PDA

View Full Version : cant connect to pso2

darkfalz16
Aug 30, 2014, 10:49 AM
Hello, i havent played for quite a while since before the DDoS stuff ive tried the amazon method and through tweaker but i still get error 249 now matter what any help would be appreciated

SodaJunky
Aug 30, 2014, 05:36 PM
You wouldn't happen to have Comcast, would you?

darkfalz16
Aug 30, 2014, 05:54 PM
yes i have xfinity lol

SodaJunky
Aug 30, 2014, 08:32 PM
I posted a response in the other thread, but sadly comcast hasn't removed their ISP block yet like the other companies. No timeline as to when, since this is a Japanese service and likely isn't an immediate priority of theirs.

I ran into this problem a lot taking my vita to friend's houses that have comcast, and a couple of my friends I play with regularly can't log on from home either.

Maronji
Aug 30, 2014, 08:38 PM
sadly comcast hasn't removed their ISP block yet

No. Just... no. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220812)

EDIT: From the linked thread:
[spoiler-box]
As for what exactly seems to be happening, it seems as though Yahoo.jp did something to our normal operating route. As a direct result, the route has been doing some extremely strange shit, including creating and breaking paths between certain hosts rather frequently, and generally not propagating beyond networks too far from the host.

Something to note: This is not isolated to the PSO2 servers. This is effecting ALL IP addresses in the range, exactly 512 in total. (210.189.208.0 to 210.189.209.255).

I highly doubt SEGA owns 512 IP addresses.

Technically speaking, this is because Yahoo.jp started announcing these 512 (prefix /23 for those of you technically minded) addresses into two separate 256 address blocks (prefix /25), thus announcing their network in a form that most ISPs won't accept. (One of the DSLReports threads has more information on this).[/spoiler-box]

n_n
Aug 30, 2014, 09:26 PM
but sadly comcast hasn't removed their ISP block yet
Are you kidding me? People here still think ISPs are blocking access to PSO2?

BluexRose
Aug 30, 2014, 10:52 PM
Omgosh same problem is there nothing I can do

Jei182
Aug 31, 2014, 12:19 AM
Unless you change ISPs (or use a VPN), if you have xfinity you are basically out of luck. I really do hate missing out on the EP3 stuff but for now it isn't really worth paying for a VPN to play until I can play it on a better computer, and now I'm not even sure if that's going to work out anymore. Was really looking forward to it all too but I think we're just SOL without a VPN if we have comcast.

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 31, 2014, 12:40 AM
Are you kidding me? People here still think ISPs are blocking access to PSO2?

The way problems are solved in this kind of broad network troubleshooting, is by passing the "ticket" up the chain. You can't connect to a network resource, so you create the trouble ticket by talking to your ISP. The IT staff at said ISP then figures out whether or not it's a problem they can fix. If they find it has nothing to do with their own network, they pass the trouble ticket up the chain along the route to the network resource you can't access.

While it may not be the ISP that has the problem, the customer's ISP is who the customer needs to talk to, to resolve the problem.

BluexRose
Aug 31, 2014, 08:50 AM
I wonder if making a whole new pso account can fix it because honestly im not understanding the true problem or finding the best solution maybe calling a service provider could hrlp but whats your take on making a new account all together?

ashley50
Aug 31, 2014, 09:14 AM
I wonder if making a whole new pso account can fix it because honestly im not understanding the true problem or finding the best solution maybe calling a service provider could hrlp but whats your take on making a new account all together?
Excellent Idea.

SodaJunky
Aug 31, 2014, 09:57 AM
So what I gather in summary from what everyone is saying is this:
It's not an direct ISP block, but it is an ISP connection problem.

Is that right? (Mind, I'm not personally affected by this but many friends of mine are, so I'd like to relay any info I can.)

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 31, 2014, 10:37 AM
So what I gather in summary from what everyone is saying is this:
It's not an direct ISP block, but it is an ISP connection problem.

Is that right? (Mind, I'm not personally affected by this but many friends of mine are, so I'd like to relay any info I can.)

Pretty much. The ISPs can't find it, save for a select few.

SodaJunky
Aug 31, 2014, 10:53 AM
Nn. If that's the case, there's some hope the issue will be resolved eventually after all. Good news.

FerrickX
Aug 31, 2014, 11:49 AM

yes, make a new account, and delete your old one, that'll fix every single problems in the world

TauAkiou
Aug 31, 2014, 12:12 PM
The problem I seem to have isolated is that Yahoo.jp, the ISP that hosts the network the PSO2 servers are running on, are doing some exceedingly stupid things that messed up the way routes are being announced to half the world.

Essentially, this isn't the fault of our ISPs. This is Yahoo.jp's fault (and to an extent SEGA's fault for paying these morons). This is the direct result of Yahoo.jp's brilliant 'idea' for preventing DDOS, and the result is a willing suspension of proper networking practice for a system that, at least I believe, will barely protect them from another DDOS if someone decides to attack them again.

The side effect is that most of our ISPs aren't receiving routing information from the system servicing the PSO2 IP ranges, presumably because the system announcing the routes is violating established BGP guidelines and is being filtered. There could be other reasons, too, but these are the most likely.

Since we aren't obligated to receive support from SEGA, this is likely working as intended and nothing will probably be done about it. Making a new account won't do anything, since this problem doesn't exist on that end.

BluexRose
Sep 2, 2014, 09:06 PM
yes, make a new account, and delete your old one, that'll fix every single problems in the world
Cant make a new account because my computer cant connect to Japanese webite how " surprising " -_-

Tyruka
Sep 12, 2014, 01:21 PM
Eh By now most of us who can't connect had either lost hope or just uninstalled it in 'hopes' for the release of the US release, Even I myself been considering giving up hope, lol. -sigh- Been wanting to try out the new class also :(

Cryonix
Sep 12, 2014, 03:09 PM
Cant make a new account because my computer cant connect to Japanese webite how " surprising " -_-

Making a new account isn't going to solve anything. This isn't an account issue.