PDA

View Full Version : Scary enemies

Deidaku
Aug 15, 2014, 05:34 AM
Are there any scary enemies in this game?

I doubt there are any but I just want to know if it's the case.

starwhisper
Aug 15, 2014, 05:35 AM
Yes, there is DOODOO.

Deidaku
Aug 15, 2014, 05:36 AM
YOU ARE UNLUCKY XD

not really an enemy but still his face is weird X)

Friyn
Aug 15, 2014, 05:39 AM
Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single mob that would've creeped me out on any level.

Deidaku
Aug 15, 2014, 05:49 AM
I think we're either too powerful or Badass to fear anything.

The only thing that scared me was encountering Dark Ragne in forest when My fighter was Lvl 10. Oh god it was so hard . But a Imanaged to stay alive until a gunner came out of nowhere and saved me :D

starwhisper
Aug 15, 2014, 05:52 AM
His thirst for excubes is like a vampire thirst for blood. When facing Doodoo for end-game gear you will be hit by abilities as scary as:
-weapon disruption (your weapon only does 50% damage until you beat Doodoo again)
-curse of the golden star (you must element grind your 10*+ weapon or you should use a weaker weapon)
-fodder brain maze (some kind of crowd control)
Along his infamous wallet-draining ability and I'm sure I forgot some.
He is scary.

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 06:13 AM
Is this just a question to start conversations? If so then no, there's nothing in this game I'd consider scary enough to keep me up at night. I wouldn't want to run into a darker irl though. :/

Also, what do you mean by scary? Like spooky scary skeletons? Or just something that makes you worried you might not be able to beat it ingame?

landman
Aug 15, 2014, 06:23 AM
I was scared of Claris Claes' Ra-Foie the first time I encountered her, I was trying to Namegid her, and of course, she was stopping all my charges, and for a few time I thought I was done. Also, Sarah's face, from the side, is scary.

Friyn
Aug 15, 2014, 06:32 AM
I think we're either too powerful or Badass to fear anything.

The only thing that scared me was encountering Dark Ragne in forest when My fighter was Lvl 10. Oh god it was so hard . But a Imanaged to stay alive until a gunner came out of nowhere and saved me :D

No, wait, your post made me remember my first Chrome encounter in H Desert Exploration during my Dark Ragne hunts for first SP CO(I didn't know about Nab2 back then).

You know that one particular spawn where mobs jump down from a cliff instead of appearing out of thin air? That's how I met Chrome for the first time. He climbed on the cliff and jumped down right in front of me. That startled me big time and I must say, it felt pretty goddamn epic.
To my own surprise I was able to beat him down without dying even once.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 15, 2014, 10:56 AM
I was scared of Claris Claes' Ra-Foie the first time I encountered her, I was trying to Namegid her, and of course, she was stopping all my charges, and for a few time I thought I was done. Also, Sarah's face, from the side, is scary.

That reminds me, I missed a chance to take a picture of Claris from an event field with a really creepy smile. I think it was somewhere on the arks battle championship board as a yellow event field in volcanic cave...

Zorafim
Aug 15, 2014, 11:04 AM
The game doesn't present the enemies in a threatening way. But if you really look at some of the models, many of them are actually fairly intimidating.

Zerex
Aug 15, 2014, 11:13 AM
Plot twist: a fragment of Manus makes it into the game

Scale of Judgment
Aug 15, 2014, 12:28 PM
The scariest enemy that I wouldn't want to die from is from a rappy peck.

NoiseHERO
Aug 15, 2014, 12:48 PM
Plot twist: a fragment of Manus makes it into the game

Suddenly bow braver becomes popular.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 15, 2014, 12:49 PM
Bal Rodos/Dominus with it's mask off.

Fusionxglave
Aug 15, 2014, 01:03 PM
Actually you may Not believe this but these monsters are pretty scary to children.

My house had a final Party for Summer before going back to work and some people brought over their kid,s telling me if I could watch them.

Two of them, 8-years-old and 10-years-old, saw me play Phantasy Star Online 2 while I was doing My Daily Mesta Run. One of them said it looks boring and the other one just kind though it was strange.

I just ignored them.

As I was sitting there hoping to finish my run as a final activity for Summer they kept questioning me about everything. They had no idea what I was doing beside killing monster and then absorbing floating colorful objects. They kept telling me to play something different games like Freaking MINECRAFT!!

MINECRAFT!! MINECRAFT!!

These kids were so irritating. They really did not want me to have any fun that night. You can see why these parents push their kids on to me while they have fun at My Home. Being a good host I knew these parents probably needed a break.

Anyway, I was getting some quest done than some Darkers showed up Mostly big ones (El Dagan, Kartargot, Breeahda, and El Ahda). The Eight-year-old nearly pushed me for no reason and the ten-year-old turned away.

I was really surprise and ask them what was wrong. They told me the Darkers looked creepy, weird, deformed, and Scary. They said One of them has a huge disgusting head (Breeahda) and the other one has half a body and flies around (El Ahda).

These kids are the ones who can play Call of Duty But Darkers from Phantasy Star online 2 is way too much.:-?

One of the kids threaten me to turn off my game before they call in their parents. Oh.... my..... gosh..... really?

I had to turn it off because one of them was about to hit me and the other one was hitting me on the side of my stomach.

These kids were horrible I lost like 100k for the run.:-(

Even though I quit the game they still told their parents on me.

These "Parents" were asking me why I had such a scary game and I said this not scary at all. Eventually we had a small discussion and they blame me for not knowing what scares their kids. They told me to watch them better. Then They just went back to partying.

I could not play Phantasy Star Online 2 that Night and lost 400k for the daily run.:-(

Well now I know, some children are afraid Of DARK FORCES:-P

heheehheeehhehe

But really I am not ever going to invite those guys any where near my Property.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 15, 2014, 01:11 PM
Evil bug monsters are scary.

Arachnophobia friend looks at Ragne differently after me telling her Ragne is supposed to be a spider-type enemy. They never fought it in the arena, so never saw it crawl around on the walls and such.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 15, 2014, 02:20 PM
Not sure if there's anything that creeps me out in the usual sense of the word. But Quartz Dragon, the Banthers, and the Dicahdas unnerve me in an "Oh god, I'm screwed" sort of way.

Lostbob117
Aug 15, 2014, 02:37 PM
Degans are scary, I have nightmares.

pkemr4
Aug 15, 2014, 02:49 PM
Giant Rappys

Sayara
Aug 15, 2014, 03:11 PM
The rare Ringdaghda is intimidating to look at,
its color scheme mainly.

SakoHaruo
Aug 15, 2014, 03:22 PM
Rushing to area 3 while Cougar is on that ass. You can't outrun a Cougar. :(

EDIT: Actually Mizer is faster than Cougar.

Natsu Nem
Aug 15, 2014, 03:36 PM
Being surrounded by (Pre)dicahdas where a single dica has the ability of comboing you to death.

Laxedrane
Aug 15, 2014, 03:57 PM
Gel buffs use to creep the shit out of me back when they stuck around for 5 minutes or so and were guarantee one shots no matter the gear or level. My one friend still freaks out when he gets chased by one and his sound system makes the noise they make while flying from behind.

There was a period of time where he would just zone out and wait for the code to end.XD

But yeah I am in the camp were a lot of things would be creepier and scarier if we couldn't just run them over like a freight train.

BIG OLAF
Aug 15, 2014, 04:03 PM
Wolgahda is quite creepy, actually.

It's the tiny little head, with the beady little eyes and the little mandibles, and the big ass "mouth" on its chest that isn't actually a mouth.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/RzmL5YE.jpg[/spoiler-box]

saraishadow
Aug 15, 2014, 04:11 PM
Wolgahda is a tad reminiscent of PSO Dark Falz's final form

GALEFORCE
Aug 15, 2014, 04:44 PM
If the game's artstyle permitted it, many darkers could be pretty creepy. Can't really expect that from a waifu simulator though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 15, 2014, 05:37 PM
Gel wulf is intimidating in the 'you cant do anything about this flying mass of pain chasing you down' sense... but not creepy.

The one time i was creeped out by dagans is when I had some graphic bug in a PSE burst in ruins when dead dagans just froze in place standing upright. There were just circular piles of dagans just sitting there... *shiver*

Of course I relogged when the PSE was over. That was creepy. Gonna see if I still have the screenshot.

edit: I don't. Must'ave deleted it because it creeped me out...

Helvetica Standard
Aug 15, 2014, 05:46 PM
That pink haired girl from the Extreme Quests..both her voice and her huge, penetrating eyes creeps the hell out of me. ._.

Gama
Aug 15, 2014, 05:54 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/20942.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ノーヴ・マリダール
Nove Mallidarl

creepy eyes ._.

and i really dislique this boss

also

reminds me of

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/4/45/PokeyNSMBU.png/100px-PokeyNSMBU.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Omega-z
Aug 15, 2014, 06:30 PM
@Fusionxglave - That was messed up totally. Those parents have no clue that there kids are playing them big time. They should of been rebuked and not you and gone home with their kids. Darkers are a little bit disturbing but not scary. And these kids where old enough to know better and dealt with it, since they have been exposed to far more disturbing stuff playing Call of Duty and games like that.

Zerex
Aug 15, 2014, 06:40 PM
Rushing to area 3 while Cougar is on that ass. You can't outrun a Cougar. :(

EDIT: Actually Mizer is faster than Cougar.

But everyone knows that the Red Cougar goes 3x faster, there's no way mizer could be faster

W i n t e r
Aug 15, 2014, 11:19 PM
Fungies, Gel Wuffs, and Baizes. They all make my skin itch.

TaigaUC
Aug 15, 2014, 11:32 PM
Apprentice's face in that cutscene is pretty ugly.

Aside from that, I think some player characters are probably the scariest.
Or funniest, depending on what amuses you.
This guy, for example: http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=38514

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 16, 2014, 12:02 AM
Apprentice's face in that cutscene is pretty ugly.

Aside from that, I think some player characters are probably the scariest.
Or funniest, depending on what amuses you.
This guy, for example: http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=38514

Hard to breathe haha

silo1991
Aug 16, 2014, 12:09 AM
im still remember when i was level 16 , me , a friend and a cousin ; we was in the forest and we found a chrome dragon and a dark ragne at the same time.

and the just screamed and fortunly we notice both hate each other so we acted like a third faction XD

Enforcer MKV
Aug 16, 2014, 12:22 AM
The enemies? Not a chance.

Some of the things made in character creator, however....

AlVaRo0515
Aug 16, 2014, 01:03 AM
Are there any scary enemies in this game?

I doubt there are any but I just want to know if it's the case.

YES, Dudu, and B20ians.

DamonKatu
Aug 16, 2014, 01:59 AM
Hmmm, lets see.

[[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]]
Flaz HUnar...
Dark Luther ....
The Twins .... (done to death...)
Persona....
and -- AHHHH! THE ANGRY BLOND LADY! RUN AWAY!!

Dark Matter
Aug 16, 2014, 02:20 AM
its a game for 15 and over youre not gonna see much but on the other hand....
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/li70XTl.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

strikerhunter
Aug 16, 2014, 02:25 AM
The enemies? Not a chance.

Some of the things made in character creator, however....

This, nuff said.

Rakurai
Aug 16, 2014, 04:31 AM
I also get more creeped out by the characters some people make then any of the enemies.

Which is made worse by the fact that many of said characters look as though the person who made them wasn't actually trying for that at all.

Maenara
Aug 16, 2014, 04:52 AM
Chrome Dragon is fairly creepy, especially if you take in how he walks, runs, that howling sound when he summons Darkers, etc, etc.