can really really hurt the party below aside from everything else; especially melee (w/o dagger perhaps didnt try it as FI yet) CANNOT even fight the damn thing. And being in a turret wont help since you are vunerable being sationary.

Vintasticvin
Aug 12, 2014, 12:27 PM
As long as theres a lack of communications and teamwork most TD3s are predestined for failure.

GALEFORCE
Aug 12, 2014, 12:35 PM
Symphonic Drive can't reach the plane, sadly.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 12:49 PM
Wrong.
You do not run to the Solza at the far end of the wave when the Goldrahdas are already wrecking the towers.
In TD3 people still get overwhelmed by the numbers and needing to collect crystals so a lot actually forget to purify sockets or even heal the bases.
In a 12/12 TD3 you have 36 friggin heals yet usually I can count the amount of heal messages on 2 hands. A third or less than what we could have if people wouldn't just sleep.

I also hate how rarely more than like 6 of my friends / teammates are doing TDs in SH, so I couldn't get enough for a full MPA even if I want to.

If there's no one around just pull roach aggro on your way to kill a solza. I've seen WAY too many runs become disastrous because of infected turret towers EVERYWHERE on later waves. And some tend to go unseen when walls come up cause the red blip on the map blends in with the red line of the wall. Either that or many people are colorblind.

I always announce my AIS usage for waves 5 (cause people just looooooooooove to fight Ragne when he's on a tower, so all of his attacks are doing tower damage, AIS makes it easy for me to pull all the hate) & 8 (or 5, 7, and 8 depending on points) and I tend to stick to it.

Amusingly the only melee PAs that can are Wired Lance Kaiser Rise and Partisan Sacred Skewer.

Cypher_9
Aug 12, 2014, 12:52 PM

That pangs me, so heart trotten now... Thank you fellow fighter comrade I guess I'll remain grounded and get shot by missiles unless someone KILLS THAT FUGGIN THING WITH AIS... LEAST A SATILITE CANNON since people spoke about it~

SJRKnowledge96
Aug 12, 2014, 12:55 PM
It does.
Seriously, Ilmegid is still 5 times slower than Zondeel / Sazan for killing stuff.
But when people got the Ilmegid easy button to deal massive damage, they don't see a single reason to actually use some support techs.

I actually blame solo players for this. Cause when you solo, Ilmegid and Satellite Cannon make other stuff unnecessary and sometimes pointless.
So those people don't understand that the rules change if you play with other people.

I would not actually complain about stuff in the first place if I got good ranks and 2 runs.
But I end up with tons of failed TD3s and tons of D rank TD1s/TD2s cause of this.
Shit drops all around, if any drops at all.

Wrong.

If it's any consolation, I've never once touched Ilmegid, and make sure to use support techs (that includes Zondeel) and RA things like WB whenever necessary, because I'm not exactly that good when it comes to DPS - I'm more support than killing, and that's what I do. Yet, I'm yelled at for not being good at killing things/not being DPS.

Because, as we all know, DPS or bust. >w>

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 12:56 PM
Satellite Cannoning the gunship is rough due to being rooted. You wanna let it rip and then the targeting reticule appears on you, or it just starts raining blood piss on your location.

Worst DPS is dead DPS.

Also honestly if you wanna ilmegid things that's fine but holy hell when it comes to single target just use ilbarta. Razan can also knock down Solzas. If you can't kill fast then assist fast. The power of teamwork is a beautiful thing.

Cypher_9
Aug 12, 2014, 12:57 PM
Amusingly the only melee PAs that can are Wired Lance Kaiser Rise and Partisan Sacred Skewer.

Waht... D: (though i did read that somewhere - *invest in partizan now* got that new WL too though since I am running this defense body - I must save to improve Dio passive)

I always announce my AIS usage for waves 5 ...

THIS, F***ing THIS - it just takes COMMON SENSE to figure what is going on and you ... UGH

[dont mind caps I am just being expressive in humor but the statement in term is in relation]

Worst DPS is dead DPS.

WHAAAAAA, you are so right about this ^^ Though surviving is main priority else all that shunka would be for nothing if you dont block or dip dive duck juke and dodge....

Also you are right about the Satilite Cannon ordeal - just need to find that right moment to do your thing.

Vintasticvin
Aug 12, 2014, 01:00 PM

Even if you bounce off a Zesh or Falz Hands?

isCasted
Aug 12, 2014, 01:03 PM

Controls get locked out at certain height, so no.

Cypher_9
Aug 12, 2014, 01:04 PM

Well, that would depend on the positioning - and controls; especially the controls. It would be hard to pan, lock, zoom with a controller as far as I can imagine; I'll have to do this myself and see.

As for Zesh, he, has to be right under it - granted the pakour sounds cool; though Zesh likes to move around too.

Controls get locked out at certain height, so no.

Oh...

Maenara
Aug 12, 2014, 01:07 PM
You know what'd be nice is if Nazan pushed enemies further away and worked on all non-boss mobs. Maybe it would be useful then.

Ceresa
Aug 12, 2014, 01:09 PM
It does.

If you want zondeel, go play fo and do it yourself instead of bitching that other people won't do a job you're not willing to do. If you want Sazan, then piss off down to VH and stop noobing up the SH runs.

I spam Ilmegid. 14k or so. I get SSS and 1stlol like every time on TD1-2. Most of my TD3 are A or S too. Randoms only get zondeel for end of wave rushes in TD3 w4/6. That's only necessary if the AIS pilots of the wave don't have blaster blaster though. Some solo spawn camper has ruined enough w4 TD1 for me to not give a shit anymore for zondeeling there. Of course I throw the occasional zondeel on top of myself with a rod, but that's for my personal use, whether people can react to take advantage is on them.

Ilbarta snipe towers and ships and bosses. That's it, two tech game, nerfs inc. Still the best thing to do atm.

Because when I use zondeel for others, and see some fucktard shunka in and die, or some retard with no dps take 3 overends to kill some not-hp-boosted-wave golradas... then I'm going to stop zondeeling, and go back to carrying with Ilmegid.

Because it fucking works.

Maenara
Aug 12, 2014, 01:16 PM
It won't work for long.

Alenoir
Aug 12, 2014, 01:18 PM
It does.
...Do people even solo with SatCannon? In order for that to be of ANYTHING, your target need to stand still when the level 3 charge go off, and you ain't getting that while soloing. Not when they're headbutting directly at you. If you're gonna suggest the first and second charge, you may as well Diffuse headshot/weak point. That kills them faster.

That's why RA SatCannon in TD, because they're usually not the ones with the hate.

That's why Sazan sucks. Stop moving that Volga.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 01:21 PM
Elitist tone aside. I am tired of bravers trying to shunka RIGHT into danger without katana combat on and get roundhouse kicked to death by roaches.

Vintasticvin
Aug 12, 2014, 01:25 PM
If you want zondeel, go play fo and do it yourself instead of bitching that other people won't do a job you're not willing to do. If you want Sazan, then piss off down to VH and stop noobing up the SH runs.

I spam Ilmegid. 14k or so. I get SSS and 1stlol like every time on TD1-2. Most of my TD3 are A or S too. Randoms only get zondeel for end of wave rushes in TD3 w4/6. That's only necessary if the AIS pilots of the wave don't have blaster blaster though. Some solo spawn camper has ruined enough w4 TD1 for me to not give a shit anymore for zondeeling there. Of course I throw the occasional zondeel on top of myself with a rod, but that's for my personal use, whether people can react to take advantage is on them.

Ilbarta snipe towers and ships and bosses. That's it, two tech game, nerfs inc. Still the best thing to do atm.

Because when I use zondeel for others, and see some fucktard shunka in and die, or some retard with no dps take 3 overends to kill some not-hp-boosted-wave golradas... then I'm going to stop zondeeling, and go back to carrying with Ilmegid.

And thats how you FO it up like a boss folks.

Cypher_9
Aug 12, 2014, 01:30 PM
Elitist tone aside. I am tired of bravers trying to shunka RIGHT into danger without katana combat on and get roundhouse kicked to death by roaches.

And that is where a narrow mindset comes into play - perhaps players in general are not taught correctly. I seen plenty of times:

"Whats the best class"
"Whats the best PA"
"What is your number"

Which often lead to single-sided tunnel vision of game play; we all know it does take an amount of astute to know what a job does and play it well. However the failure is actually learning what does what and whether it would help or harm a group let alone a MP.

TD 3 does scream teamwork on many aspects; especially the job you are going in as...

... so with that being said - JOIN BOUNDLESS TODAY!!! We will help remedy your pangs!

Sorry for the advertisement ._.

Vintasticvin
Aug 12, 2014, 01:42 PM
... so with that being said - JOIN BOUNDLESS TODAY!!! We will help remedy your pangs!

Sorry for the advertisement ._.

Lol you sneaky ninja!

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 01:45 PM
It's just the nature of games. People generally want to either be really good or be really different while still being somewhat good. I do recommend being good at what you enjoy (and if what you enjoy happens to be really good, BONUS!).

If what you enjoy is currently sub optimal, find out ways to be the best that you can be (tanking often falls flat, mainly cause of how aggro works imo, but there are many times there's a major difference between the one being alive while 4 others around you are dead, even if you yourself can't deal much damage, you're contributing to the cause by keeping damage dealers alive). There's always value you being useful.

It's why I like TD3 in design. There is always something you could be doing that helps.

Shinmarizu
Aug 12, 2014, 02:10 PM
It's just the nature of games. People generally want to either be really good or be really different while still being somewhat good. I do recommend being good at what you enjoy (and if what you enjoy happens to be really good, BONUS!).

If what you enjoy is currently sub optimal, find out ways to be the best that you can be (tanking often falls flat, mainly cause of how aggro works imo, but there are many times there's a major difference between the one being alive while 4 others around you are dead, even if you yourself can't deal much damage, you're contributing to the cause by keeping damage dealers alive). There's always value you being useful.

It's why I like TD3 in design. There is always something you could be doing that helps.

^ THIS.

Now to get everyone else who plays TD3 to understand the concept of 'being useful.'

Cypher_9
Aug 12, 2014, 02:16 PM
@HeyItsTHK

Yes, yes, and more yes - I couldn't have said it better myself; and one of the reasons why I stuck with Fighter despite the negativity about it.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 02:28 PM
I think Fighter is just fine. When I'm better geared for it I'll main it. The Ep3 buffs will help a lot.

^ THIS.

Now to get everyone else who plays TD3 to understand the concept of 'being useful.'

I hope this happens sooner than later. One thing that'll certainly help are the Ep 3 changes for faster run and viewing where other players are on the map. Knowing where to be, where not to be, and how to get there quickly are 3 of the issues that hurt a TD3 run.

Vintasticvin
Aug 12, 2014, 02:53 PM
Can we get this thread stickied? Oodles upon oodles of how TD3 here.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 12, 2014, 02:54 PM
I just got out of one of the worst TD1 runs I've done in awhile and I mean bad, low and behold English mpa. again its like this just came out yesterday for these guys

and i appreciate the tips on TD3, learn a bit myself for more improvement

Shiyo
Aug 12, 2014, 02:55 PM

Zondeel is better with an organized/team MPA. In PUGs I agree, only melee TE's should zondeel and forces when they can't put a shield up and there's tons of enemies on the tower.

Kirukia
Aug 12, 2014, 03:00 PM

Or someone could just make a separate guide thread with this thread as a source, so that all of the information is easily accessible in one post.

IndigoNovember
Aug 12, 2014, 03:02 PM

Poor TaigaUC, wrote a great thread that has all this info without any of the complaining and nobody looks at it cause it's under Gameplay, Guides, and Walkthroughs. It's still on the first page too!

Edit:

Or someone could just make a separate guide thread with this thread as a source, so that all of the information is easily accessible in one post.

It's already done!

ArcaneTechs
Aug 12, 2014, 03:03 PM

I'd like for this to happen but I don't want mods moving this to the gameplay area because as we all know, not a lot of people will venture there, they hover more around general, almost like if they dont see it, they wont look for it at first glance

Xaelouse
Aug 12, 2014, 03:05 PM
Which is a shame. I've upped my AIS game thanks to Taiga's thread

Kirukia
Aug 12, 2014, 03:13 PM
it's under Gameplay, Guids, and Walkthroughs.

Well, that explains why I haven't seen it.
I'll check it out, thanks :)

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 04:22 PM

It's Taiga's guide that should be stickied really. Most of my planning is due to that.

Vintasticvin
Aug 12, 2014, 04:53 PM
Oh pff well lets get to work and get it stickied then!

SakoHaruo
Aug 12, 2014, 04:58 PM
10 pages in and you guys still haven't formed a MPA group yet? :wacko:

You don't wanna win. 1(4) vs (8 )11, enjoy your rng. o3o

Even 10 - 13 isn't safe anymore. As said, this is manly due to Episode 3 being right around the corner. If you want S Rank you already know where to find it, and yet these threads will continue to get made. Either you guys are retarded or a bunch of masochist. Your choice. o3o

Here's a tip; MPA with friends only or make a thread here asking for players to do top tier MPAs with. Piece of cake, right?

Aine
Aug 12, 2014, 07:33 PM
Another argument about Zondeel and Ilmegid? They are different strategies but both work, as far as getting 4 runs in TD1/TD2/Izanai go. Which one is better is a bit more subjective. The advantages of a Zondeel-based run are that it's faster (can get 5 runs in TD1 and Izanai) and since it's based on fundamentals like positioning, it's unaffected by nerfs and balance changes. The advantages of an Ilmegid run are that it doesn't require co-ordination or spawn memorization. Personally I think Ilmegid just encourages bad play, but eh whatever.

The thing about TD3 is that unlike the first two the class composition doesn't really affect the optimal strategy. People on foot take care of mobs at the tower and bosses, AIS take care of mobs at the spawn points. Pugs fail TD3 because it's 99% when and how you use AIS, which requires co-ordination and communication.

Though Zondeel isn't needed in TD3. The equivalent support tech is Ilzan, which has great synergy with the AIS thrust attack.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 09:05 PM

Even 10 - 13 isn't safe anymore. As said, this is manly due to Episode 3 being right around the corner. If you want S Rank you already know where to find it, and yet these threads will continue to get made. Either you guys are retarded or a bunch of masochist. Your choice. o3o

Here's a tip; MPA with friends only or make a thread here asking for players to do top tier MPAs with. Piece of cake, right?

For one. I'm not on ship 2, for two, the ddos fallout took an axe to the usual people I team up with. :P

Melodys
Aug 13, 2014, 12:14 AM

Well said to all the good-geared and strategic Fos out there. Quite a few good JP pug TDs I had were with Fos mostly spamming II barta and II megid. Does this mean they're not good for not camping in front of towers, walls or predicting spawn points with a talis zondiel? Heck, a couple of JPs even sent me a personal GJ and thanked me in a recent TD3 for using II megid to lure away the Goldrahdas on route to towers out into the field where they spawned and on w6 during a time out to save two northern towers from a big wave of Goldrahda explosion that may have dropped the resulted S rank to either A or B.

That aside though, I wished that they nerfed the Laser Photon Cannon point requirement. It never sees any use in TD1 or 2 due to people usually collecting 3.5k points at most for double heals and in TD3, you can't use it until wave 6. It does see a bit of use in wave 6 but it's too risky to use it on wave 7 and 8 because aircraft and Sorza Brahdas can utterly annihilate them. They also require spawn prediction, turn much more slowly than the AIS laser and doesn't last as long. Not to mention that my biggest gripe with them is that they can't even destroy the darker walls. It's so bad that I tend to ignore using them and go for AIS only in the sockets instead.

Cypher_9
Aug 13, 2014, 12:39 AM

What?

Nani?

Even 10 - 13 isn't safe anymore. As said, this is manly due to Episode 3 being right around the corner. If you want S Rank you already know where to find it...

But, most people go to 10-13 to find that S rank yet; "10-13 isn't safe anymore"...

... and yet these threads will continue to get made. Either you guys are retarded or a bunch of masochist. Your choice. o3o

I choose option 3... o 3o

Yes, I will want you to buy me premium so I can get into the blocks I desire so I can get that S rank... god dang it! That will be a piece of pie indeed~

And I am sure the "Player Match-up" thread has something there - most likely people who may be in blocks I cannot access... damn being a non-premi again!

Also friends, well as I do have a list, I'll admit that i don't ask however when I do - they are already with their team... or other friends... I am not wanted.... :(

UnLucky
Aug 13, 2014, 12:45 AM
I use the photons to skip the boss cutscene, hop out and break a tower, then may as well blast the boss before summoning a robutt if there weren't a whole pack in the chat log.

To be completely honest the laser is mostly an afterthought like "oh yeah we have these don't we?" and I hardly ever use the 8000 one. It is 8000 points for the second one, right? or is there three...?

Cypher_9
Aug 13, 2014, 12:53 AM
It is 8000 points for the second one, right? or is there three...?

I believe so, and there are two photon/ particle cannons.

Ceresa
Aug 13, 2014, 01:00 AM
I use the photons to skip the boss cutscene, hop out and break a tower, then may as well blast the boss before summoning a robutt if there weren't a whole pack in the chat log.

To be completely honest the laser is mostly an afterthought like "oh yeah we have these don't we?" and I hardly ever use the 8000 one. It is 8000 points for the second one, right? or is there three...?

You can use the jump pads to skip the cutscenes. Landing from a jump skips it too if you have the nice timing.

For the laser though, I typically just prep and charge one right before w7 (and 8 if high enough) starts and shoot it somewhere. If it hits something then that's great, if an infection knocks me off, oh well.

Xaelouse
Aug 13, 2014, 01:06 AM
particle cannons are for the goldrahda army at the end of wave 6 and 7 when there's no AIS around, or said AIS already used their laser (which happens often in pugs)
Of course, you could time out the wave before the goldrahda army even come by leaving one enemy alive, and collect crystals instead. TD3 is boring like that.

SakoHaruo
Aug 13, 2014, 05:08 AM
For one. I'm not on ship 2, for two, the ddos fallout took an axe to the usual people I team up with. :P

I meant the people posting here should team up during MPAs. if you're in here complaining then most likely you're a loner and so are the other people ranting in this thread. Not on Ship 2, that's your fault for choosing a different ship - I guess you didn't want to be where most of the English speakers are, huh? Btw, what ship are you current on, because I thought the other ships had much less problems than Ship 2. Do people afk in the crystal corners? I heard that's like... the new hot thing to do nowadays.

TaigaUC
Aug 15, 2014, 10:00 AM
Ugh. I really wish SEGA would come up with a way to get rid of idling leechers.

IndigoNovember
Aug 15, 2014, 10:22 AM
Kinda wish SEGA would give general strategy tips to the masses who don't actively go out of their way to look things up. Melitta's messages are more of just reminders that you have options and not really what those options can be best used for.

final_attack
Aug 15, 2014, 10:39 AM
Well, people do get better these days on TD.
With 1 leecher earlier in pug, we got A-Rank, around 79.5% I think. Should be able to get S-Rank should there's no leecher ._.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 15, 2014, 01:07 PM
I meant the people posting here should team up during MPAs. if you're in here complaining then most likely you're a loner and so are the other people ranting in this thread. Not on Ship 2, that's your fault for choosing a different ship - I guess you didn't want to be where most of the English speakers are, huh? Btw, what ship are you current on, because I thought the other ships had much less problems than Ship 2. Do people afk in the crystal corners? I heard that's like... the new hot thing to do nowadays.

I picked 6 along with friends cause when I started the game in open beta, 2 and 10 were full and you couldn't create characters on them.

And yes, there are numerous players, Japanese and foreign alike that just hang around doing nothing. The joys of getting 12/12 when it feels like 8 or 7 out of 12 anyway. :T

dr apocalipsis
Aug 15, 2014, 01:18 PM
Leechers? What leechers?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/kHj1ZMC.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

What does Sega about this? There were some retards with 7* Another Story affix weps. One of those, from my team, got 2 11* and 16 cubes. I got 9 cubes.

Yup, I'm pretty burned of this game.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 15, 2014, 01:29 PM
Nothing can be done about people rolling through with bad gear sans being quick enough to scope them out and then going back to campship and leaving to try and join another mpa.

horseship
Aug 15, 2014, 01:46 PM
Leechers don't bother me as much as leavers do. Time out wave 1? 7/12 immediately, ruining everyone's chance of 2 running. AIS pretty much does all of the work in TD3 if you have a competent MPA, so levels and gear shouldn't matter for the most part, as long as you have some amount of dps. A low leveled player should at least have the courtesy to collect crystals if they're essentially just leeching. I've only had one experience where a ton of people were just afk in the campship the entire time, but otherwise things usually go smoothly. The AFKers are the real leechers.

Generally I use an early AIS in wave 3-6, but I've even seen some good players use AIS wave 2 just to speed things up. Even if you time out the first wave or two, proper AIS use can easily facilitate a sub 25 min run, allowing a second run. Leaving just makes the chance of that 0%.

Edit: Fuckin' hell, I just had a run that went 8/12 after wave 2, 7/12 on wave 5, and died in wave 6. Would have been fine if everyone stayed.

TaigaUC
Aug 15, 2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I've seen both EN and JP leechers.
This 70/70 JP asshole I keep running into sits around in full lucky drop + EXP gear.
He sits on a turret doing nothing, or hides in a corner.

In some circumstances I can understand if people have to leave.
But there's not much point leaving a not-so-good run to get into another run before at least 25 minutes have passed.
They'll just end up with all the quitters in another fail run.
If they stuck around they'd have a chance at loot as well as getting more EXP from everyone spamming AIS at the end.

Edit: Forgot to say this.
It really feels like I only see the same few players actually doing stuff.
As if there's always around 3-5 people idling. Can't wait to see everyone on the damn map.

Maenara
Aug 16, 2014, 07:50 AM
Got S-rank in time for a second run with randoms today. Second run was BEYOND awful, though.

oratank
Aug 16, 2014, 08:07 AM
i just sit leech in td1 when i saw stupid north hero mess up w4 and it's out of time for make 3 run. i lost will to fight so let's sit and see ep3 update would be better idea.

Shinmarizu
Aug 16, 2014, 02:11 PM
Anyone else wish that Ichitaro did NOT give a 250% EXP bonus along with that 250% RDR on that boosted run?

My runs this morning were nearly full of people at level 55 something with level 22 subclasses. So many level-up messages. I feel that the B ranks render the RDR moot.

final_attack
Aug 16, 2014, 02:16 PM
Which block did you get into? I'm in B-21, and second run was S-Rank, 98%-ish I think.

1st run ...... A-Rank, I think. 75% or so HP.

Also, isn't earlier block usually filled with people levelling classes now? With LQ available ._.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 16, 2014, 02:17 PM
I just did 3 for the first time on Hard last night and we lost. It's not easy at lower levels. Can't speak for level 70 though.

Daiyousei
Aug 16, 2014, 04:37 PM
I was in block 25, although the bulk of the good players were with the earlier blocks, so are most of the levelers. So it wasn't so bad once a decent MPA was found, I was running a 57/70 Gu/Hu

IndigoNovember
Aug 16, 2014, 05:02 PM
B13. All 70s except for a 58/70 on my first run and a 63/70 on my second.

Shinmarizu
Aug 17, 2014, 03:09 AM
Which block did you get into? I'm in B-21, and second run was S-Rank, 98%-ish I think.

1st run ...... A-Rank, I think. 75% or so HP.

Also, isn't earlier block usually filled with people levelling classes now? With LQ available ._.

I was in B-12. First wave we kept all towers, but at 50%. Second wave we lost 2, but then everyone crystal farmed and kept the remaining 2 near full.

And yes, with Ep 3 on the way, people leveling classes is happening much more often. Normally I wouldn't mind, but the gap between the people who were handling mobs quickly and those who took time chipping away at things was blatant until we got enough for our second AIS.

moorebounce
Aug 18, 2014, 11:15 AM
So far I've been in pretty good English parties. I saw one person's message at the start of a TD-3 that I started using too. "If you aren't A.I.S. or OP collect crystals"

TaigaUC
Aug 18, 2014, 11:33 AM
A bit late, but I think I was in B15. Too early and too late tend to suck.
I aim for around 15-18. 19 inherently lags, so that's no good.

Was with some really good JP players, but several bugged out in the first run and couldn't access the towers to heal or barrier.
One guy started cussing out Sakai.
Most JP groups tend to be really good, but I've been in a few terrible ones.

Was in the worst ever Loser group the other day. Looked like all JP players.
After like 17 minutes and my opening the core for them 5+ times, they still couldn't break the core cover or get to phase 2.
People started to leave, so I did as well. Next attempt with the leavers, we reached phase 2 in less than a minute.
Well, we had WB in the second attempt. Shades of the Arks Grand Prix finals.

horseship
Aug 18, 2014, 01:19 PM
I consistently have bad TD3 runs in B12, not sure if that's a coincidence or all of the leechers rush to the lower blocks early but I have to somewhat agree that I have better runs in 15 or higher. You can't draw conclusions from a handful of runs though, so it's probably just a coincidence.

Also DFL's core only opens 3 times... lol. Loser being balanced around WB is ass, but everyone already knows that.

Shiyo
Aug 18, 2014, 01:21 PM
It's completely random luck of the draw. I've had bad luck on all blocks, by the way, even B10. So yeah it's just random.

Just sucks you can't put "I don't want to be matched with players in tagami units or below level 60" as an option.

I shouldn't be forced to play with people essentially leeching. If I don't want to play with new players, I shouldn't have to.

You can't even leave, if you get a bad group you're screwed, you'll never get another 12/12 run going even if you notice it 10 seconds into the TD3, or even before it starts.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Aug 18, 2014, 04:06 PM
to answer the threads question the answer is No your asking for everybody to use common sense which you get alot of people who wanna play hero and don't care to learn

this isn't just to do with F2P MMOS or B2P MMOS or P2P MMOS you see people like this in any online game
whether it be a console game PC game or any type of MMO in every country including Japan

"humans are imperfect so they make up stories about perfect beings to cover there own imperfections"

SakoHaruo
Aug 18, 2014, 06:15 PM
Page 14, still no PSOW MPA formed from this very thread. Still complaining.

Masochist.

gigawuts
Aug 18, 2014, 06:21 PM
Masochist.

And? You wanna fight about it? Please? Please hit me.

btw-Niji
Aug 18, 2014, 10:33 PM
Page 14, still no PSOW MPA formed from this very thread. Still complaining.

Masochist.
hi god

SakoHaruo
Aug 19, 2014, 12:16 AM
And? You wanna fight about it? Please? Please hit me.

Nah. Don't want that pretty face of yours to get all mucky.

hi god

hi son.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 19, 2014, 11:34 PM
so I guess the cool thing now for blk 20 players is to go infest the other blks now so now it's a gamble to getting into a good mpa with TD (except with TD1). I checked about 25 players gears, literally they were all wearing Tagami units (not affixed, just +5-10 at best) and only one guy decided to craft his (and if it wasn't Tagami units, they were based units found in TD or anywhere else with random abilities). Weapon wise: Stone Tier weps only (Elder and some Luther weps only), +10 only untouched affixing. Then there were a few "cool guys" wearing Lucky Rise units (uncrafted, ungrinded) into TD.

I don't understand English players anymore, is it some kind of cool trend to go into PSO2 blindly (other than installing the patch) and act like your top dog with gear thats this terrible? (or refuse to learn affixing and claim it's difficult and a money waster) Even funnier is that these guys get mad upset when you tell them to get better gear and begin spamming SA's in the lobby, must be a defense mechanism they developed in blk 20.

Either way, I'm just gonna come to the conclusion that if most of these people aren't hand fed everything they won't learn anything or put any effort into trying to get the best possible outcome in TD1-3 or any EQ. If it's EQ's that have the entire MPA wiping out mobs then they're fine (because your not putting any real effort into it) but if it comes down to TD or anything requiring team work its just "your asking to much, leave me alone".

HeyItsTHK
Aug 20, 2014, 12:01 AM
It's not even that hard to get the basics. Even with my lousy luck you can manage two slot soul/stat on your gear. Worst case scenario take a break from buying cosmetic stuff with your TA monies and buy some basic gear. :T

Noc Codez
Aug 20, 2014, 12:06 AM
so I guess the cool thing now for blk 20 players is to go infest the other blks now so now it's a gamble to getting into a good mpa with TD (except with TD1). I checked about 25 players gears, literally they were all wearing Tagami units (not affixed, just +5-10 at best) and only one guy decided to craft his (and if it wasn't Tagami units, they were based units found in TD or anywhere else with random abilities). Weapon wise: Stone Tier weps only (Elder and some Luther weps only), +10 only untouched affixing. Then there were a few "cool guys" wearing Lucky Rise units (uncrafted, ungrinded) into TD.

I don't understand English players anymore, is it some kind of cool trend to go into PSO2 blindly (other than installing the patch) and act like your top dog with gear thats this terrible? (or refuse to learn affixing and claim it's difficult and a money waster) Even funnier is that these guys get mad upset when you tell them to get better gear and begin spamming SA's in the lobby, must be a defense mechanism they developed in blk 20.

Either way, I'm just gonna come to the conclusion that if most of these people aren't hand fed everything they won't learn anything or put any effort into trying to get the best possible outcome in TD1-3 or any EQ. If it's EQ's that have the entire MPA wiping out mobs then they're fine (because your not putting any real effort into it) but if it comes down to TD or anything requiring team work its just "your asking to much, leave me alone".

I couldn't agree more with you.. this is why I only play in B10/B11 when it comes down to EQs like TD. the closer you get to B20 the more crap MPAs you get.

Shiyo
Aug 20, 2014, 12:50 AM
so I guess the cool thing now for blk 20 players is to go infest the other blks now so now it's a gamble to getting into a good mpa with TD (except with TD1).

I just want an option I can check when joining or creating a MPA that filters out anyone using tagami units, weapons below 700 s/t/rattk or below +10 and below level 60.

It's fucking stupid I'm forced to play with these new or obvious bad players, it's not fun at all. Getting into a TD3 with over 40% bad players is just instant fail, I can't leave because I'll never get into another 12/12, even if I leave before the countdown ends, and I can't do anything to get a good run with such players.

I just want to opt out of playing with these people entirely.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 20, 2014, 12:56 AM
I don't mind the tagami units, just have them affixed, holy crap. I will agree with the weak weapons. You have to at least TRY. I know the game is casual, but clearly theses harder EQs require more effort than getting by on scraps.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Aug 21, 2014, 04:25 AM
I couldn't agree more with you.. this is why I only play in B10/B11 when it comes down to EQs like TD. the closer you get to B20 the more crap MPAs you get.

let me see if i'm getting this right the closer you get to block 20 the worse it is
so basically your saying theres only about 2 or 3 blocks of people on the ship your on that actually know how to run TD

Shinamori
Aug 21, 2014, 05:29 AM

That's not the case anymore. More and more b20ains are flocking to b10~b12 because they think it's a "pro" block so they can get carried.:-?

fay
Aug 21, 2014, 05:48 AM
I've actually found B21 to be one of the most effective blocks now because of everyone going to 10-12

Not sure why I said this because I'm fairly certain some of the bad B20 people are on here and referring to other B20 people as bad.

Cerebral Assassin
Aug 21, 2014, 08:15 AM
Wait people still do bad on TD 1?

TaigaUC
Aug 21, 2014, 09:57 AM
Wait people still do bad on TD 1?

A lot of people don't seem to grasp the concept of "many enemies grouped together can be killed faster".

They seem to enjoy fighting one at a time in the middle of nowhere, alone.

DJcooltrainer
Aug 21, 2014, 10:02 AM
I've ran into bad MPA's on B10, it's not as if being in a specific block is going to save you from BK's. I just inspect everyone's equipment before the transporter activates. If their gear is a joke, I'll just bounce and find myself a new MPA.

Like I said, this regularly happens on every block, even block 10. All the BK's leave B20 and end up populating all the other blocks prior to the EQ, because 'lol B20'.

You just gotta be picky about the people in your MPA. If they're not up to spec, leave and try again. Simple.

Aine
Aug 21, 2014, 10:46 AM
what's wrong with burger kings

DJcooltrainer
Aug 21, 2014, 10:57 AM
Bad kids, actually.

That guy who is still in the 50s with a +4 extended weapon and no affixes on his units during TD3? Yeah, he's a BK.

jcart953
Aug 21, 2014, 10:58 AM
Just sucks you can't put "I don't want to be matched with players in tagami units or below level 60" as an option.

Lol this ^.

For certain eqs they should require a combined total level of atleast 120 to enter SH. Might help to prevent some of those 55/15 or 70/3 leeches. Come one sega

SakoHaruo
Aug 21, 2014, 11:08 AM
I just want an option I can check when joining or creating a MPA that filters out anyone using tagami units.

Lol this ^.

For certain eqs they should require a combined total level of atleast 120 to enter SH. Might help to prevent some of those 55/15 or 70/3 leeches. Come one sega

That feature is already available for use. But, for some reason many of you are unaware of its existence.

btw page 15

fay
Aug 21, 2014, 11:48 AM
Wait, what? How can you limit the party to certain things like that?

Helvetica Standard
Aug 21, 2014, 11:54 AM
Ok. I don't care about the meta and I'm not a "pro" player.
However I'm not under-geared and I know how to affix stuff to my gear (6sm on all my equips)
Yet I feel compelled to ask:

*Why would a lv 55 be a drag? I've seen plenty of them outperform lv70's on MPAs
*What do you guys have against Tagami units? is it because a full set drops when you defeat him? not worth it because you have to shed tears of blood to get the best units?

Helvetica Standard
Aug 21, 2014, 11:57 AM
Weren't we all lv 55 at some point? what do you guys do when you're lvling an alt class? avoid MPA's like the plague so you're not called leecher? grind solo?

(Sorry for the double post but my browser hates the "edit" option)

fay
Aug 21, 2014, 12:00 PM
I don't have a problem with peoples level as much. As you said, I've saw some really good lv55s and some really horrible 70s.

Sometimes I like to tell myself people just aren't playing their main class as a way of excusing how bad English players are, but if I'm honest, some of the people doing this just seem like they have no common sense, and that's the level 70s as well. It's as if they have never played a game before or had to use strategy.

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2014, 12:02 PM
@Helvetica : I'm currently levelling my techer (62), but with ranger sub 70, and I don't care about how people looks at my gear, I just collect and destroy darkers cannons since I have Final Impact and a multi class rifle :p

P.S : Oh mah god ! I can't equip my common units so I have to equip Tagami set, It's horrible ! :o

DJcooltrainer
Aug 21, 2014, 12:28 PM
Weren't we all lv 55 at some point? what do you guys do when you're lvling an alt class? avoid MPA's like the plague so you're not called leecher? grind solo?

(Sorry for the double post but my browser hates the "edit" option)

If you're in the 50s, have good gear, and now how to play TD correctly, I don't have a problem with you at all.

It's when I join an MPA and I'm literally 1 of 2 people who are 70/70, I pretty much just bounce immediately. It is not worth the frustration. I've never seen a run with under-leveled parties end well.

I should try using the level restriction filter more...

horseship
Aug 21, 2014, 12:52 PM
New players gonna be new, and bad players gonna be bad. You just have to deal with it I guess.

The only reason to use tagami is if you're really, really cheap/poor, or if you don't know how to affix at all. It literally costs under 200k per unit to 2 slot with soul + attack, so there's basically no excuse unless you never do tacos or something... but even that's not an excuse.

That being said though, affixes really don't matter that much. And this is coming from someone who uses 4s units and a 5s weapon. 10-15% more damage isn't going to make a useless person in your MPA suddenly know what they're doing.

Galax
Aug 21, 2014, 12:52 PM
I swear I've seen this topic somewhere before...

I'm never gonna be the best in a TD, myself. I can't speak for others, so I won't try.

I geared myself to some mix'n'match solo play. My mag is a bit of a mess, and it'd be more than half useless if I ever change my main class from Braver, due to the Braver Mag lean. I frequently fight at a distance, preferring to spam Bullet Bow & Rifle, then switch to Launcher for small groups. Only in large groups or against single targets do I bother with my Katana, as my setup is either Shunka > Kanran > Sakura, or Asagiri > Kanran > Sakura - mostly geared to close a gap then hit everything nearby.

That said...this translated alright in TD2. I wasn't the best. I was sub-par at times, even, but I got through simply by recognizing which mob I should shoot and which one I should slash. I did better when I swapped my Sub to FO so I could heal myself without standing still, and relieve some of the heal tension off of other FOs in the group.

Still, if you go in to an EQ like TD with randoms and expect a good group, you're begging for scraps in a land where that's illegal. You might get some furtive glances and a few coins, but the most you really should expect is a swift ass-kicking. This only gets worse with a more recent TD like TD3, and the issue that - as stated on /page 1/ people don't wanna learn. They don't want to coordinate, they just want the loot.

Alenoir
Aug 21, 2014, 01:00 PM
*Why would a lv 55 be a drag? I've seen plenty of them outperform lv70's on MPAs
*What do you guys have against Tagami units? is it because a full set drops when you defeat him? not worth it because you have to shed tears of blood to get the best units?

No one would complain about a Lv55 if they actually KNOWS how to play their class. Most vets do. Most newbies don't. SEGA have made getting to SH relatively painless lately, and that results in you getting this bunch of new VH graduates that doesn't really know how to play their class.

Most Tagami unit users leave the attributes on it the way it is when it drops. It may seem to be all OP and stuff with 5 slots/6 slots, but most of the stuffs on it doesn't usually help you survive or deal damage on SH, especially if you're playing a melee class. And, unlike most of the current go-to choices for SH units, Elega units doesn't come with any kind of percentage strike/shoot/tech damage reduce bonus.

VH advance quests and Falz Arms.

Zorak000
Aug 21, 2014, 01:18 PM
with TD3 I exclusively crystal farm, pop AIS on wave 5 and attack large groups of enemies or break down walls formed in the corners where the large crystal stashes are, might slice up a boss just to attract attention and continue going after the goldies/walls. Crystal farm until 10k points or the final wave starts. spend the entire final wave in AIS as my reward for doing such a good job.

yeah obviously if too many people are crystal farming things might go bad, and my strat relies on the MPA to do most of the fighting. but if they could not handle things on their own while I am making sure we hit 10k before the final wave (or soon after it starts) then it was a bad MPA to begin with, and it was too heavy for me to carry alongside all these crystals.

seeing the whole MPA on the map will greatly help everyone know who is doing the crystal collection where, so there is less confusion and awkward jump-pad usage.

I also go Fo/Br so when a darker tower shows up I can enter TPS and ilbarta it from anywhere on the map (given Line of Sight). heck, this even works with bosses.

Sanguine2009
Aug 21, 2014, 01:25 PM
No one would complain about a Lv55 if they actually KNOWS how to play their class. Most vets do. Most newbies don't. SEGA have made getting to SH relatively painless lately, and that results in you getting this bunch of new VH graduates that doesn't really know how to play their class..

this is what it boils down to, sega should have never nerfed the exp requirements to next level. it use to be by the time you reached cap you knew what you were doing but now you can reach vh in a day and sh not long after resulting in lots of people who never learn their class.

jcart953
Aug 21, 2014, 02:07 PM
That feature is already available for use. But, for some reason many of you are unaware of its existence.

btw page 15

Unless I'm mistaken I think we might be talking about two slightly different things /methods.

Cerebral Assassin
Aug 21, 2014, 02:36 PM
A lot of people don't seem to grasp the concept of "many enemies grouped together can be killed faster".

They seem to enjoy fighting one at a time in the middle of nowhere, alone.

Sounds like a great way to fail.

I never had a TD fail, I have lost towers though.

Daiyousei
Aug 21, 2014, 02:38 PM
personal glory will always outweigh teamwork for some people

Thanks to the rankings

Maenara
Aug 21, 2014, 02:57 PM
If you guys didn't know, you can just jump over Darker Walls while you're in AIS.

Daiyousei
Aug 21, 2014, 04:10 PM
If you guys didn't know, you can just jump over Darker Walls while you're in AIS.

It helps to break them or damage them a lot at least, for unfortunate souls on the ground

Shinamori
Aug 21, 2014, 05:15 PM
this is what it boils down to, sega should have never nerfed the exp requirements to next level. it use to be by the time you reached cap you knew what you were doing but now you can reach vh in a day and sh not long after resulting in lots of people who never learn their class.

Didn't they nerf it because of players Q_Qing?

Sandmind
Aug 21, 2014, 05:55 PM
Didn't they nerf it because of players Q_Qing?

More like the nerf was planned all along, the old exp curve was just to keep us occupied longer. In a few years, when the level cap will reach 100 and beyond, new players will wonder what us old timer are speaking about "hard to level".

Shiyo
Aug 21, 2014, 06:28 PM

No, you're clinically insane. I like actually being able to gain levels again. 50-60 was the worst times of this game, the dark ages, really.

Sanguine2009
Aug 21, 2014, 06:39 PM
the exp curve changes were great for those of us who have been around since the beginning but for the newer players who have yet to learn their class or find decent gear? not so much. at the very least they should never have made koffee's COs give massive unscaled exp.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 21, 2014, 06:50 PM
No, you're clinically insane. I like actually being able to gain levels again. 50-60 was the worst times of this game, the dark ages, really.

Original 20-30 (To get into Hard Free Fields) was the worst. NAB RAPPY MPA ANYONE

ArcaneTechs
Aug 21, 2014, 07:57 PM
Ok. I don't care about the meta and I'm not a "pro" player.
However I'm not under-geared and I know how to affix stuff to my gear (6sm on all my equips)
Yet I feel compelled to ask:

because English players can't seem to grasp affixing them so they're actually useful and +10'ing them instead of +5 (because they think grinding units is so difficult or on par with weps) and leaving Tagami Soul on it and not actually using the appropriate soul for their class (+60 at least). I suppose the best units would drop off red ET codes if your looking for them (or if you want 11 star units XQ then), if anything, people NEED to be wearing Luther units because from what I see, they're practically the best all around 10 star units atm and everyone has done Luther plenty of times by now to get a full set. Even the common 10 star weapons from all TD's are not that bad, better than using the stone tier weps most of the time

LordKaiser
Aug 21, 2014, 10:40 PM
But since many "English" players where filtered out I thought you guys where having a easier time.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 21, 2014, 11:42 PM
But since many "English" players where filtered out I thought you guys where having a easier time.

trust me, its almost like they never left, blk 20 fills then empties when EQ's are announced. I wish most of these "bad" players would either get better or just leave instead afking in the lobby all the time

final_attack
Aug 22, 2014, 12:48 AM
Um .... as far as I know ..... some players from the other server, moved to JP server due to Bouncer ._. Saw some posts here and there, asking how to connect to JP server ..... not that I blame them all, of course. There are also new players that can be taught to do TD, though I do not see much.

Oh, they're completely new btw. Rushing to cap too. "Might" be worse than "English" players that filtered out. Well, since they're completely new ...... the equipments and experience on earlier TD or EQ should be little. And .... I dunno if it's them, but in Beach Wars EQ ..... maybe I saw one of those ..... new players. Skipping every single code or normal spawns, except for mini-boss or boss only, and running around solo wherever they want, without regard on mpa.

Not to mention some old or new players that afk leech on TD ._.

The other problem is also language barrier too, I think. Without some proper communication, some mpa could suffer in TD.

As someone that can't go afk and only get a little bit time playing (can't get every scheduled EQ), I do hope randoms will get better over-time ._.

I also hope the ability to show other players in map will help especially on TD3, though a little bit of communication should still needed.

Remz69
Aug 22, 2014, 02:01 AM
i was gonna make a longer post but i'll just say this:

with the game as simple as it is now, the only reason people can be bad, this bad, is simply that they don't care
no amount of playtime or good gear would make them better so long as they don't care

gear checking is merely a way to tell someone is potentially bad, not the reason they're bad

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2014, 02:22 AM
Original 20-30 (To get into Hard Free Fields) was the worst. NAB RAPPY MPA ANYONE

This.

Back when FF Forest on hard was lv30+ or so and you could ONLY run Forest and first quest of Caves till you hit 30. Also Level Cap Trial 1...have fun farming 90 quest items from Forest, Caves AND desert. Go kill 7 Quartz 7 Vardha and 5 Fang Banthers without Nab2 for easy Fang Banthers, the buggers never spawned and Naberius Forest EQ was a godsend.

Good old days *sniff*

HIT0SHI
Aug 22, 2014, 02:54 AM
Those days fucking sucked. Glad it has been changed... :argh:

Sanguine2009
Aug 22, 2014, 03:34 AM
c'mon, those days were not all bad.... at least people had to play enough they tended to learn how to play properly as well as to find proper gear before moving on to higher difficulties

Daiyousei
Aug 22, 2014, 03:55 AM
Then we have people who complain it is too tedious and then SEGA decided to relax the restrictions.

I've always wondered why the other MMOs can have good players, oh wait, they want you to kill 100 something to finish a quest, or you don't move on in the questline.

And no leeching the kills from other people, at the very least they have to be in your party or go killsteal.

TaigaUC
Aug 22, 2014, 04:45 AM
Yeah. A skilled player with a weak character is better than a maxed out player that sucks.

Even if you're low level with crap gear, you can still make a big difference if you're skilled with Weak Bullet and/or War Cry.
A good player knows what's most effective. Efficient crystal collection, proper usage of barriers, heals, sockets, AIS all help as well.
That is, assuming you don't die every few seconds like most bad players seem to.

the buggers never spawned

Sounds like you lack "skill".
/sarcasm

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2014, 04:51 AM
Yeah. A skilled player with a weak character is better than a maxed out player that sucks.

Even if you're low level with crap gear, you can still make a big difference if you're skilled with Weak Bullet and/or War Cry.
A good player knows what's most effective. Efficient crystal collection, proper usage of barriers, heals, sockets, AIS all help as well.
That is, assuming you don't die every few seconds like most bad players seem to.

I'm not exactly DPS myself but my gear is far from crap and I pretty much know what to do...only shame is I don't have war cry (yet, soon with EP3). I think I do fairly well overall myself. Last time I spend 7 waves of crystal collecting for example and helped out where needed. It's not hard to figure out what to do in TD1 and 3, I only played TD2 like 4 times total so can't really speak for that.

Sounds like you lack "skill".
/sarcasm

B-but... :(

Still I kind of miss these old days a bit, everything is so easy now when it comes to that stuff....which is great of course if you have multiple characters. I don't really get a feel of accomplishment now when you only need to kill 1 boss of each to unlock something.

fay
Aug 22, 2014, 05:08 AM
All the people here complaining about others: I don't suppose you would want to send me a friend request on PSO would you? I'm fed up with genuinely never being able to finish an EQ because of this that I've partly stopped playing the game. I need actual good people to party with...

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 05:13 AM
All the people here complaining about others: I don't suppose you would want to send me a friend request on PSO would you? I'm fed up with genuinely never being able to finish an EQ because of this that I've partly stopped playing the game. I need actual good people to party with...They've been at this for days and still don't have an organized group despite it being brought up several times as far as I can tell.

fay
Aug 22, 2014, 05:22 AM
You think it would get sorted immediately when people feel this strongly about it. It doesn't even take much organization. It's literally go to X block at X time and we can meet each other...

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 05:23 AM
You think it would get sorted immediately when people feel this strongly about it. It doesn't even take much organization. It's literally go to X block at X time and we can meet each other...I know the feeling. Unfortunately I can't help you since I suck and also don't have a working gamepad at the moment.

jcart953
Aug 22, 2014, 07:45 AM
. It doesn't even take much organization. It's literally go to X block at X time and we can meet each other...
Pfft if only it was that easy. From my experience especially with a 100 man team you got to deal with different time zones,work schedules, girlfriend/boyfriend, different cliches, personalities, this person don't like this person, this person blocked this person, life, etc. I couldn't imagine trying one with randoms. Too much stress for me I'll wait till someone else starts it.

fay
Aug 22, 2014, 08:39 AM
Pfft if only it was that easy. From my experience especially with a 100 man team you got to deal with different time zones,work schedules, girlfriend/boyfriend, different cliches, personalities, this person don't like this person, this person blocked this person, life, etc. I couldn't imagine trying one with randoms. Too much stress for me I'll wait till someone else starts it.

Oh what I meant was say to the people be at X place in 15 minutes and I'll get your friend card. From that point you can team up with them if you can see they're on the friend list.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2014, 08:45 AM
Oh what I meant was say to the people be at X place in 15 minutes and I'll get your friend card. From that point you can team up with them if you can see they're on the friend list.

You can send friend requests to people by searching them in the Visiphone which makes it even easier.

fay
Aug 22, 2014, 08:53 AM
You can send friend requests to people by searching them in the Visiphone which makes it even easier.

Never actually knew you could do that.
In that case, if any of you guys out there that know how to do TD EQs then add me or let me add you so I'm not consistently stuck with the bad B20 people. Would be much appreciated :)

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2014, 08:56 AM
Never actually knew you could do that.
In that case, if any of you guys out there that know how to do TD EQs then add me or let me add you so I'm not consistently stuck with the bad B20 people. Would be much appreciated :)

I could add you I guess, I mostly tend up in any random block with any number of team members that can make it in said blocks/want to team up. Could always be nice to have more options. Do note not everyone I play with is DEE PEE ES but at least know what to do (myself included)

fay
Aug 22, 2014, 09:44 AM
Yeah add away.
Not everyone has to go all DPS lol. The main thing is having the know how to actually do things logically. Even a party that says you grab crystals at the west, another at the right, kill along the way, X players keep an eye on X tower, spread to the nearest one if needing help then head back.
If you need my account name then it's "Hinamori-san"

It's the dream :(

TaigaUC
Aug 22, 2014, 10:21 AM
I'm not exactly DPS myself but my gear is far from crap and I pretty much know what to do...only shame is I don't have war cry (yet, soon with EP3). I think I do fairly well overall myself. Last time I spend 7 waves of crystal collecting for example and helped out where needed. It's not hard to figure out what to do in TD1 and 3, I only played TD2 like 4 times total so can't really speak for that.

Still I kind of miss these old days a bit, everything is so easy now when it comes to that stuff....which is great of course if you have multiple characters. I don't really get a feel of accomplishment now when you only need to kill 1 boss of each to unlock something.

In a good group I feel almost useless, but I still try to contribute where it matters.
In a bad group it feels like I'm the only one making a difference (or more like, where the hell is everyone else?).
In a bad group, I usually receive a high score that reflects my hard work. Which is kind of silly, because the bad players are usually only focusing on score.

Maybe people felt there were no problems before because they always played in a full group. I always played alone.
I personally feel it was still "easy" before, just repetitive and random.
I don't feel a sense of accomplishment in fulfilling orders or clearing requirement quests.
Soloing a boosted mutant (is that what they're called?) boss on max difficulty, even once, feels like an accomplishment.
But the game doesn't reward us for doing stuff that, which is annoying.

In terms of difficulty, I'd like to see more fresh situations that require people to learn the ropes and adapt. New bosses and new modes that require new tactics, etc.
But that sort of thing is always difficult to balance.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2014, 12:53 PM
In a good group I feel almost useless, but I still try to contribute where it matters.
In a bad group it feels like I'm the only one making a difference (or more like, where the hell is everyone else?).
In a bad group, I usually receive a high score that reflects my hard work. Which is kind of silly, because the bad players are usually only focusing on score.

Maybe people felt there were no problems before because they always played in a full group. I always played alone.
I don't feel a sense of accomplishment in fulfilling orders or clearing requirement quests.
Soloing a boosted mutant (is that what they're called?) boss on max difficulty, even once, feels like an accomplishment.

In terms of difficulty, I'd like to see more fresh situations that require people to learn the ropes and adapt. New bosses and new modes that require new tactics, etc.

I don't really feel useless since I can still collect crystals, AIS and try to kill stuff and such, I just try my best to contribute and mostly it ends up in crystals. Once I was fighting Vibrace with 1 random while the rest took take of the pug mobs, it was pretty nice to be able to kill him with that other person the same time the rest of the waves were cleared. It's the small things but I can at least contribute like that.

Game doesn't really reward us and the horrible drop rates on top of that is very demotivating. I also still say that aside maybe TD3 this game isn't hard at all and I don't get why people must have +120 attack to all their gear when I do perfectly fine with +60 with all mine. I'm the type of person who thinks a monster doesn't need to die the moment it spawns. I like it when stuff puts up a fight.

SakoHaruo
Aug 22, 2014, 01:25 PM
PAGE 19

Someone other than me has finally said it.

Like I said before, the people posting here are a bunch of fucking masochist. They don't care about winning, they just want to come in here and complain about it and do nothing at all to correct the problem.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2014, 01:26 PM
Page 20 actually

EvilMag
Aug 22, 2014, 01:32 PM
PAGE 19

Like I said before, the people posting here are a bunch of fucking masochist. They don't care about winning, they just want to come in here and complain about it and do nothing at all to correct the problem.

How could they pair up when some of these people have already blacklisted the whole ship? :wacko:

Shiyo
Aug 22, 2014, 02:43 PM

This is how I feel. I basically don't have any fun AT ALL when I'm with competent players in TD1-3. Ranged classes ruin TD, AIS ruins TD3, and I'm basically sitting there doing nothing except for the 6 minutes of fun I have with my AIS every TD3, yay!

The most fun I have is when I'm with BAD or NEW players and barely able to win with the last tower up at 1% HP.

The problem is, when I'm having fun, I get crap rewards, like 4 rares from C rank and maybe 1-2 10 stars if I'm lucky.

When I'm having zero fun, because I'm getting S rank, I get infinite drops and actually rewarded.

Fun or drops, it's stupid. Basically the content needs to be 10x harder because if it's only challenging for bad players and a cakewalk of zero fun for good players, it's designed and balanced horribly.

saraishadow
Aug 22, 2014, 02:59 PM
So you want content that is only fun for a few people instead of the general population.

.........................Yes that makes perfect sense.

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 03:08 PM
So you want content that is only fun for a few people instead of the general population.I think that's perfectly reasonable, if not normal for MMOs nowadays. The problem is how time gated TD is. It just wouldn't be feasable to have it only be up for a short durration, AND be so difficult that the whole party has to be organized because you might not even get the time to.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sega can't keep relying EQs and for stuff like this. The game needs "hardcore" content that you can do on your own time and on your own terms, instead of having to suddenly get everyone together, people you run with possibly not being online or ready, and having to worry about how geared up the pug is.

All these "QQ MY PUG SUCKS" complaints stem from the simple fact that the "hardcore" game types aren't segregated from the casual ones. People complain that this splits the community, but the community is ALREADY split, it's better to let people have their own places to play than to force them to hope everything goes the way they want.

My idea is maybe to keep the EQs but add special harder versions, maybe that you can only do once per day and have better rewards, but aren't EQs.

EDIT: Another idea would be to have an option like the no npc partners one, that automatically puts you in MPAs with other people who have that option checked, but I imagine that could get abused, or not help when bad players realize they can get carried by doing that.

Shiyo
Aug 22, 2014, 03:24 PM
So you want content that is only fun for a few people instead of the general population.

.........................Yes that makes perfect sense.

Yes, it would be nice if a single form of content in a single video game in the past decade catered to the hardcore player base instead of every single fucking game catering to casual players.

Is that so much to ask? A few forms of content? Maybe a SINGLE form of content? Anything? It is? Oh, sorry, guess I'll go back to being ignored because casuals = where all the money is and games must be as easy and dumbed down as humanly possible for max profit because that's all that matters now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sega can't keep relying EQs and for stuff like this. The game needs "hardcore" content that you can do on your own time and on your own terms, instead of having to suddenly get everyone together, people you run with possibly not being online or ready, and having to worry about how geared up the pug is.

This is why I keep completely ignoring that person that keeps bringing up "it's been 20 pages and no one has tried to form a group yet!". There's a reason for that, EQ's are random, we have 1 hour at most if people are on ES to see it's coming, then we need to all be in the proper block, unless 12/12, which we probably won't ever have, so we have to all be on the proper block, be online, be ready to go, all within an hour. You'd need a pool of like ~30 people who play around the same time for a viable 12/12 MPA for every TD3.

It's a shit system, EQ's are meant to be done with random people, and should not, and never should be, the hardest form of content in the game. You're thrown in with 11 randoms and told "gl hf", at most you have 3 other teammates/friends with you if they're online at the same time and get into the same block.

How about an actual fucking schedule? How about an official (hi https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts) twitter that announces EQ's over an hour in advance? How about Any. Fucking. Thing. Why do I need to rely on ES and swiki? Why do I have to care so much about EQ's coming? Why aren't these difficult bosses NORMAL 4 man encounters or have 4 man versions? Who knows anymore. EQ simulator.

There's just too many walls and gates stopping us from actually playing together with friends in EQ's. The lobby # system in itself is one of the worst designed things I've ever seen in a video game in my entire fucking life, but that's another complaint for another day.

Tankotron
Aug 22, 2014, 05:33 PM
Complaining about good MPAs being "boring" because you don't do much, why don't you like, get GOOD so you can help?
The TD3s I have the most fun in are ones my party S ranks, these are also the runs in which I score the highest because I can focus on what I'm good at. If i'm in a bad MPA I score lower because trying to cover the entire map just doesn't work.

tl:dr, step it up.

Shiyo
Aug 22, 2014, 05:37 PM
Complaining about good MPAs being "boring" because you don't do much, why don't you like, get GOOD so you can help?
The TD3s I have the most fun in are ones my party S ranks, these are also the runs in which I score the highest because I can focus on what I'm good at. If i'm in a bad MPA I score lower because trying to cover the entire map just doesn't work.

tl:dr, step it up.

You probably play a ranged class.

Grats, tower defense was designed by someone who only thinks ranged classes exist in PSO2.

Can't do anything when everything is dead and there's 3-4 people collecting crystals.

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 05:38 PM
How about an actual fucking schedule? How about an official (hi https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts) twitter that announces EQ's over an hour in advance? How about Any. Fucking. Thing. Why do I need to rely on ES and swiki? Why do I have to care so much about EQ's coming? Why aren't these difficult bosses NORMAL 4 man encounters or have 4 man versions? Who knows anymore. EQ simulator.There totally is an hour advanced alert... for premium players... on es. orz

ArcaneTechs
Aug 22, 2014, 06:25 PM
PAGE 19

I made this thread to discuss whether or not the English community can even improve on these team work based EQ's instead of leeching and letting others do all the work etc, I didn't say or intend this thread to be some meet up for TD mpa's, you came in blurting this all out. Now if these other players want to get together and form a MPA for future TD's, power to them but no ones here to make your request happen or prove a point that psow can't form a party for jack. Either way, I'd rather play with JP players until I see some kind of improvement from the English community either by ear, by video or the off chance (unfortunately) by gameplay exp

Ce'Nedra
Aug 23, 2014, 05:52 AM
There totally is an hour advanced alert... for premium players... on es. orz

Which is bugged anyway. Few days ago someone got a mail TD3 was incoming...turned out the mail was from a week ago but sent at that exact point to him. ES isn't 100% reliable.

Kondibon
Aug 23, 2014, 06:05 AM
Which is bugged anyway. Few days ago someone got a mail TD3 was incoming...turned out the mail was from a week ago but sent at that exact point to him. ES isn't 100% reliable.LOL gg sega.

oratank
Aug 23, 2014, 10:28 AM
another big problem in td 3 i had found is people too scare to use ais.even i said we need 2 ais for w5 people still no respond. until disaster happen and here we go 3 ais on field wtf.
i don't know maybe they think to keep 2-3 ais for 6-8 is a good idea?

Daiyousei
Aug 23, 2014, 10:55 AM
another big problem in td 3 i had found is people too scare to use ais.even i said we need 2 ais for w5 people still no respond. until disaster happen and here we go 3 ais on field wtf.
i don't know maybe they think to keep 2-3 ais for 6-8 is a good idea?

Recently I was in a late block TD run where the players English or Japanese communicated rather well regarding AIS use, people would call out when they were about to AIS way ahead of time starting at wave 4. The result was virtually at least an AIS active during the attack phases for the rest of the waves. And there weren't everyone in AIS at the same time even on last wave. I saw FOs zondeel mobs away or at least drag them away with ilmegid towards the players in AIS. I myself used showtime to aggro the wolgas away and towards a player in an AIS.

So communication helps even if one has to breach the language barrier.

oratank
Aug 23, 2014, 11:35 AM
well at the last wave people should all in ais if they can
nothing can breach ais line

ReverseSeraf
Aug 23, 2014, 12:32 PM
I think it's more along the lines of people wanting to be 1st place because of that ranking system. Why SEGA thought it was a good idea, I have no idea, especially when calculating how much a person "contributes" is faulty in so many ways that it shouldn't even be a priority.

So will teamwork exist in random MPAs? Probably not, for lots of reasons. But there are some rare cases.

How about an actual fucking schedule? How about an official (hi https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts) twitter that announces EQ's over an hour in advance? How about Any. Fucking. Thing. Why do I need to rely on ES and swiki? Why do I have to care so much about EQ's coming? Why aren't these difficult bosses NORMAL 4 man encounters or have 4 man versions? Who knows anymore. EQ simulator.

They're called Emergency Quests for a reason... I won't go into the nature and circumstances of what makes something an "emergency", since I assume everyone knows that by now. So no, having a complete schedule of when EQs come up would be in complete contradiction.

But yes, I do agree that the hardest form of content within the game should not be limited to 30~ mins every 2-3 hours, and that blocks do impede us sometimes from playing with friends should we not be able to form 12/12 MPAs with friends/teammates.

First thing I'd probably do would be to get rid of the premium space entirely and just make it available for everyone. I can see it fixing up a lot of things. Making more space would be a possibility, but if you want more lag... have fun with that.

EDIT: Another possibility would be to remove the ranking system completely, and instead have a ranking system at the end of the hour that shows which MPA did the best in terms of time. Therefore, it won't be so player-specific, but it'll be MPA-specific, which will probably get people more motivated to work together.

I made this thread to discuss whether or not the English community can even improve on these team work based EQ's instead of leeching and letting others do all the work etc, I didn't say or intend this thread to be some meet up for TD mpa's, you came in blurting this all out. Now if these other players want to get together and form a MPA for future TD's, power to them but no ones here to make your request happen or prove a point that psow can't form a party for jack. Either way, I'd rather play with JP players until I see some kind of improvement from the English community either by ear, by video or the off chance (unfortunately) by gameplay exp

That's good and all that you want a discussion on whether the EN community can improve, but there's a lot of things wrong with that:
1. It's not limited to EN players. JPs can be just as incompetent.
2. Despite your intentions, this thread WILL attract people who will discuss, but also complain about MPAs due to a number of factors (bad gear, etc.) The comments made by SakoHaruo and others are not necessarily aimed at you but for those who say "My MPA is bad for yada yada yada". Would it not cross their mind to team up with each other since they feel so strongly about this topic? Shiyo mentions it being hard to pair up with people who're your friends for EQs, but I'm not seeing him and others taking advantage of this thread to identify potential people.

Shinamori
Aug 23, 2014, 12:37 PM
TDs would be fun if people actually worked together.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 24, 2014, 08:40 PM
TDs would be fun if people actually worked together.

the problem is no one knows how (with the except few)

SakoHaruo
Aug 24, 2014, 09:08 PM
That's good and all that you want a discussion on whether the EN community can improve, but there's a lot of things wrong with that:
1. It's not limited to EN players. JPs can be just as incompetent.
2. Despite your intentions, this thread WILL attract people who will discuss, but also complain about MPAs due to a number of factors (bad gear, etc.) The comments made by SakoHaruo and others are not necessarily aimed at you but for those who say "My MPA is bad for yada yada yada". Would it not cross their mind to team up with each other since they feel so strongly about this topic? Shiyo mentions it being hard to pair up with people who're your friends for EQs, but I'm not seeing him and others taking advantage of this thread to identify potential people.

It will never end, especially with the OP's mentality toward EN players. He doesn't want to party with other players, but he wants to discuss why they suck so much at PSO2. The only way to change something is to lead by example. You may not get everyone's attention, but at the end of day, you tried, and that's all that matters. I haven't seen any of the crybabies here try to form a MPA. Fucking masochist.

Ignoring logic yet again. :(

Page 22. Keep it up guys. o3o

Meteor Weapon
Aug 24, 2014, 09:21 PM
Is planning a good MPA really that easy to begin with? With all the blocks filling up faster than light and some people we know not wanting to leave those blocks. Even worse if its planned on an empty block, someone might not attend to that planned mpa due irl stuff or whatever, leaving the MPA with fewer people..

Our team planned on doing Loser together and nobody took any note or simply there's wasn't enough people or people refused to leave those full blocks.

My logic doesn't really seem that good so pardon.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 24, 2014, 09:23 PM
It will never end, especially with the OP's mentality toward EN players. He doesn't want to party with other players, but he wants to discuss why they suck so much at PSO2. The only way to change something is to lead by example. You may not get everyone's attention, but at the end of day, you tried, and that's all that matters. I haven't seen any of the crybabies here try to form a MPA. Fucking masochist.

Ignoring logic yet again. :(

Page 22. Keep it up guys. o3o

not like you contribute to any of the topics on psow anyways, group of you guys do this. yet you want to point this out to everyone to seem like a badass your trying to always be or w/e your doing

again i didn't make this to start forming mpa's for TD nor am I gonna try to

SakoHaruo
Aug 24, 2014, 09:35 PM
not like you contribute to any of the topics on psow anyways, group of you guys do this. yet you want to point this out to everyone to seem like a badass your trying to always be or w/e your doing

See, I ignored your first reply because I knew you were going to say some stupid shit like this, which proves that you don't want to achieve anything from this thread expect for 'Please, notice me Sako'. This isn't the time for that. I've been here since page 9(?) telling you idiots to form a party and win.

MPA up or stfu.

^ This right here... masochist. He enjoys losing. He doesn't want to improve the community. He just want Sako to notice him. o3o

Yeah, do us all a favor and stfu.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 25, 2014, 01:21 PM
See, I ignored your first reply because I knew you were going to say some stupid shit like this, which proves that you don't want to achieve anything from this thread expect for 'Please, notice me Sako'. This isn't the time for that. I've been here since page 9(?) telling you idiots to form a party and win.

MPA up or stfu.

^ This right here... masochist. He enjoys losing. He doesn't want to improve the community. He just want Sako to notice him. o3o

Yeah, do us all a favor and stfu.
the moment you stepped into the thread i already knew that you were going to make pointless posts like you always do in threads, you think your top shit with that crappy "trolling" your always doing and expect people to listen to you. Your not any different from the few others here trying to put on the cool act to impress whoever your trying to impress. Trust me no one wants your attention, everyone knows how stupid you act in front of everyone in your posts, your the one who craves that attention if anything, even further backed up with that crappy emoticon your always posting like you just 1up'd someone when really you didn't

i can see why most ppl block you and others, you guys still have that 4th floor mentality, carried it for years, harnessed it then made it into the "norm" for yourselves, it's pathetic (that or your still in highschool)

Chidori
Aug 25, 2014, 01:29 PM
idk most of the worst TD3's ive ever had wer full JP groups, Both en & jp can equally do bad at any eq its not just en.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 25, 2014, 01:31 PM
i rarely find bad jp groups for TD, maybe thats why i prefer tham way over english mpa's since a good english mpa is rare as hell

Amakuni
Aug 25, 2014, 01:45 PM
This thread is pretty fun , i'm a Hu/Br , i main the sword , and i often finish first in jp MPA ( in jp server ) , i don't really get what is hard during TD , you just have to kill everything , if people are already bad at this easy task , don't ask them to being better , i think you just waste your time , most of the PSO2 player are just here for cosmetics , not skills .

But , don't get it wrong , jp can really screw up EQ easily too .

TaigaUC
Aug 25, 2014, 01:54 PM
Saw some troll posts and realized it was SukyHaruo. Waste of time.

Established facts people keep wasting time arguing about:
1. Most EN/International players are crappy. They probably don't care, or they believe they are the best.
2. There are good EN players, but they are very rare. They probably run in full MPAs, too.
3. Casual EN/International players tend to want to do their own thing, rarely listen to advice, and rarely bother researching information.
4. There are crappy JP players.
5. The number of good JP players vastly outnumbers crappy JP players.
6. JP players tend to know where to research information, and they usually accept that there's always room for improvement. They usually understand that group cooperation benefits everyone.

I've had a total of maybe 7-8 good EN MPA TD1-3 runs from TD1's implementation until now.
Maybe more recently. I guess good players came back?

I've had roughly an equal number of really bad JP MPAs.
There are sometimes 1-2 crappy JP people who split enemies up, wasting everyone's time, etc.
On the other hand, EN crappiness comes in large groups.

I still see partied EN players that don't know how to TD.
In TD1, they spread enemies out and fight them in the middle of nowhere.
TD2 in general tends to be a train wreck, so I rarely do it anymore. People forgetting the bomb, etc.
In TD3, they hump bosses next to bases instead of pulling them away.
Obviously, they haven't looked at any of the guide posts.
I honestly believe they don't know how to read, or don't use Google.

Personally, I haven't tried forming an entire MPA. I don't talk to enough people. I'd imagine it's a huge pain, what with how blocks and multiparties work.
I run with a few friends, and they're strong. But it doesn't matter how strong we are if everyone else is idling or getting bosses to hump bases.

I know some JP players who feel they are so weak that they don't want to burden anybody, and so they stay away from MPAs and EQs in general.
Or they purposely play at much lower difficulties, so that they aren't a burden.
Can you imagine EN/International players with that kind of considerate attitude? Because I can't.
I'm sure there are a few, but I bet they're really rare.

Kondibon
Aug 25, 2014, 02:03 PM
Can you imagine EN/International players with that kind of considerate attitude? Because I can't.
I'm sure there are a few, but I bet they're really rare.Gee thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/tEaGf1r.gif

Cerebral Assassin
Aug 25, 2014, 02:06 PM
Is planning a good MPA really that easy to begin with? With all the blocks filling up faster than light and some people we know not wanting to leave those blocks. Even worse if its planned on an empty block, someone might not attend to that planned mpa due irl stuff or whatever, leaving the MPA with fewer people..

Our team planned on doing Loser together and nobody took any note or simply there's wasn't enough people or people refused to leave those full blocks.

For Base you can do it 1 hour in advance and don't move blocks until emergency announcement, then do the final head count.

If you have 12 decent people who are on, there are no good reason why you can't go to an empty block and create a MPA, then run it.
Seriously if you want to do something together then just do it.

Another thing you don't need 12 people to do TD1/TD2.
I did both and got S with 8 people.
Just be smart!

trentjosh
Aug 25, 2014, 02:11 PM
I have recently come back to pso2 TD1 had just come out when i played last so my first TD3 im sure i was horrible and i feel like i still have room for improvement
especially since im not a force who can home in on everything with ilmegid i know to try and get stuff away from the tower but alot of the times when i hit them they dont stop to fight me
i dont know if im not doing enough damage or what its based off of but alot of the time when theres a boss on a tower i cant figure out how to get them on me
also what is the contribution score based off of last hits or total damage because i dont see how sometimes in the same mpa i can go from being first to being way lower multiple times thru out the rounds

SakoHaruo
Aug 25, 2014, 02:27 PM
the moment you stepped into the thread i already knew that you were going to make pointless posts like you always do in threads, you think your top shit with that crappy "trolling" your always doing and expect people to listen to you. Your not any different from the few others here trying to put on the cool act to impress whoever your trying to impress. Trust me no one wants your attention, everyone knows how stupid you act in front of everyone in your posts, your the one who craves that attention if anything, even further backed up with that crappy emoticon your always posting like you just 1up'd someone when really you didn't

i can see why most ppl block you and others, you guys still have that 4th floor mentality, carried it for years, harnessed it then made it into the "norm" for yourselves, it's pathetic (that or your still in highschool)

^Words from a man who will take a bullet for Sako before forming a MPA.

Alright lets brake it down!

the moment you stepped into the thread i already knew that you were going to make pointless posts like you always do in threads

From page 11 - current I've been advertising group MPAs. That's trolling? Forming a party with other loners in order to achieve S Rank is... trolling? :-?

you think your top shit with that crappy "trolling" your always doing and expect people to listen to you.

Advertising group MPAs in a thread filled with loners. Again... :-?

Your not any different from the few others here trying to put on the cool act to impress whoever your trying to impress.

Advertising group MPAs. Who am I trying to impress? :wacko:

Trust me no one wants your attention, everyone knows how stupid you act in front of everyone in your posts, your the one who craves that attention if anything, even further backed up with that crappy emoticon your always posting like you just 1up'd someone when really you didn't

I crave attention? Go back a page and you'll see this fool clearly ignored ReverseSeraf's post and replied to mine. I ignored his first reply because I didn't want it to lead to this (the shit you're reading right now). it's pretty obvious that he was upset that I didn't notice him so he could derail the thread. I was two steps ahead of you, brah. I knew replying to you would end like this. o3o

Well, well, look at this^ I didn't know I was so popular. Confirmed anti Sako circle. o3o

DJcooltrainer
Aug 25, 2014, 03:38 PM
I have recently come back to pso2 TD1 had just come out when i played last so my first TD3 im sure i was horrible and i feel like i still have room for improvement
especially since im not a force who can home in on everything with ilmegid i know to try and get stuff away from the tower but alot of the times when i hit them they dont stop to fight me
i dont know if im not doing enough damage or what its based off of but alot of the time when theres a boss on a tower i cant figure out how to get them on me
also what is the contribution score based off of last hits or total damage because i dont see how sometimes in the same mpa i can go from being first to being way lower multiple times thru out the rounds

There's a lot going on in TD3 when compared to 1 & 2. I think these are the most important factors to doing well in TD3:
1. Communicate with the MPA and decide who is going to use their AIS on which waves. This is CRITICAL to a good score.
2. If you're unable to clear a wave, use a burst barrier to save your towers from going boom.
3. Take out infected ships ASAP
4. Take out infected towers ASAP
5. Collect crystals in-between waves

The best runs I've had have always had someone calling out that they're using their AIS wave, or asking who wants to use AIS next. It's really important to a successful run.

Oh, and your score is calculated based off how many enemies you tag, how many you kill, and how many crystals you collect.

trentjosh
Aug 25, 2014, 04:15 PM
There's a lot going on in TD3 when compared to 1 & 2. I think these are the most important factors to doing well in TD3:
1. Communicate with the MPA and decide who is going to use their AIS on which waves. This is CRITICAL to a good score.
2. If you're unable to clear a wave, use a burst barrier to save your towers from going boom.
3. Take out infected ships ASAP
4. Take out infected towers ASAP
5. Collect crystals in-between waves

The best runs I've had have always had someone calling out that they're using their AIS wave, or asking who wants to use AIS next. It's really important to a successful run.

Oh, and your score is calculated based off how many enemies you tag, how many you kill, and how many crystals you collect.

well i do all those things i guess im just afraid of being useless because of all the hearing people complain about people in TD3 i just want to make sure im doing what i can to not be that person i guess but i always do those things you say so i guess i must be doing atleast better than alot of the bad people XD

Daiyousei
Aug 25, 2014, 04:19 PM
Don't worry about the score, it's only there to boost your ego and get you to break away from everyone else doing your own thing, the worst runs I've had always had the same 3 people on the top 3 each wave. I still get last 3 overall rank but still get a nice amount of 10*s out of it.

fay
Aug 25, 2014, 04:58 PM
Just putting it out there that if any of you are actually the good En players on ship2 then I'm still looking for these good MPAs :P.

BubblyBoar
Aug 25, 2014, 05:02 PM
Problem with ENG players is that there's less people that know what they are doing helping those that don't. They just expect them to be good without teaching them to be good. Or, they try and teach without realizing how aggressive they are coming off as and get the token "I play the way I want!" retort. I speak from experience as I've tried to teach a ton of people how to not suck. It takes more than one instance of advice to get them on board.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 25, 2014, 05:02 PM

It's not hard if it's scheduled. See if you can get 12 people together and get it going on an empty block, that's all.

ReverseSeraf
Aug 25, 2014, 05:04 PM
I crave attention? Go back a page and you'll see this fool clearly ignored ReverseSeraf's post and replied to mine. I ignored his first reply because I didn't want it to lead to this (the shit you're reading right now). it's pretty obvious that he was upset that I didn't notice him so he could derail the thread. I was two steps ahead of you, brah. I knew replying to you would end like this. o3o

I don't even know who you're referring to anymore x_x

well i do all those things i guess im just afraid of being useless because of all the hearing people complain about people in TD3 i just want to make sure im doing what i can to not be that person i guess but i always do those things you say so i guess i must be doing atleast better than alot of the bad people XD

... if you're referring to this thread when you're "hearing people complain about people in TD3", don't worry about it too much... just... no, no...

... >_>

Good god, are most of you incapable of trying to get players to be good through actual coaching instead of complaining about them through threads like these?

EDIT:

Problem with ENG players is that there's less people that know what they are doing helping those that don't. They just expect them to be good without teaching them to be good. Or, they try and teach without realizing how aggressive they are coming off as and get the token "I play the way I want!" retort. I speak from experience as I've tried to teach a ton of people how to not suck. It takes more than one instance of advice to get them on board.

I love you for this.

SakoHaruo
Aug 25, 2014, 05:21 PM
Just putting it out there that if any of you are actually the good En players on ship2 then I'm still looking for these good MPAs :P.

The entire thread believes that attempting to form a party with loners is trolling. Here's some advice; Give up before you end up like that troll Sako. o3o

Kondibon
Aug 25, 2014, 05:26 PM
The entire thread believes that attempting to form a party with loners is trolling. Here's some advice; Give up before you end up like that troll Sako. o3oTo be honest you're coming off as pretty assholish for no reason. :/

And that's a pretty heavy strawman considering he called you trollish for coming in here, and continuing to nag people after they gave some pretty reasonable responses as to why forming their own MPA isn't practical. Not because you suggested it in the first place.

ReverseSeraf
Aug 25, 2014, 05:56 PM
EDIT: removed

Probably shouldn't start a flame war

Edson Drake
Aug 25, 2014, 06:22 PM
3. Casual EN/International players tend to want to do their own thing, rarely listen to advice, and rarely bother researching information.

Yes, I've met some people that don't even know PSO-W exists, also don't use the patch, so they don't even know about AIDA *gasp* and the patches, they just play in Jp without even knowing things 100%.

6. JP players tend to know where to research information, and they usually accept that there's always room for improvement. They usually understand that group cooperation benefits everyone.

I think that this is a lesson in general for everyone. It's an RPG, I absolutely love reading everything about it, the details, the game mechanics, how to improve my characters, which skills are effective and which aren't, how to squeeze more out of the classes and equipment(as long as I can pay). I don't understand why it's so hard for some to understand this.

Cooperation, I think it's hard for some people to follow others, which I believe is the reason so many people play by themselves. In fact, this happens so often Sega is going to increase exp gain so that more people party together.

There's also far too many that only play this game for the dress up part. I love the customisation and enjoy beautiful characters, but it's expensive both in and out of the game.

I played with some people that only cared about character appearance, ignoring equipment, just barely scrapping through quests with whatever was available. While those people probably went on to play things that cater more to that public, it seems there's still quite a bit of that mentality for some still in the game. I'm guilty of this a bit myself, but I know my priorities and it's equipment that matters most.

SakoHaruo
Aug 25, 2014, 06:38 PM
Do be honest you're coming off as pretty assholish for no reason. :/

And that's a pretty heavy strawman considering he called you trollish for coming in here, and continuing to nag people after they gave some pretty reasonable responses as to why forming their own MPA isn't practical. Not because you suggested it in the first place.

OK. You guys win.

*switching to NiceSako*

I'm only doing this because if we continue the thread will turn into Please notice me Sako! and I don't want anyone thinking 'I crave the attention'

Anyway I wish you loners the best of luck. Remember, never give up! S Rank will present itself in front of you somewhere in the future. o3o

EDIT: removed

Probably shouldn't start a flame war

[spoiler-box]
Fun fact: Sako has never been in a flame war on PSOW with anyone. But I DO o3o from the sideline of others. Most people realize they can't have it their way and give up pretty quickly when against me.

Krill: I didn't even know he existed. Like... who are you? He just came out of nowhere with the Please, notice me Sako! mentality some time during the DDoS. Not sure why he even hates me so much and knows so much about me. I knew coming in this thread I had to avoid any confrontation with him. twas a mission failed.
[/spoiler-box]

ArcaneTechs
Aug 25, 2014, 08:15 PM
OK. You guys win.

*switching to NiceSako*

I'm only doing this because if we continue the thread will turn into Please notice me Sako! and I don't want anyone thinking 'I crave the attention'

Anyway I wish you loners the best of luck. Remember, never give up! S Rank will present itself in front of you somewhere in the future. o3o

[spoiler-box]
Fun fact: Sako has never been in a flame war on PSOW with anyone. But I DO o3o from the sideline of others. Most people realize they can't have it their way and give up pretty quickly when against me.

Krill: I didn't even know he existed. Like... who are you? He just came out of nowhere with the Please, notice me Sako! mentality some time during the DDoS. Not sure why he even hates me so much and knows so much about me. I knew coming in this thread I had to avoid any confrontation with him. twas a mission failed.
[/spoiler-box]
ya keep craving that petty attention you want, been around here long enough to know how you are, your displaying your very best to show just what a "good person" you are, there are others who know just how much of a shitty troll you are that they dont even bother to respond to any of your posts except for the ppl who can tolerate you. please continue to show what a true kind hearted person you are for "trying" to get people to form up.

Sayara
Aug 25, 2014, 08:31 PM
Per a request