PDA

View Full Version : Connecting with Pingzappper

ashleebabee2308
Sep 5, 2014, 09:40 AM
My family decided to switch from Verizon Fios to Optimum recently so I went from being able to play PSO2 with no problem to not being able to play at all, which really sucks because we switched right before Episode 3 came out and I was looking forward to checking out the Bouncers and being able to play as any class I want. So after doing some research on other ways to play, I found Pingzapper. I can't afford most of the other methods that require you to pay so I was hoping to find a free-to-play solution instead, and it seemed like Pingzapper worked for a lot of people by doing the trick where you turn it off when you get to the log-in screen. But it doesn't seem to be working for me, and I'm hoping someone can help me understand why or can tell me what I'm doing wrong. As far as I know, I'm doing the trick correctly. I have everything updated through Tweaker before I attempt to play. I turn on Pingzapper to open Tweaker, launch the game, get to the log-in screen, and then I switch back to Pingzapper. I restart the tunnel and turn off Pingzapper with the switch at the top right corner, and then I go back to playing the game. But it still logs me out after a half hour. I've tried it roughly 7 times over a couple days, because you have to wait a half hour to see if it worked and I don't have a lot of time for waiting like that, and everytime it boots me out after the 30 minutes. I even tried hitting the off switch on the PSO2 profile on Pingzapper. I've tried every combination of restarting the tunnel and turning buttons off I can think of but nothing works.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there another reason why it won't work? Any information would be a big help because I miss playing this game and I really don't want to have to pay for something to play the game.

reaper527
Sep 5, 2014, 02:39 PM
pingzapper is obsolete at this point. you should be using pso2proxy IF you aren't willing to do the free year of amazon web services (which is the better solution).

Chdata
Sep 5, 2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I'd go for AWS.

Pingzapper will eventually stop working when you run out of free hours.

ashleebabee2308
Sep 5, 2014, 03:30 PM
I had looked at the AWS thing but I wasn't sure on it. I knew the Amazon service was free but I'd read you also needed some other services, like the PuTTY/PuTTYgen and the Proxycap thing, and I wasn't sure if there was a way to bypass the free trial on the Proxycap so that I wouldn't have to pay after the trial. This is the first time and the first game I've ever had to try methods like these to play so I'm new at this whole thing and not really sure how to work it all. But is the AWS way of playing completely free for a whole year, including the other proxy services, or is it just the AWS that's free and you still have to pay for the proxy?