PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Reported about shared items codes

Manta Oyamada
Aug 20, 2014, 10:40 AM
SEGA Reported that some participants from the Thanksgiving 2014 that was held on August 16 shared their items codes throughout other players that ended up with malicious activities such as item duplications.

SEGA has taken action to all of the players who participated on such activities and so their accounts were suspended for a period of time. These players are now under supervision of SEGA and if any similar activities are seen from them that violates the Terms of Use Policy of SEGA will receive a permanent banned account.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=4229

Takatsuki
Aug 20, 2014, 10:48 AM
What? Thanksgiving?

Daiyousei
Aug 20, 2014, 11:15 AM
What? Thanksgiving?

感謝祭 2014

or the Thanks Festa 2014, that everyone knows it as.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 20, 2014, 11:18 AM
People taking advantage of the system? Unheard of >.>

Serves them right. That's just a.) downright stupid and b.) ...why?

There's no need to duplicate items unless you REALLY REALLY want to make money.

Kikikiki
Aug 20, 2014, 11:22 AM

You just answered your own question.

wefwq
Aug 20, 2014, 11:28 AM

To be fair, everyone wants to make money for incoming TA nerf.

aidon
Aug 20, 2014, 11:32 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/stir.gif

Shinamori
Aug 20, 2014, 11:43 AM

Well, if you have more than 1 character, wouldn't really matter.

The_Brimada
Aug 20, 2014, 11:48 AM

I bought AC scratch stuff to make more money. Didn't work out so well though >_>

pkemr4
Aug 20, 2014, 12:00 PM
SEGA Reported that some participants from the Thanksgiving 2014 that was held on August 16 shared their items codes throughout other players that ended up with malicious activities such as item duplications.

SEGA has taken action to all of the players who participated on such activities and so their accounts were suspended for a period of time. These players are now under supervision of SEGA and if any similar activities are seen from them that violates the Terms of Use Policy of SEGA will receive a permanent banned account.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=4229

their accounts were suspended for a period of time

suspended for a period of time

period of time

top kek

WNxTyr4el
Aug 20, 2014, 12:16 PM
You just answered your own question.

Touche.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/stir.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

I see your point sir.

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2014, 12:51 PM
I dunno why people always jump on the easy money/item exploit bandwagons in online games...

It's ALWAYS found out and people ALWAYS get mass banned/temporary banned.

Add in stupid mixed with the "really really easy money" reasoning. Or not caring... I mean it's hard to care too much about pso2.

UnLucky
Aug 20, 2014, 01:01 PM
What items? And good to know there's still dupe hacks/exploits in this game

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2014, 01:13 PM
Would not be an online phantasy star game without easy access to duping/trainers. >>;;;;;

It's tradition.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2014, 01:20 PM
Would not be an online phantasy star game without easy access to duping/trainers. >>;;;;;

It's tradition.

Yeah really. People get mad over this? PSO without hackers/dupers/cheaters/etc. isn't PSO at all.

It's part of the PSO experience man.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 20, 2014, 01:26 PM
Yeah really. People get mad over this? PSO without hackers/dupers/cheaters/etc. isn't PSO at all.

You mean like playing Diablo 2 Open Battle Net? Like that?

Vintasticvin
Aug 20, 2014, 01:29 PM

Until Sega bans your region, isp, or close the server for Good.

Alenoir
Aug 20, 2014, 01:37 PM
What's actually being said in the article:

Some people acquired multiple Arks GP Final bonus item codes (Danbo suits and mags) by entering and exiting the event location constantly, even when it's only supposed to be one code per person. People found to have entered more than one code per account are temp banned currently. There is no item hacking/duping involved.

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2014, 01:50 PM
Oh, so only have trainers then.

Still... KINDA pso.

Daiyousei
Aug 20, 2014, 01:53 PM
What's actually being said in the article:

Some people acquired multiple Arks GP Final bonus item codes (Danbo suits and mags) by entering and exiting the event location constantly, even when it's only supposed to be one code per person. People found to have entered more than one code per account are temp banned currently. There is no item hacking/duping involved.

They're just exploiting the event, nothing really involving a game glitch or cheating.

Sizustar
Aug 20, 2014, 02:43 PM
What items? And good to know there's still dupe hacks/exploits in this game

Not Dupes, but people that attended the live events, "buying" or leaving and reentering, getting multiple codes and inputing them into their main account.

There are people that inputed over 20 codes for the Danbo outfit, Sega is going after those.

There are also other people selling their codes on yahoo Auction and Line, not sure if Sega is going after them.

Easiest way might be to make the Danbo outfit untradable, but then that's unfair to the people that can't attend?

SakoHaruo
Aug 20, 2014, 02:58 PM
There are people that inputed over 20 codes for the Danbo outfit

http://i.imgur.com/wRcH1rW.gif Security, what security? That shit was frayyy

Sizustar
Aug 20, 2014, 03:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wRcH1rW.gif Security, what security? That shit was frayyy

Because there people that go and ask for the code from other people, or pay people on the street to go in and get the code, give it to them and leave.
It's a "common" practice at such event, with limited code or entry for prize, such as poster, signed item from VA, and physical/digital prize.
They usually hire pretty girls to ask or say, my friend really wants it, but can't attend this event, can you give me your code/contest entry(Usually linked with the entry ticket) so they get multiple chance to win the item.

Asked around a bit.

People that redeemed 2 code are currently "safe"
People that redeemded 3~ 4 code, seems to have gotten a 10 day ban.
People that redeemded 10+ code have 30 day ban.

10 day Ban message
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/DbEobfU.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

30 day ban message[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/ltL7jcg.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Selling the code on auction site like these[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/5EDdrWK.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaelouse
Aug 20, 2014, 03:22 PM
All this over a 7-year-old cardboard box meme. Shameful display

Rupikachu
Aug 20, 2014, 03:35 PM
All this over a 7-year-old cardboard box meme. Shameful display

All this over 15~ million meseta each suit (not counting the mag).

if someone managed to get and sell 20 they would just have proffited 300m~ for exploiting the physical event.

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2014, 03:36 PM
He was a meme?

I thought he was just a photography trend. (one I enjoyed @_@)

I know it came from yotsuba... dunno how it became amazon related...

Xaelouse
Aug 20, 2014, 03:44 PM
All this over 15~ million meseta each suit (not counting the mag).

if someone managed to get and sell 20 they would just have proffited 300m~ for exploiting the physical event.

Yes and now they're "temporarily" banned over it, so who cares.
They're 7 mil on my ship and currently getting undercut.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2014, 03:46 PM
They're going for that much?

Now I get it. Sega doesn't care about the economy, they just want to make sure the rewards for going to their events retain their value long enough for people the NEETs to consider leaving the house worth it.

landman
Aug 20, 2014, 04:09 PM
lol couldn't they make some kind of code that can only redeem a class of item one single time? that won't stop people selling the codes outside the game thou.

ZER0 DX
Aug 20, 2014, 05:05 PM
lol couldn't they make some kind of code that can only redeem a class of item one single time? that won't stop people selling the codes outside the game thou.

This. There are so many ways they could have prevented this in the first place and not only in game but in person as well. Simply sending out the codes by e-mail to attendees instead of physically handing out the codes would have been the easiest way to circumvent people being smart enough to take advantage of their lousy security.

It's all Sega's fault really, I just hope they don't start restricting item codes that come with physical items because of this. I figure if you're willing to spend the money on their CD's and Magazines more than once it shouldn't even be a concern considering it's all been paid for already.

Daiyousei
Aug 20, 2014, 05:29 PM
Simply sending out the codes by e-mail to attendees instead of physically handing out the codes would have been the easiest way to circumvent people being smart enough to take advantage of their lousy security.

And then someone can simply have a few email alts handy.

EvilMag
Aug 20, 2014, 05:39 PM
oh no you're buying our merchandise and giving us money, heres a ban now fuck you.

SEEEEEEEEEEEGA

Aine
Aug 20, 2014, 05:52 PM
IIRC there's a clause prohibiting it somewhere in the TOC
and sega probably wouldn't have done anything about it if so many people didn't complain

yeah I'm a bit jealous of the people who made 300m so easily too but what evs

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 20, 2014, 06:06 PM
OP really shouldn't be posting news if he can't read japanese. First post misleading.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 20, 2014, 06:18 PM
OP really shouldn't be posting news if he can't read japanese. First post misleading.

Misleading why? Are you going to follow that up with something? Do you read Japanese? Do you understand what the post says?

I'm assuming you're saying this because you do understand Japanese and understand what the post says.

But I've been wrong before.

Sizustar
Aug 20, 2014, 06:25 PM
Misleading why? Are you going to follow that up with something? Do you read Japanese? Do you understand what the post says?

I'm assuming you're saying this because you do understand Japanese and understand what the post says.

Like I posted earlier, this has nothing to do with item duplication through hacking.
But through player mass redeeming and reselling the code they gave to attendent at the live festa.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 20, 2014, 06:26 PM

If you read the rest of the thread you'd realise OP was way off the mark, linked topic has nothing to do with item duplication.

I understand perfectly what the post says but im usng a mobile so not used to making long posts, also sizu has already explained it.

Kikikiki
Aug 20, 2014, 06:35 PM

You really shouldn't be posting if you're just repeating what others said with a cynical voice.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 20, 2014, 06:37 PM
My bad. I read the rest of the thread and put that to the OP. I apologize.

outb4hated.

ZER0 DX
Aug 20, 2014, 08:15 PM
And then someone can simply have a few email alts handy.

If it was a registered or paid event that required a check-in or badge scan to confirm attendance, that wouldn't matter. Once they're cleared for entrance then it'll send only to the email they registered for the event with and flag it in their system so if they need to get scanned back in it'll already be flagged.

Even if circumvented, it's still more effective than just handing out pieces of paper with a code on it to everyone that walks in and out of a door with no method of figuring out who has one already or not.

Still the best way is making it so you can't redeem another code from certain events that give out the exact same item set in game.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 20, 2014, 08:40 PM
You really shouldn't be posting if you're just repeating what others said with a cynical voice.

I found the topic misleading so i said so.

Xaelouse
Aug 20, 2014, 09:12 PM
Well one person is having unreasonable multiples of one item by Sega's standards . It's just IRL security getting exploited instead of the game itself. The method is different, but OP still got his point across...

Miyuki_Kamiko
Aug 21, 2014, 03:34 AM
im happy about the bans i just wish they were permanent

TaigaUC
Aug 21, 2014, 10:07 AM
Some people acquired multiple Arks GP Final bonus item codes (Danbo suits and mags) by entering and exiting the event location constantly, even when it's only supposed to be one code per person.

Reminds me of that scene in Lucky Star.

I found the topic misleading so i said so.
Yeah, I popped in here because I had no idea what the hell the topic meant.

Aine
Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 AM
well if it really is 10 days like people have been saying, they'll miss out on launch day EP3 which is punishment enough i guess

Sizustar
Aug 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
im happy about the bans i just wish they were permanent

Not going to happen, as Sega is at fault too.
And those player are also likely to be the one that spent the most AC ingame too.