PDA

View Full Version : What sort of skills for Bouncer would you like to see in the future?

Takatsuki
Aug 31, 2014, 09:10 AM
Just another fun thread to come up with potential skill tree ideas.

Try and keep it somewhat realistic though.

Tech JA Variant - Increases power of JA'd Techs when you use different Techs in the same combo. (5 levels, increase depends on how long you keep JAing different Techs)

Rapid Boost PP Variant - Reduces PP cost of Techs during Rapid Boost when using different Techs in the same JA'd combo. (5 levels, -1 PP per level, only works during Rapid Boost)

Elemental Burst PP Recover - Recovers PP when hitting enemies with Elemental Burst (1 point, +1 PP for each enemy you hit).

Elemental Burst Expansion - When Gear gauge is maxed and Elemental Burst is used, increases it's AOE to double it's normal size. (1 point)

Jet Boots Strike Advance - Increases your T-ATK when Jet Boots Strike is enabled (5 points, +20 T-ATK per level)

Auto-Resta - Automatically uses (uncharged) Resta when HP is low. (5 points, 20% chance per level)

Auto-Anti - Automatically uses Anti when afflicted with a status effect, including Freeze. (5 points, 20% chance per level)

Megiverse Advance - Increases the HP regeneration factor and duration of Megiverse. (5 points, +10% (of Megiverse's value, not your total HP) HP regeneration per level, +1 second of Megiverse per level.)

Stickboy
Aug 31, 2014, 09:14 AM
i was wondering about the 2nd and 3rd shift on jet boots though

The Walrus
Aug 31, 2014, 09:26 AM
Something that lets me alter Dual Blade elements would be nice

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 31, 2014, 09:33 AM
You took a lot of good ideas lol. But what abour the Dual Blades, do they get love?

Photon Blade Seeker: 1 point, Photon Blades hone in on Locked-On target

Photon Blade PP Share: When allies attack enemies you've struck with Photon Blades, both you and allies recover PP. (5 points)

PB Element Conversion: When striking enemies with Photon Blades, changes the element of equipped dual blades to match the enemies weak element. (not sure if this should be 1 point of 5 points with max at 5 being 100%)

EDT: I did not see your post before coming up with PB Element Conversion Lord Derpington, but is this what you had in mind?

Shiyo
Aug 31, 2014, 09:33 AM
BR's attack advance so TE's can sub BO without doing 50% less damage.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2014, 09:34 AM
More fields, with more unique effects, and the current ones being stronger at level 1 (i.e. critical field would be 20%->30%, not 5%->30%; duration could stay the same as it is now).

Although, I'm much more interested in new PAs than new skills.

GHNeko
Aug 31, 2014, 09:37 AM
CRAFT MASTERY 2

CRAFT MASTERY CRITICAL

UHHH

Elemental Stance S - 10 levels. Each level gives you a 1% chance of inflicting a status effect based on the current element, without needing an affix.

Deband Ground Boost - 5 levels. Raises your defense by 1% per level for as long as your own the ground while under deband's effects.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 31, 2014, 10:02 AM
CRAFT MASTERY 2

CRAFT MASTERY CRITICAL

UHHH

Elemental Stance S - 10 levels. Each level gives you a 1% chance of inflicting a status effect based on the current element, without needing an affix.

Deband Ground Boost - 5 levels. Raises your defense by 1% per level for as long as your own the ground while under deband's effects.

That Deband ground boost so OP. If you want to be immortal like Hunter, why don't you just say so? :)

Maenara
Aug 31, 2014, 12:20 PM
You can damage an enemy with Jet Boots double jump, so:

•Jump Advance: Passive skill, max level 1; Successfully damaging an enemy by double jumping(Referred to as stomping from this point on) does not use your double jump, allowing you to jump again, unless the same enemy is stomped twice in a row.
•Stomp Advance: Passive skill, max level 5: Increase the damage dealt to enemies by stomps by 200/400/600/800/1000%.
•Stomp Crush: Passive skill, max level 5: Stomping an enemy may inflict Zalure for 5/10/15/20/30 seconds, reducing their defensive stats by 10/20/30/40/50%. 5/10/15/20/25% proc rate. Rate halved against bosses, but no boss is immune to it.
•Stomp Stun: Passive skill, max level 1: Stomping an enemy will apply stun 50% of the time. No effect on enemies immune to stun.
•Stomp Bind: Passive skill, max level 1: Stomping an enemy will apply Bind status 50% of the time.
•Stomp Extra: Passive skill, max level 1: A JA'd stomp doubles the proc rate of Stomp Crush, Stomp Stun, and Stomp Bind.
•Just Stomp: Passive skill, max level 1: All attacks performed after a successful stomp become Just Attacks until you touch the ground or perform another jump. Referred to as Just Stomps.
•Stomp Bonus: Passive skill, max level 5: Defeating an enemy with stomps or Just Stomps recovers 10/11/14/19/25 PP and 20/23/28/35/50% of maximum HP. Does not apply multiple times for simultaneous kills.

Craft skills:

•Craft Bonus S: Passive skill, max level 1: With a crafted weapon equipped, increase the maximum duration of Shifta on yourself by 60 seconds.
•Craft Bonus D: Passive skill, max level 1: Increase all bonuses granted to yourself by Deband, including bonuses added by supplemental skills(such as Deband Toughness) by 1/3 for each crafted unit equipped. (E.G.: With 3 crafted units and maxed Deband Cut and Deband Toughness, you get 30% damage reduction and 50% additional HP as opposed to 15% and 25% respectively).
•Craft Special: Passive skill, max level 10: With crafted units and/or weapon equipped, reduce the cooldown time of all skills by 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10% for each crafted item equipped(40% reduction with 3 units and weapon).
•Craft EX: Passive skill, max level 10: With a crafted weapon equipped, your minimum damage variance is allowed to pass 90% and even 100%, given high enough DEX. When passing 100%, your minimum damage variance is then treated as your maximum. However, it is still the value altered by DEX values, the 100% will always be 100% even while it's the minimum. Maximum damage variance allowed is 100~100/100~110/100~120/100~130/100~145/100~160/100~175/100~195/100~220/100%~250%. Note that this skill does not actually change your variance, it only allows it to get that high so long as your DEX is high enough and the enemy's is low enough.
•Craft Extend Critical Bonus: Passive skill, max level 5: With a crafted weapon equipped, increase critical hit rate by a percentage equal to the extension level, capping out at +5/8/12/18/25%.

Others:

•DEX High Up: Max level 5: Increase base DEX by 40/60/80/100/120.
•DEX Leech Field: Active skill, max level 5: Generate a debuffing field which reduces the DEX of enemies inside it by 40/50/60/75/100% and adds the cumulative total DEX taken to the DEX of each ally inside the field as well. Same duration and cooldown as the other Field skills at the same levels.
•DEX Stat Bonus: Passive skill, max level 10: Add 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10% of your DEX to your equipped weapon's S/R/T-Atk.
•Photon Blade Annihilation(Warning, very complicated skill): Active skill, max level 5, Dual Blades:
[spoiler-box]For a short time, null all forms of regaining PP(All means ALL, automatic, manual, normal attacks, photon blades, bonuses granted from skills, anything). During this time, all PP that would have been gained is diverted and temporarily stored. At the end of the duration, generate a massive photon blade(the size of swords during Over End) from the stored PP and use it to perform 1 of two attacks depending on which button you push next: PA button: Spin the blade around you in a single circle. Normal attack button: Launch the blade in a straight line towards the current target, piercing through all obstacles. All enemies hit take massive damage which scales to the amount of PP stored. 100/250/450/700/1000 maximum PP stored. 20/22/24/26/30 second duration. 180 second cooldown(all levels). The damage multiplier is 200% for each 100 PP stored. At 1000 PP stored, instead of 20x damage, the blade deals 100x damage, generally more than enough to one shot bosses. However, reaching this amount is especially tricky.[/spoiler-box]

Some values would more than likely need to be tweaked for balance etcetera etcetera.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2014, 12:42 PM
Oh, a couple skill ideas I've had tossing around. Mix and match ideas to fit your idea of balance at your leisure.

Elemental Polarity: Changes your weapon's element. Fire to ice, ice to fire; lightning to wind, wind to lightning; light to dark, dark to light. Active, like a stance. Maybe mainclass exclusive? Or reduces the element when converting, and restores it when deactivating. Maybe adds it as a reduced second element instead of changing it.

Break High Up: +x atk during Break Stance.

Break Weak Combo: During Break Stance, breakable parts count as weak points for the purpose of activating Weak Hit Advance & Weak Stance, without otherwise raising the damage (a 1x hitbox still counts as 1x, just now with WHA or WS active too). Only matters if the part isn't already a weak point.

Break Shrapnel: Breaking an enemy part reduces resistances of nearby enemies

Break Substitute: Enemies without breakable parts take more damage on their weakest points (so an oodan's head takes more damage from all damage types since it's weak to ratk, or cores on micdas since every other part has higher resistances)

Break Bind: Breaking an enemy part binds the enemy

Break Boost: Breaking an enemy part buffs your damage for x time (and nearby players?)
or
Break Chain: Breaking parts raises a counter that raises your damage (against that enemy? other enemies?)

Break PP Restorate: Attacking a breakable part restores PP, even if using a PA. Up to +3, only once per attack (so multi-hit moves only recover 3pp no matter how many hits land).

Break Critical Advance: Criticals deal x% more damage to breakable parts (I'm thinking a big amount, like 30-50%. Let's make that critical field skill a better fit with Break Stance.)

Breakable Blades: Any part pierced with a photon blade counts as a breakable part (or does it already work this way? it should).

Hrith
Aug 31, 2014, 01:32 PM
Something to increase the duration of S/D, maybe? It's annoying to be stuck with 1:00 as BO/FI.

Rien
Aug 31, 2014, 02:05 PM
The problem is the incredible number of active abilities and a lack of I-frames. Jet Boots and Dual Blades close gaps via PAs, which every class does except Braver's Katana Combat autoattack dash, which Jet Boots already do.

Don't get me wrong, each class has almost 3-4 active skills a class, but they're split up by their trees. A bouncer? Field, Stance and fever/rapid boost already makes 3. God help you if you're using Switch Strike, too. The only one equal to that is Hunter with stance/warcry/massive dick hunter.

Jet Boots:

Lock-on Float: Passive. When mid-air and locked onto something, you will fly upwards/downwards towards it with Jet Boots when pressing the forward key.

Boost Engine: Passive. When Rapid Boost is active, move up to triple in-combat move speed on ground and double in air.

Burst Combo: Passive. Elemental Burst will now execute when using weapon action after an attack (not PA)

Burst Escape: Passive. During Burst Combo and Elemental Burst, get iframes for x seconds (max level being the entire Burst Combo)

Auto JB Switch: After an attack or PA, instantly change gear to use element your current target is weak to. If none, does not change.

Dual Blades:

Blade Control: Dual Blade Gear Photon Blades are now homing.

Fever Extra: During Photon Blade Fever, PAs will shoot extra Photon Blades. Expends Gear, 1 bar a PA.

Fever Mania: Gear remains filled for x seconds of Photon Blade Fever (time is exact same as pb fever by level).

General Skills:

Break Chase: Deals % extra damage to enemies with parts broken based on % of their maximum number of parts broken. Maxes at full break.

Void Chase: On enemies without an elemental weakness, deal % more damage.

Share Return: Allies healed (not by you) give you % of what they are healed. Does not apply to mate items.

This way, JB and DB both have spammable iframes just like a hunter has JG, a Braver has Counter and Katana Combat and a Gunner has stylish roll.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2014, 02:28 PM
Something to increase the duration of S/D, maybe? It's annoying to be stuck with 1:00 as BO/FI.

It is a bit annoying, but if you integrate the respective jetboot PAs into your combos it works out. Not as much for DB, but yeah.

UnLucky
Aug 31, 2014, 02:53 PM
I'm loath to add more active skills, but there should be a way to flip enemy resistances into weaknesses.

Like a taunt/bullet/field, tied to Photon Fever/Element Stance, or just plain passive I'm not sure.

But however it works, it would force any attribute resistance (i.e. <1.0x) into 1.01-1.05x instead. Wouldn't touch anything the target is already weak or neutral to. And sure let's make it work for Strike/Shooting too.

Or to not be totally busted for failed XQ floors and certain bosses with incredibly high resistances, make it give 10-30% more damage against resistances in a way that would proc weakness skills against 80-90% resistances but not for anything less than 70% (you'd still do more than normal, it just wouldn't count as weak).

Otokonokotron
Aug 31, 2014, 04:10 PM
I would like to see the size of female bouncer chests contributing to just attack bonuses :D

Kilich
Aug 31, 2014, 04:37 PM
Photon blades that miss, stay stuck in the ground. All photon blades can be blown up.
Gear Lovers, instead of having PAs, they act like modifiers to how and at how many you fire blades with shift.

Shift activates charge escape, allowing to instantly use precharged tech.

Chdata
Aug 31, 2014, 07:25 PM
Oh, a couple skill ideas I've had tossing around. Mix and match ideas to fit your idea of balance at your leisure.

That reminds me of this thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3054848&postcount=11
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3054987&postcount=25
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3110721&postcount=34

PAs for mallets:

Shatter Defense - Literally lowers defensive stats of enemies hit by it, a lot. Will hit through Wonda shields, but not break or nullify them.

Shield Crush - Resistant enemy parts become a damage multiplier. If Micda's body resists damage by a 0.6 multiplier, your damage becomes 1.4x while they don't resist anything. (Essentially, a 2.33x multiplier against that part). Only applies to you. Targets the most resistant part. Against tougher enemies or bosses, it's less likely to proc. Perhaps, the damage bonus is anywhere between 1.0x and 1.4x. On the other hand, weak points become 1.0x.

Something that inflicts a status that changes enemy resist multipliers to 1.0x

I guess I semi-predicted the changes to FI and addition of BO.

One thing for Photon Blades:

- Flowering Night - Similar to ice detonation, all photon blades in enemies glow red then explode.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 31, 2014, 08:46 PM
I would like to see the size of female bouncer chests contributing to just attack bonuses :D

I see wut you did there.

Takatsuki
Aug 31, 2014, 08:53 PM
Some more ideas:

Critical Field Inversion - Enemies who stand inside your Critical Field range have their chance of performing critical hits reduced. 5 Points, 20% per level.

Element Guard - When using Jet Boots, you will gain elemental resistance to whatever element is imbued into your weapon at the moment, for example having Fire attacks will increase your Fire resistance. 5 points, 2% per level.

JRDeBo
Aug 31, 2014, 09:39 PM
For me, a skill that lets you use t-atk for DBs.

No clue why they have a skill that lets you use S-atk for JBs but not the other way around for DBs.

Gardios
Aug 31, 2014, 09:48 PM
I feel like they Bouncer would've been better off if they ditched Shifta and Deband completely and focused completely on fields instead. One active field skill with several other passive skills that give the field additional effects. Instead of Shifta/Deband weapon action, invoke a short duration field with all passive effects applied to it as well as slight power/defence buff for the Strike Gust/Grand Wave field respectively.

Let Shifta/Deband be Techer's focus so Techer and Bouncer don't compete for the buff application.

Shiyo
Aug 31, 2014, 10:11 PM
Please stop suggesting active skills until subpalettes can be put on the side of my screen or we can use multiple at once like every other MMO creasted since 2006.

Mines full.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 31, 2014, 10:23 PM
Please stop suggesting active skills until subpalettes can be put on the side of my screen or we can use multiple at once like every other MMO creasted since 2006.

Mines full.

What about the guys who use gamepads for this, like moi? Subpalettes on the side wouldn't help me.

But yeah, bouncer has enough freaking active skills as it is. More passsives needed.

Shiyo
Aug 31, 2014, 10:24 PM
I use gamepad too, and it'd still be better than the current option of 10 only.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 31, 2014, 10:28 PM
I use gamepad too, and it'd still be better than the current option of 10 only.

Well I switch subpalletes fairly easy. I usually shove stances and PB blasts into a subpallete I don't use often since those skills are seldom touched (you activate stance then go on your mission). I also shove Telepipes in my unused subpallete.
That way I keep only my often used items and skills in my main subpallete, to conserve space. Perhaps we could have the option to display all the subpalletes at once or use the current system?

But no, SEGA won't do that. Its a good idea that makes so much sense. :wacko:

Hrith
Sep 1, 2014, 04:33 AM
It is a bit annoying, but if you integrate the respective jetboot PAs into your combos it works out. Not as much for DB, but yeah.Yeah, but the finisher for Gran Wave is not very practical, so Shifta (Strike Gust) is okay, but not Deband. As bouncer, I want Deband more than Shifta >_>

I guess I'm still spoiled by the very long duration of S/D in previous PS games.

Maenara
Sep 1, 2014, 07:27 AM
Amplify: Stance skill(does not interfere with Elemental Stance or Break Stance), max level 1: While active, double the effects and duration of Shifta and Deband on yourself. However, while active, receiving Shifta will cancel Deband, and vice versa, meaning only one can be used at a time.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 1, 2014, 11:18 AM
A mainclass only skill that changes dual blade element.
Lasting shifta being integrated into crit field.
Lasting deband being integrated into element field.

gigawuts
Sep 1, 2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but the finisher for Gran Wave is not very practical, so Shifta (Strike Gust) is okay, but not Deband. As bouncer, I want Deband more than Shifta >_>

I guess I'm still spoiled by the very long duration of S/D in previous PS games.

For nearby buffing I tend to use gran wave, then immediately alt fire and normal attack. It keeps me in range. For combat buffing, I wait until the PA is done then alt fire -> normal attack to stay put.

Hrith
Sep 1, 2014, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it's the same strategy I used to stay in range after Symphonic Drive, and it's even easier to do with Gran Wave. One tick gives me 45 seconds (Adrenaline), but I still think it was not the best idea to have such a technique after such a move. Strike Gust is perfect, really.

Now here's to hoping we get a PA with a Megiverse finisher next...

Terrence
Sep 1, 2014, 12:43 PM
Something that lets me alter Dual Blade elements would be nice
^ THIS ^

Those clones of Shadow the Hedgehog are allowed to use ES + EWH with only one fucking weapon whereas we (DB users) need six to cover all elements. This is BULLSHIT !!!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 2, 2014, 01:03 AM
^ THIS ^

Those clones of Shadow the Hedgehog are allowed to use ES + EWH with only one fucking weapon whereas we (DB users) need six to cover all elements. This is BULLSHIT !!!

Just staring at a skill calculator again, and I just can't shake how bad I want a skill to change DB element. I mean seriously, a skill like elemental stance, and elemental pp restore field makes sense on a tech-focused class, or at least be accompanied with a stance that's effective in more general situations, but too much of the skill tree feels like they only had support for one weapon in mind; boots.

Outside of painful point costs, average/weak stance, and brave/wise are examples of stances that support all weapons for the class. Break stance is shit alternative to elemental stance outside of killing elder.

We could either have a skill that changes DB element (which would be a cooler option thematically, and gives purpose to element PP restore field for blade-users), or at least a skill tacked on to break stance like... "shrapnel: while in break stance you deal ~35% more damage to enemies with one, or more broken parts", but damn... how long do we have to wait for them to see that blades are pretty much neglected by their own class' skill tree, and fix it?