PDA

View Full Version : Game Download?

x_nayru
Aug 28, 2014, 08:15 AM
Hi!

So after a few months of getting bored waiting for PSO2 to come out in America and a few hours of being stuck on the captcha, I'm now all signed up and ready to go! Except, I can't download the game. The entire website seems to be down, in fact.

Reading over this website, it looks like they had problems earlier but they're resolved now... yet I still can't get in. Is there anything I can do besides 'be patient?' I just really want to play the game.

On a side note, how hard is it to 'get started?'

WNxTyr4el
Aug 28, 2014, 08:30 AM
Hi!

So after a few months of getting bored waiting for PSO2 to come out in America and a few hours of being stuck on the captcha, I'm now all signed up and ready to go! Except, I can't download the game. The entire website seems to be down, in fact.

Reading over this website, it looks like they had problems earlier but they're resolved now... yet I still can't get in. Is there anything I can do besides 'be patient?' I just really want to play the game.

On a side note, how hard is it to 'get started?'

It's odd on you can access the site and register but can't download from the site. There are ways around this though. They just require patience.

Go to www.arks-layer.com and download PSO2 Tweaker. You can download and install the game this way. It will just take a little longer than if you had the executable file yourself. Once that is done, be sure to perform a file check and install the English patches. There are step by step guides on that same website and plenty of people here willing to help.

As for getting started? I don't believe the tutorial is translated yet but if you connect via www.pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net (follow instructions on site) there will be a global chat available to you where people will gladly help you in game. But basically when in game go to the quest counter and start taking Arks Quests. You'll get some instruction after your first I believe.

The proxy is optional btw. It's for people who can't connect normally through Tweaker. I normally am fine at home but when I travel for business, I have to use the proxy so I leave it on. And it's good for finding parties so I leave it on at home too.

If you have any other questions let us know :)

x_nayru
Aug 28, 2014, 10:54 AM
Well, I downloaded the tweaker but it keeps crashing... which makes me think it's probabally my computer.

Thanks for your advice, though!

WNxTyr4el
Aug 28, 2014, 12:27 PM
Well, I downloaded the tweaker but it keeps crashing... which makes me think it's probabally my computer.

Thanks for your advice, though!

Make sure you run it as Admin. That may help. Also make sure you point it to the proper location of pso2_bin. No idea if that would cause it to crash but good things to check anyway :P. Refer to the chica below for Tweaker help.

Your anti virus may be blocking it too. Make sure you let it through all C$&!block systems on Windows (i.e. firewall, anti virus, etc).

Tweaker dev here - Where does it crash? Can you give me a bit more detail? :)

x_nayru
Aug 28, 2014, 02:32 PM
Well, it would say it was done downloading even if it wasn't, but would pick up downloading again if I closed and then reopened the window... Until it stopped that and started crashing as soon as I opened it.

I think I finally got it to work, though. -crosses fingers-

Sorry, I'm not the best with computers. You guys are being super helpful, though!

WNxTyr4el
Aug 28, 2014, 03:26 PM
Well, it would say it was done downloading even if it wasn't, but would pick up downloading again if I closed and then reopened the window... Until it stopped that and started crashing as soon as I opened it.

I think I finally got it to work, though. -crosses fingers-

Sorry, I'm not the best with computers. You guys are being super helpful, though!

I think it has to ping to Japan in order to get the data so it may hang every now and then. And yeah it may freeze. I've had it happen. But it seems coded as to not break anything if you have to force quit (props to AIDA). I had to force quit last night during the huge patch for Ep3 and nothing except my pre patches were lost. So hopefully you get in. Add M3phisto or 11011990 to your friends :). I'd be glad to help you out or get you into our team.

x_nayru
Aug 30, 2014, 10:29 AM
I downloaded the game but can't connect to the server (error 249). I'm assuming this means I need the proxy, but I can't connect to the proxy website either.