PDA

View Full Version : About Ely Sion (Sword)

Meteor Weapon
Aug 21, 2014, 10:04 AM
Been wondering why everyone think Ely Sion is a useless 12* weapon, despite its Potential "Obstinate Spirit" which gives you some percent (13-17% i think) of chance of survival, add max potential Ely Sion with Iron Will which at max is 75% that would be 92%, add the "Never Give Up" skill and you'd be invincible with added S-Atk at a period of time.

I know Iron Will and "Never Give Up" didn't really worth much back then due to crappy skill tree and everyone focusing on the left side of tree(Fury Stance and stuff), but with EP3 coming and the tree getting fixed up, I think its worth it.

DJcooltrainer
Aug 21, 2014, 10:13 AM
Because a good player shouldn't need those abilities to survive, anyway. You'll bring more to the party if you can put up some good damage and still stay alive. You can overcome pretty much any attacks in this game with some kind of dodging or countering.

It is a cool ability, but it's a waste if you're a skilled player.

Lyrise
Aug 21, 2014, 10:18 AM
In addition to the fact that you shouldn't need those abilities to perform well, here's a page with a damage potential comparison for swords (and any other weapon should you wish to check those out)

http://gesobuta.butanishinju.com/weapons/sword.html

The graph covers different states of the weapon, using numerical notation (grind/element/potential), so 10503 refers to +10 grind +50 element and level 3 potential. And if there appears to be a weapon with a funny name (Muscat Bar, Azuki Bar) it's just the nickname Japanese players gave to it.

Muscat Bar: Veldelinger
Azuki Bar: Rossolinger

Ely Sion would be the highest damage unconditionally - but nobody would want to stop there. Factoring potentials, its not as hot, especially given how much harder it is to get the Ely Sion to a 10500 state. (since potential does nothing to its damage). Unsurprsingly, Biogrion would be top of the list in terms of most conventional and consistent damage.

Sayara
Aug 21, 2014, 10:24 AM
I don't think the %s stack
So it'd be 75% and 17% chances (right?)

jcart953
Aug 21, 2014, 10:35 AM
^ if that didn't stack that weapon would indeed be useless.

horseship
Aug 21, 2014, 10:39 AM
I don't believe Iron Will and Ely Sion's potential stack like the OP says. It would be ridiculous if it did. It's likely that the chances are multiplied so you have a 79.75% chance to survive a lethal hit, making Obstinate Spirit do almost nothing if you already have Iron Will.

I've used Iron Will extensively in the past, but I do not believe it's a worthwhile skill anymore after switching to Automate Halfline. Automate Halfline is just so much better because it does not rely on chance, and it essentially completely removes the need to manually use mates unless you're in that awkward 51-60% hp range where you might get OHKO'd. Iron Will might save you from OHKO situations, but anything that can OHKO you from full should be easy enough to avoid. Right now I skip Fury Up 2 for Automate, but I won't have to anymore come Episode 3. I suspect that Automate will become the standard for HU subs, although War Brave might be gotten instead for HU mains.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 21, 2014, 10:40 AM
Been wondering why everyone think Ely Sion is a useless 12* weapon, despite its Potential "Obstinate Spirit" which gives you some percent (13-17% i think) of chance of survival, add max potential Ely Sion with Iron Will which at max is 75% that would be 92%, add the "Never Give Up" skill and you'd be invincible with added S-Atk at a period of time.

I know Iron Will and "Never Give Up" didn't really worth much back then due to crappy skill tree and everyone focusing on the left side of tree(Fury Stance and stuff), but with EP3 coming and the tree getting fixed up, I think its worth it.

Long story short, you shouldn't need that potential to stay alive and there are 11* swords that are far easier to get, and upgrade to 50 element that are capable of more damage, even before you element grind them.

*very annoyed braver who's first, and only 12* was ely sion*

TERAGON1996
Aug 21, 2014, 11:18 AM
Lyrise, I see colored bars but what do they represent?

Lyrise
Aug 21, 2014, 11:31 AM
Lyrise, I see colored bars but what do they represent?

Each color represents a weapon upgrade state, in Japanese notation. Blue is 1030 (grind: 10, element 30), Orange is 1050 (grind 10, element 50), Grey is 10303 (grind 10, element 30, potential level 3) and yellow is 10503 (grind 10, element 50, potential 3).

In the Case of Ely Sion, you only see it as a 1050, because it's potential does nothing for damage. (though you could call it a 10503 if you really wanted to)

TERAGON1996
Aug 21, 2014, 12:21 PM
And what about the numbers on the X-axis? It can't be Attack provided right?

GALEFORCE
Aug 21, 2014, 01:01 PM
Most 12*s desperately need a buff. It's unforgivable that they don't drop with 50 element to begin with. If I were in charge, I'd bring up the chance to survive to 50% or so (assuming the odds are successive), and give it a built-in Never Give Up bonus.

I mean, if 11* Niren Kamui can have a better PP-Slayer, why does a 12* sword have a much worse Iron Will?

Drifting Fable
Aug 21, 2014, 02:07 PM
I personally would have rathered Ely Sion to rock an Overend Boosting potential. I mean it is supposed to be a sword with the power to cleave planets and all . . . oxo

IndigoNovember
Aug 21, 2014, 02:17 PM
I think we all agree that Yasminkov 7000-R should have had a Zero Range potential and not a Standing Snipe potential as well. I mean, it's a shotgun, not a sniper rifle ( ´_ゝ`) .

ZER0 DX
Aug 21, 2014, 02:47 PM
Hey if nobody wants one, just means I can get one cheaper if 12* passes become a thing. Been wanting that sword since it came out just because it's the freaking Ely Sion. Eternal Dimension and Elsydeon aren't a thing yet, so it's the next best thing.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 21, 2014, 07:32 PM
I personally would have rathered Ely Sion to rock an Overend Boosting potential. I mean it is supposed to be a sword with the power to cleave planets and all . . . oxostill wondering why Daisy Chain doesn't Boost Over End as well. the sword is made of photons, why doesn't it boosts Over End when the blade is made up of photons?

Shinamori
Aug 21, 2014, 07:37 PM
I think that hunters was made to be tank players. Or at the very least, Ely Sion's potential is.

Drifting Fable
Aug 21, 2014, 10:50 PM
still wondering why Daisy Chain doesn't Boost Over End as well. the sword is made of photons, why doesn't it boosts Over End when the blade is made up of photons?

Eeey, as a Daisy Chain wielder myself, I'm liking that logic there. ouo

But perhaps there's hope for the future Flowen Sword using an over end pot or something. I know I'm loving Sacred Duster's Flash Thousand potential, but that's neither here or there.

LordKaiser
Aug 21, 2014, 10:52 PM
I have the Weddle Aid ウェドルエイド and it should do more damage than Ely Sion since it's Enraged Stance potential should stack with Fury Stance. It should at least do more damage than Dalz Soleid even with 11 less of S-Attack. Anyway you can use Ely Sion with Fighter so it's not entirely useless.

I never got a chance to use this sword... yet.

GALEFORCE
Aug 21, 2014, 11:33 PM
I have the Weddle Aid ウェドルエイド and it should do more damage than Ely Sion since it's Enraged Stance potential should stack with Fury Stance. It should at least do more damage than Dalz Soleid even with 11 less of S-Attack. Anyway you can use Ely Sion with Fighter so it's not entirely useless.

I never got a chance to use this sword... yet.

Sword is barely worth using on fighter atm because fury gear boost is main class only. I hope its gear management is tweaked come ep3.

LordKaiser
Aug 22, 2014, 03:53 PM
Sword is barely worth using on fighter atm because fury gear boost is main class only. I hope its gear management is tweaked come ep3.Well at least it serves as a good blocking stick.

Stickboy
Aug 22, 2014, 06:03 PM
Well at least it serves as a good blocking stick.

twin dagger does better though

Meji
Aug 23, 2014, 01:31 AM
Sword is barely worth using on fighter atm because fury gear boost is main class only. I hope its gear management is tweaked come ep3.I find the sword potentially useful if you wanna take out lines of enemies quickly with Sonic Arrow though. There isn't really any Fighter PA with that range and speed. Very useful for XQs.
(Then again, a 50% Bio Sword would be better)