PDA

View Full Version : Proxy through college dorm internet?

Sinjuda
Aug 25, 2014, 07:42 PM
I have a friend who is interested in joining PSO2 but she lives on campus. Would doing the proxy stuff do her any harm on campus?

Randomness
Aug 25, 2014, 08:18 PM
She should ask the IT department, really. It would depend heavily on their policies. I mean, it's technically a ToS violation, but not one SEGA has ever shown any interest in... and that's as bad as it gets, honestly.

Proxying and all though is just normal internet technology, albeit one that has been put to lots of shady uses.

pkemr4
Aug 25, 2014, 08:25 PM
dont most collages forbid the use of Proxys...?

Jungo Torii
Aug 25, 2014, 09:01 PM
Unless the college actually enforces any specific policy on the use of proxies there's no harm to be done.

So most likely not.

TauAkiou
Aug 25, 2014, 09:28 PM
You should have her try running traceroutes to the website and ships first, to confirm if her college can connect. If they do, that skips a particularly annoying and risky process.

I know for a fact that the only place I can reliably connect to the game at the moment is my college, which goes through Hurricane Electric.

At least try that first before going through with a proxy, since I would believe it depends largely on her campus's IT department.

pkemr4
Aug 25, 2014, 09:29 PM
cant you make your own hurricane electric tunnels for free?

GoldGenII
Aug 25, 2014, 09:54 PM
I'm at a College dorm using one. Guess it depends on your area/policies on it.

Sinjuda
Aug 25, 2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all the info guys