PDA

View Full Version : FUFUFU YOU HAVE NO LUCK

dr apocalipsis
Sep 9, 2014, 10:10 PM
When this boosted week started, I had some unexpected RL stuff that prevented me to play until yesterday. So in the full week I only was able to do 1 Elder, 1 TD1, 2 and 3. That's all. Oh, don't forgetting about Vardha, city and amsducia. I also spent a full afternoon running new boss looking for units, but got none.

My objective was to get that 11* title unit grinding stuff, so I started yesterday grinding 7-9* crap weps. I stopped when I had to waste 200k into a 7* and 350k into an Ikutachi. Then I thought about selling stuff in the last crazy hours, including my few protects leftovers. 1 hour before maint I realized about campaign CO's and started a new planet exploration along some friends, with all boosters leftovers from failed TD1. Elder popped and my luck changed with a late, and already tekked, Elder Pain.

So I had to rush to pot3 it in 30 minutes, buying overpriced protects and all, since I sold them 15 minutes earlier. This is the first +10 grinding, with over 20 protects burned in the making:

http://abload.de/img/elderpain10mxxv0.png

Total, over 3M (+protects+spheres) to pot3 a fucking old 10* on a +10% grind boosted day. Not enough fail? In the 5 minutes I had to open 5 slots it failed 1 95% and 4 90%. And time ran out before applying last 30% for 5x100%. So tomorrow it will be a 5x90% to start with.

Laugh at me, post your failed grinding logs, play League of legends... But if this thread is still alive for long enough, I will start posting my BOOSTED WEEK LOGS OF FAILURE(tm) for your pleasure. Some 7* logs are just too long to be beliveable, I warn you.

TL:DR I got an Elder Pain 40 minutes before maint killed superweek and I'm angry.

Arkanoid
Sep 9, 2014, 10:14 PM
Go to bed ^_^

obsexed
Sep 9, 2014, 10:22 PM
Go to bed ^_^

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 9, 2014, 10:23 PM
I move to vote that we no longer call them attempts anymore. We call them tears.

Shinmarizu
Sep 9, 2014, 10:24 PM
If you wanted tales of how evil Dudu and Monica were when you were chasing the Whitill Wing, I have quite a few stories. (Carino Light can go burn in unholy hellfire.)

But looking at that, I can only wince and feel for you. Condolences, for whatever they're worth.

If you're still chasing those Wings (they look awesome, I wouldn't blame you) and have become insane in the process, I shall pray for you.

Noc Codez
Sep 9, 2014, 10:25 PM
Rest up Tommorow is the new EQ those units are going to drop like candy. If it makes you feel better it took me 2 days of 350% + luck units+ daily boost+ team rare boost to get my unit set. It was not fun but I did manage to get my last unit today.

Chdata
Sep 9, 2014, 10:26 PM
Get in bed with me ^_^

Also getting the set took me 2 days but I only popped 250%'s when rare bosses popped.

I didn't even take part in the time attack ranking for gunnegam because I was watching Sword Art Online II and forgot it was happening and didn't have that much drive to obtain the units until these last three days suddenly.

Also luck rise was demystified as not boosting rare drops and only really being good for things like grinders/collect orders/XQ stones/AQ stones

final_attack
Sep 9, 2014, 10:26 PM
I know that feels on fails ;_;

Shadowth117
Sep 9, 2014, 10:28 PM
You should all go to bed together and give us some quiet. ^_^

Fufufu
Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 PM
I'm lucky sometimes ;-;

Arkanoid
Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 PM
I'm lucky sometimes ;-;

This is too funny xD

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 9, 2014, 10:40 PM
Go to bed team ditcher ^_^

Arkanoid
Sep 9, 2014, 10:42 PM
Go to bed team ditcher ^_^

You owe me money!

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 9, 2014, 10:44 PM
You owe me money!

bitch I'll pay you when I can so step off my kool aid

IndigoNovember
Sep 9, 2014, 11:10 PM
Also luck rise was demystified as not boosting rare drops and only really being good for things like grinders/collect orders/XQ stones/AQ stones

Does it decrease chances of rares dropping by increasing chances of commons dropping?

Limbo_lag
Sep 9, 2014, 11:11 PM
I've wasted ~2m+ only to +7 a red launcher. Gotta love me the rng.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 9, 2014, 11:32 PM
I went from 3 mil to 722 meseta and like 42 grinders just on one sword.

Shinmarizu
Sep 9, 2014, 11:41 PM
I went from 3 mil to 722 meseta and like 42 grinders just on one sword.

What sword was this?

HeyItsTHK
Sep 9, 2014, 11:48 PM
What sword was this?

サファイザリア
Sapphizaria

ZER0 DX
Sep 9, 2014, 11:48 PM
If you wanted tales of how evil Dudu and Monica were when you were chasing the Whitill Wing, I have quite a few stories. (Carino Light can go burn in unholy hellfire.)

But looking at that, I can only wince and feel for you. Condolences, for whatever they're worth.

If you're still chasing those Wings (they look awesome, I wouldn't blame you) and have become insane in the process, I shall pray for you.

I swear Dudu and Monica have some unholy hatred of all kinds of casting gear. I have never seen so many 7-9* rods just keep exploding over and over and over again. I had easier times with the few 10 and 11* weapons I grinded. It got to the point I gave up grinding after getting a majority of the 7-9* titles with a grand total of 380 titles across the board (around 170 of them being weapons). I fully believe that grind boost was entirely non-existent and I'm pissed I still don't have the wings for all the headaches this whole ordeal gave me. If they had titles for failing grinds like PSU, I would totally have them about 10 times over by now.

Shinmarizu
Sep 9, 2014, 11:58 PM
サファイザリア/Sapphizaria... during boost week? *shudder*

Also...

Try getting the Wing before Boost Week was even a thing. I did that, and then my brother thought "hmm, those are nice" and he eventually got his pair.

But not before we wanted to throttle Monica several times. It's almost as if Dudu's smug voice doesn't affect me anymore.

BTW the crafting titles are easy to get, so it's much easier to get 400 titles now.

The_Brimada
Sep 10, 2014, 12:00 AM
I'm lucky sometimes ;-;

Lol.... this post right here made my night

Edson Drake
Sep 10, 2014, 12:06 AM
Really? I thought the event was pretty generous to me.

I spent +40 millions in grinding/pots lv3. I grinded multiple 11* weapons at once. Works better for me, in terms of success, although that might be superstition and I have no proof.E vent was a blast and this afternoon I've finished my last weapon an Helen Trager.

I've spent everything I had including boosters, fodders, passes and protects and I'm completely broke, but no regrets.

A shame it wasn't like this for everybody else, a friend was cursing Dudu/Monica today as usual. The luck varies a lot, I've raged plenty of times too.

NexusAZ
Sep 10, 2014, 12:24 AM
I still believe this to be my greatest achievement in PSO2.

http://pastebin.com/Y6rc0VPN

HeyItsTHK
Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
サファイザリア/Sapphizaria... during boost week? *shudder*

Also...

Try getting the Wing before Boost Week was even a thing. I did that, and then my brother thought "hmm, those are nice" and he eventually got his pair.

But not before we wanted to throttle Monica several times. It's almost as if Dudu's smug voice doesn't affect me anymore.

BTW the crafting titles are easy to get, so it's much easier to get 400 titles now.

It was going well UNTIL I got the potential to level 2.

isCasted
Sep 10, 2014, 03:28 AM
I spent 4 million to get Agito to +10 once.

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 03:58 AM
This is the worst boost week I've ever had.
I've had so many 70%, 88%, 90%, 96% fails. So, so many.
I don't think I've ever had any failures above 88% before.

And I kept having grinds stuck at +5-+7 or +8-+9 for the longest time.
I hate the upgrade system in this game so much.

UnLucky
Sep 10, 2014, 04:22 AM
more like -10% grind event

Shinmarizu
Sep 10, 2014, 05:01 AM
more like -10% grind event

Half the time, I believe this to be the case. Or there's a hidden coinflip that will still fail your grind or each affix every damn time.

Game's self-aware.

Rupikachu
Sep 10, 2014, 05:22 AM
Mine was great, couldn't grind all my stuff to pot3 (lack of meseta and i would have liked to reaffix a weapon). But managed to get and grind the new unit (3 affixes, but hey i was broke) the last day.

dr apocalipsis
Sep 10, 2014, 07:51 AM
OFC I failed 1st try of upslotting with 30% and 90x5. But forgot to take a shoot. Then this happened:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://abload.de/img/pso20140910_143415_00phu6v.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I kept failing and entered into rage mode until this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://abload.de/img/pso20140910_144255_009nue6.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not even the affixes I was looking for, but fodder lead me to that. Only the unsafest upslotting worked after 3 80% failed in a row.

140 cubes and 5M to get that.

What a monster money sink this Elder PAIN is.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 08:13 AM
OFC I failed 1st try of upslotting with 30% and 90x5. But forgot to take a shoot. Then this happened:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://abload.de/img/pso20140910_143415_00phu6v.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I kept failing and entered into rage mode until this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://abload.de/img/pso20140910_144255_009nue6.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not even the affixes I was looking for, but fodder lead me to that. Only the unsafest upslotting worked after 3 80% failed in a row.

140 cubes and 5M to get that.

What a monster money sink this Elder PAIN is.

Ha ha ha I love when this shit happens.

Sometimes I wonder if the game is programmed to check if you've tried an identical/similar affix and if you're now all out of affix boosters before it allows a success.

I was doing some soul 3slotting earlier, 70/100/100 -> 4 fails in a row, run out of boosters -> first success. Oh Sega.

dr apocalipsis
Sep 10, 2014, 10:45 AM
So... Much... FAIL

[SPOILER-BOX]http://abload.de/img/pso20140910_162314_00xhuyl.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chat log nails it.

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM
I've suspected that too.

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 11:06 AM
doing 49% chance affixing I got 3/5 tries, pretty much true to the chances.

Grayburg
Sep 10, 2014, 11:17 AM
You wasted money by buying Grind Risk Reductions. For 10*s,

don't use protection.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 11:24 AM

don't use protection.

bareback grinding truly is the best way

that feel when you bareback grind and ride the wave until you reach the peak

then you do it three more times

oh man so good

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 10, 2014, 11:29 AM
bareback grinding truly is the best way

that feel when you bareback grind and ride the wave until you reach the peak

then you do it three more times

oh man so good

Um... okay... you have fun with that... O.o

Grayburg
Sep 10, 2014, 11:34 AM
Okay, but seriously. Even now that the 10% boost week has ended,

you only need protection on the last grind before finishing.

Shinmarizu
Sep 10, 2014, 11:34 AM
While 10* and lower weps were giving me so much hell this past week, grinding my batch of 11*s went fairly smooth. Got 6 of them to pot3 without much protection.

To clarify: only using a risk +1 at 9, sometimes not even.

10*s? Half the time, once they touched +7, they would freefall to +4. It is very expensive to go 7 -> 5 -> 4 or 8 -> 6 -> 5 -> 4, and all you're doing is swearing at Monica every step.

I can imagine her hiding under the counter when a -3 occurs or something.

dr apocalipsis
Sep 11, 2014, 06:38 AM

don't use protection.

http://abload.de/img/elderpain10mxxv0.png

Are you looking at the same graph that I'm looking at?

Cg if you can +10 10* without using protects. I HAD to use protects starting at +8 and even so the graph looks like it looks.

milranduil
Sep 11, 2014, 06:54 AM
Something about failing grinds? :wacko:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x72/Milranduil/fossilblower_grinds.png (http://s181.photobucket.com/user/Milranduil/media/fossilblower_grinds.png.html)

This was me +10'ing my Flame Revolver last boost. My favorite part is how it goes 5-10 after 254 grinds of rage.

Walkure
Sep 11, 2014, 07:15 AM
Okay, but seriously. Even now that the 10% boost week has ended,

you only need protection on the last grind before finishing.
On average, it's still better to use at +7 and above as long as the base grind cost is higher than ~6100 or so.

Grayburg
Sep 11, 2014, 09:24 AM
Interesting post you have about the cost to grind a 10*, Walkure.

There are some things I don't agree with, and my own calculations resulted in a slightly different optimal grind path.

Too bad grinding's a dead discussion.

TaigaUC
Sep 11, 2014, 09:28 AM
If I recall correctly, during the last grind event, I was able to get several 10 stars to +10 without risk reduction.

This time seemed a lot worse. I don't think I easily got a single one to +10 without risk reductions (yes, I tried several times), and I grinded a lot more stuff this time around.
Constant failures. Lots of -2 and -3 failures.
Felt like I had even more trouble grinding 6-9 stars than 10, 11 or 12.
I really hate how grinding is always a matter of getting stuck around +5.
Also got stuck at +8s and +9s for ages and ages, even with +5% and +10%.

So terrible.
I don't know what the hell they did, but the +10% event felt like +0% or worse.
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually working properly.
And that's just the grinding. Affix constantly failing at around 96% is also bullshit.