PDA

View Full Version : PSO lore questions

Deidaku
Aug 25, 2014, 08:56 AM
In PSO2 is there any mention of things from PSO ep 1 &2? ( gamecube version) other than easter eggs

Stuff like Ragol , Pioneer 1&2 , the underwater research facility , De rol Le , the other bosses , the Hunter teams ( before we became ARKS) , Boomas .

I saw some returning weapons , the Red weaps , H2&5s Justice , the Legacy launchers

+ I haven't played PSU , PSO ep 3 CARD revolution or any of the PS between

HeyItsTHK
Aug 25, 2014, 08:59 AM
Just easter eggs/throwbacks/shoutouts

Kondibon
Aug 25, 2014, 09:05 AM
Short answer: Probably not.

Long answer:
As far as I know the original PSO, PSU, and PSO2 settings are separate. I remember reading that they're all technically in the same setting but the time differences are so large that it doesn't matter, but I don't remember the source for that and I'm not inclined to believe it's true or relevant to what you're asking.

Legacy weapons have been in the PSU series as well, so that's not at all unsual. I THINK there might have been some quests related to Rico in one of the PSP games, but I haven't played them enough to know how exactly the games are related.

Shadowth117
Aug 25, 2014, 09:14 AM
And no, no direct references in this game. If you played Blue Burst, you'll recognize the De Rol Le like boss in this game to be designed after its final boss and you'll see bosses/areas that pay homage to PSO1 (Forest area is very much meant to be like an HD version of the original area for the most part for example)

For the most part though, you're really only going to be able to expect to see cameo items and such.

Legacy weapons have been in the PSU series as well, so that's not at all unsual. I THINK there might have been some quests related to Rico in one of the PSP games, but I haven't played them enough to know how exactly the games are related.

Rico was a minor character in PSP2I that you met while going through a VR version of the events of PSO EP1. Cool, but they really only connected the games with an interdimensional something or other. Fighting Olga Flow was pretty cool though.

landman
Aug 25, 2014, 09:25 AM
And if we take it as canon, according to PSU/PSP2i, what happened in Ragol... never happened! And you know what? in pso2 story mode... we are constantly changing the past.

Deidaku
Aug 25, 2014, 09:31 AM
This is some wibbly wobbley timey wimey stuff right there xD

Kondibon
Aug 25, 2014, 09:37 AM
Rico was a minor character in PSP2I that you met while going through a VR version of the events of PSO EP1. Cool, but they really only connected the games with an interdimensional something or other. Fighting Olga Flow was pretty cool though.Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I wouldn't mind getting stuff like that in PSO2 though.

Laxedrane
Aug 25, 2014, 09:54 AM
I believe during the... Maximum attack event for psu they get a disc with information from ragol. You had to do the Mag event programmed into the information in order to unlock the data for the researchers to use. Something like that, correct me if I am wrong, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's more then just a nod to the past. Just don't expect anything to be connected in any shape or form.

(Although because of that event for awhile there I thought the seed planet was Ragol.)

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2014, 10:22 AM
Basically no, they're not connected. It was stated early on that they were in the same universe, but they may have misspoken or even retconned that since then, and even if it's still canonically true there haven't been any links or references established beyond the typical weapon reappearances.

For all intents and purposes it doesn't matter whether it's in the same universe or not, since even if it is they're not making the distant past relevant to the story - only the recent past. What happened 300-some years ago (or however long) doesn't matter in the current game.

edit: PSU was initially launched with the premise of being the start of an entirely new and separate universe, however that may have been retconned through hints that it was actually in the same universe in the distant past or future (most fan theories I've read say future).

Punisher106
Aug 25, 2014, 10:32 AM
Rico was a minor character in PSP2I that you met while going through a VR version of the events of PSO EP1. Cool, but they really only connected the games with an interdimensional something or other. Fighting Olga Flow was pretty cool though.

That was actually subspace travel that you did, to before the events of PSO1. You were literally supposed to be in Ragol, there. I've heard that PSZ, PSO1, and PSO2 all take place in the same dimension, although PSO2 is far from Ragol/Coral.

landman
Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM
The Arks fleet can travel between galaxies... according to the opening, so I bet they have expanded way beyond Ragol.

An in infinity you basically:
[spoiler-box]
Meet Rico and help her find Flowen, defeat Olga Flow but save Flowen, and months later they and the Hunters have completely defeated Dark Falz from Ragol. And you get a new Mater Board :wacko:

Also, the Pioneer 1 lab engineers helped repair Emilia's subspace machine, they may have copied the technology to travel with it.
[/spoiler-box]

King_Rappy
Aug 25, 2014, 10:55 PM
The only games that take place in the same universe are PSZ and PSO. PSP2i's cameo is just a bonus fanservice quest. PSO2 (at least so far) is its own deal.

Daiyousei
Aug 25, 2014, 11:51 PM
and Matoi's Claris Claes outfit is a call back to Rico's outfit, as well as her almost getting herself possessed at the end of Episode 2 but she gets better unlike Rico.