PDA

View Full Version : Currently what is the best subclass for bow braver.

munekun
Aug 31, 2014, 09:06 PM
As of now which do you think is a better subclass for a pure bow braver? I am currently subbing hunter but i am thinking of changing to sub ranger as i would like to do more damage on bosses specifically, but since i don't know the game that well i'd rather ask the opinion of people who know more about it than I.

Dark Ace
Aug 31, 2014, 09:09 PM
Gu(chain) or Ra(weak bullet)

munekun
Aug 31, 2014, 09:23 PM
Gu(chain) or Ra(weak bullet)

I didn't ever consider gunner, Is it as good as ranger? Could you explain a little bit if you get the chance as i'm not familiar with gunner at all or what how chain works.

Daiyousei
Aug 31, 2014, 09:24 PM
There's also weak hit that got buffed and zero range (not buffed but still good) aside from their main chain and weak bullet.

final_attack
Aug 31, 2014, 09:56 PM
IMO, if you can get Ra equip-able bow, RaBr can be better for Bow user. Since Ra got Sharpshooter. Good for long range Banish - Master Shoot - Last Nemesis

Nikoshae
Aug 31, 2014, 11:03 PM
I usually use either Ranger for Weak Bullet and innate ranged benefits, or Hunter for Fury Stance.

AlaskanKactus
Aug 31, 2014, 11:07 PM
I would say Ranger because of Weak Hit Advance, Killing Bonus, and Weak Bullet.

I highly suggest you go Ra/Br, that gives you Sharp Shooter and Rare Mastery.

Weak Hit Advance + Weak Stance + Weak Bullet + Crushing Blow potential = OP

Helvetica Standard
Sep 1, 2014, 02:20 AM
With RA as sub you have to rely on standing snipe and weak hit + wb. Also you'd need to either switch to RA and equip a multi class bow (those suck btw) or equip a multi class rifle for WB.
Ranger bonuses are not that great except for pp recover after killing mobs.

I DON'T recommend weak stance for 2 reasons.
1. You said you don't know the game that well and WS requires precise aiming and control, also TPS view.
2. Weak stance works well really only on bosses with lots of weak points. You'll have a terrible time against armored enemies.

IMO, stay hunter and max fury stance. also include avg stance which stacks with fury for extra damage. Also bear in mind that HU attk carries over to Tritt shooter and Kamikaze, making them extremely deadly when subbing HU. Also don't sub GU, as it is one of the worst match ups for braver as it relies on high rate of fire which the bows don't have.

If you'd like to deal more dmg to weakspots, then get a Nasuyoteri or Southern Cross and pot. them to lv3 getting 7% increase to weakspot damage. Get units that boost R attk and pp, and you're good to go as a Br/Hu.

UnLucky
Sep 1, 2014, 02:52 AM
Ranger, hands down. WHA alone is more than Fury, then you've got SS, First Hit, and Sharp Shooter if you go Ra/Br. Well, and, you know, Weak Bullet.

Weak Stance is stronger than Average, and headshots or other weak points are even more damage. You're going to want to hit those no matter what build you have.

The_Brimada
Sep 1, 2014, 04:35 AM
With RA as sub you have to rely on standing snipe and weak hit + wb. Also you'd need to either switch to RA and equip a multi class bow (those suck btw) or equip a multi class rifle for WB.
Ranger bonuses are not that great except for pp recover after killing mobs.

I DON'T recommend weak stance for 2 reasons.
1. You said you don't know the game that well and WS requires precise aiming and control, also TPS view.
2. Weak stance works well really only on bosses with lots of weak points. You'll have a terrible time against armored enemies.

IMO, stay hunter and max fury stance. also include avg stance which stacks with fury for extra damage. Also bear in mind that HU atk carries over to Tritt shooter and Kamikaze, making them extremely deadly when subbing HU. Also don't sub GU, as it is one of the worst match ups for braver as it relies on high rate of fire which the bows don't have.

If you'd like to deal more dmg to weakspots, then get a Nasuyoteri or Southern Cross and pot. them to lv3 getting 7% increase to weakspot damage. Get units that boost R attk and pp, and you're good to go as a Br/Hu.

See bolded. You do realize Southern Cross IS an all class bow, right? Also Vibras Bow is a decent RA and HU equip-able bow and Bio Bow is a decent all class bows as well. Also as Unlucky said you should be aiming for weak spots regardless for a bow build so go Weak Stance. For armored enemies, just use Weak Bullet. To the OP, if you want to go pure bow you should go BR/RA. However, it would be better to eventually go RA/BR instead for sharpshooter since it is Ranger main class only.

Achelousaurus
Sep 1, 2014, 06:44 AM
What's a good general purpose Braver bow (dmg boost or fast PP recovery)?

Also, a friend of mine plays Ra/Br and says he gets 15-30k with a normal shot, how does that work?
All the ranger weakpoint boosts and aiming properly (aka not feasible for me .-.)?

Anything to change about this bow build?
Seems like the skil simulator is down so I used a jp one:
http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simulator/?code=5Kv.5VU.5Xw.5Z1.60K.6fg.6gN.6ip.6k6.6lD.6nf. 6oN.6A7.7*10-1E.1*10

That 5 point Charge Shoot ability above Rapid Shoot Mastery is the one raising dmg for normal bow attacks?
But charged normal attacks only?