PDA

View Full Version : Returning player trying to log on

Sayomi_tsukiko
Aug 22, 2014, 07:00 AM
Returning player here, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I am aware there was a DDoS issue a few months ago and there is something resembling a Regional IP Block (though not quite that?) and is preventing alot of people from playing.....

Looking around I found some methods to work, they did to a certain extent... First off was pso2 not opening at all, giving a white box, fixed by downloading and using the pso2 tweaker... then was the servers being stuck on maintenance or "Unknown" fixed by using the pso2proxy server..... however then I ran into the issue I'm currently facing.

I get "disconnected from server" message upon trying to log in.... I've looked up the issue and people seem to get by it by using the proxy server or a VPN, which I am currently using. I tested it (went to google and Japanese Google came up) so I'm sure its working, I though maybe the particular server might be messed up so I tried another with no success. Someone said they spammed log in and eventually got in, tried that with no luck either.

People say its the ISPs fault (Time Warner and Comcast I think), however it seems they can still play using the VPNs, which doesn't seem to be working. I have Charter internet (Which I'm not sure goes through those two) if that helps. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

-I have not tried the Pingzapper method as people said that stopped working.

(I really want to use jet boots.)

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 22, 2014, 08:08 AM
SoftEther VPN wasn't working for me for a bit, but it is now. I use that to get to the PSO2 website.

As for playing the actual game, I use PSO2Proxy. Better than using VPN, but still risky because if one person screws up on that server, potentially everyone using the proxy could be banned. ^^;

If that happens, well, there's a reason I have 3 SEGA IDs.

Here's AIDA's Guide to setting up SoftEther: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219610

As for setting up PSO2Proxy, in the PSO2 Tweaker, click on the orb, then Other Tasks, then Configure PSO2Proxy Server Settings.

Then go here: http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/

You'll get a url to copy into tweaker. Copy it, paste it in the box that popped up on tweaker, then click ok and you're done.

Sayomi_tsukiko
Aug 22, 2014, 05:46 PM
I've already tried those options and no luck, still get the "disconnected from server" message after I type my log in info :/

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 22, 2014, 06:06 PM
I've already tried those options and no luck, still get the "disconnected from server" message after I type my log in info :/

I'm honestly surprised that PSO2Proxy didn't work. Have you tried SSH tunneling using Amazon Web Services (AWS)?

Helvetica Standard
Aug 22, 2014, 06:10 PM
This is going to sound dumb but you might want to try it out anyway...

* Reboot your modem (go to your browser and type your router's model to enter a configurations page, search fro the reboot option and do so. If you can't find this then simply unplug your router for 20 minutes then plug it back in.

*Clear your DNS cache.

*Disable your firewall or add an exception for PSO2.exe

If after these PSO2 still refuses to work try pingzapper. It works, but just for 1 hour tops. Unless you purchase.

If pingzapper doesn't work then move on. :(

Sizustar
Aug 22, 2014, 06:23 PM
Run a tracert to PSO2 without and with the proxy/tunnel method

Sayomi_tsukiko
Aug 22, 2014, 09:08 PM
I'm honestly surprised that PSO2Proxy didn't work. Have you tried SSH tunneling using Amazon Web Services (AWS)?

I have not tried that yet, me and 2 other friends all couldn't get through with the proxy server though, I though maybe it was just messing up but everyone else seems to be using it fine