PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner Cable - PSO2 inaccessible

BahnKnakyu
Aug 27, 2014, 03:06 AM
Seems like people on Time Warner Cable are unable to access PSO2 and its site again.

I THINK this MIGHT be related in some way to some sort of West Coast-related route hiccup. At about 9:30 PM HST (12:30 AM PST, 3:30 AM EST), there seemed to have been some sort of issue that actually took down Internet access for ALL of us. As in, we were unable to access the Internet at all, not just PSO2.

Do any of you have some decent routers with logging capabilities that can pinpoint Internet connection loss at around 8/26/14 12:30 AM PST or at 3:30 AM EST?

Wonder if Time Warner Cable's border routers rebooted?

Edit: Don't start panicking just yet by the way. Doing a traceroute to pso2.jp is resulting in a routing loop. This is same routing loop we had when PSO2 was inaccessible for a couple weeks due to that DDOS. We probably just have to wait for TWC's routers to find the correct route back to Japan.

It couldn't be at a worse time.

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 27, 2014, 03:07 AM
Seems like people on Time Warner Cable are unable to access PSO2 and its site again.

I THINK this MIGHT be related in some way to some sort of West Coast-related route hiccup. At about 9:30 PM HST (12:30 AM PST, 3:30 AM EST), there seemed to have been some sort of issue that actually took down Internet access for ALL of us. As in, we were unable to access the Internet at all, not just PSO2.

Do any of you have some decent routers with logging capabilities that can pinpoint Internet connection loss at around 8/26/14 12:30 AM PST or at 3:30 AM EST?

I was streaming at the time and, by logs, I can confirm it was around 3:30AM EST that the issues started, give or take a few minutes.

saraishadow
Aug 27, 2014, 03:10 AM
I just bought AC on the site and I have time warner, but I keep getting error 103 when i try to use the vanilla launcher.

Still getting 103 with pingzapper as well.

My guess is that it's because everyone woke at 4am and is trying to update the game (even though I updated last night at 9 pm)

Aurorra
Aug 27, 2014, 03:12 AM

A group of idiots have been DDoSing Blizzard's servers for the past couple days, it's likely the reason for any sluggish internet in California.

BahnKnakyu
Aug 27, 2014, 03:15 AM
A group of idiots have been DDoSing Blizzard's servers for the past couple days, it's likely the reason for any sluggish internet in California.

Ah, DDOS'd provider servers may be causing routing issues for TWC, so when their border routers restarted, they can't find a proper route, or something.

In other words, we're just caught in the crossfire of an attack that's not even related to us?

May0
Aug 27, 2014, 03:16 AM
I have Time Warner myself but my problem is a black screen after booting the game. Not having luck connecting to JP VPNs either though...strange.

Anduril
Aug 27, 2014, 03:16 AM
I have Time Warner myself but my problem is a black screen after booting the game. Not having luck connecting to JP VPNs either though...strange.
That sounds like an issue related to an outdated patch.

May0
Aug 27, 2014, 03:17 AM
That sounds like an issue related to an outdated patch.

that's what I figured regarding the patch. I can fix that myself. I was just curious why my VPN was having trouble connecting to JP IPs.

MooingRed
Aug 27, 2014, 03:21 AM
I was on the slot machines before a 630 hit. It was about 12:37 AM PST (probably 12:36 at the exact moment since the slots froze for a while). If it helps, I'm in the SoCal area as others have said before.

BahnKnakyu
Aug 27, 2014, 03:22 AM
I'm verifying people from the EC and Florida getting hit by the outage too.

Looks like something nation-wide. Guess if you guys want to get back on we have to do that "dangerous" (emphasis: sarcasm) proxy thing.

saraishadow
Aug 27, 2014, 03:25 AM
I'm verifying people from the EC and Florida getting hit by the outage too.

Looks like something nation-wide. Guess if you guys want to get back on we have to do that "dangerous" (emphasis: sarcasm) proxy thing.

I'll just wait till TWC stops fucking up again TYVM

AsuravonD
Aug 27, 2014, 03:25 AM
Affected as well, in NYC

Zelvii
Aug 27, 2014, 03:28 AM
Happening here in Ky as well.

Sanguine2009
Aug 27, 2014, 03:33 AM
tx here. he's dead, jim

bhaal
Aug 27, 2014, 03:35 AM
Mx player here, using telmex ISP ( telmex connect to twc in USA ) and I canīt connect, and as ever this happen problem is in 158.205.104.60 , just 1 jump before reaching pso2 page/servers.

saraishadow
Aug 27, 2014, 03:37 AM
TWC this is all I have to say to you
[SPOILER-BOX]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhy7dXWjpAA[/SPOILER-BOX]

BahnKnakyu
Aug 27, 2014, 03:47 AM
Mx player here, using telmex ISP ( telmex connect to twc in USA ) and I canīt connect, and as ever this happen problem is in 158.205.104.60 , just 1 jump before reaching pso2 page/servers.

Were you able to connect a few hours ago?

bhaal
Aug 27, 2014, 03:56 AM
Were you able to connect a few hours ago?
yeah, last time I connected to pso2 servers - pso2.jp/players was yesterday around 21:00 ( 22:00 Eastern Daylight Time) to dl the last update.

saraishadow
Aug 27, 2014, 04:01 AM
Has anyone successfully gotten on using the tweaker?

Zelvii
Aug 27, 2014, 04:03 AM
Using the Tweaker, I can get to the ship selection, but every one of them is labeled "unknown" At this time.

TaigaUC
Aug 27, 2014, 04:15 AM
I have a friend on Telmex that was able to connect around half an hour ago.
They went to bed, so I can't ask them to check.

sajaikub
Aug 27, 2014, 04:18 AM
I'm having the same issue :( .

Fufufu
Aug 27, 2014, 04:24 AM
The internet just died again for a moment, something nasty going on.

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 27, 2014, 04:43 AM
Posting from my phone. On TWC and seem to be having a major outtage right now.

Edit: Silly autocorrect. Not outrage. Outtage.

aozora
Aug 27, 2014, 04:45 AM
Posting from my phone. On TWC and seem to be having a major outrage right now.

Same deal here.
Was hoping to continue making some meseta but gonna give up and sleep it out.
Night guys ノシ

auxy
Aug 27, 2014, 04:52 AM
Posting from my phone. On TWC and seem to be having a major outtage right now.

Edit: Silly autocorrect. Not outrage. Outtage.
Also posting from phone here in Texas. Hahaha, using my phone's 1080p HDMI out with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse is pretty awesome! Just like a PC, except everything is really laggy and crappy. Hahaha. And no flash. :(

Anyway, Downdetector is showing outages across the country for TWC so clearly they have severely broken something. I wish they'd e-mail us when this stuff happens. Or something.

Naiza Sa Remasu
Aug 27, 2014, 05:03 AM
Posting on my phone here too in ohio. Hopefully when this outage is over we we will be able to connect
To the game again

Daiyousei
Aug 27, 2014, 05:05 AM
Time Warner Cable's website seems to be down as well

cillia
Aug 27, 2014, 05:06 AM
Posting from my phone from Hawaii. Honestly not the best timing TWC...

Boney010
Aug 27, 2014, 05:27 AM
I was about to respond to fufu about having the same problem when my Internet went kaput too. When I was troubleshooting, the result was it could not connect microsoft on both wifi and wired connections.

Edit: Gah, guess everyone went to sleep. Guess I'll see what the damage is in the morning then... =/

auxy
Aug 27, 2014, 06:07 AM
Well, I'm back, but I still can't tracert to pso2.jp. Anyone else?

saraishadow
Aug 27, 2014, 06:10 AM
Internet went down completely for like an hour =_=

Still can't connect though

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 27, 2014, 06:12 AM
My TWC connection is still wonky. Not able to connect to some pages while others are fine. Seems it needs more time.

Flaoc
Aug 27, 2014, 06:13 AM
twc really picked a terrible time to be doing this

Akio-Kasai
Aug 27, 2014, 06:15 AM
Holy internet outtage.

What a terrible time for this to be happening.

Otokonokotron
Aug 27, 2014, 06:49 AM
I just now got the main pso2 site to load. i was unsuccessful only ten minutes ago. did they fix it already? anyone else getting through?

Akio-Kasai
Aug 27, 2014, 06:51 AM
I can confirm I got on, AND connected to the Ships. We're a go again.

The_Brimada
Aug 27, 2014, 06:52 AM
I just woke up and I can get on again just fine.

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 27, 2014, 06:54 AM
Hooray, good to see it was only a temporary issue.

CelestialBlade
Aug 27, 2014, 08:57 AM
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-time-warner-cable-outage-20140827-story.html

Time Warner Cable internet service is "largely restored". Outages hit the midwest, NE coast, and SW coast of the US the hardest.

DJcooltrainer
Aug 27, 2014, 09:16 AM
Yup, my internet here was down at home for a few hours early this morning. We also happen to use TWC's fiber network at my office, so that was fun... It seems like I can connect to the game and pso2.jp just fine.

I just wanted to use a sick day and play EP3 today, thanks, Time-Warner Cable :(