PDA

View Full Version : about the english patch after ep3...

pkemr4
Sep 5, 2014, 05:51 PM
is there gonna be another patch to change quest names to japanese names? because right now if you have the english and start a quest it shows up to everyone in english while jp's will show up in japanese. i know you change the settings, but for people that didnt know about this change.

ZER0 DX
Sep 5, 2014, 06:10 PM
It would be a lot less hassle to keep the English quest names and just spread the word about changing the default party name settings in the options menu if it's a concern for people. I honestly didn't know it did that until a few days ago and it was an easy permanent solution. Most people probably don't really care, but for those of us that would rather stay under wraps about using the English patch, it's a nice thing to know about.

Daiyousei
Sep 5, 2014, 06:36 PM
other than quest names, the emergency code names and stuff get changed too, I hear at least 5 "X extermination code" per day.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 5, 2014, 07:22 PM
They already know about the english patch. I believe Sakai and crew expressed surprise and admiration over how far we'll go to play the game.

pkemr4
Sep 5, 2014, 07:26 PM
was referring mainly to the quest name being shown up in english making it obvious your using the eng patch.

Myriarch
Sep 5, 2014, 07:30 PM
They already know about the english patch. I believe Sakai and crew expressed surprise and admiration over how far we'll go to play the game.

Would you care to show some proof of this as refrence for later?

Chik'Tikka
Sep 6, 2014, 03:51 AM
Would you care to show some proof of this as refrence for later?

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/
+^_^+ this was just for the character creator demo, he made no mentions for the closed beta English patch earlier that year in April during this particular interview.
I think Sakai and crew made another mention sometime after the hackers moved NPCs around in July 2012

I don't think SEGA or Sakai said anything about the EN patch since 2012...

EvilMag
Sep 6, 2014, 03:52 AM
I recall a hint being made when people were datamining pso2es and found out Sega borrowed the english patch names of the enemies for some sort of listing.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 6, 2014, 04:01 AM
I recall a hint being made when people were datamining pso2es and found out Sega borrowed the english patch names of the enemies for some sort of listing.

i wouldn't doubt it, I'm sure SEGAC had some poor intern take the whole EN patch apart +^_^+

elryan
Sep 6, 2014, 06:19 AM

More like they're not going to do anything with most English legit players because...

http://my.fakingnews.firstpost.com/files/2013/09/scrooge-mcduck-make-it-rain.jpg

HeyItsTHK
Sep 6, 2014, 11:06 AM
Right. As long as we're not causing trouble, there's no real issue. We're adding to their player base and some of us are buying AC anyway so. Better for them.