PDA

View Full Version : fashion tips? \(0w0)/

iridesence
Aug 12, 2014, 08:53 PM
So, I'm working on the look of my character, since i have all the gear i will need for awhile. I figured since I have nothing atm I really need to spend money on, I would improved the look of my character.

Here is what i have atm:
http://i.imgur.com/fjJkyVN.png

I just have this feeling though that something is missing, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Any fashion tips would be cool, as I have been trying to find this "missing piece" that seems to be bugging me for so long. (It's rather frustrating tbh. more so then I thought it would be.)

Celille
Aug 12, 2014, 08:57 PM
Cat ear hat.

BIG OLAF
Aug 12, 2014, 09:02 PM
I'd have to see more outfits and angles to really be able to help you.

But, for starters, I'd say lose the little metal default headdress thing. It really doesn't jive with that outfit, or any outfit, for that matter.

Also, maybe a more exotic eye style would help you. Most of them aren't cheap, though.

Vintasticvin
Aug 12, 2014, 09:10 PM
WHat kind of a look are you gunning for ultimately iridesence?

HeyItsTHK
Aug 12, 2014, 09:17 PM
Need more pics to judge. I'd drop the metal bat ears though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 12, 2014, 11:41 PM
But, for starters, I'd say lose the little metal default headdress thing. It really doesn't jive with that outfit, or any outfit, for that matter.

Unless you're marlu, then you're dakimakura material with that headdress.

Still though, I wouldn't use that accessory on that costume; it's more for... actual arks outfits, and inferior to so many other headpieces for costumes outside of the arks theme.

Hate to impose a change of costume, but OP, what do you think of the new yukata from the electronic diva scratch?

Cypher_9
Aug 13, 2014, 12:22 AM
You can try this:

http://blog-imgs-57.fc2.com/d/a/i/daikoukaimio/pso20130628_204638_014.jpg

The purple one is something I would pick out for you; to bring out the hair and eyes. With this you can choose to wear socks/ stockings if you prefer.

Or this:

http://blog-imgs-45.fc2.com/d/a/i/daikoukaimio/pso20131227_195817_001.jpg

Really deep crimson also to bring out your eyes and hair - the black or white trimmed/ legged ones would work out.

Or this even:

http://blog-imgs-52.fc2.com/d/a/i/daikoukaimio/pso20130309_082751_007.jpg

I would choose the green for you since it has different shades and its supplemenary color (yellow) and the black socks which do balance everything out. Also this looks very spunky and show the young spry ARKS that you are.

As for makeup; I dont think you need. However as for Accessories plenty can fit those outfits though I would rather get something for your hair like a bow or beads - earrings even to show more of the 'cute' factor

NoiseHERO
Aug 13, 2014, 12:34 AM
Use proper anatomy, no bubble tits, Try to avoid only wearing single colored outfits mix dat shit up, On the other hand try to stick to less than 4 different colors on an outfit. Ideally wear whatever and however many colors you want if you can make it work but don't make a hot mess, but don't look boring either.

Hats make a lot of hairstyles less boring, Accessorize like crazy! A lot of outfits will make your body shape look disproportionate no matter what you do, SEGA's bad at outfit designing when they try to be unique. Avoid wearing what everyone else in a lobby is wearing, you'll stand out, and they prolly have boring tastes anyway. But depending on how your character is made I guess you could "wear it better."

Never modify your anatomy just for it to work with 1 outfit... there's gonna be a dozen more better outfits later. All the default sunglasses suck. If you have a little girl character, don't use the original "young" face. If you want to look like a little girl the adult face or the new loli face works way better, no please seriously this part is important. Either look realistic or look like an actual anime character don't go for that creepy mutant face.

If you have a girl character period try not to be completely obvious that you're a guy playing as her with your outfit and design choices. She can still be "sexy"/attractive/scantilly clad or whatever without looking like the equivalent of a middle schooler drawing "yeah a naked lady" in his notebook with deformed/abnormally sized body parts and stankbitch outfits.

/didn't actually read thread just felt rambling/ranting about how to avoid bad/typical character design.

Cypher_9
Aug 13, 2014, 01:12 AM
Use proper anatomy, no bubble tits, Try to avoid only wearing single colored outfits mix dat shit up, On the other hand try to stick to less than 4 different colors on an outfit. Ideally wear whatever and however many colors you want if you can make it work but don't make a hot mess, but don't look boring either.

Hats make a lot of hairstyles less boring, Accessorize like crazy! A lot of outfits will make your body shape look disproportionate no matter what you do, SEGA's bad at outfit designing when they try to be unique. Avoid wearing what everyone else in a lobby is wearing, you'll stand out, and they prolly have boring tastes anyway. But depending on how your character is made I guess you could "wear it better."

Never modify your anatomy just for it to work with 1 outfit... there's gonna be a dozen more better outfits later. All the default sunglasses suck. If you have a little girl character, don't use the original "young" face. If you want to look like a little girl the adult face or the new loli face works way better, no please seriously this part is important. Either look realistic or look like an actual anime character don't go for that creepy mutant face.

If you have a girl character period try not to be completely obvious that you're a guy playing as her with your outfit and design choices. She can still be "sexy"/attractive/scantilly clad or whatever without looking like the equivalent of a middle schooler drawing "yeah a naked lady" in his notebook with deformed/abnormally sized body parts and stankbitch outfits.

/didn't actually read thread just felt rambling/ranting about how to avoid bad/typical character design.

Dat passion... but its true....

Either look realistic or look like an actual anime character don't go for that creepy mutant face.

I lol'ed

Xelor
Aug 13, 2014, 07:01 AM
@Rock Eastwood

Nice tips there. I think all I'd be lacking is some color. I've only made my newest character some days ago so she's a bit bland and still rocking starting stuff but I'm also looking around as I get money.

@Towards anyone who knows
Is there a better place to be able to look at all the hairstyles in PSO2 other than cirnopedia? I can't get a good enough look at them to know if I like it or not. And as of now, I seem to be most satisfied with one of the starting hairstyles anyways. If I can get a better look without it getting all pixelated, I may decide on some of them.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 13, 2014, 07:20 AM
Don't use the loli face (Shota face too, to a lesser extent #yesallwomen), especially on your 30 year old body.

Jyasupa
Aug 13, 2014, 07:29 AM
#thisbitchneedsurgery

Vintasticvin
Aug 13, 2014, 08:14 AM
Where hell have you two (Jyasupa and Jaqlou) and Rock been at? Been a tad bit boring around here without Regular Team D:

Sandmind
Aug 13, 2014, 11:39 AM
@Towards anyone who knows
Is there a better place to be able to look at all the hairstyles in PSO2 other than cirnopedia? I can't get a good enough look at them to know if I like it or not. And as of now, I seem to be most satisfied with one of the starting hairstyles anyways. If I can get a better look without it getting all pixelated, I may decide on some of them.

Personally, I just copy paste the jpn name of the hairstyle/anything else in google and add pso2 tag to it.

Jungo Torii
Aug 13, 2014, 01:05 PM
Where hell have you two (Jyasupa and Jaqlou) and Rock been at? Been a tad bit boring around here without Regular Team D:

Probably in greener pastures (like me).

My fashion tip is make your hairstyle an afro and throw a bunch of shit that clashes on and make it stick.

Sorry I'm not that helpful.

Chdata
Aug 13, 2014, 01:10 PM
fashion tip: wear sexy bikini

download aida mod

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 13, 2014, 01:20 PM
(Shota face too, to a lesser extent #yesallwomen)

I dunno. I don't get a "Shota" vibe from the Juvenile face. You can make a fairly believable young adult with that face. Mazarin uses it and he looks at least 16.

The Babyface, on the other hand... *Shiver*

Vintasticvin
Aug 13, 2014, 01:47 PM
fashion tip: wear sexy bikini

download aida mod

Now thats just plain lazy shame on you!

As for tips just come up with a outfit theme like for my caseal I went the "Magical robot angel faerie girl" theme route and sexy yet elegant (Eretique Reign, can't member the coat's name but it came in the bask scratch) but I'm slowly stooping to stankbich level -.-

Lighthero
Aug 13, 2014, 02:52 PM
I wonder why everyone is so against the baby face. It's really not that bad if you can work with it properly (it actually makes a rather cute character). Perhaps this is just a western style taste, just like with comics/manga in general. Not to mention that the older face kind of has weird shading or some weird shapes. I can't really put my finger on it but it somehow tends to feel off. Babyface doesn't have it aside from naturally having large-ish eyes.

Anyway, seeing you have green hair OP. It will help getting red coloured costumes (blue and yellow are fine too). Secondly, darker colours would fit better than lighter overal. Her hair is pretty light, so getting some contrast going is the way to go. Never get a costume the same colours as your haircolour. That's just bad. It could work with black or white hair though.

As for accessory, I suggest not using more than two head/face part as it becomes "too much". It also becomes like that easier when you have tails. Third accessory is suggested to be something that just sticks around the character somewhere.

The make-up can be anything. You can givr your character an entirely different face/impression with just that. So, be sure to atleast get the different types of face make-up for the best combinations. If you have, you can make the face part fit the outfit more (usually I have a set of costumes to use with each set up). Standard and plain without anything special with be light blush with pink/orange lips. For a dark char, brown or red would already give a lot more depth.

If you plan to be more of a fashionista, it MIGHT be better to get a natural hair colour since any of them fits with pretty much any colour.

Ad for finding the right hairstyle, you can simply lurk around the lobbies and see if you like anything.
Good luck!

iridesence
Aug 13, 2014, 07:23 PM
thxs for the tips.

i was experimenting with other designs as well, and i came up with this so far:

http://i.imgur.com/7SpDPzY.png

any thoughts?

BIG OLAF
Aug 13, 2014, 07:27 PM
That's very cool, but I'm not a fan of the hairstyle. Just an opinion, though. Maybe look for some other long hairs you like.

Great Pan
Aug 13, 2014, 07:49 PM
Two words : Sexy Bikini. Thank you.

SakoHaruo
Aug 13, 2014, 08:39 PM
Two words : Sexy Bikini. Thank you.

Not everyone can pull off the sexy bikini.

Lighthero
Aug 13, 2014, 08:59 PM
I'm not fond of the standard hairstyles actually. To avoid spending lots of money, be sure to think what you want your character to look like. Then, buy a hairstyle you would like her to wear as it fits. For no clipping through clothes, dont get anything longer than shouder length. I think the Fiona hair was similair to your current one, it might still be cheap, not sure. It is definitely better looking though.

As for the hats...eh...I'm not sure about hats. All I ever like are the wizard hats and they go with any wizard outfit. I prefer normal hair accessories like clips, flowers, ribbons, etc or earrings.

Costume. Are you sure you want her to be a more tomboyish looking girl? You could also go for a more femenine one and perhaps use the undergear to lessen the exposed skin. Overal, the male>female costumes look quite manly overal. They also tend to lessen the amount of cleavage.