PDA

View Full Version : In regards to 'improving'

Fandom Ruck
Sep 5, 2014, 06:33 AM
As a long time lurker on this site, I've finally decided to come out of my shell on here after following various discussions and threads on here with a question.

I haven't played since EP1, started again about 2 weeks before the EP3 update.

So far I've noticed I've thoroughly enjoyed the vast improvements they've made since EP1 though I have not dabbled in Braver/Bouncer yet.

From what I've seen in most discussions, most recently seeing it constantly mentioned in the "B20 why you so dookie" thread, is the concept of general approval from other players in regards to consistently seeking improvement on your character(s).

As an EP1 Gu/Ra playing in a EP3 world dominated by force and braver types, why should I be actively be seeking to improve on? I've searched around on Reddit and PSOW relentlessly for a build skill-tree wise that will suit my play with the obnoxious amount of skill tree resets I've collected. (That feel of collecting all the event prizes when never playing in them <3).

So far I've gotten my shit wrecked an infinite amount of times by this Dark Falz Loserbro. I've played TD3 twice and TD2 once and I was thoroughly happy with how fun they are. Beach seems monotonous but excellent for EXP after my multiple runs of it.

After finally getting my third 10* unit (as some of you may remember 10* units used to be hard to come by without melting your mind farming Banthers/Banshees) I decided that'd be the first thing I'd improve on after using the purple Luxe 9* set and replaced them all with the Calbun set.

Next I figure I need to upgrade my TMGs since I'm still using the Surukurai, I have an 11* weapon pass so I'm looking for suggestions there.

TL;DR - I need suggestions on where to I can improve on my skill tree, weapons, and units.

EDIT: I'm using the 10* Surukurai, not the Ishurai I previously put by mistake.

Thanks. <3

Shear
Sep 5, 2014, 06:54 AM
For Gunner Builds we have a nice one here in the Build Thread
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221527
As for the 11*Pass (FEEL MY ENVY RAWR) If you have trouble surviving I suggest good old Guld&Milla for the Passive, otherwise I hear Helen Trager is really good.
I do not have a 11* Weapon though so this is mostly what i heard.
As for Units Gwanman is good but it's also rather expensive sadly (there is no leg part)

Well that's my quick suggestion.

:EDIT: Oh my! a fellow German :)

Fandom Ruck
Sep 5, 2014, 07:30 AM
For Gunner Builds we have a nice one here in the Build Thread
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221527
As for the 11*Pass (FEEL MY ENVY RAWR) If you have trouble surviving I suggest good old Guld&Milla for the Passive, otherwise I hear Helen Trager is really good.
I do not have a 11* Weapon though so this is mostly what i heard.
As for Units Gwanman is good but it's also rather expensive sadly (there is no leg part)

Well that's my quick suggestion.

:EDIT: Oh my! a fellow German :)

I'm only in Germany (actually currently in Romania) because of military stuff. US Army, etc etc. Germany is quite nice though, I live in Bavaria.

For the 11* weapons, (it's my first one since 11* weapons weren't even around back when I played) I've heard good things about Guld Milla, but I've also been looking at the Falco Flint. From what I've talked about with fellow Gu/Ra's it comes down to play style and preference, although the Falco's damage edges out the Guld's too. idk on which to get though.

Is the Gwanman considerably better than the Calbun set? Just kinda curious considering I already invested in buying the set.

EDIT: I also have the 2 of the 11* Fanen set and I plan on doing another gauntlet of the Oceanids XQ so I can get the third unit. Would it be worth pursuing the third unit or should I go for one of the Bio weapons?

Shear
Sep 5, 2014, 07:40 AM
If you can get your Hands on Caliburn you can ignore what i wrote, that set is quite awesome.
It also tends to be <beep>ing expensive so I didn't mention it at first.
Guld&Milla can make you nearly immortal but it isn't the strongest 11* TMG, also they want to change the Latent so it might be a lot less useful in the future.
With the Falco from what I've seen you would trade the Drain Effect for more Punch and more Dakka (thanks to light formation) If you're confident in your evasion skills then I don't think it's a wrong choice.

But some of our Latent Ability experts here will probably prove me wrong :)

Fandom Ruck
Sep 5, 2014, 07:45 AM
If you can get your Hands on Caliburn you can ignore what i wrote, that set is quite awesome.
It also tends to be <beep>ing expensive so I didn't mention it at first.
Guld&Milla can make you nearly immortal but it isn't the strongest 11* TMG, also they want to change the Latent so it might be a lot less useful in the future.
With the Falco from what I've seen you would trade the Drain Effect for more Punch and more Dakka (thanks to light formation) If you're confident in your evasion skills then I don't think it's a wrong choice.

But some of our Latent Ability experts here will probably prove me wrong :)

Caliburn didn't seem that overly expensive, but then again I only went with the bare minimum in regards to making sure it simply had Mizer and Shoot III. Guld's seem more appealing with the frequency at which I die on Falz Loser.

Shiyo
Sep 5, 2014, 07:46 AM
Don't get GM's, they're being nerfed in october.

Shear
Sep 5, 2014, 07:52 AM
We don't know in what way yet, could very well be they just reduce the Healing amount (I hope -.-).
But yeah it does make one wary.

Rien
Sep 5, 2014, 07:52 AM
So far I've gotten my shit wrecked an infinite amount of times by this Dark Falz Loserbro.

While this is somewhat understandable, how's your shiftdodging?

WildarmsRE5
Sep 5, 2014, 07:53 AM
even if its 3%, it doesn't matter as long as it can keep Perfect Keeper 99% of the time.

since "oh my, a turret hit me!" or "what? an infection core hit me?"

seriously wrecks Perfect Keeper.

Fandom Ruck
Sep 5, 2014, 07:58 AM
Don't get GM's, they're being nerfed in october.

I guess that forces my hand in getting Falcos. Where did you see WHEN they're getting nerfed? Just curious, not saying you're wrong cause you more than likely know more than me considering I missed an entire episode of PSO2.

We don't know in what way yet, could very well be they just reduce the Healing amount (I hope -.-).
But yeah it does make one wary.

I guess we'll see.

While this is somewhat understandable, how's your shiftdodging?

It's not bad, I don't typically get hit too often but when I do it's one of those moments when I just decided to poorly time when I wanna shoot my WB or an instance of those daggers that freeze you in place then take a dump on you. I might just be considerably under-leveled. I'm only 59/45(I think my sub is 45, I know it's above 40.) so the amount of damage that Loser dishes when I do get hit by accident or by something unavoidable it might be because of my lack of HP, DEF, etc.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 5, 2014, 10:46 AM
Well you got enough advice gear wise. As for Loser, don't worry about it. Accidents happen, and it's very easy with Loser especially if he decides to be a dick and spam the freaking blood pools like 5 times in a row.

Fandom Ruck
Sep 5, 2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah. I appreciate the help to those that did.

Decided on making a second character as a Force, is there anything I should immediately rush getting?

Rien
Sep 5, 2014, 08:34 PM
Charge PP Revival. Back when it was part of the fire tree every force would get this as soon as they could.