Sep 7, 2014, 11:32 AM
Would it be a good idea?

Is it possible?

possible? definitely
good idea? subjective to the beholder

ashley50
Sep 7, 2014, 11:36 AM
Would it be a good idea?

See PSU XB360, and how that went in terms of updates.

Deidaku
Sep 7, 2014, 11:38 AM
No idea what you're meaning by that. But I can assume it went terribly :/

But hey it's next gen. And since it's already on vita maing a PS4 port shouldn't be too hard right?

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 7, 2014, 11:44 AM
No idea what you're meaning by that. But I can assume it went terribly :/

But hey it's next gen. And since it's already on vita maing a PS4 port shouldn't be too hard right?

There's no issue of it running, that's for sure. The issue is content. We could hope it would be up to date, and cross play isn't exactly a stretch since they're doing it with Vita already. But it would have to be up to date, which PSU XBOX360... wasn't.

Hell, even if they come out with it for PS4, it'll probably just be in Japan only :wacko:

TheAstarion
Sep 7, 2014, 12:15 PM
Ideally it would be a great idea but the reality relegates it to the realm of bad ideas, dashed hopes and what could have been.

PS4 is by far the most likely console of any of the (now current) gen consoles thanks to the existing arrangement with Sony with the Vita. Best solution for us would be 300 and 400 blocks for shared and Ps4 global blocks, similar to the 100 and 200 vita and shares blocks we have already.

But it would mean money. The cash is there but the userbase is already pretty much 100% of what inbound he with a console release. Only thing console would add would be native voice chat and standardised hardware for cheaper than most good new PCs.

Oh and fewer super saiyan neckbearded controller macro octodashers. The sooner they all die and accept walking speed the better.

landman
Sep 7, 2014, 12:38 PM
The current user base in Japan is not very high, if they wanted to release a console version, they would provably go for PS3+PS4, the same way every other major Japanese games are being announced/released right now. And don't worry, the PS3 can handle it, the engine already runs in it, and this game runs on a Vita. Updates should not be any different than the vita version as well, and those come at the same time as PC.

The lack of content on the 360 was not the system's fault, it was just laziness on the developer (btw, the developer was sega of japan, sega of america only patched the game with what was given).

Anduril
Sep 7, 2014, 01:25 PM
The current user base in Japan is not very high, if they wanted to release a console version, they would provably go for PS3+PS4, the same way every other major Japanese games are being announced/released right now. And don't worry, the PS3 can handle it, the engine already runs in it, and this game runs on a Vita. Updates should not be any different than the vita version as well, and those come at the same time as PC.

The lack of content on the 360 was not the system's fault, it was just laziness on the developer (btw, the developer was sega of japan, sega of america only patched the game with what was given).
Actually, from what I understand, the issue that caused PSU360 to fall behind was the patching system/process set in place by Microsoft. Developers had to spend large sums of money to submit a patch for their games on the 360, so ultimately SEGA decided to cut their losses regarding that platform as I'm sure they would just end up losing money trying to push out regular patches relative to the income from subscriptions.

That said, it seems that this generation of consoles is a bit more lax on the patch fees, so a console version, especially a PS4 one, seems a little more likely than before.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 7, 2014, 02:21 PM
I know how to play it like its on a ps4. All you have to do is get a ps4 controller and hook it up to a pc and there done.

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2014, 02:23 PM
Would it be a good idea?

Is it possible?

PS4 came out in Japan this year, so no, not enough system owners yet. Also, even if the PS4 is region free, the game will remain in Japanese and tweakers aren't possible on a game console, so I hope you can read Japanese.

blace
Sep 7, 2014, 02:51 PM
PS4 came out in Japan this year, so no, not enough system owners yet. Also, even if the PS4 is region free, the game will remain in Japanese and tweakers aren't possible on a game console, so I hope you can read Japanese.

Has it stopped Vita users?

lostinseganet
Sep 7, 2014, 05:10 PM
They should have done it when the system first came out. The free online competition was only like 1 game on ps4

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2014, 05:55 PM
Has it stopped Vita users?

Don't know, lets ask those 5 PSO2 Westerner Vita players.

Z-0
Sep 7, 2014, 06:06 PM
If somebody is prepared to play on foreign servers, a language barrier is simply a trivial hurdle they'll get over.

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2014, 06:29 PM
If somebody is prepared to play on foreign servers, a language barrier is simply a trivial hurdle they'll get over.

Probably, but considering the registration date on the topic creator, I'm pretty sure he would have steered the conversation towards a PS4 western release. We can't get the damn thing on PC, let alone on a system that would cost SOA license fees. Anyway, this sort of game as always been more suited for PC than a game console, not to mention that unlike the original PSO, there is no offline mode. Yes, I know FFXI and FFXIV, but there's a big difference between SEGA and Squenix.

mctastee
Sep 7, 2014, 08:55 PM
I would probably play it again if it came out on PS4.

strikerhunter
Sep 7, 2014, 09:13 PM
Would it be a good idea?

Is it possible?

1. Maybe if they enhance the graphics and texture, etc. etc. etc.

2. Oh it's possible, the real question is whether it's profitable.

blace
Sep 7, 2014, 09:52 PM

You're underestimating the number of western Vita players with that count.

Rain Walker
Sep 7, 2014, 10:22 PM
I think it has more chance on PS3 than PS4 tbh

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2014, 10:24 PM
if game still free and I dun gotta playing for Sony LIVE then yeh whatever.

LordKaiser
Sep 7, 2014, 10:29 PM
I think it has more chance on PS3 than PS4 tbhThe PS3 can't handle PSO2.

Sparzyle
Sep 8, 2014, 12:01 AM
You really don't know about all the people who played pso2 vita outside of Japan...

But since all that DDoS stuff happened it seems that they can't connect to the servers... 7:

Also yeah X-BOX360 server was a failure because Microsoft got some high fees required for any kind of update to every game. Being Sony all online free, PSO2 could have a better chance of being on PS4.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 8, 2014, 12:16 AM
good idea yes possible unlikely we are talking about Sega aren't we there support for JRPGS on home Consoles has drastically dropped the only JRPGS sega publishes on Consoles are the shining series which sell terrible in japan and never see western releases

i'll give you a 2% chance of PSO2 getting a PS4 release also Sega hasn't even released the phantasy star collection on PSN in the west when it has the option to switch the language from JP to english for all 4 phantasy star games

landman
Sep 8, 2014, 02:27 AM
The PS3 can't handle PSO2.
If the Vita can the PS3 can, the engine PSO2 PC uses is already running on the PS3 (Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations).

BTW, DC Universe Online does not require you to pay PS Plus to play, and it's a full online f2p.

Uncle_bob
Sep 8, 2014, 05:27 AM
Consoles are shit.

PSO2 plays like shit with gamepad.

Horrible idea.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 8, 2014, 05:34 AM
Consoles are shit.

Horrible idea.

ahh did somebody have a bad experience with a controller? here want a cookie? (::)

or do you want a Vita with PSO2?

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 8, 2014, 06:02 AM
Consoles are shit.

Horrible idea.

My gamepad is evidence otherwise that PSO2 plays like crap with one. *shrugs*

Uncle_bob
Sep 8, 2014, 06:09 AM
My gamepad is evidence otherwise that PSO2 plays like crap with one. *shrugs*

But that's wrong.

You'd get better results with KB+Mouse.

WildarmsRE5
Sep 8, 2014, 06:23 AM
here's how it goes;

Melee Combat ---> Controller > KB+M

Ranged Combat ---> Controller < KB+M

landman
Sep 8, 2014, 06:45 AM
Better option: controller + keyboard and sometimes using the mouse.

XrosBlader821
Sep 8, 2014, 07:34 AM
I personally prefer playing with my controller. Even with ranged classes or even A.I.S.

the_importer_
Sep 8, 2014, 07:47 AM
But since all that DDoS stuff happened it seems that they can't connect to the servers... 7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

landman
Sep 8, 2014, 07:48 AM
I only use the mouse with the harpoon, I only need my right hand to leave the controller, and my elbow to turn 90 degrees to grab the mouse. But I don't play ranger.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 8, 2014, 07:53 AM
In all honesty, I have my mouse, KB, and gamepad all in front of me at once. I can can use whatever I want on the fly. If its melee combat, typically gamepad. If its ranged, typically mouse and KB. meh.