PDA

View Full Version : Sega Tweets PSO 2 West is still coming...

Redboigoi
Sep 5, 2014, 09:32 AM
Hmm.. https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/507206954800803840

FerrickX
Sep 5, 2014, 09:36 AM
hahahahaha bullshit, that's what they said a year ago as well, the same on 2012

Naizuya Tatzubani
Sep 5, 2014, 09:39 AM
http://media.terrafemina.net/articles/L/46980.jpg

SEGA: Don't worry, PSO2 is on its way!

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 5, 2014, 09:41 AM
If PSO2 comes West, I'll eat a hat. I seriously am calling BS on this.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 5, 2014, 09:43 AM
If PSO2 comes West, I'll eat a hat. I seriously am calling BS on this.

You and everyone else I think. Why do people still get to excited over this? *checks twitter reactions*

ashley50
Sep 5, 2014, 09:53 AM
Keep them hopes alive.

Fandom Ruck
Sep 5, 2014, 09:56 AM
Why would anyone bother playing PSO2 NA anyways? SoA will just treat PSO2 like they did PSU. PSU was an entire year behind on updates in comparison to the JP servers.

Xelor
Sep 5, 2014, 09:58 AM
Not going over to the west anyways, unless they prove they can keep up with content and have decent AC/Fun stuff and events. That and if my friends also agree to move.

Shirai
Sep 5, 2014, 10:01 AM
Why do they insist on giving people false hopes? Everyone should know this ain't gonna happen

The_Brimada
Sep 5, 2014, 10:13 AM
They shouldn't have announced it in the first place until they had a release date. The way they are going about it is just plain stupid. Of course there are still people who do want an NA release because they refuse to play on the JP server...which is lazy at this point imo, but to each their own.

doomdragon83
Sep 5, 2014, 10:35 AM
There's no reason to go to the Western version for the reasons already mentioned, especially those of us who experienced PSU and not on the JP PSU.

Seriously, how are they going to handle this game? I'm very sure not everything available here will make it to the West like all of those Collaborations and certain things may get changed up (stuff like sexy bikini).

The Western version could get picked apart before even being released and will be way behind on content. The longer it takes, the less reason to believe that this would go well, Will all of the recent changes to skills and PA be implemented off the bat or do we pretend that the preEP3 Skills/PAs are ok until about another 2 years?

If you know any better, don't hold your breath over a Western release. Sega's own incompetence about the unnecessary delay plus the severe lack of information speaks for itself. It will take a lot to convince me to head over to a Western PSO2 and I'm absolutely sure Sega will never be able to make the right moves in order to get me to go there.

Galax
Sep 5, 2014, 11:19 AM
I'll just uh...
*glances at PSU*

Nah, even if it's coming, I'm not playing.

Xaeris
Sep 5, 2014, 12:07 PM
At this point, it's irresponsible of them to advertise PSO2 West without any concrete information to give.

reaper527
Sep 5, 2014, 12:08 PM
worth mentioning, it's the same thing they said 2 months ago

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/474993009809829888

and when i say the same thing, i mean form letter response, the only thing changed was the name they were sending it to.

Vintasticvin
Sep 5, 2014, 12:10 PM
ITS NO USE! (http://youtu.be/v8K3EuLDIxg) I had hopes but I admitted to myself its not going to happen and they should have made the announcement when the game was for sure near completion or at least say "We have plans of bringing an international release of pso2 we don't have an exact date but we will share updates" or something along that line.

blace
Sep 5, 2014, 12:19 PM
Hmm? Oh, I'm sorry, I'm still relying on this page (http://blogs.sega.com/category/phantasy-star-online-2/) for confirmation.

But really though, if they were to say that they don't have a date, it's not much better than saying it's been delayed indefinitely.

yoshiblue
Sep 5, 2014, 12:23 PM
PSO2 now crossplatforming on all US consoles. Yoshiblue gets N64 exclusive. http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28.png

chaosheal
Sep 5, 2014, 12:26 PM
I've been ready for PSO2 west since the game was first announced but at this point? I don't think I'd even play it, like most of us I got tired of waiting and just settled down on japanese servers. Sure, the fact that the game isn't FULLY translated bothers me from time to time, I like npc chatter but besides that why in the flying duck would I switch to a version that's probably gonna be really lacking in content, updates and population? Not happening, thanks Sega for screwing that up, meanwhile keep eating my money while I'm playing on your japanese server ...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 5, 2014, 12:29 PM
Fuck off, Sega. You had your chance. If this game does come West, you better have a good goddamn reason why:

We get COMPLETE SILENCE on why it's not here, in this day and age, and
Explain why it took so long to bring it here, let alone mention anything to us, which I hope would be solved with the first question.

Otherwise, get bent.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 5, 2014, 12:34 PM
I'll just uh...
*glances at PSU*

Nah, even if it's coming, I'm not playing.

so my reaction with every western PS product? x3

the_importer_
Sep 5, 2014, 12:39 PM
Here would be my conditions to play on the NA servers:

1- Full up to date content day 1
2- Being able to transfer my character and all my stuff from (including music) from the JPN servers
3- No censorship, proper translation and no renaming
4- Since this all make-believe, get me a magic lamp with a genie inside so that I can have 3 wishes

SakoHaruo
Sep 5, 2014, 12:42 PM
I pray this will never happen. Long live JP PSO2!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 5, 2014, 12:44 PM
Here would be my conditions to play on the NA servers:

1- Full up to date content day 1
The model the game is being run under would make this basically impossible. They would have to rework the entire game for this to work, and you have to consider the game is 24GB on disk right now. That's a lot to download just to /try/ a game. I'm anticipating they're trying to get physical as well as digital media, if possible. Though, again, 24GB.

2- Being able to transfer my character and all my stuff from (including music) from the JPN servers Not gonna happen.

3- No censorship, proper translation and no renaming 2/3 ain't bad.

4- Since this all make-believe, get me a magic lamp with a genie inside so that I can have 3 wishes
I dibs third wish.

UnLucky
Sep 5, 2014, 01:06 PM
Will all of the recent changes to skills and PA be implemented off the bat or do we pretend that the preEP3 Skills/PAs are ok until about another 2 years?
I'd actually wager it would be, considering the SEA version had a lot of the later tweaks implemented from the start; just the game content was held back.

But that's the only concession I'll make

Flaoc
Sep 5, 2014, 01:34 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz yawn even if this ever comes out im staying on the jp server

starwind75043
Sep 5, 2014, 01:42 PM
This sounds morel like a general statement put out by someone in the business office. Not a statement of someone in actually development of a game

Working in a corporate environment...you get use to genric business speak

Chigun
Sep 5, 2014, 01:53 PM
24 GB thing aside, why exactly do they have to rework PSO2 for foreign releases? Just translate everything as-is and go for it. Really I had this same question in mind for the SEA release.

No matter. Having spent almost 600 hours (a trifle to some here, but I joined not TOO long ago) on JP PSO2, I have no incentive to start over, even if it means playing with people who speak my native language.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 5, 2014, 02:07 PM
24 GB thing aside, why exactly do they have to rework PSO2 for foreign releases? Just translate everything as-is and go for it. Really I had this same question in mind for the SEA release.

In their infinite wisdom, they believe there's things that need to be localized to be made baka gaijin friendly before release than just the language barrier, like getting rid of some japanese costumes and hairstyles to replace them with Guile flat tops, and 'murica forearm tattoos.

IndigoNovember
Sep 5, 2014, 02:56 PM

Sakai did say that he would want to expand the skin tones to better allow African skin tones, if I remember correctly.

blackstar
Sep 5, 2014, 06:36 PM
Not bad SEGA. A 2 year promise of a Western release may just be the longest internet troll ever.

IndignationSWF
Sep 5, 2014, 06:44 PM
I don't expect to see PSO2 released in the west in my lifetime, but here's the catch: Even if they do, why would I bother? I put in over 400 hours on my main with up to date content. What's the point of losing all my friends and my character just for native translations that may or mat not be inferior to the work that fans have put in over the last two years?

Seems pointless in my opinion.

Zyrusticae
Sep 5, 2014, 07:02 PM
Not bad SEGA. A 2 year promise of a Western release may just be the longest internet troll ever.
Nah, I believe that title still belongs to Blade & Soul. Still have that same post on the English website posted on December 2012 where they say it's in development, not being censored, etc., etc. The game itself was announced in 2006. Imagine how it feels for those of us who've been waiting for the game since its initial reveal! PSO2's got nothin' on that.

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2014, 07:21 PM
Duke Nukem Forever 2: The MMO?

Still, PSO2 is pmuch Duke Nukem Forever 2: The MMO 2: Return to Son of Duke Lake.

SakoHaruo
Sep 5, 2014, 07:34 PM
How does Sega win in this situation? I mean, blocking EN from PSO2 JP hurts them as much as not blocking EN from PSO2 JP. Why would someone who has access to PSO2 JP waste time with PSO2 EN, and if they do block EN from JP severs, how many of those people (with 3 or more characters at 70/70) are willing to restart on an inferior version that may or may not do well in the market?

Imo, fuck off EN and keep things as they are right now.

Btw don't give me that 1% bullshit. The people who want to play PSO2 are already playing PSO2. A few newcomers on EN side wont make a difference. If your best friend doesn't wanna download PSO2 JP then they probably think PSO2 isn't worth their time.

IndignationSWF
Sep 5, 2014, 07:37 PM
Duke Nukem Forever 2: The MMO?

Still, PSO2 is pmuch Duke Nukem Forever 2: The MMO 2: Return to Son of Duke Lake.

PSO2 JP: Mother 3/You can't have it!
PSO2 SEA: FFXIV(original)/Functional...Maybe?
PSO2 USA: DNF /Ten years late and full of broken promises.
PSO2 EU: Persona Series/You'll get it...after the US...a year later...maybe.

XrosBlader821
Sep 5, 2014, 07:41 PM
What arguments will they have to lure people who spent tons of cash an hours into the JP version of the game?

inb4 ass slider in character creation exclusive to PSO2 NA & EU

But seriously though. Unless PSO2 NA/EU is a completely revamped game that doesn't has so much BS as the JP version has (Dex, Crit damage, crafting, various skill tree skills, story cutscene quality, drop rates) I don't see a single reason switching servers.

Meta77
Sep 5, 2014, 07:59 PM
Let people have hope seriously no wonder they lag behind bringing it stateside. I would to with fans like the ones poking fun at the hopefuls. Let them hope

And so what if you spent tons of hours on the jp server and got certain weapons etc etc. Ive spent over 2000 hours on disgaea 4. Ive yet to max out my character and ive yet to get my platinum in it. But guess what. As soon as disgaea 5 drops ill buy it and the jp version of D4 with extra content cause thats how i game.

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2014, 08:05 PM
Let people have hope seriously no wonder they lag behind bringing it stateside. I would to with fans like the ones poking fun at the hopefuls.

No you wouldn't, because you'd be paid to do shit. You wouldn't give a shit what a half dozen or so underaged videogame dweebs say on a third party webforum, you'd be trying to not get fired.

Supporting Evidence: Every game that has ever come out ever.

SakoHaruo
Sep 5, 2014, 08:08 PM
Let people have hope seriously no wonder they lag behind bringing it stateside. I would to with fans like the ones poking fun at the hopefuls. Let them hope

And so what if you spent tons of hours on the jp server and got certain weapons etc etc. Ive spent over 2000 hours on disgaea 4. Ive yet to max out my character and ive yet to get my platinum in it. But guess what. As soon as disgaea 5 drops ill buy it and the jp version of D4 with extra content cause thats how i game.

D4 and D5 are two completely different game. So... you're saying NA/EU is getting PSO3!? :-o

IndignationSWF
Sep 5, 2014, 08:16 PM

You can't really compare a sequel to a franchise with the idea of giving up your work to start over on the same game. The burnout point in terms of rebuilding from scratch after hundreds of hours on well explored content is a lot lower.

I agree with you in general that people normally shouldn't be so negative, but here's the thing; We were told around the Japanese launch that we'd be receiving it too...over two years ago. Since then there's been silence bordering on dismissal and a whole lot of empty promises.

Then there's the issue of how many people have already put in a lot of work into the current JPN version. It's easy for people to say start over, but when you realize what it took to get you from point A to B in the game, it's much harder to buy into.

It's always good to hope, but the longer this goes on, the more cynical and jaded fans will become. Quite frankly, a little skepticism here is warranted, though if they do release it I'll at least tell people about it because I want people to experience the game. I just can't see any reason for most already in the game to make the switch unless they go all out.

Xaeris
Sep 5, 2014, 08:19 PM
inb4 ass slider in character creation exclusive to PSO2 NA & EU

All would be forgiven.

untrustful
Sep 5, 2014, 08:38 PM
If the game does come stateside, it'll probably start the same way japan did, 3 classes, class max of lvl 40,etc. It would be extremely nice to have an up to date pso2 with decent staff to maintain it to the bare minimum of being only a month behind, but man we all know sega's got some problem with itself that it never comes to terms with.

They seriously need to stop being so quiet and start conversing like a damn human being, not only about pso2 but other things as well. I heard there was some office drama they have going on where coworkers compete with each other or something about bringing each other down. That's not exactly beneficial for efficiency and productivity. I wish I could just fix sega, ya know?

untrustful
Sep 5, 2014, 08:41 PM
lol I lost a dancing gif

Yden
Sep 5, 2014, 08:49 PM
If PSO2 does come stateside, they need to remove gameguard. This shit sucks and it's refuses to play nice with any other programs including Steam's overlay and lord knows they'd want the game to be downloadable through Steam as well.

Dragon_Knight
Sep 5, 2014, 09:35 PM
Yea....I lost interest in this idea a long time ago. I'm almost two years into this game as it is and I will not be changing over stateside even if it does come out. PSOBB/PSU were great while they were here but SoJ/SoA convinced me they hate their customers like we stole their fresh baked pie AND drew dicks on their dogs fur. Nearly everything they said during BB and U about being only slightly behind the JP players was a flat out lie, hell they even cut out the PC PSU because it was tied to the PS2 console and THAT was "what kept the game from reaching its full potential." >:\ Yea the Xbox version didn't get half the updates it was promised after they killed the PC/PS2 and closed down a year later.

I seriously could ONLY be dragged kicking and screaming stateside now IF they could meet a very stringent set of impossible to meet criteria. I honestly can tolerate being a month or so behind in updates to the game, if they actually follow through on that, but segac's track record on that one front alone is nearly non-existent.

ArataWata
Sep 6, 2014, 12:07 AM
Too bad they always say this.

IndignationSWF
Sep 6, 2014, 12:54 AM
Conspiracy Theory: Sega's gonna hold this and Yakuza hostage so we buy Sonic Boom.

landman
Sep 6, 2014, 04:26 AM
I started over for PSO Ep I&II. I started over for PSOBB. If the west server ever exists I'll start over too, and support it. I won't leave my thousand of hours in the JP server thou, I'll just play both.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2014, 05:03 AM
This game is hard enough to put up with on it's best version. Why would it being able to read it be worth month 6 content. @_@

gigawuts
Sep 6, 2014, 06:01 AM
I started over for PSO Ep I&II. I started over for PSOBB. If the west server ever exists I'll start over too, and support it. I won't leave my thousand of hours in the JP server thou, I'll just play both.

Stop making so much sense can't you tell this thread is for irrational people only?

Rakurai
Sep 6, 2014, 06:10 AM
Eh.

I doubt I'd play the US version seriously, but having an excuse for making another character would be nice.

MoonlightMyau
Sep 6, 2014, 06:32 AM
As much as that tweet is repeated bullshit, I still think there is scope for this game to come out in the West.

A lot of previous PS players are still waiting for this. Believe it or not, a lot of gamers don't care if a server is behind another one. Some people just want to download & play a game without having to do anything else.

They should never have closed down PSU West until this was more ready though.

cheatpso
Sep 6, 2014, 06:33 AM
ooooooooo nvm

EspeonageTieler
Sep 6, 2014, 06:44 AM
same exact tweet theyve been saying since 2012

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 11:35 AM
The model the game is being run under would make this basically impossible. They would have to rework the entire game for this to work, and you have to consider the game is 24GB on disk right now. That's a lot to download just to /try/ a game. I'm anticipating they're trying to get physical as well as digital media, if possible. Though, again, 24GB. Not gonna happen. 2/3 ain't bad.
I dibs third wish.

And if someone wants to start playing PSO2 JP right now, he still needs to download that 24GB, so your argument there doesn't hold. Hell I started in April, had a lot of catching up to do.

As for save data, it's not impossible to do, just unlikely.

Favrenation
Sep 6, 2014, 12:26 PM
Meanwhile Sega is releasing the second project diva f over in America since that would make them more money than an mmo. (Still buying the game though lol)

Randomness
Sep 6, 2014, 01:20 PM
I wonder if that account got bombarded with the question if they'd do more than a canned answer.

It would at least show interest I guess.

Sinue_v2
Sep 6, 2014, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't get it now, even if they did release it stateside, nor would I go back to the JP version. They fucked around too much, and I'm beyond the point of caring.

The only thing I can take from the whole debacle is a tiny shred of dignity in knowing that I never spent dime one on PSO2JP. If they don't want to treat me like a customer, then fine, I won't be a customer.

jeremycards
Sep 6, 2014, 02:42 PM
http://media.terrafemina.net/articles/L/46980.jpg

SEGA: Don't worry, PSO2 is on its way!

i would give you a medal if i could xD

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 6, 2014, 03:19 PM
i like how they referred to themselves in third person they said PSO2 isn't cancelled "and SEGA is currently working on bringing it over" that sounds like they don't even know that they are Sega

Laxedrane
Sep 6, 2014, 03:45 PM
i like how they referred to themselves in third person they said PSO2 isn't cancelled "and SEGA is currently working on bringing it over" that sounds like they don't even know that they are Sega

That could be a number of things. Like the person in charge of conveying information over twitter isn't apart of the project or sega of US referring to sega of Japan. Yah dah Yah dah.

mctastee
Sep 6, 2014, 08:03 PM
To be honest, I think it's too late anyway. Unless they released it for PS4 there is no chance I will get it.

Anon_Fire
Sep 6, 2014, 08:09 PM
Maybe there isn't a SEGA of America left after all the layoffs.

FerrickX
Sep 6, 2014, 08:19 PM
Maybe there isn't a SEGA of America left after all the layoffs.

or maybe SOA was just a collective figment of our imaginations *DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN*

IndignationSWF
Sep 6, 2014, 08:32 PM
or maybe SOA was just a collective figment of our imaginations *DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN*

I'm reminded of a JonTron bit.
"What the fuuuuuck is a 'Sonic'?!"

EvilMag
Sep 6, 2014, 09:49 PM

Well considering that two people (Edward and Ruby) were the only ones who cared about Phantasy Star have left the company it's hard to not doubt PSO2's US fate.

I wonder if SoA losing Ruby was a huge blow since he was a brand manager for the sonic games.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 6, 2014, 10:24 PM
And if someone wants to start playing PSO2 JP right now, he still needs to download that 24GB, so your argument there doesn't hold. Hell I started in April, had a lot of catching up to do.

As for save data, it's not impossible to do, just unlikely.
But it's much higher risk out here. PS is a relatively niche series in the US. Starting a huge game with full content like that is a massive gamble. They don't have any real idea if people are going to even play the game. The only reason it works for the JP is because it has an established fanbase, not to mention the game has been chugging along for two years now. And that was two years of drip feed, which made their money. Releasing it all at once, they'll (maybe) get a huge boost in initial money, but it's hard to say if it would translate into profit that early. Suddenly they're already losing money because they got all their profits in a month.

Again, that's assuming the game gets the same treatment of every non-Sonic game.

And I didn't say impossible(maybe I did but I don't care to go back and look), it's just that they won't do it. They'd be breaking their own ToS, or straight up ignoring it. Any kind of promotion for playing on the JP servers (which at the time was not allowed, so to speak), would require a rewrite of the ToS. Is that difficult? No. It creates a weird situation where they didn't want foreigners playing on the server, but now are supporting those who did. Though, they could just charge out the butt for it, since you violated ToS.

LordKaiser
Sep 6, 2014, 10:34 PM
They could start episode 1 with all 8 classes, 4 races and new skill trees but truncated to the lowest level that PSO2 was at the beginning.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 6, 2014, 10:39 PM
That sounds like a terrible idea.

WildarmsRE5
Sep 6, 2014, 11:06 PM
I started over for PSO Ep I&II. I started over for PSOBB. If the west server ever exists I'll start over too, and support it. I won't leave my thousand of hours in the JP server thou, "I'll just play both."This is what I said to myself when PSO2 SEA was released. . .

then we got Ban Hammered for being in SEA.

landman
Sep 7, 2014, 04:05 AM
This is what I said to myself when PSO2 SEA was released. . .

then we got Ban Hammered for being in SEA.
If Sega releases PSO2 in the west, then Sega will be 100% responsible for a similar ban, you can not blame Sega west and NOT blame Sega Japan, it is not the same case in which playpark is responsible for the IP ban (and sega accepted) so because of that you don't support them.

On what I said I also take the possibility of an IP ban, if that is the case scenario, then I will provably play a smaller % in the JP version, after all many people are now playing as if they were IP banned (not my case).

Uncle_bob
Sep 7, 2014, 05:06 AM
Sega fucked up.

It's too late to release PSO2 in the west. They cockteased everyone for too long, and now all the hardcore PS fans have either moved on or already have an account on the JP server. No one else in the west would buy it because they're all casual shitbags that only want to play Minecraft clones, Call of Battlefield, or indie trash. Plus Sega completely fails at marketing Phantasy Star games outside of Japan.

They'll never openly accept non-foreigners on the JP server because they are incredibly stubborn and xenophobic, and rightly so. Besides, a western release would be shit and you all know it. Sorry pals, Sega fucked up worse than usual this time and none of us will be able to enjoy PSO2. Not to its fullest extent anyway. Go get a VPN or use that furry's proxy that definitely probably 100% cannot result in a ban.

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2014, 05:12 AM
Sega fucked up.

It's too late to release PSO2 in the west. They cockteased everyone for too long, and now all the hardcore PS fans have either moved on or already have an account on the JP server. No one else in the west would buy it because they're all casual shitbags that only want to play Minecraft clones, Call of Battlefield, or indie trash. Plus Sega completely fails at marketing Phantasy Star games outside of Japan.

They'll never openly accept non-foreigners on the JP server because they are incredibly stubborn and xenophobic, and rightly so. Besides, a western release would be shit and you all know it. Sorry pals, Sega fucked up worse than usual this time and none of us will be able to enjoy PSO2. Not to its fullest extent anyway. Go get a VPN or use that furry's proxy that definitely probably 100% cannot result in a ban.

Bruh, I agree with you?

But it's 6 AM and you sound mad as FUUUUCK!

I thought my week was bad.

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2014, 05:14 AM
It's too late to release PSO2 in the west. They cockteased everyone for too long, and now all the hardcore PS fans have either moved on or already have an account on the JP server. No one else in the west would buy it because they're all casual shitbags that only want to play Minecraft clones, Call of Battlefield, or indie trash. Plus Sega completely fails at marketing Phantasy Star games outside of Japan.I have plenty of friends, who have never even heard of phantasy star before, and want to play but don't want to jump through all the hoops to play the JP version. If someone is "casual" for not wanting to setup a VPN, download a translation patch, and figure out how to sign up for a Japanese game on a Japanese site then I don't even want to know what you consider "hardcore".

If the game doesn't do well it's going to be because of lack of exposure (the only part I agree with you on), not lack of interest.

Uncle_bob
Sep 7, 2014, 05:19 AM
Bruh, I agree with you?

But it's 6 AM and you sound mad as FUUUUCK!

I thought my week was bad.

I'm so mad that I just took a shit in a used sock and threw it at my neighbor's car.

I have plenty of friends, who have never even heard of phantasy star before, and want to play but don't want to jump through all the hoops to play the JP version. If someone is "casual" for not wanting to setup a VPN, download a translation patch, and figure out how to sign up for a Japanese game on a Japanese site then I don't even want to know what you consider "hardcore".

If the game doesn't do well it's going to be because of lack of exposure (the only part I agree with you on), not lack of interest.

I meant that western gamers are casuals because for the most part none of them would want to put effort into a game like PSO2 where everything isn't immediately dropped in your lap. Which is funny because PSO2 is still easy as shit.

Prior to all this DDOS shit I would have said someone is lazy for not wanting to install the EN patches to play the game, but now it's understandable to not want to deal with all of that and a VPN.

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2014, 05:25 AM
I meant that western gamers are casuals because for the most part none of them would want to put effort into a game like PSO2 where everything isn't immediately dropped in your lap. Which is funny because PSO2 is still easy as shit.
I'm having a hard time understanding this considering leveling has only gotten easier as time went on, money isn't actually hard to come by, and literally everything else is RNG.

Or are you telling me that putting up with those atrocious chances to get the thing you want and upgrade it makes you a better person?

Uncle_bob
Sep 7, 2014, 05:27 AM
I think you're looking to create a conflict where there isn't one. Calm down, nerd.

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2014, 05:32 AM
I think you're looking to create a conflict where there isn't one. Calm down, nerd.You're the one throwing insults around for no reason. :I

EDIT: you're not wrong though.

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2014, 05:37 AM
Is it really that hard to download two items, click one item, and follow a simple tutorial? =/You don't know the people I know. :wacko:

EDIT: Besides, people need to know about the tweaker before they can use it anyway. Most people don't even know PSO2 is a game, let alone where to get started unless someone else tells them. For most games you go to the website and buy or download it, make an account and play. It's not that simple with PSO2.

My point was that there are plenty of people who would play it if they knew it was a thing in the first place.

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2014, 05:49 AM
I edited my post, sorry about the snark by the way. That was only half true. The other half is that I'm starting to guilt trip for trying to get people into games I don't actually think are that great and have extra steps to play on top of that. It's the same way I feel about Mabi, there's so much backwards crap you have to do to make the game playable without horrible horrible lag.

FacelessRed
Sep 7, 2014, 07:25 AM
Hmm... I probably should be following SEGA's twitter...

JanosA
Sep 7, 2014, 08:03 AM
It was no easy task to get going on PSO2 JP for me, but I jumped through the hoops at release and got it done. Played hardcore for a couple years, then the DDoS closed me down. I know theres ways I can work around the situation, but I just refuse to jump through anymore hoops to play this. I really love PSO2 JP, but no more hoops for me.

I was once one of those saying, "I won't switch from JP to NA", but now I would gladly get on the NA server just to have my PSO2 back.

DrCatco
Sep 7, 2014, 09:40 AM
The only way (that I can see at this time) that an English release works for SEGA, is that SEGA jp makes it, SEGA jp publish it, and SEGA jp manages it. Hell, they can go all the way and say: "Hey, look at this new shiny english server! Wanna be in it? 5000 AC please." And Dudu would be swimming in a sea of meseta faster than you can kill a rockbear.

But then again, that would invalidate all these tweets and announcements and that would set a bad precedent, isn't it?

BIG OLAF
Sep 7, 2014, 09:57 AM
Hmm... I probably should be following SEGA's twitter...

If you want some good comedy, sure. For actual news? It's so few and far between that it would be easier just to use the ol' Google.

Yden
Sep 7, 2014, 09:59 AM
Is it really that hard to download two items, click one item, and follow a simple tutorial? =/

You'd be surprised. When you deal with enough tech illiterate people, you'd realize simple steps for us is like trying to do calculus for them.

BubblyBoar
Sep 7, 2014, 11:47 AM
It's less about how simple it is to sign up, and more about the community and setting. There are a lot of games I play both NA and KR/JP versions for and they have completely different feels when compared to each other. With foreign publishers, you always ALWAYS feel out of place. Even with Eng patch, all Eng guild, all Eng friends, and all Eng area, you still feel out of place. A lot of people just plain don't like that feeling. I know I don't.

It's like, if no friends/guildmates around and I start up a random party, how annoying or difficult is that going to be? How long is it going to take to grab some people to do this random low level Arks Quest with? Compared to an NA version where everyone playing can talk to me? If I wanted to solo everything, I'd play a console game, not an MMO! When I do an public game (EQs, matchmaking, whatever), how many people to I get to openly talk to and plan with? On JP games and DEFINITELY on KR games, that's just straight up none.

And then there's the whole thing about how you aren't supposed to be there. Afraid to speak because some hater will get you banned (90% of KR games), or that you consciously or subconsciously don't want to be "that annoying foreigner" ruining their gaming experience. And we all already know that new peoples just straight up don't get help. Especially here on PSOW where people rather try once and give up on teaching "B-20ians" instead of taking the time to teach people how to play the game.

MoonlightMyau
Sep 7, 2014, 02:18 PM
BubblyBear (cute name), you summed up how a lot of people I know who are interested in this game feel, quite nicely.

Personally, I'd like to play the game without the thought in the back of my mind that I could banned just for being there, or for using the hoop jumping software. I also wouldn't want to put that thought into any new players heads by encouraging them to play.

IndignationSWF
Sep 7, 2014, 04:35 PM
Compared to what it was like a year ago to get into the game, it's a cake walk now. I know people would prefer a one-click method of entry. I feel the same but I think people really overestimate how hard it is to start playing now thanks to Aida and the others involved in the patches and tweaker.

Something else I thought about regarding a NA/EU release: We are going to have a LOT fewer events in general since a good amount of them are for events in Japan that aren't celebrated the same way here. Unless they put the work in, won't be replaced with regional equivalents.

Z-0
Sep 7, 2014, 05:36 PM
Not like the events on the JP server are events anyway, so your point is pretty moot.

Unless a seasonal LQ/EQ with a bingo card and different rappies counts as an event, anyway.

UnLucky
Sep 7, 2014, 06:03 PM
Good, I like the normal lobby music the best anyway

And it never fucking plays ever

landman
Sep 8, 2014, 02:34 AM
The only lobby pso2w would provably not get is the Titan one, but it could still come, PSP2 in the west included all of the anime collaborations (Evangelion, Fate, whatever else).

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 8, 2014, 02:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

this is all I think of when someone thinks and talks about wanting to play the US version of the game

May0
Sep 8, 2014, 03:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

this is all I think of when someone thinks and talks about wanting to play the US version of the game

I'll take "posts that scream autsim" for 600!

Seriously though, the contempt for folks on this board that have the audacity to want a localized version of this game is cringeworthy.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 8, 2014, 03:24 AM
I'll take "posts that scream autsim" for 600!

Seriously though, the contempt for folks on this board that have the audacity to want a localized version of this game is cringeworthy.

Play any PS game after PSO that was released in the states then tell me what game got treated the same was as the JP versions...oh? none of them? really? oh ok. You seem new to the forums if you can still think positive thoughts of Sega of America when it comes to this series.

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2014, 03:43 AM
Considering they just have to download a setup file, point the Tweaker to it, and hit "Install Patches -> English patch", that's... not really a good excuse anymore.

And if they don't want to use a VPN, just use Cyberkitsune's public proxy. You literally copy/paste a URL into the Tweaker, and you're done.

As for signing up, I have a full registration guide up. The only *remotely* difficult part is the captcha.

Is it really that hard to download two items, click one item, and follow a simple tutorial? =/
Could be easier, honestly.

Tweaker still doesn't automatically install patches for me despite setting that in the options and there being a compatible patch released for that version.

It'd be nice if it mentioned the patches if you're running vanilla JP, either on start or after an install/update. Could be a single click to install all preselected patches, save for incompatible ones.

Also the proxy setup just gives you no help at all so you have to Google it for some code or something somewhere? Whatever, not gonna bother, skip. :-?

landman
Sep 8, 2014, 03:50 AM
if you can still think positive thoughts of Sega of America when it comes to this series.

The problem with your thinking is that the lack of PSU support was not Sega of America's fault, it was Sega of Japan's.

May0
Sep 8, 2014, 03:55 AM
Play any PS game after PSO that was released in the states then tell me what game got treated the same was as the JP versions...oh? none of them? really? oh ok. You seem new to the forums if you can still think positive thoughts of Sega of America when it comes to this series.

I wasn't arguing quality on either side, I'm talking about sperging out when someone has a difference of opinion. Find me a post where someone wanting an English version berates a JP player and mocks them for their choice. I'd love to see it. You're not the only Nihon flag waver here to be sure and while I understand your sentiment, as an impartial party I find it a bit off putting.

I don't think you'll find anyone here that will debate that anything after PSO wasn't a mess but you'll certainly find enough contempt for anyone bothering to ask for something new.

Shinamori
Sep 8, 2014, 04:02 AM
The problem with your thinking is that the lack of PSU support was not Sega of America's fault, it was Sega of Japan's.

From what I heard, SoA and SoJ don't get along so well.

IndignationSWF
Sep 8, 2014, 04:06 AM
The only lobby pso2w would provably not get is the Titan one, but it could still come, PSP2 in the west included all of the anime collaborations (Evangelion, Fate, whatever else).

Sega would have to re-license everything that they don't own for use outside of Japan.

Achelousaurus
Sep 8, 2014, 04:13 AM
TBH, I am rather worried about a western release of PSO2.
Cause I fear the same shit that happened with SEA.
And West will be a lot more behind than SEA.

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2014, 04:16 AM
The problem with that thinking is the JP version of PSU was way better

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 8, 2014, 04:40 AM

If you read my post correctly I was talking about more then just PSU but ok

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 8, 2014, 04:41 AM
I wasn't arguing quality on either side, I'm talking about sperging out when someone has a difference of opinion. Find me a post where someone wanting an English version berates a JP player and mocks them for their choice. I'd love to see it. You're not the only Nihon flag waver here to be sure and while I understand your sentiment, as an impartial party I find it a bit off putting.

I don't think you'll find anyone here that will debate that anything after PSO wasn't a mess but you'll certainly find enough contempt for anyone bothering to ask for something new.
yeah you still seem new here

May0
Sep 8, 2014, 04:44 AM
yeah you still seem new here What is it like living in an echo chamber?

landman
Sep 8, 2014, 04:50 AM
The problem with that thinking is the JP version of PSU was way better
Which is obvious, if PSU west was even updated is for the fact that the 360 servers also had japanese players.

Uncle_bob
Sep 8, 2014, 05:24 AM
Could be easier, honestly.

Tweaker still doesn't automatically install patches for me despite setting that in the options and there being a compatible patch released for that version.

It'd be nice if it mentioned the patches if you're running vanilla JP, either on start or after an install/update. Could be a single click to install all preselected patches, save for incompatible ones.

Also the proxy setup just gives you no help at all so you have to Google it for some code or something somewhere? Whatever, not gonna bother, skip. :-?

Is this a fucking joke?

Shear
Sep 8, 2014, 08:22 AM
Agreed, the Tweaker is heaven compared to the Original Launcher and it's creator went out of the way to make installation really easy for us and all that for

FREE :-o
YES FREE :-)
NO MONEY INVOLVED :-D

Your post feels rather ungrateful to be honest.

BluexRose
Sep 8, 2014, 10:38 AM
It was no easy task to gbecause they obviously oing on PSO2 JP for me, but I jumped through the hoops at release and got it done. Played hardcore for a couple years, then the DDoS closed me down. I know theres ways I can work around the situation, but I just refuse to jump through anymore hoops to play this. I really love PSO2 JP, but no more hoops for me.

I was once one of those saying, "I won't switch from JP to NA", but now I would gladly get on the NA server just to have my PSO2 back.

I so agree with you add flames to those hoops because they obviously want the game to be in Japan and they want to make it hard on ppl to even get on anymore a year or two ago you could create an account and play with no problem if you could get past the Japanese now I swear everyone has to do the most just to load up the launcher lol

untrustful
Sep 8, 2014, 02:10 PM
All you need is pso2tweaker and copy a url to paste into the program to start playing. I'll admit the english patch process where you have to manually download the basic english patch and/or the big english patch is hard for people who are blind or otherwise mentally incapable of basic tasks. Right when you launch the program, you'll see some text on the right side that tells you which patches are compatible. If it's not compatible, don't install it. If it's compatible, install it (if you feel like it and are capable of doing so).

BubblyBoar
Sep 9, 2014, 03:20 AM
I'll say it again. The issue isn't how hard it is to get into the game. The issue is eternally feeling like an outsider. A ton of people just don't want to deal with that and rightfully so.

Just in case the original post needs to be linked...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3186445&postcount=88

Shinamori
Sep 9, 2014, 03:55 AM
Thing is, if you're still waiting for a NA release, you're still kidding yourself. Thing is, even if by some magical miracle reason it does comes out, no one (except those who want it in 100% English) will play it, especially without dated content.

BubblyBoar
Sep 9, 2014, 04:25 AM
I play the JP version at meta and everything and if NA comes I'll gladly switch over. Don't underestimate the feeling of not being an outsider. Yes, content will be dated, slowed, and just not there. But the community will be and that's what I play for.

IndignationSWF
Sep 9, 2014, 04:29 AM
I'll say it again. The issue isn't how hard it is to get into the game. The issue is eternally feeling like an outsider. A ton of people just don't want to deal with that and rightfully so.

Just in case the original post needs to be linked...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3186445&postcount=88

I can agree to a point. I was afraid too at first. I never wanted to speak English openly for fear of being reported and banned, but you know what? It never happened. I made lots of friends from both the EN and JPN communities and had some seriously fantastic runs with good people and based on how many EN players there still are after everything, I'm not alone.

It's normal to fear these things, but if you want to get anything done you have to want it bad enough to keep pushing.

That said, I'm NOT looking forward to the complaining and demands if and/or when it get's launched here. People can be so damned impatient...

BubblyBoar
Sep 9, 2014, 04:36 AM
That's the thing. They don't want it THAT bad. Sure, they want to play, it'd be awesome to play. But it's not worth it that much. Worth it to ask and plead for NA release? Sure. Worth it to feel like an outsider and out of place? No.

IndignationSWF
Sep 9, 2014, 04:42 AM
I hate to say it like this, but those are the same types of people who will quit once things get tough. PSO2 makes you work for damned near everything you'd want/need, and based on personal experience those types would be the first to give it up once they're unable to get a 10* weapon from the Shops or when they can't trade.

FerrickX
Sep 9, 2014, 04:43 AM
That's the thing. They don't want it THAT bad. Sure, they want to play, it'd be awesome to play. But it's not worth it that much. Worth it to ask and plead for NA release? Sure. Worth it to feel like an outsider and out of place? No.

ok, so you don't want to stay in the translated + updated version of the game simply because you feel alienated and have no friends? Have you tried like... i don't know... making friends and teams with people (who can play) on pso-w?

BubblyBoar
Sep 9, 2014, 04:49 AM
I have a team, and friends, and tons of people I tech how to play the game. I still prefer to be on an English version. Even with all that, I still feel like an outsider to the game because..well, I am. I can't interact with the general populace outside of doing an MPA with them. I hate it.

On the other note, have more confidence in those people. I'm the same with KR games. I love them to death, but I don't have it in my to play on their servers. When I do, I don't last long. Come the NA version, I play for years.

MoonlightMyau
Sep 9, 2014, 04:53 AM
Thing is, if you're still waiting for a NA release, you're still kidding yourself. Thing is, even if by some magical miracle reason it does comes out, no one (except those who want it in 100% English) will play it, especially without dated content.

Totally disagree, I've already pointed out (and others have to) on this thread & similar threads that there are lots of people who don't play the Japanese version for several reasons. I'm still coming across people (including PS fans) who don't even know PSO2 is released.

The content thing is a flimsy argument. You have to assume that everybody playing knows about other servers (usually they don't) & that they've played enough/researched enough to know how far ahead the other servers are. You then have to assume that they care (most don't). Case in point, PSU JP - the vast majority of players didn't go to that server, even when Edward quite publicly stated we wouldn't getting the Japanese content.

I'm not saying the tweet is gospel, far from it. It's re-hashed "news" with nothing backing it up. But the fact is, there is still a market for a Western PSO2. I think a lot of people here forget that there is a Phantasy Star fan base outside these forums, including a lot of casual players who'd just want to come on now & then and kill stuff in a random party of people who speak the same language as them. Or long-term fans who just want to play the "story mode" without getting involved in the community.

IndignationSWF
Sep 9, 2014, 04:57 AM
I have a team, and friends, and tons of people I tech how to play the game. I still prefer to be on an English version. Even with all that, I still feel like an outsider to the game because..well, I am. I can't interact with the general populace outside of doing an MPA with them. I hate it.

On the other note, have more confidence in those people. I'm the same with KR games. I love them to death, but I don't have it in my to play on their servers. When I do, I don't last long. Come the NA version, I play for years.

And that's fine as a choice.
I'm not faulting you for feeling that way. I'm just concerned that people are going to go in expecting PSO2 to treat them like most other MMOs on the market then turn on it when things get rough.

Sega's scared enough of putting it out here, and their lack of communication has already burned a lot of bridges,. We don't need another reason for them to ignore us.

Irrational? Maybe. Possible? Sadly.

I want it to succeed for sure, but at the same time I can't deny that I fear it'll become another SEA situation.

In the spirit of transparency, it doesn't help that my preferred classes are Braver(Episode 2) and Bouncer(Episode 3). .-.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 9, 2014, 06:41 AM
Totally disagree, I've already pointed out (and others have to) on this thread & similar threads that there are lots of people who don't play the Japanese version for several reasons. I'm still coming across people (including PS fans) who don't even know PSO2 is released.

The content thing is a flimsy argument. You have to assume that everybody playing knows about other servers (usually they don't) & that they've played enough/researched enough to know how far ahead the other servers are. You then have to assume that they care (most don't). Case in point, PSU JP - the vast majority of players didn't go to that server, even when Edward quite publicly stated we wouldn't getting the Japanese content.

I'm not saying the tweet is gospel, far from it. It's re-hashed "news" with nothing backing it up. But the fact is, there is still a market for a Western PSO2. I think a lot of people here forget that there is a Phantasy Star fan base outside these forums, including a lot of casual players who'd just want to come on now & then and kill stuff in a random party of people who speak the same language as them. Or long-term fans who just want to play the "story mode" without getting involved in the community.

The hell are you talking about? Edward told us for years that our servers and the JP servers were going to have the same content till the supplemental update happened then just all of a sudden the game became "unique"/not getting the right content at ALL.

Force Sly
Sep 9, 2014, 09:18 AM
Meh. It's not like I can play it on my computer. I don't even have money to get a better computer so it doesn't even really matter to me at this point.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a western release regardless.. But as long as I can't even play it, it's irrelevant to me... =/

Shinamori
Sep 9, 2014, 10:07 AM

Still, "no one" is going to play it. At best, maybe like 100k. If that eill play it. Besides, the if they ever do release it, it going to be a bsd exprince.

pso2love
Sep 9, 2014, 05:04 PM
I don't expect to see PSO2 released in the west in my lifetime, but here's the catch: Even if they do, why would I bother? I put in over 400 hours on my main with up to date content. What's the point of losing all my friends and my character just for native translations that may or mat not be inferior to the work that fans have put in over the last two years?

Seems pointless in my opinion.

Because you couldn't wait, and decided to take a risk to invest in an unsupported game. People wait for a reason, if that reason is not good enough for you, oh well.

Takatsuki
Sep 9, 2014, 05:10 PM
So I've been trying to think how they could possibly handle the western release, while managing to slowly catch up to the JP version with the goal of maybe being 1-3 months behind the JP version once they "catch up". I think I came up with a plan.

1. First off, we need to handle old AC content. With the speedy schedule I have planned, they simply wouldn't have enough time to bring out most of the old AC stuff unless they dumped like 20 costumes every time there was an update. My solution for this is twofold:
- Add a few costumes to character creation. Maybe a couple NPC outfits like Adventos (Zeno) and Ballistic Coat (Echo) for example. Maybe 3-5 humanoid costumes and 1 or 2 extra cast part sets per gender.
- Create a FUN Costume Shop to replace the Netcafe Shop. This would sell other costumes that would be exclusive to the shop for maybe.... 5k FUN? These would rotate every month, just like AC.
- Have some costumes be one-time CO and Bingo rewards, such as getting a free swimsuit (likely one of the basic styled ones) for completing all of Summer Xie's COs, and which one you'd get would depend on your gender and your race (race would determine the color of the outfit you get).
- Obviously, this would all apply to accessory, hairstyle and lobby action tickets. More defaults, more available in the FUN shop, more as freebie rewards.

2. Next, the launch would have three phases, Closed Beta, Open Beta and Full Release. First, I'll cover some of the details of the closed beta.
- 2 week sign up period, wherein x amount of people are chosen and are given 3 invites each.
- Closed Beta would last for 2 weeks, and would exist mainly to test the servers. No AC purchases allowed. Progress would NOT be wiped at the end of the closed beta.
- Normal difficulty, level 30 cap, Forest, Caves and Desert only.
- No Dewmans.
- Hunter, Ranger, Force, Fighter, Gunner and Techer would be available.
- Subclassing available at lv 15.
- Current balancing would apply, but the skill trees would be smaller.
- EQs: City (new style, minus Hunar), Forest

3. As for the open beta...
- Would begin immediately after the end of the closed beta's last maintenance.
- Would last 1 month.
- Level 40 cap, Hard, Tundra, Mines, Floating Continent added.
- No new classes.
- New story quests, up till right before the Ruins story quest.
- No AC purchases allowed, but everyone is premium during this time.
- EQs added: Desert, Caves, Vardha
- TACOs: Nab 1, Lilipa, Amduscia
- Skill tree expansion.

4. Full release launch...
- AC purchases allowed. Now Sega can make money!
- Wedding Scratch (including all recolors) + a number of other AC costumes and tickets.
- Cycling out the FUN costume shop stuff that was present in the betas for new content.
- Level 50 cap, Very Hard, Ruins and Sanctum added.
- Advance Quests.
- The rest of the story, all the way to the end of Episode 1.
- TACOs: Nab 2 and Sanctum
- EQs: Elder, FC/Chrome, Hunar added to City

So in less than 3 months, Episode 1 would be completed. Now, if we consider the first Full Release month as "month 1", here is my idea for a roadmap for the following months.

5. Month 2...
- Episode 2 launch. Coast story quests added.
- Dewman race added.
- Braver added.
- Skill tree expansion, to the current JP skill tree.
- Level 55 cap.
- Coast added.
- City limited quest added.
- Extreme Quests added.
- EQ: Den

6. Month 3...
- Quarry added.
- Level 60 cap.
- EQ: TD1
- New story quests and such added.

7. Month 4...
- Super Hard and the level 65 cap.
- Seabed added.
- SHAQ added
- XQs expanded
- EQ: City (the one with the boosted enemies), TD2.
- Story blah blah

8. Month 5...
- Level 70 cap.
- End of previous Limited Quest, beginning of Mothership LQ.
- Remainder of story quests, ending Episode 2.
- EQ: Loser, Angel, TD3
- Arks Ship Competition/Arkuma

9. Month 6...
- Start of episode 3
- Casino added
- Bouncer added
- Level 75 cap
- Shironia added
- Vopar TACO
- XQs updated
- EQ: Shironia

10. Month 7
- Now that episode 3 is launched, everything can be added. Basically, the 7th month update would be a massive update that would add everything they possibly could to close the gap between the English release and the Japanese release, with a possibly 1-3 month gap in between the two versions.

Helvetica Standard
Sep 9, 2014, 05:51 PM
Excellent. A very well conceived schedule for keeping up with JP content.
A bit time constrained and overwhelming for casuals and "baby steps" players though...
If some of the less active players skips a month then relog they'd surely be like: WTF?!
But yeah, still a good plan and quite possible to realise assuming SoJ delivers content on time for SoA to release.

..Now if only SEGA wasn't full of chimps plugging and unplugging cables...

landman
Sep 9, 2014, 06:07 PM
I don't think AC items should be considered as "content", specially not content that can be rushed, since it is the way to get money. A possible solution would be, more models on each scratch, less colours. Japan does it already, they release revivals and recolours a year later.

What a western server would need to catch up is on the core content, maps, classes and photon arts/rebalances.

Shadowth117
Sep 9, 2014, 06:11 PM
So I've been trying to think how they could possibly handle the western release, while managing to slowly catch up to the JP version with the goal of maybe being 1-3 months behind the JP version once they "catch up". I think I came up with a plan.

1. First off, we need to handle old AC content. With the speedy schedule I have planned, they simply wouldn't have enough time to bring out most of the old AC stuff unless they dumped like 20 costumes every time there was an update. My solution for this is twofold:
- Add a few costumes to character creation. Maybe a couple NPC outfits like Adventos (Zeno) and Ballistic Coat (Echo) for example. Maybe 3-5 humanoid costumes and 1 or 2 extra cast part sets per gender.
- Create a FUN Costume Shop to replace the Netcafe Shop. This would sell other costumes that would be exclusive to the shop for maybe.... 5k FUN? These would rotate every month, just like AC.
- Have some costumes be one-time CO and Bingo rewards, such as getting a free swimsuit (likely one of the basic styled ones) for completing all of Summer Xie's COs, and which one you'd get would depend on your gender and your race (race would determine the color of the outfit you get).
- Obviously, this would all apply to accessory, hairstyle and lobby action tickets. More defaults, more available in the FUN shop, more as freebie rewards.

2. Next, the launch would have three phases, Closed Beta, Open Beta and Full Release. First, I'll cover some of the details of the closed beta.
- 2 week sign up period, wherein x amount of people are chosen and are given 3 invites each.
- Closed Beta would last for 2 weeks, and would exist mainly to test the servers. No AC purchases allowed. Progress would NOT be wiped at the end of the closed beta.
- Normal difficulty, level 30 cap, Forest, Caves and Desert only.
- No Dewmans.
- Hunter, Ranger, Force, Fighter, Gunner and Techer would be available.
- Subclassing available at lv 15.
- Current balancing would apply, but the skill trees would be smaller.
- EQs: City (new style, minus Hunar), Forest

3. As for the open beta...
- Would begin immediately after the end of the closed beta's last maintenance.
- Would last 1 month.
- Level 40 cap, Hard, Tundra, Mines, Floating Continent added.
- No new classes.
- New story quests, up till right before the Ruins story quest.
- No AC purchases allowed, but everyone is premium during this time.
- EQs added: Desert, Caves, Vardha
- TACOs: Nab 1, Lilipa, Amduscia
- Skill tree expansion.

4. Full release launch...
- AC purchases allowed. Now Sega can make money!
- Wedding Scratch (including all recolors) + a number of other AC costumes and tickets.
- Cycling out the FUN costume shop stuff that was present in the betas for new content.
- Level 50 cap, Very Hard, Ruins and Sanctum added.
- Advance Quests.
- The rest of the story, all the way to the end of Episode 1.
- TACOs: Nab 2 and Sanctum
- EQs: Elder, FC/Chrome, Hunar added to City

So in less than 3 months, Episode 1 would be completed. Now, if we consider the first Full Release month as "month 1", here is my idea for a roadmap for the following months.

5. Month 2...
- Episode 2 launch. Coast story quests added.
- Dewman race added.
- Braver added.
- Skill tree expansion, to the current JP skill tree.
- Level 55 cap.
- Coast added.
- City limited quest added.
- Extreme Quests added.
- EQ: Den

6. Month 3...
- Quarry added.
- Level 60 cap.
- EQ: TD1
- New story quests and such added.

7. Month 4...
- Super Hard and the level 65 cap.
- Seabed added.
- SHAQ added
- XQs expanded
- EQ: City (the one with the boosted enemies), TD2.
- Story blah blah

8. Month 5...
- Level 70 cap.
- End of previous Limited Quest, beginning of Mothership LQ.
- Remainder of story quests, ending Episode 2.
- EQ: Loser, Angel, TD3
- Arks Ship Competition/Arkuma

9. Month 6...
- Start of episode 3
- Casino added
- Bouncer added
- Level 75 cap
- Shironia added
- Vopar TACO
- XQs updated
- EQ: Shironia

10. Month 7
- Now that episode 3 is launched, everything can be added. Basically, the 7th month update would be a massive update that would add everything they possibly could to close the gap between the English release and the Japanese release, with a possibly 1-3 month gap in between the two versions.

Alright, I'm going to explain my problem with this and why I don't like your thought pattern here. You're trying to treat a game that you want to have roughly up to date with the Japanese version as if it needs to progress in stages like the game didn't have the content to begin with. It does and in fact progressing it in the way you suggested is probably a worse idea as it would give incredibly unrealistic update expectations to the consumers and make people rather upset when they see after months what appears to be a major lacking in the updates compared to the monthly level cap adjustments and quest additions you wanted put into the game.

Obviously betas are different as you very much want to see the players hit a cap relatively quickly and observe how they behave with the cap in place and the content they have available. Betas should have a fairly low level cap like you suggested, but all major gameplay quirks should be available for the most part to observe how the players deal with them (ie. At least one of the Tower Defense EQ's should be available completely from the beginning, perhaps a temporary low level xq mission for closed beta, etc.). AC purchases should likely be tested as they were in the Japanese closed beta by handing out free, non-retainable AC to see how players behave with it and to see how to they may want to set AC prices for the final game.

More than likely during the transition to the open beta, player capital shall be erased and reset to a few basic things (ex. Players lose all of their items and currency, but they automatically receive standard low tier items and a small meseta count to start). Premium should be in place for the entirety of the open beta for no cost although AC will not be purchasable until the final game is released.

With the release of the final game, nearly all content should be available to do including classes, races, missions and such so as to keep the game as close to the current Japanese build as possible. There is going to be a game of catch up regardless, but this is to be expected. It could be argued the players would be somewhat thrown to the wolves, but then I would have to respond that starting any new game can be that way.

Now something else big that I would have be extremely different is the distribution of AC items. I actually agree that some things should probably be distributed through the methods you stated as those seem like fairly intelligent ideas. But this should be somewhat limited and apply mainly to the more lackluster items as well as perhaps character outfits. It is actually alright, if you ask me, to have AC items distributed slowly and be fairly behind. Albeit it may do some good to rearrange scratches a little to allow newer items in at the same time. Most scratches in JP PSO2 now have numerous old items in them as well anyways. There's no reason these slots couldn't be used to to distribute old items that haven't been released in the past.

Helvetica Standard
Sep 9, 2014, 06:20 PM
I think the biggest issue is AC content. Before getting ahead of ourselves..how would they implement paid stuff? Some people said that was the reason behind the delay.

NoiseHERO
Sep 9, 2014, 06:22 PM
TBH I don't still don't even see this as a complete game standalone at least until episode 5 at this rate.

Unless you care about story mode.

Yden
Sep 9, 2014, 07:10 PM
I think the biggest issue is AC content. Before getting ahead of ourselves..how would they implement paid stuff? Some people said that was the reason behind the delay.

Why would the paid stuff have anything to do with the delay? These gacha systems already exist in many f2p MMOs. Hell even Valve does it in TF2/Dota 2 with keys.

IndignationSWF
Sep 9, 2014, 07:17 PM
Because you couldn't wait, and decided to take a risk to invest in an unsupported game. People wait for a reason, if that reason is not good enough for you, oh well.

Wow, defensive much?

I'm not digging at people's choices(read the rest of my posts in this thread). I'm merely stating from my experiences that playing an inferior(in terms of content and balance) version is made harder to swallow by those who already have the changes. To those that are new, they'll be fine mostly but how many have done exactly like I have after 2 years of nothing but empty promises?

Yes, I invested 450 hours(as of today) on an 'unsupported' game, but here's the flaw in your logic: What choice did I really have?

Sega's lied time and time again about a western release, they've ignored any attempt to get answers from pretty much anyone, and they still refuse to talk content even with this new tweet. Even Square couldn't get away with this level of dickery without people scrutinizing and finding workarounds.

If you want to continue to wait? Cool, your choice.

That said 2 years is a long time to hold a carrot over someone's head without them cutting the string holding it.

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 9, 2014, 08:51 PM
You know for all you saying its BS i wouldn't throw the towel in yet, Just Look how fast they implemented a Eastern Asian PSO2. I think they have the power to create a western version any time they like. But i think there are permissions still pending, if this does happen i'm pretty sure Sega will place a ban. haha actually i think its there way at freeing up server lag...

Shadowth117
Sep 9, 2014, 09:20 PM
You know for all you saying its BS i wouldn't throw the towel in yet, Just Look how fast they implemented a Eastern Asian PSO2. I think they have the power to create a western version any time they like. But i think there are permissions still pending, if this does happen i'm pretty sure Sega will place a ban. haha actually i think its there way at freeing up server lag...

I don't think people are doubting that its possible for it to happen. Its just that at this point either A. People don't want it anymore or B. It would be so far behind that it would make PSU's content gap look like a joke.

Also, dunno if you've noticed, but SEGA has unofficially blocked almost everywhere that's not Japan. There's only a select few ISP's that actually get through their block at this point. Even say its not them doing it, they certainly haven't made any effort to fix the "issue". But this thread isn't about that topic so I'll leave it at that.

Ghalion
Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 PM
I don't know why so many people here think that PSO2W, if it came out, would have so few players just because all the fans would have either played on JPN, or have given up by now...

Yes, amongst the fans like myself who have been waiting since the CBT, there are most likely only a handful.

But the fact is most people who play an MMO aren't waiting for the release date and then start playing. Hell, most of the time they may not even be AWARE of the game until after it's out. The game comes out, and THEN people hear about it for the first time (or at least for the first time since they forgot), and THEN the game gains its population. There will most likely front page news articles on gaming websites, maybe it'll show up on steam, etc. That is where the population would come from. Those people wont care that JPN has had more content, they wont know that jpn had a easy to apply english patch, and most likely wont care even when they learn jpn has an english patch and more content.

Anyway, I want PSO2 west to come out, and if and when it does Imma try it ASAP. But fact is, I'm pretty sure it'll never happen at this point, which is a shame because I really enjoyed myself during the CBT/OBT.

Chdata
Sep 9, 2014, 10:36 PM

It's also possible that people are waiting for bad reasons or are overcautious or don't know how to enjoy themselves despite potential risks or for some reason don't think they can get over the worst case scenario if it were to happen.

But here's the clincher. I've enjoyed 2 years of gameplay and they haven't yet.

"But you could lose access at any time."

Well no duh. People need to grow up and realize that online multiplayer games are hosted by companies that actually spend money to maintain the game, servers, even their own internet connection service that allows people to connect to their servers.

And there have been lots of online multiplayer games that have been outright closed by companies due to lack of customers and whatnot. Looks like SEA pso2 is heading that way already.

I've enjoyed the product I've paid for already. Heck I still am, and see no signs of it ending any time soon. If they really wanted EN not to play, they'd have IP blocked us long ago. Even now they aren't, they're just not giving us support to return / bypass various internet providers not being reconnected to them or whatever. But playerbase is a lot better than that, it took almost no time for people to pop up from the shadows with ways to connect again.

I mean after it's over (it will end some day, give it 10-20 or more years for it to either die or for me to lose interest or be too busy with life), I might look back nostalgically and wish it were still there, but I'm sure something else that's fun to play would come along.

Heck, I went through all of this with Runescape. A game that had full support that I had paid for for years. But then the owners of this fully supported game decided to ignore their playerbase, completely change the game, ruin their community, and effectively throw away their playerbase.

There's no point in waiting for EN pso2 just because it will have better support for english people. From my perspective you're taking the risk that PSO2 EN won't be completely terrible in comparison to the JP version of the game. Plus you're depriving yourself of years of fun you could've had. Seeing how SEAs doing and from what I've heard about SEGA's past of JP-biased games... good luck with your choice.

NotRankin
Sep 9, 2014, 10:39 PM
I don't know why so many people here think that PSO2W, if it came out, would have so few players just because all the fans would have either played on JPN, or have given up by now...

Yes, amongst the fans like myself who have been waiting since the CBT, there are most likely only a handful.

But the fact is most people who play an MMO aren't waiting for the release date and then start playing. Hell, most of the time they may not even be AWARE of the game until after it's out. The game comes out, and THEN people hear about it for the first time (or at least for the first time since they forgot), and THEN the game gains its population. There will most likely front page news articles on gaming websites, maybe it'll show up on steam, etc. That is where the population would come from. Those people wont care that JPN has had more content, they wont know that jpn had a easy to apply english patch, and most likely wont care even when they learn jpn has an english patch and more content.

Anyway, I want PSO2 west to come out, and if and when it does Imma try it ASAP. But fact is, I'm pretty sure it'll never happen at this point, which is a shame because I really enjoyed myself during the CBT/OBT.

Welp, guess you'll never play it, or be 2-3 years out of date because you can't follow simple instructions to use the VPN. As for the others, the ignorant masses are always like that, that's their problem. You have the power and tools to use it now, but refuse. Have fun!

Ghalion
Sep 9, 2014, 11:33 PM
Welp, guess you'll never play it, or be 2-3 years out of date because you can't follow simple instructions to use the VPN. As for the others, the ignorant masses are always like that, that's their problem. You have the power and tools to use it now, but refuse. Have fun!

Wow, another bigot who just assumes everyone who wants west is either too stupid or lazy to follow "simple instructions".

This happens so often, and it's such a lame ass argument. I've PLAYED on JPN since the CBT and OBT Fool, and that was BEFORE there was as much information and tutorials on patches, seriously.

I'll just link a previous post addressing this.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3160157&postcount=116

Randomness
Sep 9, 2014, 11:37 PM
I don't think people are doubting that its possible for it to happen. Its just that at this point either A. People don't want it anymore or B. It would be so far behind that it would make PSU's content gap look like a joke.

Also, dunno if you've noticed, but SEGA has unofficially blocked almost everywhere that's not Japan. There's only a select few ISP's that actually get through their block at this point. Even say its not them doing it, they certainly haven't made any effort to fix the "issue". But this thread isn't about that topic so I'll leave it at that.

It's not a block from SEGA from my understanding - it's a problem with IP routing because someone decided "hey, let's broadcast this range in a non-standard way", and most ISPs aren't handling it (in this case, somebody's code was built by a proper engineer and can handle non-standard packets)

Well, it might be the ISPs aren't properly implementing standards, too. Which wouldn't be remotely surprising.

But in short, somebody cut corners with the basic fabric of the internet for some reason (probably $$$), and it's fucking things up.

Edit: The reason proxies, VPNs, etc all work is that they manually route around the problem.

And this is somewhat nagging at me, since the internet is normally very robust (but then again, fuckups in the middle east have managed to deep six websites for the whole world before too)

NotRankin
Sep 10, 2014, 12:08 AM
Wow, another bigot who just assumes everyone who wants west is either too stupid or lazy to follow "simple instructions".

This happens so often, and it's such a lame ass argument. I've PLAYED on JPN since the CBT and OBT Fool, and that was BEFORE there was as much information and tutorials on patches, seriously.

I played OBT as well. I still played for the following years as well. We didn't have to vpn back then, so not sure where that came from. All I see now is someone whining that they can't play because they can't follow some instructions. And learn what a bigot is before you throw that word around.

As to the topic: I couldn't care less if they released an NA version, I don't know about SEA and what they did, I've just spend 1200 hours on my main char (dunno about the two), and I see no incentive to change servers. Even if they offered character transfers (lol), I still wouldn't do it. Personally, I'm fine with just having a JP PSO2 like now, because it's so easy to connect. I'd love more ease of access, sure, but not at the cost of loosing everything. And if they did ban, well then back to FFXIV I go. Cause I'm not playing with a server full of B20.

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 12:15 AM

#1-3, #5

In regards to playing PSO2JP and the event that PSO2EN gets released and questioning which game I should main, I'd probably stick to PSO2JP. I'm willing to bet that PSO2EN will never be as up-to-date as PSO2JP.

Other than that, I'm sorry to hear that you would consider time you enjoyed in the past was a waste just because it ends. Stuff like that happens a lot in life though.

A multi-billionaire gaming industry doesn't care how money is being sent to them. And whether you're paying them directly or through a third party thing like webmoney, the business is making money.

It really doesn't matter to them how they get money.

I guess your desire to talk in public chat without bothering people is so strong that you don't want to consider alternatives (teams/private/party chat) or something and that you persist in not playing at all...?

... you're worrying about something very negligible. Player's connections don't affect eachother so much that it's going to make an impact on other people's connections. If you've played any other multiplier game at all, the person who is lagging is suffering from the lag. The only thing anyone else has to "suffer from" perhaps is seeing them warp around, but in PSO2 not only does that not really happen much - it also doesn't really impact gameplay much at all because it's all PvM.

It's not even that much of an extra strain on the game servers themselves. It's not like the 500 or however many EN players in PSO2 right now are DDOSing the servers just by connecting to them. I run servers for a different game myself and foreign connections don't really seem to affect things much more than normal connections.

I guess its your problem if you don't want to look towards alternative support or if you aren't the type of person who usually doesn't need support.

In my case, I haven't yet come across a multiplayer game where I've need actual support from an employee associated with the game itself. Infact, not any game at all. Almost everything can be fixed with google and seeing what other players have done to get through things.

This is the first game where I've had to do something as drastic sounding as proxying, but it's well worth it. And the month of time-off from the game didn't affect me at all, I just played TF2 during that time.

Pardon any snarky comments, its hard for me to look at people making up all these excuses to avoid having fun with a seriousface.

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 12:18 AM

That's a bit much bro, some people just fear being insta-banned or ignored on the JPN version. Some is a result of the old fears that started with the OBT, and some of it is ignorance because they don't follow the scene and have seen how far we've come.

That said...

Ghalion, you have to calm down. I get that you're upset here, but you've made some assumptions here about people that were wrong. The opinions of a few do not represent the whole.

As I said above, the fear is valid if not a bit ignorant in that many don't bother to even look into other options before decrying it as either 'too hard' or 'not worth it'. Still as said, if people want to wait, cool.

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 12:22 AM
After two years of the english hackers not being banned and everyone still being able to play even after a DDOS and some english internet providers not being fixed up to reconnect... people are still afraid they'll get banned from PSO2JP for being english?

NotRankin
Sep 10, 2014, 12:23 AM
That's a bit much bro, some people just fear being insta-banned or ignored on the JPN version. Some is a result of the old fears that started with the OBT, and some of it is ignorance because they don't follow the scene and have seen how far we've come.

That said...

True it was a bit harsh. But at the same time, whats the point of fearing being banned to the point of not playing, but still wishing you could play? You lose yourself in an infinite loop at that point. I'd hate to be banned, but at this point...WORTH IT.

As for ignored...I dunno. That one friend grows into multiple though. All I can say.

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 12:26 AM
After two years of the english hackers not being banned and everyone still being able to play even after a DDOS and some english internet providers not being fixed up to reconnect... people are still afraid they'll get banned from PSO2JP for being english?

You have to remember that a lot of people only know of the issue through what they hear from others and most of what's out there is more cautious than what you see here from people with largely good experiences.

Unfortunately after the DDOS that fear gained a lot more power since so many assumed that Sega hit the kill switch immediately after.

True it was a bit harsh. But at the same time, whats the point of fearing being banned to the point of not playing, but still wishing you could play? You lose yourself in an infinite loop at that point. I'd hate to be banned, but at this point...WORTH IT.

As for ignored...I dunno. That one friend grows into multiple though. All I can say.

You're not wrong, but at the same time there needs to be an understanding if we want to try and break down the stigmas we're saddled with.
I don't regret for a second my choice to start playing, but at one time I WAS that scared so I can see both sides.
Keep playing!

UnLucky
Sep 10, 2014, 12:28 AM

Dunno how many times you've been shot down, but add me to the list.

Even with an IP ban, you can still play on JP
Ignoring the fact that maining NA/EU version is a bad idea, you'd be starting from scratch whether you waited or not
Consider it like an alt character. Except your old one will always be a higher level with better gear and can access newer areas no matter how much time you spend on your alt
PSO2es. Also a larger portion of your purchase would go to the actual developers if you played on the JP server since it wouldn't go towards the localization/publishers
As if you'd be safe from random bans on any server
Or you could play PSO2 right now instead of waiting indefinitely
PSO2proxy global chat, team chat, or English speaking MPAs and blocks
As if the lag would be any better with some shit server across the continent (or still halfway around the world because Sega)
SoA gives actual customer support now?

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 12:35 AM
You have to remember that a lot of people only know of the issue through what they hear from others and most of what's out there is more cautious than what you see here from people with largely good experiences.

Unfortunately after the DDOS that fear gained a lot more power since so many assumed that Sega hit the kill switch immediately after.

Yeah, a few days ago I met a person who thought a skill tree I made up was actually going to be a real update and that multiple people in his team for some reason don't understand that this is a fan-site and that the people posting here are just kids on their computers saying what they like.

Seriously, I'm worried that these people could listen to a fictional radio story about martians invading the earth and think that it's live-action of what's actually happening on earth somewhere.

Seriously. Whenever you read a post on this forum. Imagine who typed that post. Now throw your imagination out the window and imagine that a 10 year old wrote that post to screw with people.

On a side note, the skill tree I made up was actually very close to the actual episode 3 skill tree, with the 3 elements all separate and other misc things put up front for you to get separately. No more getting fire tree stuff just for charge PP revival for example.

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 12:37 AM
Yeah, a few days ago I met a person who thought a skill tree I made up was actually going to be a real update and that multiple people in his team for some reason don't understand that this is a fan-site and that the people posting here are just kids on their computers saying what they like.

Seriously, I'm worried that these people could listen to a fictional radio story about martians invading the earth and think that it's live-action of what's actually happening on earth somewhere.

Yeah, I was telling someone what a Bouncer was, and they asked which bar they bounced for in-game. x-x

Totori
Sep 10, 2014, 12:45 AM

Some people just don't wanna go through the hassle of having to set up a VPN just to play a game that's not even in the language they normally speak, and they also already have to go out of their way to purchase AC, and sign up.

After that DDoS incident, if I wasn't able to log on normally, I wouldn't be using a VPN to play. I'd prolly just quit hands down.

---

While that wouldn't be a problem with the english release, just sign up and that's it. Sure content is gonna be behind, but honestly that needs to be expected, as SoJ develops the content, it's truly only natural they'll get stuff beforehand.

Only time online games, are caught up with each other, is when it's planned for that kind of support. SEGA isn't the first company to be behind in content for a game.

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 12:57 AM
lol @ nonprogrammers worrying about hassle

I double click an icon on my screen and then open the game (oh my, that's four clicks so far) and I can play fine no hassle.

iz such difficult life

Ghalion
Sep 10, 2014, 02:35 AM
Big post, none of it is raging or anything so no worries. I don't really expect anyone to read this whole thing but I'm not the one trying to convince someone that their reasons and logic doesn't exist. If you say my reasons don't exist, well.. you're going to hear them in detail since you insisted.

Some people seem to be convinced that I'm trying to convince them that playing on jpn is somehow IMO the "wrong", or "bad" choice. That isn't my point at all. My point was there are legitimate reasons for not playing on JPN, ones that have nothing to do with being too stupid or lazy to read simple directions. As for not having to set up a VPN since the CBT, yes that's correct, you did not need to set up a VPN back then. However I have set up a VPN before, and I didn't even bring up difficulties setting up VPNs, so labelling me as someone whining about setting up a VPN was just another patronizing insult pulled out of someone's behind.

Now these counter arguments may be very applicable to the people saying them, and many more, but they in no means invalidate the points I made for people like myself, and others, who simply chose not to roll on JPN in the end. To think that they are by any means "shot down" or whatever only reinforces my comment that there is far too much close-mindedness going on from multiple vocal people here. I realize they are not the majority of the community, but the way their blatant disrespect for other members here is tolerated time and time again is rather disturbing.

Anyway, I'll comment on each of my old points, and how they are not "shot down" for everyone.

1:
1: I don't want to invest in jpn only to eventually risk being IP banned if and when pso2 west comes out or something like that.

General response: IP bans haven't happened over 2 years etc

That may be true, but this obviously wasn't the case 2 years ago, and how long does one have to wait before determining that this is an unlikely scenario? I would say at least until the first major patch however long that took. However, I do want to mention that when the hole ISP connection problems were new (and still relatively recent), people here were running around like chickens with their heads off crying "IP ban! IP ban!"... So I really don't want to hear about how foolish people think it is given what just happened.

2: I don't want to invest in jpn only for west to come out and then feel like my investment in jpn was wasted cuz I'll main in west after.

several relevant responses (note I do not dismiss them as irrelevant or incorrect):
How is this any different than simply playing a new alt character?

I don't really know the mechanics of all the premium content TBH, but I would be very surprised if there was absolutely nothing that you couldn't enjoy on multiple characters on one account. Most MMO games with f2p models have paid premium content that CAN be enjoyed across multiple characters. In addition, there may be a shared stash or some such that will obviously not be useable across servers.

2 years is a long time! What is to say that a west server wouldn't shut down to "natural causes" in the same length of time? Even if it lived longer how is 2 years of potential fun not worth considering?

This is a very good answer, but the reason why it isn't applicable to me personally is because I'm a very hardcore gamer in terms of variety and experimentation. I already am EXTRA scrutinous about playing new MMOs because they are so time demanding, and I don't like spending so much time in one game because there are already countless others I REALLY want to try but simply lack the time to try.

Yes 2 years, or 4, or however long it takes (forever) for pso2 west to come out, is a long period of time that can be spent enjoying jpn. But I HAVE played mmos with servers outside of NA/EU, that are not intended for me, WITH English-speaking communities. And the fact is I simply do not enjoy them as much. So for that reason, I just know it'll bug me to play on a server that I know isn't the one I should enjoy the most (provided na ever came out), because while doing so I'll be thinking "I REALLY should be playing these other games that ARE intended for my region (or whatever)".

It's a good point, but the fact is there are plenty of ways of having fun. I Had lots of fun over the last 2 years, fun doing things without worrying about the possibility of a potential ip ban for the first portion before we determined they weren't likely, fun knowing I could get some customer support if I needed it (that's a future point I know), etc.

3: I don't want to feel like quitting jpn is too hard after west comes out because I already invested too much in jpn.

Honestly I don't recall any valid arguments against this IMO. I mean someone listed one but it felt more applicable to 2 IMO.
In any case, I've seen multiple people here, in this very thread even state that even if west was released, they aren't going to play it cuz they already spend 500-2000/whatever hours on JPN...Nobody was saying their point was bad, and their point is the very same one I list here.

I do NOT want to make myself feel regret over losing that, NOR do I want to put myself in a position where if and when West finally came out, I'll be like, eff, I am to involved with JPN. This is a matter of choice, it's not right or wrong. As I said, I have found other means of having fun. So no, I didn't choose to be miserable for 2 years just because I'm stubborn. I simply am being stubborn about this one thing.

WOULD I have chose to do this if I knew the wait would be 2 years +? No, absolutely not, but after waiting for ONE year, I'm like eff it, I can't start now or else I'll be feeling a nagging sense of loss for everything I missed out on EARLIER.

4:
4: I'd rather financially support the game devs if I love the game enough rather than some third party service acting as a currency exchange.

Responses include:
Paying for the JPN server actually gives more money to sega jpn

First off I didn't say I Sega JPN included, I just mean all of sega. Now you might argue wtf would I want to pay the chumps who took so damn long to localize. Fact is I don't really have a clue if Sega JPN OR Sega NA/EU/wtf it is is responsible for the situation. I constantly hear people here blame either, without anybody really arguing against either case with any proof or evidence. So...The only thing I know is I don't know who, and I sincerely doubt anyone else here really does as well.

Soo.. If I were to pay for premium content on west, I know all of it would got to Sega jpn and/or west...and none of it is being given to any 3rd parties that are marking me up. Both because I can't afford as much premium content as I would like to be able to in general (yes I can afford some but every little bit extra DOES affect me).

a super rich giant company doesn't care
I'll choose not to answer that one because it'd be like trying to argue about piracy in video games and such which is really too much to get into here.. this is probably TLDR for everyone AS IT IS.

I'll skip 5 because it was already kinda addressed with 1. Basically you might be confident they don't happen now but you coudln't say that with certainty to begin with. That and I didn't see anyone scoff that notion when the ISP connections were fresh and everyone thought regions were IP banned. I'm not saying I STILL fear that would be the case now, but it was an issue for a length of time.

7:
7: Though I'm farm from a social-butterfly. I wished to be able to communicate in public without fearing to clog up the chat with the INTENDED audience with text they couldn't understand.

I'll just quote a response directly:
I guess your desire to talk in public chat without bothering people is so strong that you don't want to consider alternatives (teams/private/party chat) or something and that you persist in not playing at all...?

I imagine this is a seemingly valid point for someone who plays videogames during normal hours, or who have a lot of gamer friends, or anything like that. I honestly have more free time between midnight and 4am than otherwise, so even on western servers for games that are more appealing to the general western market, it is quite common for me to have a hard time finding people to play with, who want to do the same content as me, etc. On PSO2 JPN where you'd be fooling yourself to think that it has as many western players as say Tera or something, I seriously doubt that I can go on block 20, talk in public chat, ask to join a chatroom, and actually have 4 people or whatever willing to do the same dungeon/farm content/whatever as I am on a regular basis.

Most of the time when I play an mmo, it is during late hours where even on the proper servers I can't be picky about what I do, I just go "join game", and look for pretty much ANYTHING that is remotely interesting to me.

That said, when I DO bump into random people in these online games, I DO actually make a positive impression (I really should try not to...it's annoying accepting friend requests one day and having the same people not respond intelligibly the next). That said by joining "randoms" I do occasionally make friends like that. And quite frankly, most of my longest lasting friends I meet on mmo's were made simply by joining them randomly in a queue or whatever rather than planning to play with them in advance via forum or community.

You just get to know people better by meeting them without any prior experience, and actually playing with them, you find out if they are game-compatible better that way.

8:
8: I didn't want to provide unnecessary lag to actual Japanese players from my distance to the server (being considerate, what an effing concept, wow).
I Knew someone would think if not say something like this:
Lag only would cause problems for the person lagging

I see people say this very thing on every mmo I've ever played, and I've been playing games online since my 14.4k modem was top of the line. If someone lags, most of the time they tend to teleport/jump around or whatever yes. But sometimes people lag, and it really DOES ruin the experience for everyone. I honestly know virtually nothing about networking, so I can't say how or why. But I have seen hundreds of examples over the years where some guy is lagging, and the game acts apeshit for EVERYONE, and then the game freezes for like effing 10 minutes, and most of everyone control alt-deletes, but if you stick around, the lager FINALLY drops, and then you're left with like 1 other dude only, and lo and behold, the server suddenly acts 100% normal. And you KNOW it was that one guy and not the server because the game drops the people who quit just fine (____ has left the game), and doesn't improve in performance, but as SOON as you hear that "ding" as that lager drops, bam everything returns to normal (or it plays in supersupersuper fast forward for 5 seconds and you all die after)

9: If needed, I wanted actual customer support, knowing I would get none for not being Japanese otherwise.

I'm going to exaggerate the response for this one just to demonstrate how it comes across (though I admit exaggerated)

It's easier to just learn where the 'any' key is rather than contact customer support

You would THINK that people would assume I'm not so computer illiterate as to google technical difficulties during issues if I managed to get in on the CBT on my own...Not that I'm saying that is a big deal in of itself, but certainly more than searching for solutions on the web for problems!

However sometimes technical support IS useful. When elsword NA released Raven, there was an event where you could get him a wooden costume sword, but the event was bugged, and even if you did the event, you were not rewarded the sword. There is no googling how to fix that, I couldn't solve it by restarting, hitting my computer, installing the newest driver, firewall port bypass, whatever. The only solution was to send a ticket and say "hey, I completed the event but never got my wooden sword, heeelp!"...

I also actually report people if they deserve it... like if I see someone being racist or offensive or something to someone (not just me), I screenshot, alt-tab, and report that @%@#%...Can't do that without technical support! Oh yeah, hackers and cheaters too. I record those if I can catch it (not just when I'm playing against them), and try to stop that @%#@%.

Support is actually something I make good use of in many online games, and NOT because I'm a derp who couldn't figure out that I can't connect because a server died or something.

Also, unrelated my previous post, and I don't believe in the whole "too much hassle" thing myself...But you people who mock those who say such need a more open mind seriously. I'm by far the "nerdiest" person I know. I live in Canada, so lower population than what most people here are probably used to, combined with the fact that I'm older than most hardcore gamers. AS such, I only have TWO RL friends into games, and even those 2 aren't into doujin games, korean mmos, or anything like that. They're more of a world of warcraft, infamous, tomb raider kinda gamer.

Now while setting up a VPN to try PSO2Jpn is indeed easy, *ADDING* that to the fact that trying to convince them to try PSO2 in the FIRST place is unlikely, that extra little bit basically just kills any chance I have of conning them into trying a game outside their comfort zone. It is NOT going to happen. I don't really get why, I just know it wouldn't happen. they aren't lazy or deadbeats, but it's just not in their comfort zone. I mean Back before computers became mainstream, you had older folks who were paranoid about computers, you KNOW they are capable of learning how to use them, but to them simply turning it on sounds as daunting as learning how to manufacture your own motherboard (unless you're an electrician or engineer or something).

Is it reasonable or whatever? No, but sometimes friends have silly habits or quirks or opinions that you know is just part of who they are and you accept it. Fact is convincing someone who isn't a pretty enthusiastic gamer to set up a VPN to play on an mmo that is in JPN using an unofficial translation patch...No matter how easy it is, you are NOT going to convince any old guy to do that unless they already knew about PSO2 on their own, and really wanted to try it.

UnLucky
Sep 10, 2014, 03:43 AM
1: IP ban or not, you just load up the Tweaker and hit play

2: Guess you don't want to play PSO2 then

3: You don't lose any of it. It's still there. Even once you hit lv30 in all three classes on NA/EU, you can go back every month or two and see all the cool things that will never be localized. Even if you didn't play JP one bit until you're bored of "your version" you can still catch up long before it "actually" comes out.

4: PSO2es. No surcharges. No markup. You pay dollar for dollar the same amount as any resident Japanese because it's the exact same service they use themselves. Now I won't say it 100% all goes to Sega since they obviously pay Google some sort of cut to get their app on the marketplace, but it's the same for WebMoney. Or 7-11 or any other retail stores distributing physical AC cards.

7: Proxy chat. Also why not talk to the Japanese? Many people here found fun people to play with despite the language barrier. Either broken English (machine or otherwise) or cute gestures and good intentions can go a long way. They can practice their English, and you can learn some Japanese. Or just ignore them like 90% of people playing within the same region do anyway.

8: A large portion of the game is client sided, so even experiencing lag yourself won't be very noticeable unless the server is chugging hardcore for everyone. Whatever ping issues you might feel wouldn't be any better on a "local" server, either.

9: plz no rpt me :'((

mario2099
Sep 10, 2014, 08:56 PM
Having read all the posts up to this point I will throw my useless opinion out there. I give absolute thanks to those people who make playing PSO2 on Japanese servers as easy to play as possible. You guys are fantastic for the work you have done. That being said and correct me if I am wrong, but is it not technically against the TOS for anyone outside of Japan to be playing PSO2? Now, I do not really expect anyone to drop hundreds or even thousands of hours spent on the game to move over to the version they technically should be on, especially when players have been disappointed countless times with missing content and no support in other PSO games that were released in the west. But I do find it odd how many of you seem to be jumping on those that show even the remote sign of happiness at a western version or immediately bash the person for their decision.

I myself have played games that were Japanese only and jumped through big hoops to play them. But I am an older gamer now. I have a family and a job and everything that entails. I have family and friends who enjoyed the PSO experience and were so excited for PSO2. I could try to convince them to jump through these mini hoops to play on the JP server, but why would they? They love PSO, but why go through all that when you have other options like Bless Online, Black Desert, Blade & Soul or Everquest Next being possibilities?

In my opinion, BubblyBoar, hit the nail on the head. No matter how many western players there are, I still feel like an outsider. The community is what makes PSO what it is. One of the best thing you could do on PSO Gamecube, was go over to the JP servers and see what was going on there. It is silly, but it felt like you were visiting another country as lobby interaction was so different compared to the west. I played there on occasion and even got some respect from a couple of JP players (at least those that joined me). That was great, but I always came back to the western servers because that was home. Also, with older gamers I feel it is more difficult to open new connections and friends because of work and family. The best way to accomplish that is through random encounters with people you meet in game.

At this point I am rambling but I am genuinely excited to hear something about the western release as I had given up all hope. Will it be a complete disappointment to those already in JP? Most definitely. Will it be run incompetently and be incredibly behind in updates? Probably. Will I try to show Sega there is a PSO fan base they shouldn’t ignore in the west? Most definitely. I have made a lot of assumptions, but if it ever shows up, I will give it a chance. I would suggest others do the same. Show them that we love this game just as much as JP does. Will this change anyone’s or sega’s opinion? Nah probably not.

NoiseHERO
Sep 10, 2014, 09:14 PM
Hows this thread still going.

I'm sure half the time spent making these walls of text could be time spent getting on the game.

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 10:24 PM
1:

General response: IP bans haven't happened over 2 years etc

That may be true, but this obviously wasn't the case 2 years ago, and how long does one have to wait before determining that this is an unlikely scenario? I would say at least until the first major patch however long that took. However, I do want to mention that when the hole ISP connection problems were new (and still relatively recent), people here were running around like chickens with their heads off crying "IP ban! IP ban!"... So I really don't want to hear about how foolish people think it is given what just happened.

How long does it take to consider the game IP ban safe?

15 days to a month and I'm sure it's unlikely people will get mass IP banned.

Where do I get this number?

This is just my opinion. I wouldn't mind starting a new game already knowing it's entirely possible that we'd be blocked out at any time and end up getting blocked within a month if I'm already content with the scenario of losing it all at this very moment where I have a leveled main with lots of in-game wealth and time spent on.

Generally if the game company didn't right off the bat IP block, it's very unlikely that they actually will do so for no good reason at all. When SEA was released they finally had a reason to do so.

EN hackers is not a reason to do so and has never really made me worry about the possibility of myself or all EN being IP blocked. Why? Because there's no game company out there I know of that is so bad at managing their own game that they don't know how to ban single offending players and resort to banning an entire continent instead.

And even if we get IP banned, as mentioned, we can just proxy. Given, if I were completely new to PSO2, I wouldn't want to join if I had to bother with a proxy just to experience it for the first time. My already existent attachment brings me to resort to that effort to login again. Similarly, I have a lot of SEA region friends that starting proxying/VPNing before the DDoS because of their IP ban.

I'm fairly sure that there's not going to be a scenario where you cannot connect.

2 years is a long time! What is to say that a west server wouldn't shut down to "natural causes" in the same length of time? Even if it lived longer how is 2 years of potential fun not worth considering?

This is a very good answer, but the reason why it isn't applicable to me personally is because I'm a very hardcore gamer in terms of variety and experimentation. I already am EXTRA scrutinous about playing new MMOs because they are so time demanding, and I don't like spending so much time in one game because there are already countless others I REALLY want to try but simply lack the time to try.

Yes 2 years, or 4, or however long it takes (forever) for pso2 west to come out, is a long period of time that can be spent enjoying jpn. But I HAVE played mmos with servers outside of NA/EU, that are not intended for me, WITH English-speaking communities. And the fact is I simply do not enjoy them as much. So for that reason, I just know it'll bug me to play on a server that I know isn't the one I should enjoy the most (provided na ever came out), because while doing so I'll be thinking "I REALLY should be playing these other games that ARE intended for my region (or whatever)".

So far this is the most sensible opinion I've seen, having too many games to play.

I'll just quote a response directly:

I imagine this is a seemingly valid point for someone who plays videogames during normal hours, or who have a lot of gamer friends, or anything like that. I honestly have more free time between midnight and 4am than otherwise, so even on western servers for games that are more appealing to the general western market, it is quite common for me to have a hard time finding people to play with, who want to do the same content as me, etc. On PSO2 JPN where you'd be fooling yourself to think that it has as many western players as say Tera or something, I seriously doubt that I can go on block 20, talk in public chat, ask to join a chatroom, and actually have 4 people or whatever willing to do the same dungeon/farm content/whatever as I am on a regular basis.

Most of the time when I play an mmo, it is during late hours where even on the proper servers I can't be picky about what I do, I just go "join game", and look for pretty much ANYTHING that is remotely interesting to me.

That said, when I DO bump into random people in these online games, I DO actually make a positive impression (I really should try not to...it's annoying accepting friend requests one day and having the same people not respond intelligibly the next). That said by joining "randoms" I do occasionally make friends like that. And quite frankly, most of my longest lasting friends I meet on mmo's were made simply by joining them randomly in a queue or whatever rather than planning to play with them in advance via forum or community.

You just get to know people better by meeting them without any prior experience, and actually playing with them, you find out if they are game-compatible better that way.

You quoted me so I'll give a response to this one.

1. I don't play video games at normal hours, relative to when most of my friends are awake or people in my time zone are awake, and I play solo quite often unless someone invites me to something or I'm doing a quest that really isn't as beneficial while solo.

Generally I play the most a midnight to 4-6am as well basically.

2. As for a lot of gamer friends, I suppose I have a lot of random people added to friends lists but I otherwise only really talk to 1 or 2 people often. And they don't play PSO2.

3. When I want to do specific things, it's hard for me to find "friends wanting to do the same thing". But it's not hard at all to find other players who want to do the same thing. AQs? Join the AQ block. Time attacks? Join the TA block. SH quests? Join SH block. Want to advertise for something less common like XQs? You literally can walk in to b20 and often times find 3 other people who are willing to do it. You could also advertise for AQ/TA there if you don't care about having a high chance of ending up with weak/undergeared players.

Or you could join a team that fits your active time and have it even easier. The team I own is pretty much a ghost town and I don't really do any quests with anyone in it because of that or that they're just lower leveled and can't even play the same content as me.

Yet despite all that, I never have an issue making a party of 4 to do whatever quests I want at almost any time of day. The difference between you and me is that I don't care about idle conversation very much and just play the game to play. My 1-2 other friends I met in Runescape and TF2 randomly in much the same way as you though, but 1-2 close friends is good enough for me. Rather, as the owner of a TF2 gaming community I try not to accept random adds because I don't want to read random messages from a ton of people.

8:
I Knew someone would think if not say something like this:
Lag only would cause problems for the person lagging

And your answer to this was "it could be a problem". Not "it definitely is a common problem".

The fact is that in PSO2 the type of game-freezing lag problem you describe does not happen at all. The only lag problems come from people weapon switching with Nishiki (it has a very detailed texture which upon loading can cause people with low specced computers to freeze for a second each weapon switch) which is fps lag and not connection lag, or the global connection lag that everyone, even japanese players on ships that are not infested with english players, have to deal with from time to time because SEGA hasn't upgraded their servers. Generally during scheduled emergency quests when the servers are all busy and full.

Now, the super fast thing does happen in PSO2 sometimes, but it doesn't cause any of that "I got killed while lagging" nonsense because hit detection is client side and you can still move and dodge during lag. There is no such thing as lag freezing you in place in this game. Monsters will still attack, and if you do still let them hit you, your death will catch up to you (unless you also heal during the lag which works).

But this kind of thing is pretty rare. It's only happened to me like twice in the past 3 months (of active gameplay).

Ghalion
Sep 10, 2014, 10:36 PM
Well you seem to acknowledge that too many games is a fairly valid reason in of itself. I just want to end this with stating that I'm not saying that each and every one of the reasons I've listed is a definitive reason to not play pso2jpn...It's a combination of many reasons such as those that I listed. Added all together, I think it's very reasonable to decide to not play it if someone so chooses, without making the person a moron or foolish or lazy or unable to read a simple help file, etc.

Again I never said people playing on JPN chose the wrong path or anything like that, but this mentality that some of the people have on there towards people who decided to wait for west is just inappropriate IMO.

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 10:53 PM
Having many reasons is also a reasonable opinion I'd say.

UnLucky
Sep 10, 2014, 11:55 PM
Only reasons I can really see to avoid JP PSO2 are:

1. You don't care enough to play the game in the first place.

2. You think SoA would actually respond to your support tickets.

Sorry, but SoJ is going to do a much better job at fixing bugs and banning hackers than SoA ever would, with or without your input.

Ghalion
Sep 11, 2014, 12:45 AM
First, I'll admit I have not played any of the online phantasy star games, so truth be told I have absolutely no evidence or experience saying otherwise. However, I have played numerous other MMOs, and the fact is the customers for it are constantly whining and complaining about virtually everything. Including how helpful customer support is. It's basically like youtube comments, it doesn't matter how good a job an uploader does, as long as they have any fame whatsoever their comments are going to be full of insults, complaints, etc.

Anyway, I've seen that in every mmo I've played "this region is perfect, ours is useless, blah blah". And every single time I bother to see for myself with an objective and helpful attitude, lo and behold, the customer support actually effing helps me with what I ticketed them about.

Now given the fact that PSO2West hasn't so much has got a single effing announcement other than "it's been delayed" like an effing half a year after the original release date (no @#%# it's delayed!), I can say you have a very compelling argument and are most likely correct. But again, that isn't made apparent until after like a year of fruitless waiting, and I've already gone into that topic.

Before you say you could have told us before the year long wait that they are awful or whatever, just note that again, I hear nothing but complaints about every online gaming company, so no offense, but I wasn't really ready to just believe in everything I heard from the community without giving it a chance for myself first.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 11, 2014, 02:48 AM
Only reasons I can really see to avoid JP PSO2 are:

1. You don't care enough to play the game in the first place.

2. You think SoA would actually respond to your support tickets.

Sorry, but SoJ is going to do a much better job at fixing bugs and banning hackers than SoA ever would, with or without your input.

anyone who thinks otherwise needs to just look back at any PS game online wise ;3

IndignationSWF
Sep 11, 2014, 03:28 AM

Not to mention content updates sadly.

Shear
Sep 11, 2014, 04:34 AM
Did we ever even get the Full Story in Universe?

UnLucky
Sep 11, 2014, 05:12 AM
Not to mention content updates sadly.
Well that's a given, considering how late they are by now. No way they'll be able to catch up or even want to considering how much work it would involve and all the potential drip feed they'd be missing out on.

But they don't really have to, as much as we'd all want it 1:1 up to date. A steady stream of content every month without gaps despite missing legal rights to certain events is all they need.

So long as it doesn't start exactly like the JP version with only three classes, no subclassing, shitty trees/PAs, a horrible grind past lv20, few areas and only a single EQ. Game was honestly shit when it first came out and tons of people quit as a result. SEA version seems to get that part right, at least.

Unless you mean they'll just never get certain stuff for no real reason and then close down way earlier than the original server after months of empty promises.

Alukard
Sep 11, 2014, 02:24 PM
Just play on the jp servers if you like the game or wait another 2 years...for sega to announce that it's still working on a west release.

Gamemako
Sep 11, 2014, 07:40 PM
Just play on the jp servers if you like the game or wait another 2 years...for sega to announce that it's still working on a west release.

I think mctastee is right on the money here: it's likely that within a year or so, we'll either get the announcement of "PSO2 on PS4! PSO2 also coming to the West with cross-play!" or it's never coming at all. Without at least the introduction of a new platform, PSO2 is DOA. Those Westerners who might have sustained the game have already pushed into the JP version, so SEGA would need to provide the game to a new audience if it's going to release at all.

Shinamori
Sep 11, 2014, 08:19 PM
It's not gonna come on PS4 in the west if it's not on the Japanese PS4 first.

Gamemako
Sep 11, 2014, 09:22 PM
It's not gonna come on PS4 in the west if it's not on the Japanese PS4 first.

I don't think that really matters. I just don't think we'll see any release in the West unless they also release on PS4.

IndignationSWF
Sep 12, 2014, 01:20 AM
Unless you mean they'll just never get certain stuff for no real reason and then close down way earlier than the original server after months of empty promises.

I should've been more clear, my apologies. This is what I'm worried about. Sega's been really lax in terms of content completion in the west in the last few year so I fear if it doesn't get an amazing start they'll cut their losses.

moorebounce
Sep 12, 2014, 02:25 AM
Seriously people need to stop making these threads until a release date is announced.

IndignationSWF
Sep 12, 2014, 02:42 AM
Seriously people need to stop making these threads until a release date is announced.

It's worth having a discussion over, if only to gauge interest in the community. We just don't need more than one.

landman
Sep 12, 2014, 02:57 AM
Did we ever even get the Full Story in Universe?
Yes, we did, even the PC server that was shut down prematurely because population was far behind the 360 servers.

Helvetica Standard
Sep 12, 2014, 03:27 AM
If they do release it, I think they would include ep 1 and 2 at least. They should know slapping us with launch content is a suicidal move. That's just what I think though..

Shear
Sep 12, 2014, 07:10 AM
I see you don't know Sega very well.

Gankfest
Oct 26, 2014, 11:43 PM
Would anyone quit JP to play it?

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 26, 2014, 11:51 PM
^That's a good one....

Gama
Oct 27, 2014, 12:03 AM
*sink*

UnLucky
Oct 27, 2014, 12:28 AM
What's Gankfest doin necroing these joke server threads?

Sanguine2009
Oct 27, 2014, 12:41 AM
dammit, why wont this thread diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

SakuRei
Oct 27, 2014, 01:06 AM
dammit, why wont this thread diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMsboqMMzs

Nanomachines, son!

Hobu
Oct 27, 2014, 01:57 AM
Daily reminder that SEGA will never launch a NA/US server!

(inb4 close)

NoiseHERO
Oct 27, 2014, 01:58 AM
KAmen rider has a car now?

Hobu
Oct 27, 2014, 02:06 AM
Yes he does now.

NoiseHERO
Oct 27, 2014, 02:20 AM
Das nice n fine

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 27, 2014, 02:21 AM
Would anyone quit JP to play it?
if someone replaced their brain with chest nuts and mash potatoes then maybe

Scyris
Oct 27, 2014, 03:18 AM
I'd not mind if it was 6 months behind update wise, They need to give players stuff to look forward too. But yeah I also call bullshit on this, they been using this bait for over 2 years now. Pso2 is an alright game but its not that good that it needs this kind of hype. I currently play the jp server, and while with the eng patch its playable, its hard to find people to hang with since most of the playerbase is japanese. Like in a US server I could join random teams and be like "hello there mind if I join?" But since i don't know japanese, its not as easy. So I end up soloing mostly. Besides if a eng version does come out, I bet they will figure a way to get that eng translation into the jp ver.

Hobu
Oct 27, 2014, 03:31 AM
1. Go to your visiphone
2. Click Team Search
3. Click Search by Comments
4. Type in "English"
5. English-speaking Teams should pop out of the choices.

Enjoy your Eng community.