PDA

View Full Version : I Anticipated Jet Boots Would Be Fun, but...

Nikoshae
Aug 27, 2014, 10:16 PM
...oh my goodness lol

I've wanted to play a class that uses techniques for a long time, but the other weapons always felt a little boring to me (don't hate me!). And then comes along Jet Boots. Today has just been a dream come true lol ... a very mobile weapon that syncs well with techs to produce a wide variety of reactions to new situations in combat. The animations are just incredible, too. This is a weapon that very much suits my character, both through my own playstyle, and also the character's aesthetic. I am very much looking forward to the future of the weapon ... it's really ignited that spark I had for this game that was lost for a while.

Hope everyone's enjoying the new episode! See you all in-game. I'll be dancing in the clouds =p

Edit: Perhaps this topic would have been better suited for the Gameplay section. My goof.

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 27, 2014, 10:23 PM
...oh my goodness lol

I've wanted to play a class that uses techniques for a long time, but the other weapons always felt a little boring to me (don't hate me!). And then comes along Jet Boots. Today has just been a dream come true lol ... a very mobile weapon that syncs well with techs to produce a wide variety of reactions to new situations in combat. The animations are just incredible, too. This is a weapon that very much suits my character, both through my own playstyle, and also the character's aesthetic. I am very much looking forward to the future of the weapon ... it's really ignited that spark I had for this game that was lost for a while.

Hope everyone's enjoying the new episode! See you all in-game. I'll be dancing in the clouds =p

Edit: Perhaps this topic would have been better suited for the Gameplay section. My goof.

post a vid please? maybe?
i'm so curious right now.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2014, 10:33 PM
Remember that air gear OVA that was based off the part of the Manga where ikki first uses the wind regalia?

Basically that.

Sizustar
Aug 27, 2014, 10:38 PM

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24334013

Nikoshae
Aug 27, 2014, 10:39 PM

I don't have a way to record in-game, but I'm sure you can find videos on YouTube and such.

But it's like ... being able to dive in with one PA and land a bunch of kicks, and quickly dash backwards (applying/refreshing Deband), charging up a tech to refresh elemental affinity, dashing back in ... it's a lot of fun responding to combat with Jet Boots. I feel I can dive in and out of combat a lot easier; I was able to solo a Quartz Dragon that had over ten levels on me with relative ease (granted it was level 30-something, but ... c'mon. It's a Quartz Dragon. Give me credit lol).

Anyway, it's just a lot of fun. It's a fast-paced playstyle despite having a focus on techs.

Remember that air gear OVA that was based off the part of the Manga where ikki first uses the wind regalia?

Basically that.

ALL OF THIS lol

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 27, 2014, 10:47 PM

Basically that.

Aaaaaw shiettt

Asus better ship my laptop soon.

Edit, how about db's tho? I know thy are a bit less hype up, but still.

Gama
Aug 27, 2014, 10:55 PM
dual sabers are powerfull but, i dont find them as enjoyable/fun

Stickboy
Aug 28, 2014, 01:01 AM

this

sega, i am disappoint

GHNeko
Aug 28, 2014, 01:21 AM

Pretty much.

I dont even have to really use DBs a lot to know they're underwhelming compared to Jet Skates.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 28, 2014, 04:32 AM

Since when do people here play PSO2 for fun? :wacko:

Joking aside I find Jet Boots more fun as well so far but I haven't given Duals a good spin yet. Doesn't help on normal everything dies in 2 hits anyway so I don't even get any good testing done.

GHNeko
Aug 28, 2014, 05:26 AM
#JetSetRadio

If its not a boot, then it's a jooooke.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 28, 2014, 05:45 AM

It all about those Photon Blades. They just spread damage all over the place plus they get your PP back up fast.

This weapon IMO is one of those cases that its made or broken by its PAs, as its skills mainly just upgrade its attacks. But its pretty fun just dashing through enemies, stabbing them a million times in the face with blades of pure energy, even more so with Photon Blade Fever

CricketJam
Aug 28, 2014, 05:47 AM
Yeah jet boots are fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9LZbn9gOI

Ce'Nedra
Aug 28, 2014, 06:03 AM
Yeah jet boots are fun
PSO2- Jet Boots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9LZbn9gOI)

Basically this. I laughed so hard when I did this the first time.

Stickboy
Aug 28, 2014, 06:06 AM
the complexity and extra features of jet boots made it more interesting than dualblades

i mean, i just wasted all of my skill reset pass to make jet boots work properly

WNxTyr4el
Aug 28, 2014, 06:38 AM
Yeah jet boots are fun

How do you do that?!

Ce'Nedra
Aug 28, 2014, 06:41 AM
How do you do that?!

Cast Nazonde with Jet Boots and keep mashing the PA button, Nazonde goes on for like 10-20 seconds easily that way. Same for Nagrants but the Jet Boots flip of that is lame.

Sacrificial
Aug 28, 2014, 06:42 AM
I really enjoy the dblade gear. See how opinions are different? Which is great because it causes a wider set of playstyles.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 28, 2014, 06:54 AM
Cast Nazonde with Jet Boots and keep mashing the PA button, Nazonde goes on for like 10-20 seconds easily that way. Same for Nagrants but the Jet Boots flip of that is lame.

When you cast Tech with the boots, does it launch the tech from the boots? If it's a projectile that is. If it's AoE is the point of origin still the boots?

FerrickX
Aug 28, 2014, 07:17 AM
When you cast Tech with the boots, does it launch the tech from the boots? If it's a projectile that is. If it's AoE is the point of origin still the boots?

seems like most techs come from the boots, haven't tried charged techs like namegid though

Yden
Aug 28, 2014, 11:51 AM
Jet boots also have this interesting float feature while charging techs. If you hold the charge, you won't ever loose any height at the cost of moving extremely slow. No clue if this can come in use in anyway. Maybe you double jump and charge a tech to avoid luther's spinning blades?

GHNeko
Aug 28, 2014, 05:48 PM
You lose height loooooooool

Its gradual but you will eventually hit the ground.

And if you DJ from a float, you lose the float and need to recast and hold the tech to start floating again.

GALEFORCE
Aug 28, 2014, 05:54 PM
It's pretty useful being able to cancel the float. Air restas don't do anyone any good.

Sacrificial
Aug 28, 2014, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3KwaZPMzg&list=UULSsqsXB6o9p1uhjHjLIepg

Nikoshae
Aug 28, 2014, 07:24 PM
Yeah jet boots are fun

This should not be this funny BUT IT IS XD

From what I've seen the animation varies depending on the tech, but yeah, the techs either launch from the boots or involve your whole body. For example, Ilmegid, Ilgrants, and other projectile-type techniques are 'kicked' out of your boots, like you're kicking a football. Something like Resta, and other similar-styled AoE spells, involve you performing a backflip. And then there's Nazonde, which spins you right round, baby, right round, like a record, baby, right round, round, round.

ShinMaruku
Aug 28, 2014, 07:32 PM
Has anybody fit in a place for Ilfoi to be used on their jetboots? Because I don't see the disgusting damage that I normally put out with it.

TheMagickHat77
Aug 28, 2014, 07:45 PM
Yeah jet boots are fun

I lol'd. I'd been waiting for someone to use that song!

Dan Maku
Aug 28, 2014, 08:13 PM
Aaaaaw shiettt

Asus better ship my laptop soon.

Edit, how about db's tho? I know thy are a bit less hype up, but still.

They're serviceable, but nothing to spectacular.

It's all about the Jet Boots, bro!

Ce'Nedra
Aug 29, 2014, 01:41 AM

It's pretty much the same as using a Rod or Wand really, so you can assume all techs act the same way as using these weapons. Talis still seems the only exception to this.

Nazonde always been an AoE around your unless thrown of a Talis? Never tried Talis, only Rod and Wand and for these it's an AoE around you, same with Nagrants. This also applies to Jet Boots as shown in the video.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 29, 2014, 02:26 AM
As a level 13 Bouncer, with 1 Star Dual blades (not grinded), I killed a lvl 30 Gwanda (while solo in the 1000 pnt City quest), I had not spent any SP on any skills), using 3 different low level PA's.
So my opinion of Duel Blades is that they are awesome, and Bouncer overall is a pretty awesome class

Idolon
Aug 29, 2014, 01:18 PM
Jet boots also have this interesting float feature while charging techs. If you hold the charge, you won't ever loose any height at the cost of moving extremely slow. No clue if this can come in use in anyway. Maybe you double jump and charge a tech to avoid luther's spinning blades?

I tried this earlier on the GP quest which ends with Luther. You still get hit. (Not that it matters now that you can run fast enough to escape the blades even when running around the outside edge of the arena.)

GHNeko
Aug 29, 2014, 01:31 PM
You get hit, but you only get hit ONCE, meaning if you can survive a hit, you can get through it.

You'd be better off using gran wave and shifting immediately, and perhaps into another gran wave xx shift, since you can gain height thise way.