PDA

View Full Version : Testing new skills and how they actually work

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 04:03 AM
Healing Guard works with Katana and Daggers (can't get it to work with Knuckles, haven't tried other weapons)

Tech Arts JA doesn't work with normal attacks

Limit Break will trigger Half/Deadline Slayer by itself, then fully heals you once it wears off (even if you were already heavily damaged before activating it). PP Convert also heals you by 30% once it's over, but *line Slayers go off of your reduced max HP (so you would need 35% or 17.5% HP.

Bullet Keep only works with Rifle/Launcher. Does not trigger PP Save unless your current weapon is loaded with a special bullet.

Charge Escape doesn't save your spent PP and doesn't work with Namegid. If you don't have enough PP to use the tech (again) after dodging, or release the key during the dodge, you will still retain your charge until you press the PA button again. This will also allow you to walk around with a fully charged Ilfoie. Switching weapons or using a different tech will remove your reserved charge.

Attack Advance doesn't work with Katana Finish, Counter Edge, uncharged techs, Wand Gear, or SRoll Arts, which all count as "normal attacks" when it comes to Chain Trigger/Finish.

Rayden
Aug 27, 2014, 04:06 AM
Healing Guard works with Katana and Daggers (can't get it to work with Knuckles, haven't tried other weapons)

By daggers, I assume you mean the evasive action. I'm curious to know whether it'd also trigger when you block with regular attacks or blocking PAs.

Edit: And thanks for getting that information together so quickly after Episode 3's release.

elryan
Aug 27, 2014, 04:30 AM
Can you explain how Tech Arts JA works please?

So basically it's just another JA damage-boosting skill that works with PA / Tech only?

How much it boosts for?

Thanks in advance.

TaigaUC
Aug 27, 2014, 04:33 AM
Do Shifta Strike and Deband Toughness apply only to yourself or to everyone affected by the buffs?
Just wanted to make sure.

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 04:36 AM
Can you explain how Tech Arts JA works please?

So basically it's just another JA damage-boosting skill that works with PA / Tech only?

How much it boosts for?

Thanks in advance.Gives you a 5-15% bonus for 1-5SP if you JA a different PA or tech after each other.

So Shifta would be pretty good to use before practically any offensive tech, or something like Tsukimi->Gekka is actually pretty effective.

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 05:00 AM
Do Shifta Strike and Deband Toughness apply only to yourself or to everyone affected by the buffs?
Just wanted to make sure.
They work on everyone

landman
Aug 27, 2014, 05:00 AM
Charge Escape doesn't save your spent PP

What's the point then?...

you will still retain your charge until you press the PA button again. This will also allow you to walk around with a fully charged Ilfoie.
That would be awesome... in a PVP game :roll: In any case, is that intended? because if it is not, they may fix this.

kabutozero
Aug 27, 2014, 05:28 AM
what does photon blade scape?

Aurorra
Aug 27, 2014, 05:33 AM
what does photon blade scape?

I think it's a momentary invincibility while using your dual blade weapon action.

kabutozero
Aug 27, 2014, 05:35 AM
could be really worth then? you basically spam it with photon blade fever active

HeyItsTHK
Aug 27, 2014, 07:19 AM

Limit Break will trigger Half/Deadline Slayer by itself, then fully heals you once it wears off (even if you were already heavily damaged before activating it). PP Convert also heals you by 30% once it's over, but *line Slayers go off of your reduced max HP (so you would need 35% or 17.5% HP.

Bullet Keep only works with Rifle/Launcher. Does not trigger PP Save unless your current weapon is loaded with a special bullet.

Charge Escape doesn't save your spent PP and doesn't work with Namegid. If you don't have enough PP to use the tech (again) after dodging, or release the key during the dodge, you will still retain your charge until you press the PA button again. This will also allow you to walk around with a fully charged Ilfoie. Switching weapons or using a different tech will remove your reserved charge.

Attack Advance doesn't work with Katana Finish, Counter Edge, uncharged techs, Wand Gear, or SRoll Arts, which all count as "normal attacks" when it comes to Chain Trigger/Finish.

You're doing the lord's work, and yes Healing Guard won't work with Knuckles because the ducking doesn't function as a block, just a moment where you're completely invincible.

Shame about charge escape though.

Arkanoid
Aug 27, 2014, 09:01 AM
So with Tech Arts JA normal attack -> PA -> normal attack -> PA would give no bonus damage at any point right?

Is healing guard 5% of your max HP? Seems kind of weak.

Terrence
Aug 27, 2014, 09:25 AM
Weak indeed but it also heals nearby allies.

DJcooltrainer
Aug 27, 2014, 09:51 AM
Ohh, healing guard works with katanas? That's super nice, I assumed it would be a HU weapon only type of skill. That should be a fun one for HU/BR. I'm assuming it still works with counter blocking?

The_Brimada
Aug 27, 2014, 09:52 AM
Was really hoping that bullet keep would stay when I switch to gunslash, but still switching to launcher after using wb works fine for me.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 27, 2014, 10:10 AM
Anyone tried switch strike yet? Want to know if S atk will increase the damage of techs casted from boots as well as other attacks.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 27, 2014, 10:58 AM
Anyone tried switch strike yet? Want to know if S atk will increase the damage of techs casted from boots as well as other attacks.

I would have, but I'm stuck at college classes atm so yeah... got to wait till later

EspeonageTieler
Aug 27, 2014, 11:12 AM

i think it jsut uses your t-atk instead of s-atk but only for basic atks and PA so no techs when i used it it didnt look liek the damage changed at all

Metalsnake27
Aug 27, 2014, 04:07 PM
Ohh, healing guard works with katanas? That's super nice, I assumed it would be a HU weapon only type of skill. That should be a fun one for HU/BR. I'm assuming it still works with counter blocking?

It's not a huge heal, but it's rather nice considering Katana counter and stuff.

Can also get J Reversal Cover for even more heals if you want lol.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 27, 2014, 04:22 PM
As far as I can tell it only works with normal attacks. You'd use your S-atk stat instead of your T-atk stat. It's an active, not a passive, so you can switch and it has no cooldowns.

Gardios
Aug 27, 2014, 04:26 PM
How do Heal Share and Bonus work?

As far as I can tell it only works with normal attacks. You'd use your S-atk stat instead of your T-atk stat. It's an active, not a passive, so you can switch and it has no cooldowns.

That... sounds incredibly useless unless you don't have T-ATK affixed to your equipment or a T-ATK mag.

The Walrus
Aug 27, 2014, 04:42 PM
I tried Switch Strike and without it on an Oodan and my damage went up by 100 per hit with it on so seems like it works with PAs too.

This was at a lower level mind you so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a standard damage variance.

GHNeko
Aug 27, 2014, 04:43 PM
Well depends on your build.

Satk Jet Sets are viable I feel.

Just dont leave your Tatk in the dust.

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 05:48 PM
So with Tech Arts JA normal attack -> PA -> normal attack -> PA would give no bonus damage at any point right?
Normal attacks cannot get the bonus after a PA/tech, nor can they give the bonus to a PA/tech.

Tech Arts JA would not apply at all in your example, even if the two PAs were different.

Shiyo
Aug 27, 2014, 05:53 PM

But does it work with wand auto-attacks?

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah, definitely works with wand smacks. It should also work with every weapon's regular hits, and even stacks with SRoll Up (but not Arts).

pkemr4
Aug 27, 2014, 08:06 PM
how does elemental stance work?

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2014, 08:06 PM
But does it work with wand auto-attacks?

How do you set them to auto attack?

Kondibon
Aug 27, 2014, 08:08 PM
how does elemental stance work?It's Element Weak Hit: The Stance

pkemr4
Aug 27, 2014, 08:14 PM
It's Element Weak Hit: The Stance

well that kinda sucks.

Kondibon
Aug 27, 2014, 08:21 PM
How do Heal Share and Bonus work?

Oh right, I have an answer to this. When you get healed, people around you get healed for a percent of what you were. I don't think the source of the heal matters but I'll have to test it more.

Sanguine2009
Aug 27, 2014, 08:22 PM
its great with boots, its pretty much a non conditional % as long as you remember to change elements to match weakness, shame about twin sabers though....

batokage
Aug 27, 2014, 08:27 PM
Anyone tested the rebalanced traps on Ranger yet? I was playing around with them myself and with 10sp invested in tool skills up as well as custom trap skills added (I have 3 all tree resets so I'm just trying it out) I was doing roughly 256 damage per explosion to oodans (with me at lvl 5 bouncer, oodan lvl 20). Traps now take about half a second to set rather than almost 2 full seconds.

They also fixed the very stupid throw arc of the old stun grenade to a more straight forward lob (just like nafoie. Stun grenade's blast radius seems a bit smaller (might just be my imagination). Gravity Bomb dies a good job keeping whatever is caught in its blast radius in place but its radius is around the same size as that gravity bullet PA for launcher (sorry forgot its real name if that's wrong).

Since they are now skills rather than items they have a cooldown as well. Don't rember what the cool down for upper trap and prison trap were but the grenades types were about a 10 second cooldown

Yden
Aug 27, 2014, 08:30 PM
Territory burst had the range bonus cut in exchange for it being passive didn't it?

final_attack
Aug 27, 2014, 08:33 PM
I did use Trap Tree ..... But I don't think the damage is too high though. All I can remember is Upper Trap deals around 3k damage each hit (non-weak spot I think. I'll check it again later after part-time work) with Lv1 Tool Mastery. I haven't raised Upper Trap Custom.

With GuRa tree.

Then again, I might not maximize Trap tree, since originally I only aim it for PP Recovery and Poisoning some mobs.

horseship
Aug 27, 2014, 08:41 PM
I haven't tried traps, but I'm finding that grenades are amazing for pp recovery with tactics trap. You get 20% of your pp back per enemy you hit, which is great despite the low damage. They both have 15 second cooldowns, so you can essentially throw a grenade every 7.5 seconds to recover almost all of your pp. Great since rifle has no real pp recovery with WB loaded, and launcher has pretty bad pp recovery.

Anyone tried War Brave yet? I don't have resets to spare so I'd like an opinion on it before I choose to spend the points on either it or Automate Halfline.

batokage
Aug 27, 2014, 08:45 PM
Twice Chain and Chain cool down reduce (w/e the name is) both work great, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish twice chain worked with any weapon...

Gardios
Aug 27, 2014, 08:49 PM
Oh right, I have an answer to this. When you get healed, people around you get healed for a percent of what you were. I don't think the source of the heal matters but I'll have to test it more.
Hm, that's pretty neat for the very short Zanverse+Megiverse overlap or Super Treatment in 12-MPAs, but doesn't sound that useful otherwise.

Would be pretty cool if it works with Guld Milla on Gu/Bo, maybe?

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2014, 08:52 PM
Hm, that's pretty neat for the very short Zanverse+Megiverse overlap or Super Treatment in 12-MPAs, but doesn't sound that useful otherwise.

Would be pretty cool if it works with Guld Milla on Gu/Bo, maybe?

I've thought for a while that this is the last thing GMs needed to feel complete for me.

I was hoping for closer to 20-25%, but eh.

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 09:23 PM
Anyone tested the rebalanced traps on Ranger yet?
They're still extremely limited in utility due to the 20s cooldown on the traps, plus the 2s time frame where you cannot activate the trap after setting it down. They don't seem to be able to automatically trigger by proximity to enemies, either.

A single point for Gravity Bomb and 6 for Tactics Trap is totally viable, though. Gives you 20% of your total PP including affixes and set bonus per mob you hit. Great alternative to Killing Bonus. And yeah, you throw those grenades really fast now so they're totally usable.

Yden
Aug 27, 2014, 09:39 PM
They're still extremely limited in utility due to the 20s cooldown on the traps, plus the 2s time frame where you cannot activate the trap after setting it down. They don't seem to be able to automatically trigger by proximity to enemies, either.

A single point for Gravity Bomb and 6 for Tactics Trap is totally viable, though. Gives you 20% of your total PP including affixes and set bonus per mob you hit. Great alternative to Killing Bonus. And yeah, you throw those grenades really fast now so they're totally usable.

Gravity bomb counts as a trap for tactics?

horseship
Aug 27, 2014, 09:43 PM
Gravity bomb and stun grenades both count.

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 09:50 PM
Anyone tried War Brave yet? I don't have resets to spare so I'd like an opinion on it before I choose to spend the points on either it or Automate Halfline.
You do need to grab quite a few enemies to make it work, but the good news is that the bonus persists for the full 30s even if you don't have War Cry maxed. It also extends to enemies you didn't originally catch with the taunt.

Territory burst had the range bonus cut in exchange for it being passive didn't it?
Feels the same to me, but haven't really tried it with anything sensitive yet. Anyone use TB for very specific things that you can't anymore?

Gravity bomb counts as a trap for tactics?
Yes it does

horseship
Aug 27, 2014, 10:10 PM
What's the damage/pp bonus for each level of War Brave? I don't have it unlocked so I can't check for myself. Do you think it's worth getting?

Second opinion on territory burst: seems the same to me too.

Arksenth
Aug 27, 2014, 10:15 PM
TE main chiming in that Territory Burst seems unchanged to me.

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 10:19 PM
lv5 War Brave is 3% power per enemy, max 15%, and 7PP recovered per enemy, max 35.

It's really minimal at lv1 (I think 1% +3PP per, max 5% and 15PP), and since it requires lv3 in War Cry you may as well max it out if you're going for it at all.

If you're maining Hunter (it is main class only, after all) and you don't like either S-Atk Up or a defensive option, then it's all there really is for more damage.

horseship
Aug 27, 2014, 10:33 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I do intend on playing sword HU, but I'm also using the same tree as a subclass for ranger and braver. War Brave's bonus at max seem underwhelming to me, and I liked Automate when I had it in the past, so I think I'm going to stick with it. I have just enough points in my build to get 3 war cry and 1 war brave, so I can occasionally use it for some free pp I guess, ignoring the minimal damage boost.

UnLucky
Aug 27, 2014, 10:44 PM
Well, it might be more trouble than it's worth with all the fist pumping, but theoretically you could have a 15% damage bonus active all of the time for 8SP. Even ignoring the PP regen that isn't so bad, but you do lose effectiveness against bosses (though it does still work to some degree!).

batokage
Aug 27, 2014, 11:44 PM

Cool cool. Also I'm seeing now that dead approach did get the stun to replace blowing enemies needlessly far away, but now it cann hit multiple enemies? Has it always had a slight AoE?

JRDeBo
Aug 27, 2014, 11:51 PM
Time for an incredibly stupid question, but if my T-Atk is higher then my S-Atk is there any point in using switch strike?

Shiyo
Aug 28, 2014, 12:56 AM
Does freezing vol dragon, miraging luther, panicing dorios etc make them take extra damage from chase advanced now?

GHNeko
Aug 28, 2014, 01:23 AM
Time for an incredibly stupid question, but if my T-Atk is higher then my S-Atk is there any point in using switch strike?

Nope.

UnLucky
Aug 28, 2014, 01:56 AM
Does freezing vol dragon, miraging luther, panicing dorios etc make them take extra damage from chase advanced now?

Nope, Vol Dragon definitely doesn't take any extra damage from melee or techs while "frozen." I have both Chase and Chase+

Maronji
Aug 28, 2014, 02:20 AM
Not exactly related, I know, but I made a discovery that I'm not sure everyone's aware of just yet. When you're looking at the skill tree, have any of you guys ever clicked on a skill and pressed the Q key?

Try it on, say, S-ATK Up 3 on the Hunter tree or T-ATK High Boost, especially if you haven't met the requirements to those skills. Alternatively, you can try it on a skill you've maxed if you think I'm playing a trick on you. It's kind of a neato info-gathering function. You can spy on Shift Air Attack Boost in all it's 5% glory.

Oleptro
Aug 28, 2014, 07:47 AM
Did anyone figure out how Chain F Bonus works?

UnLucky
Aug 28, 2014, 08:35 AM
I think it's something like your chain count /3 or /4 gets subtracted from your cooldown.

So if you get a 90 chain you'll get 30s taken off, but if you only raise it to 10 you'll get hardly anything.

Also you have to actually activate the CF, since you get nothing if it just expires.

Rayden
Aug 28, 2014, 08:47 AM
Does Heal Bonus affect Heal Share?

What's the range like on Heal Share?

Do Hunter skills like Automate Halfline and Absorption work with Heal Bonus? It seems to me like having one Hunter/Bouncer tank guy running around with Absorption and Heal Share could be very useful.

suzaku0zero0
Aug 28, 2014, 11:02 AM
does br's "charge shoot" skill work if I use ra/br?

The_Brimada
Aug 28, 2014, 08:20 PM
Not exactly related, I know, but I made a discovery that I'm not sure everyone's aware of just yet. When you're looking at the skill tree, have any of you guys ever clicked on a skill and pressed the Q key?

Try it on, say, S-ATK Up 3 on the Hunter tree or T-ATK High Boost, especially if you haven't met the requirements to those skills. Alternatively, you can try it on a skill you've maxed if you think I'm playing a trick on you. It's kind of a neato info-gathering function. You can spy on Shift Air Attack Boost in all it's 5% glory.

Never noticed that before. That's definitely good to know.

Stickboy
Aug 29, 2014, 06:43 AM
i tried limit break. that 20% increase is somewhat worth using if you can dodge/block shits

HeyItsTHK
Aug 29, 2014, 11:16 AM
I enjoy using limit break. Paired with Iron Will and Never Give Up (there was only one time I actually died during a Falz Angel run) it makes for fun times.

Zerex
Aug 29, 2014, 01:44 PM
Anyone tested if Break Stance works on parts that have already broken? Or is just useless for anything other than breaking parts

GHNeko
Aug 29, 2014, 02:23 PM
Useless for things that arent breakable.

Not sure if break stance crit applies on things that arent broken though. I'm sure it does...but you never know..

Kondibon
Aug 29, 2014, 02:51 PM
Useless for things that arent breakable.

Not sure if break stance crit applies on things that arent broken though. I'm sure it does...but you never know..All of the crit skills for stances still require you to fufil the stance's requirements to work as far as I know.

batokage
Aug 29, 2014, 03:53 PM
LOVING jetboots. Rapid boost helps too, really speeding up those tech charges, but does anyone know if RB JA up affects tech JAs as well?

Also I havent had much time to sit down and play lately but I've been wondering if the jetboots weapon action is a dodge like the knuckles one with I frames. Has anyone tested this out yet?

Kondibon
Aug 29, 2014, 03:59 PM
LOVING jetboots. Rapid boost helps too, really speeding up those tech charges, but does anyone know if RB JA up affects tech JAs as well?

Also I havent had much time to sit down and play lately but I've been wondering if the jetboots weapon action is a dodge like the knuckles one with I frames. Has anyone tested this out yet?
I think it should, but I haven't tested it yet.

If you mean the one when you're standing still, yeah. If you use the weapon action durring a normal attack or a PA though then you just combo. I dunno what the point of the normal attack one is though. The damage is low, you can't JA it, it has a long animation, and it doesn't have I-frames. :/

Rayden
Aug 29, 2014, 09:15 PM
Are Deband Attack PP Restorate and Shifta Air Boost just for the user, or do they apply to other players when you cast the buffs on them?

Gryffin
Aug 29, 2014, 09:24 PM
Are Deband Attack PP Restorate and Shifta Air Boost just for the user, or do they apply to other players when you cast the buffs on them?

Others also :)

Kondibon
Aug 29, 2014, 09:50 PM
Something I noticed about charge escape. It actually recasts the tech at full charge when it ends. Which means you need to use the PP twice. BUT, if you stop holding the button before the mirage ends then you can run around with the tech precharged.

pkemr4
Aug 29, 2014, 10:03 PM
has anyone tested to see if the latent immediate Strike applys to Jet boots PA's and there regular attacks?

GHNeko
Aug 29, 2014, 10:59 PM
Why wouldnt it?

Doesnt immediate strike everywhere else apply to PAs and normals?

Rayden
Aug 30, 2014, 05:29 AM
Are Bouncer's field skills affected by Territory Burst?

Shiyo
Aug 30, 2014, 05:53 AM
Others also :)
Video/source?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 30, 2014, 12:57 PM
Having a hard time testing tech arts JA. Need to know if photon blade>PA>photon blades> and so on would trigger it.

Chdata
Aug 30, 2014, 01:42 PM

Additionally, if you half charge a spell, you will still need to continue charging it further. It saves the amount of charge you had when you dashed, but does not make you instantly get full charge.

If you charge rafoie, dash, and try to cast any other spell, that spell will be an uncharged normal attack (unless you start charging the different spell).

You still need to JA you spell after using charge escape, or else it won't get the JA bonus, even if you JA'd when you first started charging it.

Inquiry:

Does elemental conversion work with the way jet boots change elements?

Rakurai
Aug 30, 2014, 03:21 PM
Charge Escape became a lot less appealing when I realized it consumes PP whenever you use it.

Enough that I decided to not even bother with it for the sake of being able to max Talis Tech Bonus on my trees.

UnLucky
Aug 30, 2014, 05:17 PM
Having a hard time testing tech arts JA. Need to know if photon blade>PA>photon blades> and so on would trigger it.
I don't believe it does. My numbers seem the exact same for either of them.

Charge Escape became a lot less appealing when I realized it consumes PP whenever you use it.

Enough that I decided to not even bother with it for the sake of being able to max Talis Tech Bonus on my trees.
Yeah, I'm not gonna bother taking it. There's just not enough points unless you sacrifice damage somewhere.

It would help the most with Ilfoie or Namegid, but it isn't worth doubling the PP cost, and it just doesn't plain work at all with Namegid.

Scyn
Aug 30, 2014, 05:45 PM
I got a question about Switch Strike
Been trying to experiment a little with JB switch strike fury stance Bo/Hu with inconsistent results. I'm trying to figure out if JB PA's stack with fury stance with switch strike on.

pkemr4
Aug 30, 2014, 06:09 PM
from what ive tested Fury stance works with jet boot's PA's

Kikikiki
Aug 30, 2014, 08:46 PM
I got a question about Switch Strike
Been trying to experiment a little with JB switch strike fury stance Bo/Hu with inconsistent results. I'm trying to figure out if JB PA's stack with fury stance with switch strike on.

Jet Boots PAs will have a Fury bonus even with Switch Strike off.

So yeah, if you're going pure JB there's no point in investing in Switch Strike at all.

Rien
Aug 30, 2014, 08:52 PM
Unless you were a melee to begin with

Hrith
Aug 31, 2014, 07:28 AM
Anyone tried switch strike yet? Want to know if S atk will increase the damage of techs casted from boots as well as other attacks.There is no difference at all in damage from cast techs whether Switch Strike is active or not.

How do Heal Share and Bonus work?Healing Bonus is a direct bonus to your healing, it affects Resta, Megiverse, mates, star atomisers, I assume it affects healing weapon potentials, but I don't think I have any to test.
The bonus only applies to you, though, so if you use Resta on someone else, they will be healed 15% less than you will heal yourself (assuming Healing Bonus Lv5).

Heal Share simply shares 20% of anything that heals you (oince again, could not test weapon potentials) with people quite close to you. It reverberates on Resta, which significantly increase the amount healed on both yourself and your allies.

Two skills really worth getting, whether you are support bouncer or not.

Rayden
Aug 31, 2014, 04:40 PM
Crafting Mastery increases the weapon/unit stats by up to 10%. How does this work exactly? Is the weapon bonus applied before or after the element's bonus is calculated?

Rakurai
Aug 31, 2014, 05:42 PM
It's just a direct increase to the gear's base stats.

Sayara
Aug 31, 2014, 05:45 PM
There is no difference at all in damage from cast techs whether Switch Strike is active or not.

Healing Bonus is a direct bonus to your healing, it affects Resta, Megiverse, mates, star atomisers, I assume it affects healing weapon potentials, but I don't think I have any to test.
The bonus only applies to you, though, so if you use Resta on someone else, they will be healed 15% less than you will heal yourself (assuming Healing Bonus Lv5).

Heal Share simply shares 20% of anything that heals you (oince again, could not test weapon potentials) with people quite close to you. It reverberates on Resta, which significantly increase the amount healed on both yourself and your allies.

It works so well as a tank HU as well that its almost hillarious

Chdata
Aug 31, 2014, 05:52 PM
I wanted to try just reversal recover + Heal Share ;p

There should be a new class or skilltree branch that revolves around being knocked on the floor.

- Flip Wave - On just reversal, emit a shockwave that hits 20x the last damage you took.
- Never Let Down - On just reversal, gain 5-15 seconds of super armor+50% dmg reduc and +50-150 R/S/T-atk

UnLucky
Aug 31, 2014, 05:59 PM
Where is my Air Reversal already??

Rayden
Aug 31, 2014, 06:35 PM
It's just a direct increase to the gear's base stats.

So then it definitely does boost the element bonus?

Sandmind
Aug 31, 2014, 07:07 PM
I can confirm that Heal Share work with Guild Milla, as a GUBO, I was a walking mini megiverse. Now back to GUHU she goes.

Rien
Aug 31, 2014, 07:17 PM
I wanted to try just reversal recover + Heal Share ;p

There should be a new class or skilltree branch that revolves around being knocked on the floor.

- Flip Wave - On just reversal, emit a shockwave that hits 20x the last damage you took.
- Never Let Down - On just reversal, gain 5-15 seconds of super armor+50% dmg reduc and +50-150 R/S/T-atk

Are you trying to make hu/bo the pso2 rickroll?

Chdata
Aug 31, 2014, 07:18 PM
Are you trying to make hu/bo the pso2 rickroll?

Of course not!

I'm never gonna tell a lie.

Hrith
Sep 1, 2014, 04:29 AM
Rather useless piece of information, but you do not have to release a technique to change the element of Jet Boots Gear, just charge it.

batokage
Sep 9, 2014, 10:18 AM
Rather useless piece of information, but you do not have to release a technique to change the element of Jet Boots Gear, just charge it.

Seems like you only need to charge it. I can confirm that Resta does NOT overwrite current elemental charge of your jetboots though it does refill the gear guage.

Also I forgot where I saw someone ask the question but Dual Blade photon blades do add to chain trigger's chain count without setting it off, making them perhaps the only somewhat effective weapon for using chain trigger outside of TMG/Rifles.

Rien
Sep 9, 2014, 10:35 AM
Anything which does not have it's element name in it ("-grants" "-foie" "-barta" etc) won't change elemental charge.

Dephinix
Sep 9, 2014, 08:22 PM
does br's "charge shoot" skill work if I use ra/br?

Absolutely, only class only skill with braver is Combat Escape, and bleh. Make sure you get that attack advance too, as that affects charged shots. Been hitting around 29k per charged weak shot.

shelder
Sep 9, 2014, 09:11 PM

So just wana make sure, with Tech Arts, if i go PA --> basic atk --> PA --> basic atk wont increase the damage of the PAs? Or will it just have increased damage for the first PA or no increase at all?

Also, using limit break with activate deadline and halfline once used but if u r under 25% hp (say like 10% hp or something), will it heal u to 25% or keep u at the hp u had?

Selphea
Sep 9, 2014, 10:21 PM
Also I forgot where I saw someone ask the question but Dual Blade photon blades do add to chain trigger's chain count without setting it off, making them perhaps the only somewhat effective weapon for using chain trigger outside of TMG/Rifles.

That was me in the Bouncer thread but thanks for checking. Since no one answered I levelled Gunner to try it myself. After initial testing I'd written it off because I couldn't get it to chain.

After reading what you said I did some more testing just before maintenance and looks like it's an emanation point issue. It does work but it seems Photon Blades hit a slightly higher spot than normal attacks so it's easy for Chain Trigger to paint the wrong target spot. Took me a few times watching my own video to figure out what went wrong there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acwi6c82k4k

After maintenance I'll try on a big target :O

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 9, 2014, 10:29 PM

It's highly abusive; I've been using uncharged megiverse->heavenly kite for a full heal to anyone else around me in an MPA. Beats the hell out of resta-ing melee in luther fights, and doesn't directly cut into my damage, and saves a shitton of time.

UnLucky
Sep 9, 2014, 10:53 PM
So just wana make sure, with Tech Arts, if i go PA --> basic atk --> PA --> basic atk wont increase the damage of the PAs? Or will it just have increased damage for the first PA or no increase at all?

Also, using limit break with activate deadline and halfline once used but if u r under 25% hp (say like 10% hp or something), will it heal u to 25% or keep u at the hp u had?
No bonus on either of the PAs in that example, and normal attacks will never get the bonus no matter what.

Limit Break will always heal you to full HP once it's over.

PP Convert will only heal you for the reduced HP, so 20% for lv1 or 30% at lv10. So if you have less than that, it won't heal you to full.

Dephinix
Sep 9, 2014, 10:58 PM
That was me in the Bouncer thread but thanks for checking. Since no one answered I levelled Gunner to try it myself. After initial testing I'd written it off because I couldn't get it to chain.

After reading what you said I did some more testing just before maintenance and looks like it's an emanation point issue. It does work but it seems Photon Blades hit a slightly higher spot than normal attacks so it's easy for Chain Trigger to paint the wrong target spot. Took me a few times watching my own video to figure out what went wrong there:

PSO2 - Bouncer/Gunner Chain Trigger Interaction - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acwi6c82k4k)

After maintenance I'll try on a big target :O

Umm, don't use forest for this. Have you ever used diffuse shell or a bow on za/oodans? Their weak point is their "head", but their head's hitbox is actually closer to it's chest area, so yes, you will fail to hit, A LOT.
Rappies are similar, their heads extend out more than what is desirable.

Use something with better hitboxes to give a better example. Or actually use third person view. "What, third person view on a melee class", yes, it does help, especially to me with twin daggers for fi/hu.

I think the only issue is not making up for obviously bad hitboxes. If you wouldn't mind since you have the trees and build already, do on better mobs or even use Third Person View for it, and see if it helps. For bosses this shouldn't really matter, and using chain mobs seems a bit silly.

Dephinix
Sep 9, 2014, 11:01 PM

I will gladly test for you after maint. I think I tried it once, but, I don't believe my hp raised to 25%. Pretty sure the only recovery is when it ends, like UnLucky said.

UnLucky
Sep 9, 2014, 11:11 PM
Oh, reading that again I get what you mean.

No, you won't heal if you're already below the reduced max HP.

Selphea
Sep 9, 2014, 11:22 PM
Umm, don't use forest for this. Have you ever used diffuse shell or a bow on za/oodans? Their weak point is their "head", but their head's hitbox is actually closer to it's chest area, so yes, you will fail to hit, A LOT.
Rappies are similar, their heads extend out more than what is desirable.

Use something with better hitboxes to give a better example. Or actually use third person view. "What, third person view on a melee class", yes, it does help, especially to me with twin daggers for fi/hu.

I think the only issue is not making up for obviously bad hitboxes. If you wouldn't mind since you have the trees and build already, do on better mobs or even use Third Person View for it, and see if it helps. For bosses this shouldn't really matter, and using chain mobs seems a bit silly.

Yea I'll test on a VH Gwahnada after maintenance now that I've figured out what happened there. I was only testing in forest because it has lots of slow, stupid mobs so I don't need to run 3 maps and knock a boss down.

And nope never diffuse shelled/torrented on Oodans. I only started 2 weeks ago and am still figuring Bouncer out, much less other classes :O!

Dephinix
Sep 9, 2014, 11:32 PM
Yea I'll test on a VH Gwahnada after maintenance now that I've figured out what happened there. I was only testing in forest because it has lots of slow, stupid mobs so I don't need to run 3 maps and knock a boss down.

And nope never diffuse shelled/torrented on Oodans. I only started 2 weeks ago and am still figuring Bouncer out, much less other classes :O!

Well then.
Those Baridans are the same as oodans, so same rules apply with bad hitbox.
I doubt the humanoid dragonkin will be as bad, but I do usually have to jump for diffuse shell, so, in regards to that, do this.
If your chain hit their main body, stay to the ground and pray. If it hit their "head", I would jump, photon blades, attack, photon blades, attack, so on etc.
Jumping usually corrects a lot of the hitboxes in good favor in terms of ranger, so I'm guessing it will help the photon blades too.

Garongoes are a must for tps just because their middle core is the only thing you can lock onto, but, if you have fever active, all you have to do is tps, shoot blades, attack so you can shoot blades again, repeat.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2014, 08:11 PM
Quick question for confirmation; war brave increases your maximim PP for the duration, right? Or does it give back missing PP?

UnLucky
Sep 16, 2014, 08:19 PM
It recovers PP. Your max stays the same.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2014, 08:21 PM
It recovers PP. Your max stays the same.

Thanks.

Achelousaurus
Sep 17, 2014, 06:09 AM
Wut?
Seriously?
The only point of basic TB is bigger range.

Also, from my own experience Healing Guard is as useless as it gets.
My Hu has 906 HP with Partizan and I healed for precisely 45 every single time.
Even +3 S-atk from that one skill point spent elsewhere feels more useful.

For the final time, could someone please clear up the Stance Critical skills (Average Stance Critical, Fury Stance Critical, etc.) for me please?
I always hear they raise the chance to do 100% dmg, no more and do not actually affect real critical rate.
But on the other hand I see so many people hear recommend builds with these skills as if they don't read any of the topics I do.

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2014, 06:15 AM
Wut?
Seriously?
The only point of basic TB is bigger range.
No, he's mistaken. In fact it seems bigger.

Also, from my own experience Healing Guard is as useless as it gets.
My Hu has 906 HP with Partizan and I healed for precisely 45 every single time.
Even +3 S-atk from that one skill point spent elsewhere feels more useful.For just one point it's useful for topping your self off if you got scratched or something, and can offset the mate use from automate. But yeah, I wouldn't consider it a priority.

For the final time, could someone please clear up the Stance Critical skills (Average Stance Critical, Fury Stance Critical, etc.) for me please?
I always hear they raise the chance to do 100% dmg, no more and do not actually affect real critical rate.
But on the other hand I see so many people hear recommend builds with these skills as if they don't read any of the topics I do.Crits deal your max potential damage. That's what crits do. The skills are, in fact increasing your actual crit rate (crits have fancy blue numbers instead of white). Crit builds are usually based around fighter's critical strike skill, or using extended weapons (since they have high damage variance).

Achelousaurus
Sep 17, 2014, 08:28 AM
Oh, hmm.
So what are the hits called when I do deal more dmg?

Cause I can't tell when sometimes I see a regular number roughly 150% of my avg dmg but then see a bigger turquoise number that is like 110-115% of my avg dmg.
And then see a turquoise number much higher than all others.
Are the stance critical skills worth investing into?

Maenara
Sep 17, 2014, 08:47 AM
Wait, critical hits have different colored numbers? What? ...does this mean I've never gotten a critical hit before? I don't even...

final_attack
Sep 17, 2014, 08:51 AM
Oh, hmm.

Cause I can't tell when sometimes I see a regular number roughly 150% of my avg dmg but then see a bigger turquoise number that is like 110-115% of my avg dmg.

Probably PP Slayer or other similiar type skills proc, so it increase your damage even more?
Critical Strike on Fi raise critical damage by 15% too.

Wait, critical hits have different colored numbers? What? ...does this mean I've never gotten a critical hit before? I don't even...

Well, probably you just missed seeing that. Since I think 5% is base critical rate. And the blue numbers are somewhat bright, you might missed seeing them, since add a little bit more brightness, it will become white. If you're using rare weapon, damage would be almost the same like your usual damage too.

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2014, 09:16 AM
Oh, hmm.

Are the stance critical skills worth investing into?Are you using extended or common weapons? Cause they have really high damage variance.

It could also be that you're hitting different hitboxes on enemeis since they have different resistance rates and defense.

Those turqoise numbers are crits. But again, they're just doing your max possible damage against whatever you're hitting.

EDIT: and no, unless you're specifically going for a crit based build no crit skills are worth getting.

Moar EDIT: if you want to get a good idea of what crits look like without ruining a skill tree play braver with katana gear active since it gives you a boosted crit rate.

Achelousaurus
Sep 17, 2014, 09:26 AM
Much obliged.
PS: That's what I meant.
maybe Unlucky knows more than you, but it's you who ends up answering my questions :P

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2014, 09:37 AM
maybe Unlucky knows more than you, but it's you who ends up answering my questions :POnly because unlucky probably has a life.

milranduil
Sep 17, 2014, 09:53 AM
Only because unlucky probably has a life.

Let's be real none of us have lives... we're on psow after all :wacko:

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2014, 09:58 AM
Let's be real none of us have lives... we're on psow after all :wacko:

I have a life!

Somewhere...

I just can't seem to find it under all these empty bags of cheetos.

UnLucky
Sep 17, 2014, 10:37 AM
I haven't updated that thread in so many days that people are starting to assume the worst!

But it's exactly as Kondibon described: critical hits cannot normally exceed the damage you could deal otherwise. The crit rate gained by skills adds to the innate chance to deal the maximum value of your weapon's damage variance, regardless of your or your target's Dex.

Only Fighter's Critical Strike skill, or latent of a similar nature, will raise the damage of a critical hit beyond your natural range.

Under the same conditions when attacking the same part of the same enemy, the small white numbers representing a standard hit can precisely match every digit of the slightly larger blue numbers designating a critical hit. With a rare weapon (uncrafted) these values should never be too far apart.

Achelousaurus
Sep 17, 2014, 10:40 AM
Oh, I guess it's just hitting the weakspot or some other spot then.
Thanks as well.

Also, life just gets in the way of pso2.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 17, 2014, 11:26 AM
Oh, hmm.

You might be hitting weak points and if using a ranged weapon, you're getting headshots.

Chdata
Sep 22, 2014, 04:25 PM
If another players buffs your HP with deband via the Techer skill, and you cast deband on yourself even if you don't have the techer skill, you can prevent the HP buff from expiring.

This has implications of saying the same happens with critical strike. I'm not sure about the time limit though and whether or not you also keep the other player's extended assist time.

Sandmind
Sep 22, 2014, 07:26 PM
If another players buffs your HP with deband via the Techer skill, and you cast deband on yourself even if you don't have the techer skill, you can prevent the HP buff from expiring.

This has implications of saying the same happens with critical strike. I'm not sure about the time limit though and whether or not you also keep the other player's extended assist time.

My alt's FP is a TEHU that I use as a buff bot when I solo as BOFI or FOFI to get my greedy hand on that 3min buff time AND the the TE's upgrade version. Once she finally casted each one time, she is like any other FP, a mob distraction, since I can now refresh them myself.

I don't really keep track of my damage, so I cannot confirm shifta strike, but there would be no reason when Deband related buffs does.

Dephinix
Sep 22, 2014, 10:25 PM
Best buff stacks, and this combines to my knowledge. I kept my friend's Shifta Advance +10 while my extend assist went over. Same if vice versa. If I get bored and test Shifta strike later, I'll post again, but yeah, just have someone make a Techer main FP and keep recasting before it dies. I use this with Bouncer and it's shifta skill, so that's an easy 15% damage bonus just for being in the air.

Dephinix
Sep 24, 2014, 05:52 PM
Shifta Strike carries no matter who started. Deband obviously does, and I guess Deband toughness actually works on forces now. I mean, who else really needed it. :|

Chdata
Sep 24, 2014, 08:48 PM
Just to note: I was FoBr while maintaining the deband HP another FoTe gave me.