PDA

View Full Version : Br/Bo vs Br/Hu main katana?

suzaku0zero0
Sep 3, 2014, 08:20 AM
Br/hu's main benefit is the fury and JA boost,
But as Br/Bo. U get the benefit for higher crit rate (on specific body parts) and pp regen (not sure if you can use photon blades while using katana)
And with. 175dex mag, br mag and Bo mag, you have a high damage range

My question is if br/Bo is more viable than br/Hu after the rebalance? Especially when mainly using katana
Any difference I am missing?

Edit: u can also use tech as br/Bo so just attach a all class rod/boots and u can do melee, range and tech damage. Not sure how well it works but it's bound tobe a lot of fun

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 3, 2014, 08:41 AM
Br/hu's main benefit is the fury and JA boost,
But as Br/Bo. U get the benefit for higher crit rate (on specific body parts) and pp regen (not sure if you can use photon blades while using katana)
And with. 175dex mag, br mag and Bo mag, you have a high damage range

My question is if br/Bo is more viable than br/Hu after the rebalance? Especially when mainly using katana
Any difference I am missing?

Edit: u can also use tech as br/Bo so just attach a all class rod/boots and u can do melee, range and tech damage. Not sure how well it works but it's bound tobe a lot of fun

I'm a BR/BO, and I'll be honest with you. When it comes to striking damage, BR/HU will win (dat fury stance). You do get 175 S-ATK with a 175 DEX MAG with the MAG skills, but that's 5 SP on each tree you have to use. Also, if you use crafted stuff, you're not gonna get the damage range of rares, even with all that DEX. The crit skills and critical field of BO help, but you're not gonna get back to that 90-100% (I will say though that you can get more crit with BR/BO than with BR/HU: 75% (with crit field on) vs 45%. However, its easier to stack crit with BR/HU than BR/BO because of how conditional the stances on BO are).

So while BR/HU beats BR/BO in striking, BR/BO has more flexibility. Seeing as how you can use range, melee, and tech, it allows you to fill in any role in a party (although techers still win for support, and ranger has that WB still). But for someone who's main is katana, you should focus on your Striking damage potential.

Summary: BR/HU beats BR/BO in striking, so if you plan on maining katana, go for that. BR/BO or BO/BR is more for people who want to be jack-of-all-trades players.

suzaku0zero0
Sep 3, 2014, 09:33 AM
but as br/bo u can also use shifta and deband, and bo's tree also have shifta and deband related boost

Hexxy
Sep 3, 2014, 10:02 AM
but as br/bo u can also use shifta and deband, and bo's tree also have shifta and deband related boost

It isn't nearly enough to cover the loss of Fury. Bouncer skill tree simply does not make up for it. You also have to continuously reapply shifta/deband in order to make full use of them, and their duration is very short.

On top of that, /hu has SATK 2 and SATK 3 which are easily maxed and cap at 75 and 100 satk respectively, which already beats shifta (as it is a bigger boost and permanent).

Sacrificial
Sep 3, 2014, 10:55 AM

that boost is only if you are airborne.

Achelousaurus
Sep 3, 2014, 11:38 AM
It isn't nearly enough to cover the loss of Fury. Bouncer skill tree simply does not make up for it. You also have to continuously reapply shifta/deband in order to make full use of them, and their duration is very short.

On top of that, /hu has SATK 2 and SATK 3 which are easily maxed and cap at 75 and 100 satk respectively, which already beats shifta (as it is a bigger boost and permanent).
Hmm.
First I thought it's a terribad idea cause you have to sacrifice Iron Will and Step Advance.
But for lack of Iron Will you just gotta gitgud.
Step Advance is important though, especially on your main subclass, to counter the frequent lag (6-7/10 times for me).

I'd rather use something like this (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0 j2OdBIbkAI3I2ib8JksNI2000000doIn0000008doib0000006 do000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000000f ), getting some dmg boost but at lest 1 point in Iron Will (30% is very nice already) and maxing Step Advance while still getting 92 extra satk (or 1 point less in step advance for 105 extra satk).