PDA

View Full Version : Can someone summerize the storyline please?

ShadowDragon28
Aug 20, 2014, 05:51 PM
Could someone summarize the storyline up to the most recent episode 2 events. I dig through topics and I can not seem to find just a clean overview of the general storyline...

BIG OLAF
Aug 20, 2014, 05:54 PM
Time travel and Saturday-Morning-Cartoon garbage, basically.

saraishadow
Aug 20, 2014, 05:55 PM
I would actually like this too, I've seen some parts, but I still don't really understand what's going on. *shoots Olaf*

landman
Aug 20, 2014, 06:11 PM
Apparently even undone matter board will have their videos unloked in the chronicle with the launch of Episode 3. Wait a week and watch them. Or watch them on youtube. Far easyer than someone spending their time in a summary :D

saraishadow
Aug 20, 2014, 06:14 PM
Well the problem is, that I can't read Japanese, and nor can the OP I assume, and as far as I know the story patch is buggy.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 20, 2014, 06:15 PM
It's very anime. Cliffnotes from my perspective is as follows.

Luther the Photoner (I don't know what they do, it also seems Luther is the only Photoner, and they seem to lead Arks, or be above Arks or something) makes his appearance.

He's obsessed with Xion.

Xion made the mistake of giving Luther knowledge and wisdom, as her kind thinks nothing of such things. As a result Luther became obsessed.

Events were manipulated to get Ulc (Theodore's close friend) to join Arks and get killed. (she was actually reported as dead even before being killed).

Theodore went nuts and made a vow to destroy all Darkers (to eventually destroying everything).

Luther answered Theodore's bid for power and made him into a Duman.

Xiao (Xion's brother) and Sara enlist your help to stop Luther, which involved manipulating events and gathering information.

This all leads up to invading the Oracle Mothership to rescue Xion.

I've yet to complete the final ep2 story quest.

Also there is someone posting the translated events on youtube. I just forgot their name. Check the story patch thread.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 20, 2014, 06:16 PM
Landman, for reasons I can't figure out, the tweeker repeatedly fails to patch my game client with the english patch files. Plus, I dont have the time to sit through every cinema to try to decypher the story.

Thanks HeyItsTHK. But what's the deal with "Claris Crais" so far? Like there seems like there's a council of elite arks and they are named after legendary Arks of the past, what's the deal with them? how does Matoi fit into things?

jeremycards
Aug 20, 2014, 07:04 PM
well, the story itself its nothing special, but i do like a lot how its presented, it made me really care for the characters and whatnot. Anyway, here it goes.

Episode 1:

You are a new recruit for the arks, a mercenary group who is hired to explore new habitable planets in the Oracle fleet. On your first mission, you get attacked by darkers, a rare species that is infecting every planet and is basically the declared enemy of arks. Zeno saves you in this instance.

Back on the ship you meet Xion, a pretty weird woman who gives you the matter board. For what i gattered, Xion can see all the posibilities, and basically compiled them into the matter board, so if you follow its path, some situations that have a chance of happening will be unavoidable (so basically, lets say in a normal world you have a chance to meet up with someone and have a very important talk that will influence where things goes from there. What Xion basically does, is force certain situations to happen, so you are always in the right place at the right time).

With Xion's matter board, you can basically time travel, so you go back to your first mission and see other outcomes. One in wich you saved a misterious girl named Matoi, and other where you get attacked by a misterious masked man, and saved by a very violent ark named Gettemhart.

After that, there's some story parts where you basically help other arks with their explorations of other planets. They influence the plot somehow, but nothing major.

Eventually, you start finding pieces of a very powerful weapon, and give it to Zieg, a blacksmith cast, untill you have all the pieces and Zieg is giving the final touches, at that point, the ship where he is gets attacked by darkers. After you save the ship, the weapon gets stolen (tough unfinished), and a girl named Ulc wich was a new recruit of arks that you met before she joined arks, gets killed. In this mission, you also meet Regias, who is the "best arks ever!!", basically he's the leader of the council of six, the top 6 arks in all of Oracle wich is composed by some members that mostly have set names that are inherited by their succesors. One important member of that group is Claris Claes, a little girl who has a weapon similar to the one you gave to Zieg and its very powerful.

Anyway, a guy named Theodore was a close friend to Ulc, and he gets insanely depresed after she dies. After that, you find out Gettemhart stole the weapon you made, and is using it to revive Dark Falz Elder, the dark falz are basically the leaders of the darkers, and it seems they always have a human host body. Anyway, Gettemhart is obsessed with fighting and wants to use his companion, Melphonsina, to become the host of Elder so he can fight him (yes, he is an idiot), but Elder takes over his body instead and fights you and your companions.

You hold him off for a while but you can't beat him, so Zeno suggest he and Casra (another of the council of six who was with you at the time) buy you time to escape, and you do. From this point, Zeno is never heard off again, and for all we know, he died fighting Elder. After that you fight Elder along all the other arks (in the emergency mission) and when you beat him, he retreats and we find out there's a lot more dark falz besides him. Including the misterious masked man we met in the first story mission.

Before episode 2, there's another story about a girl named Quna, who is following a chrome dragon. Its nice, but dosn't impact the plot too much, except for the fact that you befriend Quna, who is a member of an assasin group inside arks and a secret member of the council of six. There's also an extra chapter with an arks performance test, led by Huey and Claris Claes (two of the council of six). Nothing important here, you kill some mobs and if you get top score you get to fight Claris Claes or Huey. You find, however, a new dark falz, if you go with Afin, but they just talk and she goes away, she is called Apprentice.

Episode 2:

Well, here it gets a bit more complicated, tough a lot shorter. You find a guy named Luther, who's a photoner and is obsessed with Xion.

Anyway, a new planet called Vopar is discovered and you do a few quests here with Echo mostly (who's Zeno's childhood friend and is very sad about his dissapearance). Also you find out this kid Theodore is getting pretty powerfull due to his desire to kill darkers due to them killing Ulc. Eventually, Luther takes him under his mantle and promises power to him.

With the help of a girl named Sara, you end up meeting Xiao, who's apparently Xions little brother somehow. And he starts giving you the means for some seriously time travelling. Using this, you go back to the day the arks ship was attacked and actually save Ulc. More stuff goes on, and eventually you decide to also go save Zeno. Zeno is very grateful but decides to stay in hiding and train with Maria (another council of six).

Now, im not 100% clear from now on, since i still couldn't see the last mission fully translated, but basically what happens is that Matoi, the girl you saved at the beggining of the story, is strong enough to fight, so she comes with you to the mission to beat Luther, who apparently has Xion's real body trapped. Once you go to the mothership where he is, he uses his influence to make Regias give an absolute order to kill you to all the arks. This basically makes all the arks go mindless and attack you, so you and Matoi have to hold off against tons of arks, some of who are friends.

Eventually, Quna takes out the absolute order, but you still have to fight the council of Six... well, actually just the 3 heroes, who are the ones who beat dark falz elder many years ago. The other members of the council of six are on your side. You all fight, they use their legendary weapons and stuff, and you go on. You have to fight Theodore, who's now a dewman, and with the help of Ulc he comes back to his senses. After that you finally fight luther, and he ends up retreating. Again, you get to fight him as dark falz loser with all the other arks and after that, Regias ends up killing him. But then another dark falz called twins come over and make many clones of loser... so yeah we got kinda screwed.

For the last part, its fully untranslated, but for what i could gather. You get big time travelling and go back to when Matoi was the second Claris Claes (as i said, Claris Claes is like a title, the current one is the third, and it seems Matoi was the second), we also see Zeno as a child. A lot of stuff happens but we basically found out how Dark Falz Apprentice got Afin's sister body, and some other stuff with the third Claris Claes.

Sooo basically that's about it x_x i might have gotten some stuff wrong, but overall thats what i consider important, hope it helps.

yoshiblue
Aug 20, 2014, 07:20 PM
Nicely done.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 20, 2014, 08:03 PM
Landman, for reasons I can't figure out, the tweeker repeatedly fails to patch my game client with the english patch files. Plus, I dont have the time to sit through every cinema to try to decypher the story.

Thanks HeyItsTHK. But what's the deal with "Claris Crais" so far? Like there seems like there's a council of elite arks and they are named after legendary Arks of the past, what's the deal with them? how does Matoi fit into things?

I'm sure you know enough about the 3 heroes. Regius, Casra and Claris, and how after one dies another takes their place. Claris is the latest one (but it turns out Matoi is the PREVIOUS Claris). And they are 3 of the Council of Six, the other 3 members being Quna, Huey and Maria.

I don't know Matoi's full backstory cause I haven't done the following matterboard which has a bunch of backstory stuffs.

Also Jeremy's post is good too.

jeremycards
Aug 20, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'm sure you know enough about the 3 heroes. Regius, Casra and Claris, and how after one dies another takes their place. Claris is the latest one (but it turns out Matoi is the PREVIOUS Claris). And they are 3 of the Council of Six, the other 3 members being Quna, Huey and Maria.

I don't know Matoi's full backstory cause I haven't done the following matterboard which has a bunch of backstory stuffs.

Also Jeremy's post is good too.

You missed Zeno as the fourth one =P fun thing is the council of six are actually 7

0: Quna
1: Regius
2: Maria
3: Casra
4: Zeno (previous to Matter Board 16 it was an empty seat)
5: Claris Claes
6: Huey

Also, it seems there's a distinction between even and odd numbers, since the odd numbers are the 3 heroes, while the even ones are "the rest", wich also seems like they are the more "free" of the group.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 20, 2014, 10:10 PM
A million thanks jeremycards, ok i've got it all. man, is their a manga version? I would be surprised if their isn't.

Daiyousei
Aug 20, 2014, 10:17 PM
also shouldn't this thread have a spoiler warning? But that probably wouldn't matter with the onset of episode 3

jeremycards
Aug 20, 2014, 10:26 PM
No prob, i think there are light novels but don't take my word for it. And yeah i guess there should... but its like absolutely obvious there's going to be spoilers xD