PDA

View Full Version : Servers offline??

zerophyte
Aug 17, 2014, 12:09 AM
I'm getting Error 249 when trying to login to PSO2. All the servers at logon appear to be listed as "unknown".

I'm using Tweaker and have the game updated with all latest patches that were available.

Are the servers offline for everybody?

GHNeko
Aug 17, 2014, 12:26 AM
Are you using PSO2Proxy or some other SSH/VPN program?

Helvetica Standard
Aug 17, 2014, 12:34 AM
ok. quick summary (Next time, please use the search function to look for any stickies about stuff. A simple "server status" would direct you to several info dumps abut why you can't login.)

*PSO2 servers went down a month ago due to a DDoS attack
*Service resumed some 20 days after
*SEGA didn't announce the new IP route after the attack to foreign ISP.
*Due to that, servers are online but only for japanese ppl and a couple of western ISPs
*Westerners had to resort to VPN, proxy or tunneling to connect.
*Issue remains unresolved till today.

FIX: Go get yourself a VPN, proxy or use pingzapper.
SEA FIX: if you're from south east asia you're IP locked. Use a VPN or play the SEA version. just checked your location. :p

zerophyte
Aug 17, 2014, 04:03 PM
Sorry, for not using the search function. I had read the sticky topic about the recent server problems. But I wasn't aware that there were "still" ongoing problems.

No, I am not using a proxy or any kind of VPN. I did read that proxies and VPN's will get you banned for sure? Is it safe to use pingzapper?

The Walrus
Aug 17, 2014, 04:05 PM
No you won't banned for sure. Just don't use some random public vpn.

GHNeko
Aug 17, 2014, 04:05 PM
People can get banned using VPNs/Proxy since it is against the TOS, but the stories of people getting banned or it being a certainty are exaggerated.

Pingzapper is fairly safe, but your best bet is to follow the AWS method to get a dedicated JP IP address that isnt shared. Requires you to front a temp cost of 1$ on a card though.

zerophyte
Aug 17, 2014, 07:07 PM
People can get banned using VPNs/Proxy since it is against the TOS, but the stories of people getting banned or it being a certainty are exaggerated.

Pingzapper is fairly safe, but your best bet is to follow the AWS method to get a dedicated JP IP address that isnt shared. Requires you to front a temp cost of 1$ on a card though.

I take it, you're referring to this guide here?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299&highlight=AWS+method

GHNeko
Aug 17, 2014, 07:19 PM
Yes sir.

btw-Niji
Aug 17, 2014, 09:23 PM
Yes, servers are offline.