PDA

View Full Version : I want an opinion.

Faylen
Sep 6, 2014, 10:46 AM
How Good/bad is playparks english PSO2? I have who are interested in the game but don't want to deal with the japanese....

Please no comments on them being "Behind" the Japanese version thats a given.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 6, 2014, 10:50 AM
Looks decent. I don't approve of the "stripping away" of long standing terms and changing them to generic ones. Like Force to Wizard and technics to spells. Foie to Fire, etc.

Faylen
Sep 6, 2014, 10:53 AM
o.0 Ok thats a little...umm....-hangs self- Been playing Phantasy Star since the olds haha so that hurts a bit.

Daiyousei
Sep 6, 2014, 11:00 AM
Wait till you get to Full Health Drinks, Revival Kits, Shield, and Amplify.

Faylen
Sep 6, 2014, 11:02 AM
T,T But is...it...playable......

landman
Sep 6, 2014, 11:03 AM
Those are the only awkward things they will notice, healing kit instead of monomate, etcetera etcetera, everything else is provably the official English translation made by Sega, and it's not bad at all.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 6, 2014, 11:08 AM
How Good/bad is playparks english PSO2? I have who are interested in the game but don't want to deal with the japanese....

besides being behind, you also have to pay for pretty much everythin you want to do in that game. And everything binds the moment you equip it. EVERYTHING.

Stickboy
Sep 6, 2014, 11:18 AM
they're in the loss though, currently

final_attack
Sep 6, 2014, 11:22 AM
Also, please do note ...... RMT is legal over there, so, if you want to buy something, better prepare a lot of meseta ......... or prepare for the grind and use your luck.

The problem with grinding is ..... I heard from my friends that tried there ..... the amount of players is small, might want to check which ship got the highest population.

Rehal
Sep 6, 2014, 11:27 AM
Asiasoft PSO2 is pretty good, you can practice on how RMT works there without any risk.
Just prepare alot of money, game got modified to be more suitable toward the locals so the grind are worse than KR MMO unless you pay off.

Oh and market got overrun with bots so you probably won't be able to buy anything worth in there with your own playing gain unless you RMT for the money.

Daiyousei
Sep 6, 2014, 11:43 AM
speaking of RMT, there's also the fact that stuff costs well over 10m meseta even for just a costume. It has inflated the economy to quite a proportion.

Faylen
Sep 6, 2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks so much, I can pass this info on.

Sinue_v2
Sep 6, 2014, 12:57 PM
o.0 Ok thats a little...umm....-hangs self- Been playing Phantasy Star since the olds haha so that hurts a bit.

Why should it? They've already stripped out anything that made Phantasy Star in any way relevant to the original series a long, long, time ago. They might as well just call it "Generic Asian MMO #352341". I guess that's a bit harsh... it's not shovelware, but it's not any Phantasy Star that I recognize either.

WildarmsRE5
Sep 6, 2014, 11:23 PM
T,T But is...it...playable......I'm pretty sure JP PSO2 is playable as well.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2014, 11:33 PM
Man thefuck up you supposed to be Jaqlou Jaggerjig.

IndignationSWF
Sep 6, 2014, 11:53 PM
speaking of RMT, there's also the fact that stuff costs well over 10m meseta even for just a costume. It has inflated the economy to quite a proportion.

And that's for early content, it's gonna get FAR worse.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 7, 2014, 12:06 AM

Use the tweaker and a jp proxy or the vpn. Or just see if you guys can connect. It's really not that hard, and it's a lot better to just do the JP one.

They're waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. Also pay 2 outfits/win? No thanks.

elryan
Sep 7, 2014, 12:12 AM
I played it abit during DDOS.

Cash shop item prices are crazy expensive there. (about 200% more expensive than JP in terms of real money)

Lack of players caused item prices to be inflated. (9* Twin Yasminkov 2000H was 9M. The next day it is bought by someone.)

Gold sellers are not banned and kept on whispering you.

Lack of content. No scheduled EQ.

1/10, would not play again.

Volkh
Sep 7, 2014, 01:13 AM
Still playing SEA up to now.

Prices are expensive (Good ones atleast 1 million. End-game are about 10m or more. Last I checked, Lambda Aristene was 12m.)

There's only 2 blocks that are full during EQ. Only one block full during anytime.

I still hate the Wizard and Health drink names (Although I did like Paradigm Matrix instead of Matter Board lol)

The Gold spam bots, and few incidents of people suddenly showing out of nowhere, killing mobs with one hit using speed rain, and dashing as fast as "20-dash", also incidents of hackers whispering to everyone in one ship.

I'm only here because of the community and friends I made (At least most people speak english. There's also one local language I understand.)

It's.... playable but goodluck with that.

If you are from SEA, then maybe, just maybe you can play with people you are familiar with. If you're not from SEA, I rather let people pick JP.

Up to you if you want to join PSO2SEA. Have yet to meet someone in SEA that is not from SEA tho.

Faylen
Sep 7, 2014, 02:46 AM
Use the tweaker and a jp proxy or the vpn. Or just see if you guys can connect. It's really not that hard, and it's a lot better to just do the JP one.
They're waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. Also pay 2 outfits/win? No thanks.

any vpn suggestions?

IndignationSWF
Sep 7, 2014, 02:49 AM
any vpn suggestions?

Amazon's is really good though you have to pay for it even if it's dirt cheap really.

I've heard people talk about Softether but I can't speak to it personally.