PDA

View Full Version : PC Problem running PSO2.

TheSouldier
Aug 29, 2014, 06:29 PM
So I recently bought my computer. I have a water cooler (Corsair H100i) and when I play PSO2 I get 100° (Celsius) on my CPU.

I didn't overclock my CPU yet. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this? Or if there's a reason for this.

Here are my specs:

CPU: i5-4690K @ 3.50 GHz
Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: Gigabyte GV-R929OC-4GD
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
PSU: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular
SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
HDD: 1TB WD Green
Case: NZXT M59

Thank you!

Aeris
Aug 29, 2014, 08:52 PM
Sounds like either you applied too little or too much thermal paste on the CPU or not have any there at all since you changed the cooling method, since you changed it its best to wipe off old thermal paste and apply a new spread of it when you do, also check to see if the fans are running and you have cooling liquid in the water cooling device you're running.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 29, 2014, 10:31 PM
Sounds like either you applied too little or too much thermal paste on the CPU or not have any there at all since you changed the cooling method, since you changed it its best to wipe off old thermal paste and apply a new spread of it when you do, also check to see if the fans are running and you have cooling liquid in the water cooling device you're running.

This.

While we're on the topic of fixing stuff with your PC, you sure you want to go with that PSU? Good brand, but the wattage is a little low to run all of that, especially if you have any ideas about upgrading or overclocking.

Aeris
Aug 30, 2014, 05:13 AM
Yeah i just noticed that as well, with the current gpu and water cooling method he has, he/she is gonna need at least 750W-850W+ for all of that otherwise they will get power throttling problems for devices that need a huge load like as for that gpu which needs at least 600W at min.