PDA

View Full Version : So how many are hyped for Dual Blades?

Lostbob117
Aug 26, 2014, 11:02 AM
Just curious, I see all the hype for Jet Boots, but honestly I really want to use Dual Blades way more.

Edson Drake
Aug 26, 2014, 11:05 AM
I think Dual Blades will be cool, but it's more of the same, as they were in PSO(and other games probably), so it was kind of a given, but a welcome given. Jet Boots on the other hand is new, so it's no surprise people are crazy to try them.

IndigoNovember
Aug 26, 2014, 11:07 AM
I like potatoes. Baked potatoes as well as stirfried red potatoes with meat.

Lostbob117
Aug 26, 2014, 11:07 AM
I forgot "how" in the Title. oops.

EDIT: OH I can fix it.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 26, 2014, 11:11 AM
Hype is a dangerous word.

Interested, yes.

The Walrus
Aug 26, 2014, 11:13 AM
I am hype for flying headbutts

Arksenth
Aug 26, 2014, 11:15 AM
Can I kick things in the teeth with Dual Blades?

No?

Pass.

Scotty T
Aug 26, 2014, 11:16 AM
Boil em mash em stick em in a stew.

GHNeko
Aug 26, 2014, 11:17 AM

No?

Pass.

This.

5char

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
I'm actually pretty interested in them. The mechanics of the the photon blades interests me. The way they're described seems to imply that they'll stick to enemies and by hitting the hitbox they're on you recover more PP. If this works for other players as well I foresee some interesting things coming from it, and it would explain what photon blade fever does.

The only reason I'm more interested in the boots at the moment is because we've seen more interesting stuff with them than we have with dual blades, and I've been wanting a decent melee/tech hybrid for a while.

SilenWhisper
Aug 26, 2014, 11:24 AM
Oh look,another striking weapon.As if the game hadn't enough already.

DoubleZero
Aug 26, 2014, 11:25 AM
What was the PSU PA that was two swings up, two swings down, then a lightspeed dash forward that catapulted enemies into the air? That was a fun PA, at least the last part.

I don't have anyone slated to be the Bouncer, but all I know is we can finally drown in 'Cathedral Suit Shadow' KIRITO clones everywhere, until an actual SAO collab comes out.

I also like potatoes.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 26, 2014, 11:27 AM
I'unno. I don't care about the boots, at all. I really want to try Duel blades on Melphina, though. But hyped? Nah. Only thing I'm hyped for is the balance changes.

Xaelouse
Aug 26, 2014, 11:29 AM
Most people just want to see something broken/OP on them before getting interested

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2014, 11:31 AM
I've been using dual blades since daggers came out. This seems like more of the same to me.
Am I allowed to answer if I don't play?

Hexxy
Aug 26, 2014, 11:33 AM
I'm hyped because of hope that they will bring Musashi in from pso1, my personal favorite. Don't care much about kicking things in the face because real men use their fists, and we can already do that.

Sanguine2009
Aug 26, 2014, 11:33 AM
im more interested in boots, only care about the twin sabers for their blade funnels.

Cyber Meteor
Aug 26, 2014, 11:39 AM
I hope they will be good (and they really seem based on the videos), I'm not interested about Jet Boots but those Dual Blades are really intriguing me.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 26, 2014, 11:41 AM

No?

Pass.

This x2.

Skyly
Aug 26, 2014, 12:03 PM
Will the twin sabers be usable on any other class other than Bouncer without crafting them to all class?

ZER0 DX
Aug 26, 2014, 12:07 PM
I'm probably going to be disregarding jet boots for the most part actually, I'm really only interested in using Dual Blades since those were my weapon of choice in PSU, and since I'm most likely subbing Fighter with it, jet boots probably won't be the most effective method of attack anyway.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 26, 2014, 12:08 PM
I choice potato because....well why not?

Back to topic im more interested with boots (kicking stuff yay) but whether itll be good damage we'll see.

I do like the concept of photon blades though

Vintasticvin
Aug 26, 2014, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty excited about dual sabers myself but wanna know whos the most hyped about twin sabers the most? Thr legion of reject kirito clones

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 12:09 PM
Will the twin sabers be usable on any other class other than Bouncer without crafting them to all class?I'm sure there'll be multiclass ones (the bio ones come to mind), but if you asking if it's gonna be NORMAL, then no, probably not, why would that thought even cross your mind?

TehblackUchiha
Aug 26, 2014, 12:11 PM
I hope blade destruction is back that was a dope PA. With photon blades existing it seems extremely possible.

TheAstarion
Aug 26, 2014, 12:16 PM
Anyone who knows me knows I will always vote potato, but I'm 110% hyped for the triumphant return of twin sabers. And we can have zondeel on top of that without sacrificing subclass stances. Bouncer is the perfect class for me and my main, and it's going to let me play my main as my main, rather than a deadweight gimmick character who loses in every aspect of functionality to my RAHUcaseal alt.

The PAs are flashy, the weapons are mostly nice looking (the biosabers look almost daedric, it's great) and they have a PP niche. What's not to love? Give us all-class ones with a lot of tech and you can even discard boots altogether as far as I'm concerned!

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 12:22 PM
I love both weapons, but I prefer Jetboots since It's really "new" and It looks very funny to play. :D

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 26, 2014, 12:25 PM
#SpinningBirdKick

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 12:28 PM
TotalBiscuit just put up a video on the negative effects of hype. While I don't care to watch it, it did remind me, to remind everyone else to curb their enthusiasm.

Cypher_9
Aug 26, 2014, 12:29 PM

You say that like its a bad thing... o 3o

Tell me what other weapon would/ can they add for the other classes?

Shoguns = thats already incorperated into the rifle
Laser Cannon = thats already (...)
Launch...... ALREADY HAVE THAT :D
The Golden Gun = Copyright Infringement

Whips? = I think I read somewhere that they couldn't integrate whips for some odd reason of it grappling or whatnot. Thus Wired Lance!
Shroud = I dunno I just made that up

Anyway the whole idea of this is to say that there isn't really much to give to the other two (Ranged and Casting) classes aside from having a tank/ airship for Rangers and Celestial Armagedon for Forces - their weapon varitles are limited and PAs condensed into weapon varities to assimulate other weapon types (Ranger)...

Melee just has a bit more flexiblity when it comes to 'styles' since it is not as direct as Ranged and Casting.

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 12:30 PM
Laser Cannon = thats already (...)
Launch...... ALREADY HAVE THAT :D
The Golden Gun = Copyright Infringement

Whips? = I think I read somewhere that they couldn't integrate whips for some odd reason of it grappling or whatnot. Thus Wired Lance!
Shroud = I dunno I just made that up
staaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Nitro Vordex
Aug 26, 2014, 12:40 PM

No?

Pass.
This x3.

I don't your guys' non-hype attitude. Hype is good in controller amounts. BUT GETTIN' HYPE IS SO MUCH GODDAMN FUN

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 12:41 PM
This x3.

I don't your guys' non-hype attitude. Hype is good in controller amounts. BUT GETTIN' HYPE IS SO MUCH GODDAMN FUNAnd then things turn out to not be as good as you expected and you whine about being let down.

Save your excitement for when you play the class and see if you like it. Trust me.

EDIT: I mean, fine, get excited all you want, just don't forget to be reasonably skeptical as well.

Xaelouse
Aug 26, 2014, 12:42 PM
Is it bad that I'm more interested in BO's support capabilities than its actual weapons?

Skyly
Aug 26, 2014, 12:43 PM
I'm sure there'll be multiclass ones (the bio ones come to mind), but if you asking if it's gonna be NORMAL, then no, probably not, why would that thought even cross your mind?

Maybe because they're a striking weapon?? I don't see why fighter or hunter wouldn't be able to use them. I don't really care for bouncer, it looks dumb but the twin sabers/dual blades look pretty cool.

IndigoNovember
Aug 26, 2014, 12:43 PM

Hot damn, I didn't know that my assault rifle could rule parts of Japan!

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 12:46 PM
Maybe because they're a striking weapon?? I don't see why fighter or hunter wouldn't be able to use them. The same reason hunter and fighter can't use each other's weapons maybe...? They can't use katanas either for that matter. Gunslashes are the only universally all class weapons and talis/rifles only go with techer and gunner because they only got one new weapon anyway.

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2014, 12:47 PM
Ehn...

I'll prolly be using them if jetboots suck and I somehow don't quit because jetboots suck.

Nah that 4th accessory slot should hold me fine for a couple days if that happens.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 26, 2014, 12:54 PM
And then things turn out to not be as good as you expected and you whine about being let down.

Save your excitement for when you play the class and see if you like it. Trust me.

EDIT: I mean, fine, get excited all you want, just don't forget to be reasonably skeptical as well.
Getting hype and having expectations are two different things. I just know I want to kick things in the face. Can I do that? Obviously. SO I'M HYPE.

Skyly
Aug 26, 2014, 12:56 PM
The same reason hunter and fighter can't use each other's weapons maybe...? They can't use katanas either for that matter. Gunslashes are the only universally all class weapons and talis/rifles only go with techer and gunner because they only got one new weapon anyway.

Correction, talis is usable by force and techer. THATS WHY I ASKED IF DUAL BLADES WOULD BE USEABLE BY ANOTHER MELEE CLASS! Smart guy -__-

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 01:06 PM
Correction, talis is usable by force and techer. THATS WHY I ASKED IF DUAL BLADES WOULD BE USEABLE BY ANOTHER MELEE CLASS! Smart guy -__-I think you misunderstood what I said. I was saying that the only reason Techers and Gunners can use talis and rifles is because they only got one weapon otherwise (not counting gunslash). There's also the fact that those weapons were out before Techer and Gunner came out anyway, there's absolutely no precedent for them retroactively adding a weapon to a class.

Getting hype and having expectations are two different things. I just know I want to kick things in the face. Can I do that? Obviously. SO I'M HYPE.Fair enough.

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2014, 01:08 PM
@Skyly
It won't, just like Katana and Bullet Bow are exclusive weapons to Braver.

Also, Kondibon mentioned talis for Techer and assault rifle for Gunner as those two are already usable by Force and Ranger respectively.

Chacron
Aug 26, 2014, 01:09 PM
Rifles are also both gunner and rangers, but they can't use many of the braver's bows by themselves.

I think techers and gunners got talis' and rifles due to them only coming out with one weapon type when they were introduced and this was an easy way to work around them having a small weapon selection.

Drifting Fable
Aug 26, 2014, 01:18 PM
Inb4 errybody and their mum goes hunting for Sange&Yasha.

. . . Then discovering that it drops from Falz Angel.

My condolences. oxo

HeyItsTHK
Aug 26, 2014, 01:23 PM

My condolences. oxo

Angel and Loser have been far kinder to me than Hunar and Elder ever has and ever will >:(

The_Brimada
Aug 26, 2014, 02:04 PM
I'm only hype for finding dual blades and overpricing them in shop to make a quick buck. Also Potato.

Lostbob117
Aug 26, 2014, 02:16 PM
I think potato is the winner.

Dan Maku
Aug 26, 2014, 02:21 PM
Dual Blades will likely be my BO bread-and-butter while I scumbag-level my FO to make Jet Boots more viable.

Sacrificial
Aug 26, 2014, 02:25 PM
Man you should know by now that poll options with something weird in it like potato always get the highest <.<

Kikikiki
Aug 26, 2014, 02:30 PM
Correction, talis is usable by force and techer. THATS WHY I ASKED IF DUAL BLADES WOULD BE USEABLE BY ANOTHER MELEE CLASS! Smart guy -__-

'Logic guy -___-'

is what I wanted to write but no this is because they're advanced classes.

GHNeko
Aug 26, 2014, 02:32 PM
Getting hype and having expectations are two different things. I just know I want to kick things in the face. Can I do that? Obviously. SO I'M HYPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Lostbob117
Aug 26, 2014, 02:36 PM
'Logic guy -___-'

is what I wanted to write but no this is because they're advanced classes.

There is no Advanced Classes.

Nikoshae
Aug 26, 2014, 04:03 PM
Potato.

I'm honestly very interested in jet boots. I've been told by a lot of friends here how they'd really suit me well, because of my character design, and my typical playstyle. Or perhaps how cute my character'd look performing the moves or something lol

I'm intrigued by the dual blades, but I don't know if I'll wind up using them very much to be honest. I enjoy the bow side of Braver, but not so much the katana side.

Personal preference and all.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 26, 2014, 04:07 PM
Dual Blades look pretty awesome too. They're kinda like spell-blades, what with all the PAs involving slinging photon spikes at the enemy. And if BO can naturally use techs, then I could finally play Maz like a HUnewearl... again.

Achelousaurus
Aug 26, 2014, 04:15 PM

No?

Pass.
Yea.
I got Twin Daggers, I don't care much about Twin Sabers.
Rather give me something interesting like Slicers.
I shall count the minutes until we get a class that can use Slicers.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, bring back the Shot please. Launchers are the same as before, well without the piercing by default.
Long straight range and a small aeo.

Shots have shotgun aeo (as well as quite long range) and I'd really like a - ah f***, scrap that.
As cool as it would be, SEGA would definitely screw it up and give you too high damage so that ranged could now kill half the map before melee comes within 10 miles of an enemy.

Maybe because they're a striking weapon?? I don't see why fighter or hunter wouldn't be able to use them. I don't really care for bouncer, it looks dumb but the twin sabers/dual blades look pretty cool.
Fighter and Hunter cannot use Katanas either.

BTW, Jet Boots are gonna have purely T-Atk based damage right?
Cause then I want Techer usable Boots and go Techer (for the main class only buff boosts) with epic Jet Boot damage (I assume it will be like Braver and Bouncer T-Atk will be a bit behind Force and Techer).

Metalsnake27
Aug 26, 2014, 04:18 PM
Idk, I was never a huge fan of force/techer to begin with, but this class seems interesting.

Dual Blades seems cool, I will try out the class for sure.

KuroKanden
Aug 26, 2014, 04:29 PM
As much as I'd like to aboard the whole BOhypetrain ...their current skill tree just seems to be rather ..lackluster. There just doesn't seem to be much traits that would synergize well with BO/HU TS (which I intend to play as) ; the stances are just plain awful.

I'll try out BO nonetheless, more so interested in the upcoming revamps.

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 04:46 PM
Just remembered the real reason I'm interested in dual blades.
http://media.tumblr.com/ac960fd5e18e92b64631f5c1b25966a1/tumblr_inline_mwoniyCXrr1qffn84.gif

Boney010
Aug 26, 2014, 04:49 PM
ITT: Scrubs that don't wanna git gud.

Everyone knows twin sabers are going to be OP with the inevitable return of the oh so broken Blade Destruction, then heal off damage with Sange&Yasha and it's godly healing potential.

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 04:51 PM
ITT: Scrubs that don't wanna git gud....Who are you talking about?

Boney010
Aug 26, 2014, 04:57 PM
I thought the context was clear enough, but to help you out;

Boot users.

BIG OLAF
Aug 26, 2014, 04:58 PM
Jet Boots looks a bit complicated on paper with the whole 'lead ___ attack into ____ buff charge" or whatever (it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense on how the mechanic works) but I guess we'll see how it actually happens soon enough.

Zyrusticae
Aug 26, 2014, 04:59 PM
Fuck dual blades. WHERE ARE MY AXES?!

ReverseSeraf
Aug 26, 2014, 05:01 PM

In your imagination.

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 05:02 PM
I thought the context was clear enough, but to help you out;

Boot users.K
http://i.imgur.com/uWL8ZrN.gif

starwind75043
Aug 26, 2014, 06:43 PM
Hyped enough that i am going have 2 trees for bouncer dual blade and jet boots

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 26, 2014, 07:09 PM
Hyped enough for those photon blades. Don't get me wrong, Jet Boots are cool, with those PAs that also have that autocast stuff and branch attacks (I was like WTH are branch attacks when I first saw it), but I finally get my twin sabers back. hnnng...

Xaeris
Aug 26, 2014, 07:20 PM
Dual blades? Meh. Magic high kicking roller skates? My body is full of want.

GHNeko
Aug 26, 2014, 07:21 PM

Everyone knows twin sabers are going to be OP with the inevitable return of the oh so broken Blade Destruction, then heal off damage with Sange&Yasha and it's godly healing potential.

inb4thisneverhappensand#JetSetRadiorulestheworld

The Walrus
Aug 26, 2014, 07:23 PM
inb4bothbootsandbladesareawfulandpeoplebitchforwee ks

Punisher106
Aug 26, 2014, 09:14 PM

My condolences. oxo

Three of the planets would explode if that was the case.

If I could get one weapon for free, and only one weapon, it would be the S&Y.

Kikikiki
Aug 26, 2014, 09:22 PM
There is no Advanced Classes.

Damn I can't retaliate to this because EP3 is already in.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 26, 2014, 09:23 PM
I'm more hyped to make fun of all the Kiritos

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 09:25 PM
I'm more hyped to make fun of all the Kiritos
There are literally a bunch of kiritos running around in Mabi right now. I've built up an immunity.

Besides, they already exist as someone had pointed out before.

Drifting Fable
Aug 26, 2014, 09:29 PM
A Team of Kiritos MPAing. Make it happen, PSO2. oxo b

Dan Maku
Aug 26, 2014, 09:35 PM

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/Whelt/Macros/noyoufabricrobotnik.png

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 26, 2014, 09:35 PM
Clearly.
Add an "again" to the end of my previous post. We'll see much more with actual Dual Swords, or rather, those who were already Kirito will now cast away their shame and become true Kirito.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/Jakomay/pso20130127_015612_005-1.jpg

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 09:40 PM
Someone cosplay GGO kirito. I: That'll throw them for a loop.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 26, 2014, 09:41 PM
I...
[Spoiler-box] http://justaddsomesugartothatmocha.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/kirito-sword-art-online-31698905-1280-720.jpg[/spoiler-box]

HeyItsTHK
Aug 26, 2014, 09:42 PM
There are literally a bunch of kiritos running around in Mabi right now. I've built up an immunity.

Besides, they already exist as someone had pointed out before.

Seen at least 8 different ones on Ship 6 myself. One is even in a TEAM named Kirito.

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 09:53 PM
Seen at least 8 different ones on Ship 6 myself. One is even in a TEAM named Kirito.No you don't understand. They're literally kirito.

http://i.imgur.com/GSJI73u.jpg?1

Vintasticvin
Aug 26, 2014, 09:55 PM

Jajajabrrrrogaaaaa!!!!!

=[ Mabinogi is now overunned with kiritos.... The world of Eirinn was not prepared

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 26, 2014, 10:40 PM
Someone cosplay GGO kirito. I: That'll throw them for a loop.

SHUSH! You're gonna give away the secret of my upcoming character... ^^;

Achelousaurus
Aug 27, 2014, 11:58 AM

More like, people that skipped PSU.
Also, poor attempt at trolling, go back and try again. No wait, just go home to your pile of rubbish under the bridge.

LMAO!

Seen at least 8 different ones on Ship 6 myself. One is even in a TEAM named Kirito.
Can you only join if your character name is Kirito?

BTW whatever happened to the Haseo hype?

Vintasticvin
Aug 27, 2014, 12:23 PM
Haseo got replaced by Kirito huehuehue