PDA

View Full Version : Mission MB16 Story Mission Bug?

MadDuckhunter
Sep 8, 2014, 10:22 PM
So, I've been hunting for a solution to this, to no avail. I would post this in the story patch thread, except it isn't related to it afaik. Reinstalled JP files and did English Story patch on both old and new methods, and this bug still reappears. I added spoiler areas to help explain where, without actually spoiling it. (hopefully!)

In The Day of Resurrection story quest, certain sections will spawn enemies (the Abyssal Arks only do this) and I will kill them, however the wall barrier to the next section will not go away, and on the map it still shows a yellow arrow that does not go away. It looks like a broken spawn of some kind, but it's reproducible. In Block 2, this happened at both the dead end area and directly before the fight with Ohza, Marlu, etc. I got around that by avoiding the dead end, though now it's happening again after picking up Echo, and I can't seemingly avoid this section when the bug happens. This blocks any progress on the mission, and restarting will always bug at the same place. Any ideas why this would happen?

thunderstorm387
Sep 8, 2014, 10:36 PM
I've had this happen to me too, but later on in the story quest. The way I finished the story quest was to beat up all the monsters in the dead ends and not skip anything otherwise the barriers don't go down for me. That or I tried taking a different route, ie skipping certain monsters. But that took me many retries.

MadDuckhunter
Sep 8, 2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I tried both ways. Doing the whole no skip on monsters, and then skipping what I could method. Both areas would eventually get me stuck, just in different places. Not skipping monsters got me stuck in the second area, while skipping made me stuck in the third area instead. I could continuously retry, but I've already done that for a good hour-2 hours, and idk how well that's working lol

Edson Drake
Sep 8, 2014, 11:20 PM
It was definitely weird. You could see the yellow dots on the map but the enemy wouldn't spawn.

I noticed that'd happen if you kill them too quick. One-by-one would do the trick, so no AoE attacks. I had to retry a lot of times too.

Shear
Sep 9, 2014, 12:13 AM
If you walk back to the entrance of the current block and then go back the Enemy will have spawned.

Sacrificial
Sep 9, 2014, 12:23 AM
If you wait a minute the barrier disappears. Thats how it went for me and some teammates.

wefwq
Sep 9, 2014, 03:36 AM
I have same issue as OP said, but it seems i can clear the quest by trying many times and kill stuff as fast as possible.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 9, 2014, 04:38 AM
I just recently did the story quest and it happened to me as well at both places.. The first was solved by just walking to the most top west of the map you can, walking back spawned it, the second was fixed by restarting the quest after running in circles for like 2 minutes.

That aside this story quest is goddamn awesome ;~; Hope the next two get translated fast.

MadDuckhunter
Sep 9, 2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the replies! Nice to hear at least it isn't just me, was going to reinstall PSO2 cause i thought it might be some messed up file. Next time I try I'll use something not as overpowered and kill one by one, or waiting for a good 2-3 minutes. Sadly, I can't do some of the other methods cause the sections in the mission that it happens it always blocks me from going back to the last block. The story mission is pretty awesome though, so I don't mind if my only option is to retry.