PDA

View Full Version : Glorious Monsoon: Fun with traps and RA/TE (Ranger/Techer)

HIT0SHI
Aug 15, 2014, 12:58 AM
So uhmmm... I guess traps will definitely be useful on EP.3 then!
Not for only RA/TE by any means, but as for spare SP players might consider getting them now. :wacko:

Glorious Monsoon: Fun with traps and RA/TE (Ranger/Techer) gameplay - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBml_rWpzFY)

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 01:12 AM
This is amusing and gimicky, but we'll have to see what other ways they buff traps before we decide if they're actually gonna be useful for serious gameplay or not.

Also, nice to know poison traps work on dragon bosses.

yoshiblue
Aug 15, 2014, 01:22 AM
Pretty cool stuff. I like the music. Is nice.

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 02:02 AM
That my friends, is how you know someone knows their shit when it comes to hybriding and utilizing their job well. Even if it is not a prefered choice - it is an option someone can choose aside from the flying roundhouse deeps everyone made themselves to be.

Also Yyvonia is a cool cat daddy-o

Edson Drake
Aug 15, 2014, 02:04 AM
Excellent vid! Absolutely loved the Yu Gi Oh! references.

We'll finally be able to use those like we should, freely and without having to ruin our damage builds.

DrCatco
Aug 15, 2014, 02:10 AM
That is the video that inspired me to become a trapper ranger.

GHNeko
Aug 15, 2014, 02:31 AM
Damn!

I knew this build would work!

But I wasn't motivated enough to build it myself.

Great to see it in action!

final_attack
Aug 15, 2014, 02:48 AM
But, isn't there mobs that get upper trap effect? I tried on Goldrahda last time, and it doesn't seem to stagger them ...... I'll try it again after I capped my Te, maybe next week (still 68 atm) ^^; But, should it not stagger some mobs, it's still useful for PP recovery purpose ^^

And yeah, traps seems fun. I already planned to go Trap Ranger too for Gu sub.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 15, 2014, 03:39 AM
This was highly entertaining. Kudos.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 15, 2014, 03:57 AM
this video made me laugh since you can do the same thing faster with just using diffuse shell on the same mobs as ra/hu ra/gu or ra/br

starwhisper
Aug 15, 2014, 04:38 AM
Entertaining video. It's always fun to watch a noob full of himself spending 20sec to kill 4 wolves when you can kill them and the rest of the family with one click as a ranger.

Ordy
Aug 15, 2014, 04:42 AM
I don't know man, using traps is like ... like ...... trying to cut a steak with a spoon? Sure It must be fun, that person in the video seemed to have fun, but wow such inefficiency.

And Glory Rain Zondeel'ed and stunned mobs?! That's like cock teasing a RAHU (T_T)

Why not Zondeel, Stun, Cosmos Breaker with a good launcher? With the incoming EP3, we won't even need a TE sub to zondeel and can just use a gravity bomb.

Just my mere opinion.

The Walrus
Aug 15, 2014, 10:44 AM
That's pretty neat.

vaerix
Aug 15, 2014, 10:59 AM
Because no other PA is named Glorious Rain.

And why must you hate on people's triumphs of innovation? Even if it is inefficient, it's clever.

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 11:03 AM
I don't know man, using traps is like ... like ...... trying to cut a steak with a spoon? Sure It must be fun, that person in the video seemed to have fun, but wow such inefficiency.

And Glory Rain Zondeel'ed and stunned mobs?! That's like cock teasing a RAHU (T_T)

Why not Zondeel, Stun, Cosmos Breaker with a good launcher? With the incoming EP3, we won't even need a TE sub to zondeel and can just use a gravity bomb.

Just my mere opinion.

This video was made way before Cosmos existed... Then again... I forgot when it actually came out; though I am pretty sure this is the reason. ._.

But, with actual punts to the gut; you must admit this was creative at the given time.

SakoHaruo
Aug 15, 2014, 11:50 AM
He seems to be having fun. That's against the rules. o3o

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2014, 11:53 AM
Traps were always useful problem is one or many of the following

1. People suck at using traps
2. People aren't sure of when to use them and...
3. Doesn't brother with traps because its all about LOLLOKOLOLOLOOKLLHIEHUEHIEHUEHUE damage.

But yeah the author of the video is quite the person.

Scale of Judgment
Aug 15, 2014, 12:25 PM
This looks fun. Kudos on the video.

DrCatco
Aug 15, 2014, 12:36 PM
He seems to be having fun. That's against the rules. o3o

http://i.imgur.com/75Pp1WZ.jpg ?

GHNeko
Aug 15, 2014, 12:41 PM
It clearly states in the description that he isnt aiming for efficiency or damage, but people still seem to point that out.

Implying they dont care or they didnt read the description.

He's also capped at Lv65.

Meaning that this video was taken a while back.

But let's just not take that into consideration.

sigh

Aine
Aug 15, 2014, 12:43 PM
Depending on how good gravity bomb is, Rangers will be able to pseudo-Zondeel+Satellite Cannon by themselves in EP3.

That'll be amazing

ShinMaruku
Aug 15, 2014, 12:45 PM
You guys shgould see what happens when my gunner s-rolls and casts ilmegid and ilfoie. XD

GHNeko
Aug 15, 2014, 12:46 PM
Actually. I am interested in that.

Please show.

Stickboy
Aug 15, 2014, 01:12 PM
i always wanted to tech after sroll, but there's no good t-atk tmg
i always wanted to tech with my own weak bullet solo, but i'll lose it when i swapped to rod and there's no good t-atk rifle

stuff

ShinMaruku
Aug 15, 2014, 01:16 PM
S-roll works on techs, get a good latent and have good t-attack (I have around 700 without weapon) and do it, it's funny as hell.

moorebounce
Aug 15, 2014, 03:47 PM
I had traps but most people were like WTF so I stopped using them. I know when the new skill tree format drops more people will use them. I think a lot of people weren't willing to spend skill points on them when they could be put to better use.

Sandmind
Aug 15, 2014, 04:02 PM
On topic, I always say to have one solid build for serious stuff. What you do with your others skill tree/class/alt character is up to you, playing a game should be about having fun.

Off topic, I also played gufo, it's a fun style, although I found that ice synergize well, gibarta can profit from Sroll for placement and then releasing a decently damaging frontal aoe that control very well those mobs. And ilbarta is ilbarta. I thought entering SH would neuter gufo, but it's holding it's own much better and doesn't feel like a chore unlike when SH launched and I was still playing a generalist build FOTE...

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 05:00 PM
I had traps but most people were like WTF so I stopped using them. I know when the new skill tree format drops more people will use them. I think a lot of people weren't willing to spend skill points on them when they could be put to better use.

Damn the opinions of the masses; thats what they are - i wouldnt even care if a class did 1 million damage. I still wont play it~

As most people already said and put out; its all dependent on what you like and with what you like you make it work which makes you an asset in a different light.

Basically, know your job and do it well~

Rather than getting Tasamagi'ed by a Gorda... and saying 'help'

ReverseSeraf
Aug 15, 2014, 05:13 PM
this video made me laugh since you can do the same thing faster with just using diffuse shell on the same mobs as ra/hu ra/gu or ra/br

You're kinda missing the point here :-?

If anything, I think ep3 is really about making those "laughable" class combinations actually viable now, not because it'll make them more efficient than your typical Hu-sublclassed class combos, but just... well, just look at the video lol. That looks fun

GALEFORCE
Aug 15, 2014, 05:18 PM
Brauvint is still the best t-atk TMG in the game atm. That 570 tatk is better than any latent you can possibly get. I wonder if they're cheap enough to use for a nonsrs build like gufo yet.

Edit: Mm.. They're pretty cheap now. Shame they're nerfing s-roll soon though... I don't think I'll be trying it now.

mctastee
Aug 15, 2014, 05:24 PM
I found this genuinely amusing.

Sacrificial
Aug 15, 2014, 05:27 PM
I liked the poison trap + ignition combo out of those showed. Glorious rain kinda .... I'd like to see an updated version with cosmo breaker.

I used upper traps in td's to counter mantises, untill the release of SatCan.

ShinMaruku
Aug 15, 2014, 06:21 PM
Brauvint is still the best t-atk TMG in the game atm. That 570 tatk is better than any latent you can possibly get. I wonder if they're cheap enough to use for a nonsrs build like gufo yet.

Edit: Mm.. They're pretty cheap now. Shame they're nerfing s-roll soon though... I don't think I'll be trying it now.

It's a nerf but not a heavy nerf. How I am rolling I just need to peak at 2k t-attack and s-roll + latent and tree should make up for the loss in s-roll

HIT0SHI
Aug 15, 2014, 07:08 PM
I'd like to see an updated version with cosmo breaker.

Agreed. There's also other combinations that seem plausible like Shift Period, Reverse Tap, Torrential Arrow, Sonic Arrows, Kaiser Rise, etc...

Rakurai
Aug 15, 2014, 07:45 PM
Traps still don't seem like they'd have much use outside of using Upper Traps for PP regen during times where a boss is immobile, since the damage just isn't high enough.

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 07:51 PM
... since the damage just isn't high enough.

o 3o The deeps is strong in this one...

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 08:11 PM
o 3o The deeps is strong in this one...As someone who regularly plays inefficient builds, that damage was REALLY low for the level the character was. Like REALLY low. Everything worked well mechanically though, so if traps get a speed/damage buff (and if you go te/ra instead of ra/te) it should be possible to get decent damage out of it.

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 08:17 PM
As someone who regularly plays ineffecient...

Yes, I am sure everyone know this by now; my thing is that the same thing keeps being repeated over and over again.

We are smart enough to see and depict what is a BIG number and what is a small number.

It just defeat the purpose upon what this thread is about; it is showing a unique game play/ style upon what someone can do with such class. That is it.

If we wanted to see a deeps race; then the video of it would be up which have been shown countless times as the fellow JP have exposed. It is cool and all; just refreshing to see something else.

final_attack
Aug 15, 2014, 08:26 PM
Oh right, I forgot to ask, does the Stun Grenade also recover PP (with Tactics Trap)?

Should it recover PP, It's still Tactics Trap PP recovery amount, no matter how many hits Stun Grenade done?

Thank you ^^

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 08:28 PM
Yes, I am sure everyone know this by now; my thing is that the same thing keeps being repeated over and over again.

We are smart enough to see and depict what is a BIG number and what is a small number.

It just defeat the purpose upon what this thread is about; it is showing a unique game play/ style upon what someone can do with such class. That is it.

If we wanted to see a deeps race; then the video of it would be up which have been shown countless times as the fellow JP have exposed. It is cool and all; just refreshing to see something else.Well yeah it was amusing, and I'm not saying it has to be top deeps. I'm just saying that I don't see what's actually impressive about the video. Or should I start uploading gu/fo juggle videos? :wacko:

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 08:34 PM
I'm just saying that I don't see what's actually impressive about the video...

Well being the literal 2nd to comment on the thread; an interest had to be there - a video or showing of that matter really doesn't have to invoke such a strong emotion; just enough for one to care... which has happened.

Or should I start uploading gu/fo juggle videos? :wacko:

Yes, I would like to see that~ o 3o

I'll even pay you... what do you want; money, power.... (bleeps out the last part)

GHNeko
Aug 15, 2014, 08:36 PM
People are approaching this video with the mentality of current meta and what's available now lol.

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 08:42 PM
Well being the literal 2nd to comment on the thread; an interest had to be there - a video or showing of that matter really doesn't have to invoke such a strong emotion; just enough for one to care... which has happened.

Yes, I would like to see that~ o 3o

I'll even pay you... what do you want; money, power.... (bleeps out the last part)I never said I'm not interested. Just not thinking "OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING"
Like, it's cool that mechanically traps kinda do what they're supposed to but 13 minutes of zondeel bombing and standing on boss weak spots spamming glorius rain/diffuse shell isn't all that impressive if all you throw in is mines.

Poisoning the dragons is cool though.

EDIT: I'll retract my statement. It's impressive at first, but it get's stale really fast.

People are approaching this video with the mentality of current meta and what's available now lol.
Because that's what the video is showing. I know what traps can do right now. I wanna know what they can do post patch. 3:

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 08:50 PM
... Just not thinking "OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING"...

Of course, I know I wasn't either - however praise in someones work and experimentation in such should be. They taken the time, put the effort, now we are seeing it here.

And now we are commenting about it; and goodness only knows how Hitoshi ran across such a video when it didn't get much attention when the user themselves put it up on day one.

Again the praise is in his work - and I am giving such to the player. I would do the same for others who discovers what this game was suppose to be about in the first place.

Dream Dreams like the Nights theme~

moorebounce
Aug 15, 2014, 08:52 PM
Damn the opinions of the masses; thats what they are - i wouldnt even care if a class did 1 million damage. I still wont play it~

As most people already said and put out; its all dependent on what you like and with what you like you make it work which makes you an asset in a different light.

Basically, know your job and do it well~

Rather than getting Tasamagi'ed by a Gorda... and saying 'help'

Doing what you want is good in theory. I like to pull my weight in a party. I like being a hunter but with the balance issues you look stupid trying to run up to everything and it's killed before you get there. It's pretty much the same thing with using traps. With having to actually set your traps on the ground in a party everything would be dead unless you planned way ahead or by yourself. By yourself (like in most of those videos) Traps are fun. In a party it's a waste of time and skill points.

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 08:57 PM
This is why I'm glad they only cost 1 point after the update. Even if they end up still being really bad they don't set you back much at all so I can still take them to mess around with.

Also they won't be items anymore so yay. :U

Of course, I know I wasn't either - however praise in someones work and experimentation in such should be. They taken the time, put the effort, now we are seeing it here.

And now we are commenting about it; and goodness only knows how Hitoshi ran across such a video when it didn't get much attention when the user themselves put it up on day one.

Again the praise is in his work - and I am giving such to the player. I would do the same for others who discovers what this game was suppose to be about in the first place.

Dream Dreams like the Nights theme~I already said that it's amusing, just not impressive. It just requires more key presses to do what everyone else can already do.

I already said how I feel about the video it's self. It drags on too long and doesn't have much variation.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2014, 09:09 PM
Well, I got the RA/TE part down. And I'll just go on playing RA/TE. Should be interesting to see how traps fair in EP3.

Rakurai
Aug 15, 2014, 09:24 PM
If traps being skills means you can place as many as want now without having to go buy more of them, then I think I'll have to invest them a little, even if just for the lolz.

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 09:32 PM
I actually plan on going Te/Ra instead since techer has so many main class only skills that I think would be more useful to me than Ranger's. (though I'm getting them anyway just in case I decide to go RA/GU again too)

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v1/skillcalc.php?085IbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0jdo dBIb00000000jdoIn0000008dobnIbIddxdBIoJIdokkIkIk00 008do000000lo00000007odAi2rBqxGSqBsX000000IbIo0000 00f

ShinMaruku
Aug 15, 2014, 11:28 PM
Well yeah it was amusing, and I'm not saying it has to be top deeps. I'm just saying that I don't see what's actually impressive about the video. Or should I start uploading gu/fo juggle videos? :wacko:

I'll do that gu/fo nuttery. :wacko:

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 11:34 PM
I'll do that gu/fo nuttery. :wacko:Go ahead, I can't even play properly right now cause my gamepad is broken.