PDA

View Full Version : Fighter/braver or braver/fighter

Drsmiley72
Sep 4, 2014, 07:58 PM
So I have fighter 50 and braver 40. I love them both and am which one would hit harder for main/sub

TheAstarion
Sep 5, 2014, 05:33 AM
Sounds like you need some FIBR in your diet.

Nah in all seriousness main whatever you prefer; Braver if you like katana combat escape, Fighter if you want to use Limit Break and the critical damage boosting main class only skill. This is the main deciding factor since both those skills are main class only. Both classes have been around long enough to have multi-class weapon options. If you haven't levelled your mag yet go straight for a pure s-atk mag as that benefits katana and fighter weapons the most (also hunter weapons, blades, and boots and wands sometimes if you should choose to try something else further down the line).

Shiyo
Sep 5, 2014, 05:38 AM
Both should be subbing HU if you want to hit as hard as possible.

BR and FI are both great main classes, level up your HU now to sub for max damage on each.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 5, 2014, 05:59 AM

BR and FI are both great main classes, level up your HU now to sub for max damage on each.

Whilst I would agree with you, the OP specifically asked if FI/BR or BR/FI was better, so why don't we answer that question instead?

As previous posts said, do you want Limit Break or Combat Escape? That's really the big thing here. Also, which set of weapons to you use more, Braver or Fighter, because I'd main the one whose weapons I use more often.

Xelor
Sep 5, 2014, 08:27 AM
With the Fury Stance nerf, wouldn't I want FI as my sub instead of HU? If I just want more damage?

This is my question. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Drsmiley72
Sep 5, 2014, 08:50 AM
The reason I want to know if fighter/braver or braver/fighter is better rather than /hunter is because I love using my weapons from both the classes. So I don't want to be /hunter lol.

Shiyo
Sep 5, 2014, 08:57 AM
The reason I want to know if fighter/braver or braver/fighter is better rather than /hunter is because I love using my weapons from both the classes. So I don't want to be /hunter lol.

FI/BR with a crit build would be best then.

NexusAZ
Sep 5, 2014, 09:07 AM

Well, I suppose it comes down to the skills and weapons you have access to.

Combat Escape can only be used whenever Braver is your main class. So, if you sub it, you won't be invincible during Katana Combat.

Fighter has Limit Break and Critical Strike. The 20% boost from Limit Break is great, but you're a full on glass cannon with it active. Critical Strike is good for an extra bit of damage every now and then. If you were to max out the crit skills for Braver and Fighter, you would have a good chance to get that 15% damage bonus. Assuming both Brave, Wise stance and Average Stance, it would be an extra 27 points to max out those crit skills... not including the 5 for Critical Strike. HOWEVER, this opens up the option of crafting weapons if you aren't premium and can't get some of the good multiclass weapons. You'll have a 70% Crit Rate with all the crit skills, which is great for crafted weapons as it will help to mitigate the wide damage variance(though you will still notice it at times).

I think it comes down to two things:

>What you have available to you
>The choice of greater damage at the cost of HP versus the comfort of invincibility for 20 seconds.

Both classes have good multiclass options if you can get them and crafted weapons are an decent option with a crit build. In the end, it all comes down to how you want to do it though. :V

Drsmiley72
Sep 5, 2014, 09:53 AM
Well I am premium. And I currently have the kenei (sp?) multiclass. Katana. At +10. So I'm not crating it because it gets weaker actually. Learned. From personal experience on that one...

SSo I had to buy a new one lol.

But yes, I have the money and passes for weapons. But from what I've read I think I'll stay fighter. I'm actually really good at dodging so I rarely get hit with limit break on or off so I'll stick with my glass Cannon lol.

Thanks guys.

Rayden
Sep 5, 2014, 10:40 AM
Since nobody else mentioned it, I want to add that the Katana Gear significantly boosts critical hit rate when it's active. You'd probably easily reach 100% critical hit rate with that combined with the critical skills. You probably wouldn't even need all the critical skills maxed out to do that. That'd mean a permanent +15% damage from Critical Strike whenever you have the gear up.

final_attack
Sep 5, 2014, 11:00 AM
Oh right, I'm currently using FiBr (Katana user. I got another tree for Fi weapons with Hu sub.) ...... Critical-related I'm maxing out are Average Stance Critical (Br) and Critical Strike (Fi) for normal mobs.

And just like Rayden said, Katana Gear will do the rest of critical rate needed.

Unless you're using Fighter weapons, of course. But, even without Brave / Wise Critical ..... your critical rate is still nice too ..... 15% (Critical Strike) + 25% (Average Critical, it's now 25% I think. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) + 5% (base) = 45% chance. Should be enough critical rate for Fi weapons.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 5, 2014, 12:32 PM
I've tested this and a fi/hu and br/hu both hit alot harder then a br/fi or fi/br so I would just level up hunter instead of using a useless combo but that's just me

TehblackUchiha
Sep 5, 2014, 04:20 PM
Haven't seen anything hit harder than this Fi/Br

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24399089

ReverseSeraf
Sep 5, 2014, 05:33 PM

I've tested this and a fi/hu and br/hu both hit alot harder then a br/fi or fi/br so I would just level up hunter instead of using a useless combo but that's just me

Guess it's time for me to break out the pictures to prove that Fi/Br is better than Br/Hu, given that certain conditions are met.

Br/Hu:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bkDR7/33020df72f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Fi/Br (without anything):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bkDSA/0e9a89ea2b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Fi/Br (with PP Slayer):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bkDTw/6edda3b895.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Fi/Br (with PP Slayer and Limit Break):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bkDUu/af777d1e23.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Fi/Br (with PP Slayer, Limit Break, and Tech Arts JA):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bkDVN/ecf6f336e4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

My Fi/Br is currently 65/70, and I missing points in some slayer skill, which actually would make a huge difference, because the gain is exponential if you invest more points in it. So as you can see, Fi/Br has a lot of potential and can easily outdamage a Br/Hu. Only downside to it would be that it's very conditional, but it's not hard to work around.

Now, back on topic:
NexusAZ pretty much hit it spot on, so... goddamit.