PDA

View Full Version : B-20 reputation

Deidaku
Sep 4, 2014, 02:08 AM
Hey guys;

I've been seeing around on mumtiple occasions that B-20 ( probably ship 2) has a bad reputation.

Why so?

un1t27
Sep 4, 2014, 02:10 AM
Most of the english players from B-20 say the most outlandish shit on daily basis... and most of them suck ass in general at this game.

Kondibon
Sep 4, 2014, 02:15 AM
Sturgeon's Law.

A large chunk of the english community congregates there. Many people who would go to a specific block just to meet other english players tend to be the types who aren't as knowledgeable about the japanese side of things, which by extension makes them less knowledgeable about the game in general.

That's not to say that everyone on B-20 are terrible, just that the people who are would be more likely to go to b-20 for the same reason people go to Ship 2 in the first place.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 4, 2014, 02:17 AM
I've always been unsure as to why B-20 has any reputation whatsoever outside of having a bunch of scrubs playing on it. I hear that people there never shutup, but all I have ever noted while being there is that the people have the personalities of NPC's and don't really say much of anything, it's just a bunch of harmless pixels sitting around for the most part.

Kondibon
Sep 4, 2014, 02:19 AM
I've always been unsure as to why B-20 has any reputation whatsoever outside of having a bunch of scrubs playing on it. I hear that people there never shutup, but all I have ever noted while being there is that the people have the personalities of NPC's and don't really say much of anything, it's just a bunch of harmless pixels sitting around for the most part.People get plenty talkative around peak time.

What people don't know is that the JP players have a hang out block too. b-201. :P

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2014, 02:20 AM
I've always been unsure as to why B-20 has any reputation whatsoever outside of having a bunch of scrubs playing on it. I hear that people there never shutup, but all I have ever noted while being there is that the people have the personalities of NPC's and don't really say much of anything, it's just a bunch of harmless pixels sitting around for the most part.

This,

Just avoid B-20 for EMQ's and they ain't yo problem. 1-5 reddit personality people =/= the whole block being full of retarded trolls. These guys have less personality than a jp player that doesn't know english who communicates with you through dance emotes. On top of simply being afk 90% of the time.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 4, 2014, 02:22 AM
I don't consider a total of 15 people out of 100 chatting to be talkative. Then again, I actually respond to people who speak in lobbies and don't just awkwardly run off or say "o.o", so the subjectivity of whats considered talkative could be an issue here.

Kondibon
Sep 4, 2014, 02:26 AM
I don't consider a total of 15 people out of 100 chatting to be talkative. Then again, I actually respond to people who speak in lobbies and don't just awkwardly run off or say "o.o", so the subjectivity of whats considered talkative could be an issue here.Well I meant relatively. You rarely see people actually having actual conversations on other blocks at all. (or at least thats how it used to be)

Still I think the whole reputation it has is from early on when all the annoying people hung out spamming SAs and annoying the heck out of everyone. Between the age of the game and the ISP issues recently there's less english players. The ones who didn't bother using a proxy are probably the same ones who only logged on to talk to people anyway.

Or something.

Shinamori
Sep 4, 2014, 02:32 AM
I personally avoid B-20. It use to be a decent block, but once everyone got tired of waiting for the never release of PSo2 West, they moved on to the JP version. So now, you got all these new players who don't know anything thinking a Blue Katana is a good weapon.

Chdata
Sep 4, 2014, 02:40 AM

Because when you try to EQ with them most of the time it was time you regretted if you're used to actually doing well.

B20 is only good for a chatroom with EN players outside your team.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 4, 2014, 02:50 AM
Because when you try to EQ with them most of the time it was time you regretted if you're used to actually doing well.

"outside of having a bunch of scrubs playing on it."

http://www.salary.com/Image/300/300/Media/Default/graphics/realliferes_cage.jpg

Chdata
Sep 4, 2014, 02:52 AM
Ah I misread your post as saying, "I'm unsure as to why B20 has bad reputation".

Achelousaurus
Sep 4, 2014, 04:38 AM
My personal experience is kinda different.
To me it seems mostly like elitism cause B20 has a lot of casuals.

I heard horror stories of old B20 (from before I even started playing on ship 2 apparently) about retards and racists but I haven't people like that and I am frequently on B20.
One thing for sure, do not do EQs on B20, simply cause most people there don't and so you will usually get 6/12 MPAs or something.

And yes, there are overall more noobs then elsewhere.
And no, there are less jerkfaces than elsewhere. 99% of my drama I had with B10-12 "elites" and some actually come regularly to B20 to troll.

Nonetheless it's the only block where people actually communicate outside of party or team chat and the game feels less like an accumulation of social recluses that only play with others cause they can't easily solo absolutely everything all the time.

And no, not everyone sucks on B20.
I met (and befriended) quite a few people that know very well what they are doing and have very good gear there.
Hell, some of my friends are now mostly chatting and goofing around now cause they get endgame gear and max lvl ages ago and simply have done most of the stuff before so they don't feel like doing it all the time anymore.

Also, the only block I got S-rank TD3 with pugs (cause I never can get a full MPA of friends and team mates or anything even close) is B17.
I also had a number of failed EQs that shoulda been easy on B10-12.

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2014, 04:48 AM
B20 simmered down a lot since the DDoS. Now it's more or less a somewhat small group of people that just stand around and be harmless. No symbol art spamming, no obnoxious toge-ing or stupid talk. It's not really bad anymore.

But that's as I far as I know, because I certainly don't look for parties in B20. I'm just talking strictly from a lobby point of view.

Achelousaurus
Sep 4, 2014, 05:27 AM
TBH, lack of symbol art spam is seriously disturbing.
So many epic symbol arts, we gotta see MOAR and use MOAR.

And honestly, cut in autowords are a bother, but symbol art autowords are perfectly fine.

I look for parties on B20 pretty often. Rarely I get people that cannot pull their weight.
And even if, *shrug*.
I can carry in most quests by now and the game isn't all that hard.
It's only certain quests like TD or Luther where you need everyone to pull their weight and bring their A-Game.

If I do random SH Desert exploration for dailies I couldn't care less if I play with 3 lvl 50s using shit tier gear.
It's still faster than soloing and if I derp and die (like yesterday when I was suckerpunched by a Gwana Nero Bit cause I didn't expect it to attack while Gwana rolled over and exposed it's belly), they can still revive me.

Scarlet-Star
Sep 4, 2014, 07:40 AM
Okay, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm basically hear: B-20 sucks and is a horrible block because all the elite, smart, overly geared, reeeeeeally "efficient players" aren't on it. Therefore it's not worth your time, or respect.

Am I getting it right? Don't try to change the words either.

So you're telling me, B-20 is a horrible block, because there are no elite players on, everyone is basically doing their own thing, and trying to enjoy themselves in their own way even if ti means they aren't the best. So basically a block is garbage to you all unless the best of the best, and the elite are on it?

So it's literally the SAME STUPID REASON, everyone hates Bouncers then.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2014, 08:12 AM
"outside of having a bunch of scrubs playing on it."

http://www.salary.com/Image/300/300/Media/Default/graphics/realliferes_cage.jpg

That's some mega milk shit right there.

Okay, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm basically hear: B-20 sucks and is a horrible block because all the elite, smart, overly geared, reeeeeeally "efficient players" aren't on it. Therefore it's not worth your time, or respect.

So you're telling me, B-20 is a horrible block, because there are no elite players on, everyone is basically doing their own thing, and trying to enjoy themselves in their own way even if ti means they aren't the best. So basically a block is garbage to you all unless the best of the best, and the elite are on it?

Ehm, no.

Nobody really gives a rat fuck if your gear is 5 slotted.

Screaming your tits off that you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO break all of elder falz's arms or else you're LITERALLY CANCER, while using a crafted level 2 vita 6* katana and shunkaing everything (including the air 80% of the time), makes you an annoying twatwad. Seeing a boss on the minimap and running the other way in an EQ, not moving during code avoids, dying repeatedly to completely avoidable attacks that merely walking would help you survive - that's the kind of garbage people dislike.

Who gives a shit if your gear is top tier and you're all super elite? Try to not be literally shit and there won't be any problems.

Anyway the rest of the blocks are all ass nowadays anyway (hey guys let's all use our AIS as soon as they're available hey guys why does nobody have AIS for all these bosses????) so who cares.

Z-0
Sep 4, 2014, 08:15 AM

No.

5char

Vintasticvin
Sep 4, 2014, 09:05 AM
The idling all clumped on one side creeps me out the most plus you never know when you know who magically appears and moves you around... Visiphones I'm cool with since I know you're actually doing something or a shop.... Meh I just might have to swing by and give post purge of july b20 a chance.

Myriarch
Sep 4, 2014, 09:31 AM
Long rammbling reply From what I remember b20 hasn't always been in dissmay its mostly for newer players, casual players, afking and players more so for chatting than actually going out into following the regular proceedure of going out into fields and others maps for xp and rares [SPOILER]iirc when I first tried to join pso2 a youtube video told me to go b20 speciffically but I was thinking naw... I showed up around the dewman update though, the people were nice. There were many trolls and many people up untill january 2014 then the ddos killed off quite a few after that in june 2014 many tried to force their way back in or called customer support only to be banned permanently. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Short reply
Its not the worst place in videogame history its certainly cleaned itself up from when I first came there its mostly its much more quiet.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Im sorry for all the censorship but its only to hide the names of others and i'm sorry about my low graphical setting
[SPOILER]i upgraded not too long ago though and im also sorry about the random picture in the middle its covering my character
who was wearing a banana hammock that day. I've already hurt enough eyes in game no need to start doing it here.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/bBHMTzJ.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gdgWrw6.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Takatsuki
Sep 4, 2014, 10:14 AM
The majority of b20ians are terrible players with terrible equipment who, more importantly, have no desire to improve their skill or equipment. A typical b20ian thinks it is perfectly okay to go into an emergency quest like TD3 with a Roundeet+3 with no affixes, unaffixed and ungrinded Tagami units, and do nothing but Shunka constantly because they somehow missed the memo that Shunka isn't OP anymore.

There's also the fact that a majority of them are loud, obnoxious, stupid and make the entire rest of the English community look bad. They talk in public chat constantly (ever notice how NONE of the JPs EVER say more than a few things in public chat?), they spam offensive symbol arts, they often have terrible grammar and in general type like 12 year olds.

They have a bad reputation because they're basically the equivalent of the Brazilians that ruin every other MMO.

NexusAZ
Sep 4, 2014, 10:24 AM
The majority of b20ians are terrible players with terrible equipment who, more importantly, have no desire to improve their skill or equipment. A typical b20ian thinks it is perfectly okay to go into an emergency quest like TD3 with a Roundeet+3 with no affixes, unaffixed and ungrinded Tagami units, and do nothing but Shunka constantly because they somehow missed the memo that Shunka isn't OP anymore.

There's also the fact that a majority of them are loud, obnoxious, stupid and make the entire rest of the English community look bad. They talk in public chat constantly (ever notice how NONE of the JPs EVER say more than a few things in public chat?), they spam offensive symbol arts, they often have terrible grammar and in general type like 12 year olds.

They have a bad reputation because they're basically the equivalent of the Brazilians that ruin every other MMO.

Whoa.

The_Brimada
Sep 4, 2014, 10:27 AM
I play on block 20 the majority of the time(solo), but it has nothing to do with it being the "official" English speaking block. 20 is just my favorite number lol. I can say though that the block is not nearly as bad as it used to be.

SakoHaruo
Sep 4, 2014, 12:47 PM
Ah, one of my favorite threads has appeared yet again. :D

I don't understand how this (meaning these B20 threads) is still a thing after the DDoS removed a huge chunk of B20's population. Some may have returned, but B20 will probably never reach its full potential again. We will most likely get IP blocked before that ever happens.

Gamemako
Sep 4, 2014, 03:19 PM

You've been towing this same story for how many months now? The addition of post-nerf Shunka is a delightful addition, what with the realization that the nerf occurred 3 months ago. Ya know, because it's kinda infeasible that anyone would be new enough to be using a Roundeet and still have ever even fucking SEEN pre-nerf Shunka.

ThePendragon
Sep 4, 2014, 03:56 PM
It's populated by people from PSO World. Nuff' said.

ShinMaruku
Sep 4, 2014, 03:57 PM
I use block 20 for tacos only.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2014, 04:22 PM
It's populated by people from PSO World. Nuff' said.

You'd be surprised how many people there have never actually heard of PSOW.

edit: Basically, B20 has lots of people who don't actively seek improvement. They're told to go to B20 because it's the english block, and then rarely if ever go elsewhere for fear of whatever - fear of having no ability to communicate (when playing PSO2 hardly necessitates it if you simply know how to play the game), fear of playing solo (which is a bit more rational, but still lol), fear of not fitting in (ha ha ha), etc.

They get something that's "good enough" for level 40 and keep it until level 55, then say "but it's always been good enough for me." Well, awesome, and a single bowl of rice is good enough during a famine. There's plenty of other weapons you can easily get. My favorite was always "not everyone has a ton of money to spend grinding" being said by someone still using a hard mode rare in super hard. Dude, if you can afford a costume you can afford a decent pre+10 weapon if you just check the market every so often.

They keep using the FOTM that was nerfed three FOTMs ago, then get hyper defensive and whinge when you tell them such.

But instead of looking into any of these things at all they just admit defeat at the drop of a hat and refuse to improve themselves. So, why is B20 shit? Because it's where people like that already are.

Kind of like Phantasy Star - an IP with a following filled with a bunch of defeatist headcases unable to cope with the idea of trying something new.

ShinMaruku
Sep 4, 2014, 04:25 PM
Probably for the best. They'd find kindred spirits

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2014, 04:31 PM
It could be worse; The Sega forums could be the main spot everyone goes.

Those were dark times.

Shear
Sep 4, 2014, 04:34 PM
Ugh I remember back while playing Universe ...
Wasn't there even a Guy who was talking to the NPC's like they where real? It was kinda creepy.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 4, 2014, 05:02 PM

Whoa.

Indeed.

Because you know, your comment about Brazilians wasn't offensive. Nope, not offensive at all...

gtfo

Takatsuki
Sep 4, 2014, 05:09 PM
Indeed.

Because you know, your comment about Brazilians wasn't offensive. Nope, not offensive at all...

gtfo

Everyone knows that Brazilians are the cancer of MMOs.

BR?
BR?
BR?
BR?
GIB MONE HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE!!!!

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2014, 05:11 PM
I'm sure every racist has their story.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2014, 05:18 PM
im not racist but

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 4, 2014, 05:23 PM

yeap yeap this^

Takatsuki
Sep 4, 2014, 05:57 PM

I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally.

But yeah, I guess you're new to F2P MMOs.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 4, 2014, 06:09 PM

But yeah, I guess you're new to F2P MMOs.

then you should join yahoo's and yotube's comment sections! you would fit right in~ :whip:

ShinMaruku
Sep 4, 2014, 06:41 PM
As long as people never blamed the Russians

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2014, 08:27 PM

I've been noticing that this guy is like me, except serious and not funny.

Chdata
Sep 4, 2014, 08:53 PM
Also to whoever think his Brazilian comment is racist, it's simply a parallel that describes how we look to JP.

Freshellent
Sep 4, 2014, 09:05 PM
Oddly enough I've seen plenty of EN b20 players with perfect grammar and excellent gear just be as dickheaded as the rest of them.

A fuckface comes in all shapes and sizes, always exceptions to the rule of course.

Punisher106
Sep 4, 2014, 09:06 PM
Also to whoever think his Brazilian comment is racist, it's simply a parallel that describes how we look to JP.

This. The Brazillian comment makes a ton of sense. I remember reading in another thread about how there's two kinds of people from Brazil. The Brazillian player, who just happens to be from Brazil, but plays the game like any other competent person, and there's the BR player, who's an absolutely incompetent huetard. They would beg for money, not do any work and just leech. Those of us who want to just enjoy the game and get good at it are like the Brazillian players. Those that are known as b20 cancer are the BR players. Make sense?

ElicaVonmot
Sep 4, 2014, 10:56 PM
Welp, might as well put my two cents in all this.

This thread feels like a very good generalization of everything wrong and toxic about the English Community of PSO2. It's truly disappointing to see how alienating it has all become.

This is like a massive collection of over-exaggeration of an entire community of players. I'll admit, I've frequented B20. It's my usual stomping ground when I feel like relaxing or wish to poke fun at a few of the more "special cases". I recognize a good handful of the posters in this thread, 100% of them whom I've met when they frequented B20. I also know that most of the posters with the more extreme exaggerations, hardly visit at all.

I don't know what kind of alternate dimension people seem to be living in where it's just crafted Vita weapons and Roundeets as far as the eye can see. If anything it's that would be quite an achievement with the overabundance of welfare rares the game vomits out these days.

If anything, it's a social block. For people who wish to simply take a step back from the monotony of grinding whatever, or those who don't have the apparent blessing of being a part of a closed off sociophobic clique who look down upon anyone who isn't in their club of friends.

I've met and play with plenty of genuinely amazing players, almost all of who come to blocks like B20. An EQ is about to start soon? Most leave to a more focused block, B20 is not a place for serious play, no reason to think of it as such.

Are there bad players? Well yeah, most of them are freaken new. They're playing a game that over-complicates itself with the illusion of depth and choice when it mostly boils down to a secretly overly simple system of stacking as much damage as humanly possible.

Don't come and complain that everyone other than you sucks and are considered "cancer" when you make no effort to facilitate a better community and choose to spend your time complaining and insulting others for failing to meet your over-exaggerated expectations.

Most players on B20 are not nearly as stubborn as people seem to think, and are happy to learn from others. But people don't want to listen to people they don't respect. And with the exception of Megidolaon from hours ago, I see no reason for them to give a damn about what anyone here has to say with this kind of attitude.

Weeds can be seen as flowers too, once you get to know them.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 4, 2014, 11:07 PM
I don't even know why people bother with that one single block when there's like 50 other blocks (sorry i didn't really count how much). Wouldn't it be much better just to avoid it completely than to complain how bad it is over and over?

Takatsuki
Sep 4, 2014, 11:19 PM

This thread feels like a very good generalization of everything wrong and toxic about the English Community of PSO2. It's truly disappointing to see how alienating it has all become.

This is like a massive collection of over-exaggeration of an entire community of players. I'll admit, I've frequented B20. It's my usual stomping ground when I feel like relaxing or wish to poke fun at a few of the more "special cases". I recognize a good handful of the posters in this thread, 100% of them whom I've met when they frequented B20. I also know that most of the posters with the more extreme exaggerations, hardly visit at all.

I don't know what kind of alternate dimension people seem to be living in where it's just crafted Vita weapons and Roundeets as far as the eye can see. If anything it's that would be quite an achievement with the overabundance of welfare rares the game vomits out these days.

If anything, it's a social block. For people who wish to simply take a step back from the monotony of grinding whatever, or those who don't have the apparent blessing of being a part of a closed off sociophobic clique who look down upon anyone who isn't in their club of friends.

I've met and play with plenty of genuinely amazing players, almost all of who come to blocks like B20. An EQ is about to start soon? Most leave to a more focused block, B20 is not a place for serious play, no reason to think of it as such.

Are there bad players? Well yeah, most of them are freaken new. They're playing a game that over-complicates itself with the illusion of depth and choice when it mostly boils down to a secretly overly simple system of stacking as much damage as humanly possible.

Don't come and complain that everyone other than you sucks and are considered "cancer" when you make no effort to facilitate a better community and choose to spend your time complaining and insulting others for failing to meet your over-exaggerated expectations.

Most players on B20 are not nearly as stubborn as people seem to think, and are happy to learn from others. But people don't want to listen to people they don't respect. And with the exception of Megidolaon from hours ago, I see no reason for them to give a damn about what anyone here has to say with this kind of attitude.

No, please, I encourage the b20ians to stay in b20. Please do not pollute the other blocks where people who take the game seriously try and do TD without failing because 8 of the people in the MPA decided to come to a SH EQ at level 50 (and a sub of 20) with gear that would be laughable in Hard.

ElicaVonmot
Sep 5, 2014, 12:00 AM
No, please, I encourage the b20ians to stay in b20. Please do not pollute the other blocks where people who take the game seriously try and do TD without failing because 8 of the people in the MPA decided to come to a SH EQ at level 50 (and a sub of 20) with gear that would be laughable in Hard.

I find it cute that you don't think that 90% of B20 doesn't already "pollute" your precious blocks every time an EQ shows up. Or that exclusively English players are the culprit of this kind of behavior.

HIT0SHI
Sep 5, 2014, 12:21 AM
Oh hey, another thread complaining about about B20.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7kTLfct.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chdata
Sep 5, 2014, 01:07 AM
B20 just lost TD3 twice in a row.

Good thing I hopped to a VH block in the middle of the first one.

SuKKrl
Sep 5, 2014, 01:57 AM
This. The Brazillian comment makes a ton of sense. I remember reading in another thread about how there's two kinds of people from Brazil. The Brazillian player, who just happens to be from Brazil, but plays the game like any other competent person, and there's the BR player, who's an absolutely incompetent huetard. They would beg for money, not do any work and just leech. Those of us who want to just enjoy the game and get good at it are like the Brazillian players. Those that are known as b20 cancer are the BR players. Make sense?

That's pretty much it. Though in my experience the vast majority of them fits the BR description.

I find it cute that you don't think that 90% of B20 doesn't already "pollute" your precious blocks every time an EQ shows up. Or that exclusively English players are the culprit of this kind of behavior.

I haven't done a single TD on b-20 since I came back, yet I usually get one or 2 players afking through it so I guess that's a good point.

-

As someone who was around only during EP 1 and is now back, so in my case I think that I can still trace its reputation to what happened early on. B-20 wasn't only the forcefully taken noisy block where people did spam SAs (prohibited content included) for the players, which already wouldn't help it.

It carried a lot of implications for outsiders, who are all playing almost as a clandestine. It attracted attention to us, and in the worst way possible, by literally kicking the local culture in the butt (one thing I saw in one of my few adventures in early b-20 was a local player being chased around by guys spamming their old war flag with a pilot face glued, that was weird as hell) and getting mixed with other problems (that they also have before people start white knighting it) like the lobby bug exploiting and such.

If anything, they managed to get them some reasons to justify their actions regarding us, even though it surely wasn't the start of it (it happened in jp PSU during a time where there was none of that going around) its still not going to earn b-20 any points.

B-20 might be better now, I can't really say much about it until I give it a chance, but I can't deny that it isn't an exciting prospect at first. I can understand the gear issue but that isn't my biggest problem with it. Things could have turned much worse for most of us due to their actions and some people there just seemed not to care at all. Its not like I really want to play with someone like that. It is hard to change first impressions, they're that strong, so I don't expect this reputation to change anytime soon or for people to suddenly stop bashing it, even if its unfair to a certain point in the current situation, and I guess I'll need some time to feel like going there again.

IndignationSWF
Sep 5, 2014, 06:02 AM
I saw a lot of lounging and begging on B-20 for a time, but it never seemed as bad as it's reputation except for one night where someone kept hounding me about joining his team even after I told him that I was running my own.

NexusAZ
Sep 5, 2014, 06:07 AM
I saw a lot of lounging and begging on B-20 for a time, but it never seemed as bad as it's reputation except for one night where someone kept hounding me about joining his team even after I told him that I was running my own.

inb4Terranette

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 5, 2014, 07:20 AM
inb4Terranette

I never see him on the forums, like ever. I don't even know if he has an account here or not.

NexusAZ
Sep 5, 2014, 07:36 AM
I never see him on the forums, like ever. I don't even know if he has an account here or not.

Probably not, but from what he said, it sounds like it might have been them that was constantly asking them to join. I've seen him try it, like, dozens of times.

Fandom Ruck
Sep 5, 2014, 07:43 AM
I just don't bother with B-20. The only blocks that anyone should go to are the SH ones for EQs anyways. I have yet to fail a TD playing on 11/12/13/14. I don't see the inherent pro's of being on b20, or even more so isolating yourself to a particular block. There's not much reason for it and imo more or less significantly takes away from the full enjoyment of the game.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 5, 2014, 08:22 AM
Probably not, but from what he said, it sounds like it might have been them that was constantly asking them to join. I've seen him try it, like, dozens of times.

What he ought to do is clear his team list first. It's full but there's only 20-30 active guys. But he tries to recruit anyway. :-?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 5, 2014, 12:25 PM
People going to B20 for an EQ, when there's properly marked blocks for difficulty?

I don't think B20 is the problem, you fools.

Commie scum.

ShinMaruku
Sep 5, 2014, 01:59 PM
Oh hey, another thread complaining about about B20.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7kTLfct.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://i.imgur.com/FMw2BBa.gif

Drifting Fable
Sep 5, 2014, 05:21 PM
Remember when b20 was supposed to be the "home block" for PSO-W? And I used to main a HUcast . . .

Man, 2012 was quite the year oxo . . .

ShinMaruku
Sep 5, 2014, 05:48 PM
Well then you have people from the outside and find all sides batshit insane.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 5, 2014, 05:48 PM
-snip-

You must marry me

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2014, 06:15 PM

Everyone gets a baseline of respect from me. I don't go around insulting people who haven't done anything bad, and I don't go complementing them either. I treat them decently, but that's it. I wait until they do something.

Everyone can prove they deserve more, or deserve less. If someone demonstrates that they're a jello-filled cocksock and orders people to do things in a very controlling manner, possibly while being complete and utter shit, they deserve less.

If someone simply does the objective, possibly while aiding other players, they deserve more. Bad players can fall in this category because they don't act like enormous (literally) assholes (figuratively).

B20 has by far the worst ratio of those two types of people, in my experience. Sure it has some of the latter, but Missouri also has some nice cops.

TaigaUC
Sep 6, 2014, 01:32 AM
When I do see EN players talking (including B20), they're usually being rude, sexist (against both men and women), racist, abusive, spamming symbol art, etc.
I see them insulting each other for their characters' names, looks, interests, etc.
A few have randomly abused my friend because they didn't like his character.

Team people using public chat instead of team chat.
Pairs having a private conversation in public instead of whisper.
EN people asking for difficulty different than the block they're in.
EN people saying "lol" at the end of every single sentence for no reason.
EN people yelling "ANYONE SPEAK ENGLISH!? HELLO!? ANYONE?! SPEAK ENGLISH!? HELLO!" over and over.
EN people spamming stuff like "invite" every 1-2 seconds, as if that'll help them get noticed "faster".
Stuff like that.

Then there's that hack guy who keeps private whispering everyone and messing around in B20.

To date, I've only seen very few JP people doing any of the above.
Yes, some JP people do those things, too. Just nowhere near as often.
And the ones that do it are probably ten years old.

IndignationSWF
Sep 6, 2014, 01:51 AM
When I do see EN players talking (including B20), they're usually being rude, sexist (against both men and women), racist, abusive, spamming symbol art, etc.
I see them insulting each other for their characters' names, looks, interests, etc.

EN people yelling "ANYONE SPEAK ENGLISH!? HELLO!? ANYONE?! SPEAK ENGLISH!? HELLO!" over and over.
EN people spamming stuff like "invite" every 1-2 seconds, as if that'll help them get noticed "faster".
Stuff like that.

Then there's that hack guy who keeps private whispering everyone and messing around in B20.

I'm one who typically doesn't stay in the same block(minus a time before the DDOS where I was primarily in 8 with the team union I belonged to) and I have to say outside of B-20 and a few cases outside(mostly in the SH blocks) that's fairly rare. Most people I've seen will joke around or complain about things, but keep it pretty civil. The most I ever see is Symbol Art spamming and the occasional sexual comment(the difference between a sexual joke and a sexist one is pretty major to consider).

Hell, most people I see in blocks only speak publicly if addressed, or if they're looking for an EQ group. I'm not going to say it doesn't happen, but generalizing a whole group based around a sample is rather problematic in it's own way. There are always gonna be people that don't care and will screw around constantly, but that's the same for any group on the planet.

Kondibon
Sep 6, 2014, 02:03 AM

Now this just isn't fair considering how often I see japanese players put "w" at the end of their sentences.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2014, 02:36 AM
Hay! I use "lol" in my sentences as a sign of lighthearted laidbackiness. or condescending laugh-off laidbackiness.

That's a damn good reason. D<

ReverseSeraf
Sep 6, 2014, 09:17 AM

Stuff like that.

That's a lot of assumptions and generalizations you got there.

wut lol

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 6, 2014, 10:09 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/v0fIrJY4XeJNK/giphy.gif

Achelousaurus
Sep 8, 2014, 04:11 AM
So yeah.
I came to realize I just play with the right people on B20.
It's not all retards and people with crap gear. On the other hand, yeah I do see those as well.
I just ignore them.

And the only time I do EQs on B20 is when the jp players have filled every other SH block and my only other option is 26+.

So I guess B20 is a mixed bag.

PS: properly crafted gear is quite good even in SH.
Just randomly extended 2* crap is not >_>

Kondibon
Sep 8, 2014, 04:54 AM
PS: properly crafted gear is quite good even in SH.
Just randomly extended 2* crap is not >_>...What's the difference?

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 8, 2014, 05:29 AM
welcome Miyuki_Kamiko to the forums how are you doing
good how bout you im doing good but you better stay away from B20
Why? because B20 players do unspeakable horrible things like spam symbol art and live out there fantasy lifes
But but when i visited B20 i met many helpful players
you Met the Minority of players that don't actually stay there Miyuki_Kamiko
but i quested with them for 2 hours
Miyuki_Kamiko now i know your lying B20 doesn't quest or help people
ive seen this on multiple occasions
Miyuki_Kamiko you must be living in some other dimension

these threads really are on repeat i minus well just talk to myself because well it goes in 1 ear and out the other when trying to talk to people on these forums

im willing to say these forums are worse than Block 020 Ship 2

WildarmsRE5
Sep 8, 2014, 05:56 AM
im willing to say these forums are worse than Block 020 Ship 2took you long enough, it is worse.

not like B-20 is getting any good, it seems to get even worse month by month.

the happy days in B-20 are long gone. like a year and a half gone.

komosu
Sep 8, 2014, 06:20 AM
I read page 1,2,6,7 and 8 and what I learned from it is "stay away from b20 people spam symbol arts and are noobs", which doesn't seem enough for me to give a whole block a bad reputation because yet, it's just some people talking.

The first day I joined this game I made a friend and she invited me in a team and they told me to avoid this block, even though I received this warning I never tried to avoid it, neither I tried to get into it but from what I've seen, the people inside it just look like people hanging out and having fun.

I think the reason why people avoid b20 is because we are foreigner coming in a Japanese game taking control of a ship, block, not making an effort to learn Japanese and people find it rude and don't want to be involved in all this. Does that make sense?

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 8, 2014, 06:22 AM
your right B20 is getting worse and i don't blame them
hackers hang out there
certain people on these forums treat them like they don't deserve to live
this is the net where you can be a Racist jerk where theres no consequences
i swear some of the people who post here put more time reading and Whining on these forums than they do playing the game

B20 is hated on because english players have a place where they can hang out with other people who speak there language And those certain hackers have targeted B20 over and over and over

you know it's really stupid to the point that B20 is hated more than the hackers who screw up the game

hackers do get hate but 2 weeks after they dissapear B20 gets the hate back and keeps it til
either Sega Nerfs something or does something the community doesn't like but after the hate goes back to B20

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2014, 07:05 AM
welcome Miyuki_Kamiko to the forums how are you doing
good how bout you im doing good but you better stay away from B20
Why? because B20 players do unspeakable horrible things like spam symbol art and live out there fantasy lifes
But but when i visited B20 i met many helpful players
you Met the Minority of players that don't actually stay there Miyuki_Kamiko
but i quested with them for 2 hours
Miyuki_Kamiko now i know your lying B20 doesn't quest or help people
ive seen this on multiple occasions
Miyuki_Kamiko you must be living in some other dimension

these threads really are on repeat i minus well just talk to myself because well it goes in 1 ear and out the other when trying to talk to people on these forums

im willing to say these forums are worse than Block 020 Ship 2

your right B20 is getting worse and i don't blame them
hackers hang out there
certain people on these forums treat them like they don't deserve to live
this is the net where you can be a Racist jerk where theres no consequences
i swear some of the people who post here put more time reading and Whining on these forums than they do playing the game

B20 is hated on because english players have a place where they can hang out with other people who speak there language And those certain hackers have targeted B20 over and over and over

you know it's really stupid to the point that B20 is hated more than the hackers who screw up the game

hackers do get hate but 2 weeks after they dissapear B20 gets the hate back and keeps it til
either Sega Nerfs something or does something the community doesn't like but after the hate goes back to B20

are you ok?

I like how all these people who play on B20 extensively and/or regularly show up in these threads to defend it saying "if there are noobs then help them."

It's not my responsibility to hold somebody's hand in a video game. It's not anybody's but your own. Resources exist where you can read up, or god forbid you could just play the game and figure it out using critical thinking skills you began developing when you were in diapers (not a potshot at any b20 players who are still in diapers).

People (often the same ones) play the victim and make sure to complain about racism too. It's always "You all generalize" this and "This forum is worse than B20!" that. All said while generalizing.

Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who help new players. Find me the post that said that, I must have missed it. Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who are remotely decent players. If the closest you can get to that is something along the lines of "b20 is just a bunch of bad players" then you're grasping at straws.

Again: The problem is not new or inexperienced players. The problem is players who refuse to learn. Every time this thread comes up that's what most people say, and they're ignored because some guy said "BR" and B20 players all think they're the ~persecuted minority~ in some online videogame. The problem is the players who all think their way is the best or only way, pulling in different directions, and refuse to consider new input. Yes, those players exist everywhere, but in B20 there are far more and they're loudmouthed shitbags (frequently with symbolarts tied to their attack autowords). The problem is obnoxious people who do obnoxious things, knowing full well how obnoxious it is. Obnoxious as an occasional joke, sure that's funny. Obnoxious as a lifestyle choice is just tragic.

B20 wasn't always looked down upon. When the game came out it was where we all went. You twats did this to yourselves. We had nothing to do with it, so don't go pointing fingers for shit at other people just because they want to keep away from you.

The_Brimada
Sep 8, 2014, 07:46 AM
are you ok?

I like how all these people who play on B20 extensively and/or regularly show up in these threads to defend it saying "if there are noobs then help them."

It's not my responsibility to hold somebody's hand in a video game. It's not anybody's but your own. Resources exist where you can read up, or god forbid you could just play the game and figure it out using critical thinking skills you began developing when you were in diapers (not a potshot at any b20 players who are still in diapers).

People (often the same ones) play the victim and make sure to complain about racism too. It's always "You all generalize" this and "This forum is worse than B20!" that. All said while generalizing.

Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who help new players. Find me the post that said that, I must have missed it. Nobody said there are 0 people on B20 who are remotely decent players. If the closest you can get to that is something along the lines of "b20 is just a bunch of bad players" then you're grasping at straws.

Again: The problem is not new or inexperienced players. The problem is players who refuse to learn. Every time this thread comes up that's what most people say, and they're ignored because some guy said "BR" and B20 players all think they're the ~persecuted minority~ in some online videogame. The problem is the players who all think their way is the best or only way, pulling in different directions, and refuse to consider new input. Yes, those players exist everywhere, but in B20 there are far more and they're loudmouthed shitbags (frequently with symbolarts tied to their attack autowords). The problem is obnoxious people who do obnoxious things, knowing full well how obnoxious it is. Obnoxious as an occasional joke, sure that's funny. Obnoxious as a lifestyle choice is just tragic.

B20 wasn't always looked down upon. When the game came out it was where we all went. You twats did this to yourselves. We had nothing to do with it, so don't go pointing fingers for shit at other people just because they want to keep away from you.

I normally agree with pretty much all you say Giga, and you had me until your last sentence. You just proved exactly what they're complaining about. If that's not a generalization, I don't know what is. Also this thread needs to die in a fire already, but I'm not helping by adding to this discussion....

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 8, 2014, 07:49 AM
are you ok?

This.

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2014, 07:55 AM
I normally agree with pretty much all you say Giga, and you had me until your last sentence. You just proved exactly what they're complaining about. If that's not a generalization, I don't know what is. Also this thread needs to die in a fire already, but I'm not helping by adding to this discussion....

I really didn't, though. Miyuki is being the type of person that pushed me and people I know away from B20 - presumptuous, whiny, playing the victim, exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes, putting words in peoples' mouths, and refusing to take into account new information.

This thread has multiple people saying things in direct opposition of the picture Miyuki just painted, yet do they go for any of that? No. They drew up some imaginary scenario where they were completely in the right and the other side was completely in the wrong, and like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions.

Way to strawman son.

Regarding "Talking about an entire block in a thread about that entire block is generalizing!" yes, as it turns out when you talk about a large group of people as a single entity people are going to be able to intentionally misinterpret and misrepresent your stance in an attempt to be the victim. You can't say "[group] is [adjective]" without generalizing. That's the point of talking about a group. This is why you frequently stick in a "generally," "frequently," or "typically."

There are exceptions. There are always exceptions. Those exceptions are clearly not the issue people take with the group at large. There were good Nazis, yet you never see the words "Some Nazis were good guys though, really! We don't want to generalize." in history books because that is completely and unfuckingbelievably asinine. #godwinrulez

ElicaVonmot
Sep 8, 2014, 04:21 PM
I really didn't, though. Miyuki is being the type of person that pushed me and people I know away from B20 - presumptuous, whiny, playing the victim, exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes, putting words in peoples' mouths, and refusing to take into account new information.

This thread has multiple people saying things in direct opposition of the picture Miyuki just painted, yet do they go for any of that? No. They drew up some imaginary scenario where they were completely in the right and the other side was completely in the wrong, and like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions.

Way to strawman son.

Oh my, look at the pot calling the kettle black.

This quote perfectly summarizes why there can never be a center of agreement, and that this argument will go on forever.

"Presumptuous" This entire discussion was started because of people's assumptions.
"Whiny" complaining about it.
"Playing the victim" Claiming you were pushed away.
"Exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes" Do I really need to go into this one?

"This thread has multiple people saying things in direct opposition of the picture Miyuki just painted, yet do they go for any of that? No." Probably because those multiple people are people who are not a part of the thing they are commenting on, and posted information that was exaggerated, out right false, or cherry picked. Feel free to look up the term "Spinning a narrative."

"They drew up some imaginary scenario where they were completely in the right and the other side was completely in the wrong." Are we talking about the same scenario with the people with crafted 2* weapons and people begging for money in a game where you can't even beg for money?

"Like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions." Right, you mean opinions like the one that was complaining about people using "lol", even though such a thing exists among all cultures on the internet? Like "w" or "hue"? I didn't know expressing laughter was such a terrible thing to do.

People are against your argument because you have displayed a bad argument. There's nothing to take from it because it's either false, already known, or a non-issue. You're *unreasonably* judging people because of what cafeteria table they choose to sit at for lunch.

It would be no better than me just jumping in and saying "PSO-W is a joke for a forum full of self-entitled assholes who ride off the coat-tails of japanese players and think they're better than everyone." Which is funny, because not a single person on the defensive side has directly insulted anyone here.

It's dumb, this whole argument is dumb, and this thread has derailed itself and is currently flying into the sun.

To briefly bring it back on topic. B20 has a bad rep because they're people who come in expecting it to be more than just a big stupid dumb chat room. Using it for anything other than tacos or dailies (If you even need that, I've been soloing most of mine.) That's your fault. Anyone who takes the game seriously already disperses and runs to other blocks when the need calls for it. Not because everyone is bad, assuming that is stupid. Lack of skill is not mutually exclusive. There's bad B20 players, bad PSOW players, bad japanese players. It's everywhere. The thing about B20 is that it's too unfocused for anything else. You go to block 10 - 16 because you know everyone there is going to be running the same EQ you are. That's the reason why blocks have been categorized in the first place.

By insulting others, because some wish to be able to chat and socialize when they wait for their next EQ, or whatever reason. Makes you no better than the bad apples you like to constantly bring up.

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2014, 04:36 PM

This quote perfectly summarizes why there can never be a center of agreement, and that this argument will go on forever.

"Presumptuous" This entire discussion was started because of people's assumptions.
"Exaggerating the opposing side's views and gripes" Do I really need to go into this one?

Presume =/= Assume
Whine =/= Complain

And sure, yeah, choosing to avoid loudmouthed idiots makes one a victim now.

"Like usual in these threads they didn't once touch on any of the reasonable opinions." Right, you mean opinions like the one that was complaining about people using "lol", even though such a thing exists among all cultures on the internet? Like "w" or "hue"? I didn't know expressing laughter was such a terrible thing to do.
This is funny to me.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 8, 2014, 04:46 PM
And this is why you don't play mmos.

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2014, 04:48 PM

"This thread has multiple people saying things in direct opposition of the picture Miyuki just painted, yet do they go for any of that? No." Probably because those multiple people are people who are not a part of the thing they are commenting on, and posted information that was exaggerated, out right false, or cherry picked. Feel free to look up the term "Spinning a narrative."

"They drew up some imaginary scenario where they were completely in the right and the other side was completely in the wrong." Are we talking about the same scenario with the people with crafted 2* weapons and people begging for money in a game where you can't even beg for money?

People are against your argument because you have displayed a bad argument. There's nothing to take from it because it's either false, already known, or a non-issue. You're *unreasonably* judging people because of what cafeteria table they choose to sit at for lunch.

It would be no better than me just jumping in and saying "PSO-W is a joke for a forum full of self-entitled assholes who ride off the coat-tails of japanese players and think they're better than everyone." Which is funny, because not a single person on the defensive side has directly insulted anyone here.

It's dumb, this whole argument is dumb, and this thread has derailed itself and is currently flying into the sun.

To briefly bring it back on topic. B20 has a bad rep because they're people who come in expecting it to be more than just a big stupid dumb chat room. Using it for anything other than tacos or dailies (If you even need that, I've been soloing most of mine.) That's your fault. Anyone who takes the game seriously already disperses and runs to other blocks when the need calls for it. Not because everyone is bad, assuming that is stupid. Lack of skill is not mutually exclusive. There's bad B20 players, bad PSOW players, bad japanese players. It's everywhere. The thing about B20 is that it's too unfocused for anything else. You go to block 10 - 16 because you know everyone there is going to be running the same EQ you are. That's the reason why blocks have been categorized in the first place.

By insulting others, because some wish to be able to chat and socialize when they wait for their next EQ, or whatever reason. Makes you no better than the bad apples you like to constantly bring up.

ha ha good one

oh you were serious

oh god ow my head

I'm not even going to counter this post. I must be wrong. The way you so easily sidestep my argument fundamental tenets of logic history of B20 and the EN community on PSO2 which I already said I was actually around for and experienced firsthand the two posts above you your own eyes anything you don't want to see reality itself and decide to come back with this post is hilarious and, frankly, a little bit unnerving. I think I need to sit down. (btw you must have really wide hips to sidestep that far, PM sakoharonu)

I can't wait to be told that since I didn't counter what is essentially actual physical shit placed inside of the poster's computer before they clicked "Submit" like the internet runs on vacuum tubes that I am clearly wrong and there is no argument that can be made against it.

ha ha ha calling a classic strawman "spinning a narrative"

SakoHaruo
Sep 8, 2014, 05:07 PM
(btw you must have really wide hips to sidestep that far, PM sakoharonu)

Hm..? I don't have wide hips, what are you talking about? And why should he PM me? What the hell are you talking about. D:<

Anyway you called. I will uh... I have to read the last few pages to know what the hell is going on, so until then... o3o

Also, B20 thread :-?

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2014, 05:08 PM
Hm..? I don't have wide hips, what are you talking about? And why should he PM me? What the hell are you talking about. D:<

Anyway you called. I will uh... I have to read the last few pages to know what the hell is going on, so until then... o3o

Also, B20 thread :-?

but I thought you liked wide hips

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2014, 05:09 PM
Hold on, i'm grabbing my sunglasses.

ElicaVonmot
Sep 8, 2014, 05:26 PM
Presume =/= Assume

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/presumption

"Something that is presumed; an assumption."

Whine =/= Complain

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whining

"To snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way."

This is calling out others, very poorly, might I add. When people then called him out being an asshole, we get a response like this.

Miyuki is being the type of person that pushed me and people I know away from B20

Blaming others for his poor behavior and attitude, which sure as hell sounds like "playing the victim" to me.

This thread is really starting to look like B20 and PSOW are just two sides of the same coin here. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

At this point, I'm not even on either side, I'm just pointing out the issues within the tread itself. I would love to have a more open discussion on the matter, but I doubt such a thing could ever be possible with the amount of acid being spat out everywhere, this thread has been off-topic for like 4 pages now. Such discussion should be moved somewhere else.

Xaelouse
Sep 8, 2014, 05:28 PM
ayy lmao

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2014, 05:33 PM

This is calling out others, very poorly, might I add. When people then called him out being an asshole, we get a response like this.

Blaming others for his poor behavior and attitude, which sure as hell sounds like "playing the victim" to me.

This thread is really starting to look like B20 and PSOW are just two sides of the same coin here. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

At this point, I'm not even on either side, I'm just pointing out the issues within the tread itself. I would love to have a more open discussion on the matter, but I doubt such a thing could ever be possible with the amount of acid being spat out everywhere, this thread has been off-topic for like 4 pages now. Such discussion should be moved somewhere else.

Did you just give birth to triplets? Because those are some gnarly stretch marks.

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2014, 05:39 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/presume

"to act or proceed with unwarrantable or impertinent boldness."

Just looking at the definition of presumptuous, it doesn't say "to have assumptions"

And here let me just do this:

SakoHaruo
Sep 8, 2014, 05:41 PM
but I thought you liked wide hips

I was just being Calm Sako. I'm pretty sure you know what'll happen when normal Sako gives his opinion on something.

I do like the hips but not the exaggerated kind. Give me 100%. 101% is too much to handle and 99% isn't enough. It's all about perfection!

This thread... I don't know. :-?

I mean I already know who's actually in B20 getting first hand experience and who's just making up stuff. I'm gonna grab some popcorn and enjoy the rest of the show.

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2014, 05:45 PM
I'd save my popcorn for something else. Getting tired of these Michael Bay knock offs.

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2014, 06:04 PM
I was just being Calm Sako. I'm pretty sure you know what'll happen when normal Sako gives his opinion on something.

I do like the hips but not the exaggerated kind. Give me 100%. 101% is too much to handle and 99% isn't enough. It's all about perfection!

This thread... I don't know. :-?

I mean I already know who's actually in B20 getting first hand experience and who's just making up stuff. I'm gonna grab some popcorn and enjoy the rest of the show.

I'm actually curious which group you think I'm in, and if you noticed the past tense.

ElicaVonmot
Sep 8, 2014, 06:08 PM
The amount of density in this thread is enough to match a dying star. It's hilarious. I think I've had my fill for now though. Like that Sakoharonu person said. Anyone who genuinely gives a shit already knows what's up. It's fun watching people make idiots out of themselves.

Especially out of something so ironic as PSO-W's attitude with B20.

IndignationSWF
Sep 8, 2014, 06:08 PM
Well, we're debating the use of the term 'Presume'...on a thread...on PSOWorld...about B-20...

In any case, we all know there's a problem with B-20, the severity of which seems to be up for debate. Of course this is a sore spot for some so of course we have people claiming there's no problem(I myself haven't seen much, but I don't discount it either).

Now, here's the thing: What do we do about it? As users our only real options are to either talk to them directly which will be completely ignored or worse, or report them which would be giving Sega more ammo against the EN crowd besides all the heat we already get from a subsection of the JP player base.

NoiseHERO
Sep 8, 2014, 06:09 PM
hipster-chan why did you come here this place is poison! Get out while you still can phantasy star fans are weird. D:

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2014, 06:41 PM
I liked B-20 back when City was the only EQ. Gave me something more engaging to focus on.

I typically enjoy global chat in MMOs, since no matter who is saying what, you can ignore, ridicule, or take part in it at your leisure. It's all separate from who you're actively partying with, and all contained in a small corner of your screen with plenty of filter options.

PSO2 lacks quite a bit of that, so partying with "global" is a lot more involved, for better or worse. Players who just started recently, people arguing about WoW, their favorite anime, age of consent laws, shock tactics, or just how everyone is feeling that day; it's all plastered everywhere on your screen as you fight right alongside them with little to no way to reduce the clutter besides escaping entirely.

So many people do just that. It only takes one to ruin the entire block because you can't shut them out. Block them from chat and they can still join your MPA. Block anyone being rude, obnoxious, spiteful, inappropriate, or immature and you quickly run out of slots. Leaving and never coming back gets rid of the undesirables for considerably less effort.

Vampy
Sep 8, 2014, 10:31 PM
From my past experience B:20 isn't as bad some people make it out to be but it's far from being innocent either. Though I tend to avoid it most of the time and just run solo and MPA in the usual blocks so my views are a bit biased.

My issue with B:20 is not so much that there is a casual player base that is fine and all, but there are so many players there good and bad it's a crap shoot. You can sometimes have a really good party/mpa that is respectful and willing to listen to advice or give it out trying to help out, but you can also have the complete opposite issue being B:20 is the culmination of what the English speaking community is a very diverse outspoken one.

You will get all walks of life so to speak I never send a new player there just because it seems like a terrible idea for their growth if they play with so many people where advice can sometimes be good or sometimes be crippling. Realistically so is any other block but it seems to be a more common theme there I started in B:20 back in episode 1 was recruited by a team somewhat active there but they were nice but sometimes their advice was questionable at best I ended up remaking character buying AC and the works just to fix this.

But then I joined team crimson for a short time a not too long ago and they seemed more grounded and able to give credible advice it really is just luck of the draw of what you get there.

For more experienced players on the casual side I say if you can not find a party anywhere else or not in a team it's a great place to go if you want to get things done like time attacks and AQs but for anything EQ related or looking for advice do it at your own risk.

For new players I would say avoid it entirely at least until you find a team willing to help you and give advice and having gained some experience.

For my purposes it never filled the requirements but that is just me. For others it does.

Now with the spam and all it's not as bad as when I started but it still has it's moments where my SA history is filled with dicks and such, but that is really rare now especially after the DDoS attack. Still it's a bit off putting and seems to happen a bit more there than any other block but it does happen anywhere there is a heavy English player presence occasionally. I'm not sure about JP players I bet it happens with them as well occasionally too but I happen to notice it more with English speakers.

Edit: I should really proof read these long essays I meant isn't xD

ReverseSeraf
Sep 9, 2014, 08:15 AM
But then I joined team crimson for a short time a not too long ago and they seemed more grounded and able to give credible advice it really is just luck of the draw of what you get there.

Huh? Who? Vampy, what are these things you're talking about? D:

We're still waiting to reinvite you and Saya back. Ho ho ho

Vampy
Sep 11, 2014, 09:19 AM
Huh? Who? Vampy, what are these things you're talking about? D:

We're still waiting to reinvite you and Saya back. Ho ho ho

Hey compared to the teams I was in prior you guys have been an improvement for the most part.

TaigaUC
Sep 11, 2014, 09:44 AM
My issue with B20 is that whenever the game dumps me there, it's almost always filled with people insulting, arguing, spamming, etc.

The few times I was forced to try EQs in B20, they weren't too bad.
But I see so many absolutely terrible EN players everywhere else now...

Still seeing awful EN and JP players trying to solo around 10 Goldradas alone or with a partied buddy, using crap like Jet Boots.
You can tell they're going to be garbage when they camp at the top during wave 4 of TD1.
They always end up wasting at least 1-2 minutes and fail to kill anything... or they just die, res each other, repeat.

Not entirely relevant, but had some awful mostly JP group for TD2 today.
I had to double check to make sure they weren't EN players.
They completely ignored enemies humping walls. And the bomb.

I must say I'll be glad when people get sick of failing hard at Bouncer.

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2014, 09:49 AM
On a funny note Japanese games are easier in their intial release than their western counter parts.

My only real issue with B20 is the lobby rats and the massive ammount of people afk and their attempts at trolling. Kind of reminds me of a certain place, a few places at that.