PDA

View Full Version : Error code 249 in Canada?

ragforce
Sep 5, 2014, 08:33 PM
So i decided to spend a whole 3 beautiful days figuring out how to download PSO2 and found out that I had to disable my antivirus >.>

but when i finally got it working another problem occured; the "error code 249"

Now I've searched like mad and found that is had to do with something about banning SEA players.... but the problem here is I live in Canada, trying to play from Canada so I was wondering if there were any geniuses out there that could help me with this problem?

ashley50
Sep 5, 2014, 08:59 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220175

Sizustar
Sep 5, 2014, 09:03 PM
Which version are you trying to play?

Taiwan Chinese version?
Japanese version with English patch?
SEA English version?

ragforce
Sep 5, 2014, 11:15 PM
JPN version with english patch

Yamishi
Sep 6, 2014, 10:30 AM
If you haven't been playing for the last few months (which I see you haven't, as a newbie :P), then you would have missed the DDoS shenanigans. I have access to both Rogers and Bell in Canada, and both are currently unable to access the PSO2 JP servers, thus giving the 107 error from the launcher and 249 in-game, when launched through the Tweaker.

The only options right now are proxies or VPNs.

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 11:30 AM
Works with some IPSs, but I'm guessing that list is short. I'm one one of the few lucky ones I guess.

ragforce
Sep 6, 2014, 03:09 PM
Awww man I guess i got unlucky. Thanks for all the answers guys, at least I'm out of the dark now.

Yamishi
Sep 6, 2014, 04:24 PM
Awww man I guess i got unlucky. Thanks for all the answers guys, at least I'm out of the dark now.

If you didn't already know, the PSO2 Tweaker has a built-in proxy option. All you need is the link that you can get from pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net. Then you can play like normal, AND get a special chat channel just for proxy users.

It's my recommended way of doing it. :)