PDA

View Full Version : Help a newb affixer.

Helvetica Standard
Aug 28, 2014, 11:17 PM
So I got a Nasuyoteri not long ago, a rare drop; it had a single ability = shoot III.
I decided to try my luck with affixing since this is one pretty damn good endgame bow. HOWEVER... Affixing is a right scam..I've failed 95% 99%..what's next? Can you fail 100%? XD

Anyway I managed to affix Mizer soul (45% chance) and lost shoot III (88%..) yeah I know it's ridiculous...
Anyway I need help.. I'm really confused now.. and I risk losing Mizer just to affix shoot III back. Help? tips? btw, no I don't have the money for ability success 30% and I don't have 20 excubes XD

untrustful
Aug 28, 2014, 11:18 PM
You kinda need money and excubes to make successful grinds work.

GHNeko
Aug 28, 2014, 11:23 PM
Create fodder to affix to your bow.

Like i have hundreds of gunslashes with various affixes.

Let's say I want to have my weapon with Elder Soul, Tech 3, and Summer Fever.

I'd create some fodder using extremely cheap to affix weapons (like gunslash), and throw Elder Soul on both, Tech 3 on one and Summer Fever on the other.

Then if you can get Tech 3 on the base weapon, you use that and then the 2 fodders with double elder soul, Tech 3, and Summer Fever to try to affix up there.

This is just like a basic example.

Using same item bonus which is 1.15x to success rate is extremely useful.

So if you want to get shoot back without losing mizer soul, then you need to make fodder with Mizer Soul, so you have 3 mizer souls, and then Shoot 2 or 3 on both fodders.

You can also buy a Soul Receptor, and on the second fodder have Shoot 3. This is the easier (easiest really) route but its more expensive.

Sizustar
Aug 28, 2014, 11:27 PM

I'd create some fodder using extremely cheap to affix weapons (like gunslash), and throw Elder Soul on both, Tech 3 on one and Summer Fever on the other.

Then if you can get Tech 3 on the base weapon, you use that and then the 2 fodders with double elder soul, Tech 3, and Summer Fever to try to affix up there.

So if you want to get shoot back without losing mizer soul, then you need to make fodder with Mizer Soul, so you have 3 mizer souls, and then Shoot 2 or 3 on both fodders.

You can also buy a Soul Receptor, and on the second fodder have Shoot 3. This is the easier (easiest really) route but its more expensive.

Save your money and fodder till after the 9/3 maintance, when we get 10% affix and grind bonus.

Helvetica Standard
Aug 28, 2014, 11:27 PM

Many thanks for the help and the prompt reply ;D
I understand now! Will try this right away!

Sizustar
Aug 28, 2014, 11:28 PM
Also, you can use this calculator to see the success rate
http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/

Excube shouldn't really be a problem, if you do any TD, you can usually get 10~20 10* to trade for excube easily.