PDA

View Full Version : How does it make you feel when other players hit on you in PSO2?

SakoHaruo
Sep 9, 2014, 10:57 PM
This should be interesting. o3o

Kondibon
Sep 9, 2014, 11:00 PM
Random people or Giga? 'Cause I make allowances for Giga.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 9, 2014, 11:00 PM
I go straight to tumblr with a new story.

SakoHaruo
Sep 9, 2014, 11:09 PM
Random people or Giga? 'Cause I make allowances for Giga.

Nah, it doesn't count. Giga chan is a whore.

WildarmsRE5
Sep 9, 2014, 11:10 PM
add another choice. Disgusted.

Stealthcmc1974
Can't vote. Never been hit on.

*totes serious face*

Takatsuki
W-Why does everyone want to do lewd things to Taka!? D:!!

NoiseHERO
Sep 9, 2014, 11:11 PM
o.o

o-o icky.

Punisher106
Sep 9, 2014, 11:11 PM
Never had this happen. I think it's because my characters are male, and I avoid b20 like the plague.

BIG OLAF
Sep 9, 2014, 11:12 PM
It's flattering. People who act like it's a bad thing should ease up a little bit. I mean, sure, it's a bit creepy, and the people who do it sincerely probably have "issues" that need to be worked out, but it's all gravy.

Doesn't happen to me as often as it did in PSU, though. Oh man, those were some crazy times back then, let me tell ya. Whole sagas between me and creepos at least biweekly.

EDIT: Oh, you don't believe me (http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/Nassmail2.jpeg)?

All the time.

strikerhunter
Sep 9, 2014, 11:12 PM
Why isn't Awkward listed as a choice D; ...........reminds me of an awkward time way back.................in another game........

SakoHaruo
Sep 9, 2014, 11:13 PM
add another choice. Disgusted.

Nah, you know the consequences of playing as a female character. o3o

NoiseHERO
Sep 9, 2014, 11:16 PM
man this is gonna be a 17 pager minimum

Saelix
Sep 9, 2014, 11:16 PM
Easy to get hit on when you're dressed as a skanque

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 9, 2014, 11:17 PM
I was expecting an option of " I get hit on?"

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 9, 2014, 11:18 PM
Easy to get hit on when you're dressed as a skanque

Victim blaming.
Check your privilege.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 9, 2014, 11:25 PM
I feel good. Then I feel great. Then I go wtf. Then I kinda just sit on my chair and wonder what I'm doing with my life.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 9, 2014, 11:28 PM
I get hit on so much by a person in my team I'm jaded to it. So enh.

Enforcer MKV
What is the approximate feeling behind "o3o"?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Accomplished.

Considering at least 3/4th's of the character population are of course female characters, it means something when a player actually whispers you specifically in the lobby about how your character looks. I'm at 4 responses. Two of them were back when my character looked like this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20131212_042516_058_zpse77930cb.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20131017_151700_020_zps34c9afc1.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Used to use ursula replica back then alot. Smaller bust size complimented the corset. One of the responses was something weird about having kids though... :-? The other was props for making purple lipstick work.

Another two after a salon pass makeover from the one time I've bought premium:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20140629_022250_001_zps4ac04b7f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Damn... I kinda miss ursula replica...

Shinmarizu
Sep 9, 2014, 11:33 PM
Aside from telling En to stop hitting on my character...... Nothing really.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 9, 2014, 11:33 PM
well I hit on good looking characters just because
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBIjSFbHEM

Enforcer MKV
Sep 9, 2014, 11:34 PM
Aside from telling En to stop hitting on my character...... Nothing really.

Oooooh Looooooriiiiiii~♥ ;p

Shinmarizu
Sep 9, 2014, 11:36 PM
Oooooh Looooooriiiiiii~♥ ;p

After a while that becomes background noise. Or a fly I'd swat.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 9, 2014, 11:36 PM
After a while that becomes background noise. Or a fly I'd swat.

Tsun-tsun. -3-

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 9, 2014, 11:38 PM
EDIT: Oh, you don't believe me (http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/Nassmail2.jpeg)?

All the time.

Actually... story time.

Backstory: played draenei female paladin. Got ganked repetitively by one blood elf warlock in hellfire penninsula for a little less than an hour. I was at the level where I didn't have a flying mount and he did, so I was pretty fucked. The camping didn't make me log off... this (http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/29472674-ef17-4a55-adbe-dea67c2eab42_zpsbff0a58a.jpg?t=1410323739) did (sent that when I afked as a ghost). I had a phobia of RP.

Obviously this is WoW, btw.

SakoHaruo
Sep 10, 2014, 12:07 AM
I only hit on people who get shy or extremely homophobic about it (even though they're playing as a female character. The fuck?). Good entertainment. o3o

Of all the characters I have everyone (and I mean everyone!) seems to hit on the same one more than the others. She never dresses like a slut nor does she have the most accessories, and yet she still manages to gets the most attention. :wacko:

I feel good. Then I feel great. Then I go wtf. Then I kinda just sit on my chair and wonder what I'm doing with my life.

Ah, that explains Pink's behavior when she's around me.

Zyrusticae
Sep 10, 2014, 12:16 AM
I always feel happy when it happens, because it really doesn't happen nearly often enough.

Actually, my FFXIV character gets more compliments than any of my PSO2 characters ever did. Well, except maybe for Liza... she's kind of an exception tho.

this (http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/29472674-ef17-4a55-adbe-dea67c2eab42_zpsbff0a58a.jpg?t=1410323739)
GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

*ahem*

My condolences.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 10, 2014, 12:23 AM
GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

*ahem*

My condolences.

I just didn't know how to handle that, so I logged off.

I mean, I played WoW for like 5 years at this point. Wiped to the hardest content the game had to offer for hours until my guild killed it, pvped to 2300 after learning to fight other classes with whatever I was playing at the time, endured honor grinds, bots, douches, terrible players who may have bought leveling services, campers, etc... but I wasn't ready for that!

Edson Drake
Sep 10, 2014, 12:24 AM
Back in PSO I played the Loli Fonewearl because I had no choice. I've had this bloke following me around almost in every game saying that he loved me. Friended me and got into almost every game I played. He played ok and wasn't annoying just weird. Then he just disappeared, and I stopped playing PSO for PSO2.

In PSO2 right at the beginning when I hanged out a lot in B20, I've made some impression on this guy for some reason. Kept whispering me about how my girl looked, it was okay. He used lobby actions on my char, trying to hug/kiss her. Kinda weird but I didn't mind.

Then he started throwing shit at me that seemed like I was getting hit on and seemed he thought I was a girl. Well, if you saw me in real life... the last thing you'd think is that I look like a girl, or speak like one...

Also met a roleplayer. Some "girl" started following me around, after she entered one of my EQ games, she was polite and added me after the run. She started whispering me for help with her char.

I'd help and she'd start kinky talk as in girl-on-girl action with my char. Light stuff, so I carried on. Then one day, she started practically offering herself to me and typing straightout vulgarity on the chat. I asked " are you drunk?" and my GF, which was right beside me burst out laughing. "She", disappeared after some days(probably alt account).

My GF also plays once in a while, she was more active in the past and this guy would constantly hit on her, light stuff so no biggie, it was interesting watching her play with this dude. He never asked a/s/l from her so it's all good.

obsexed
Sep 10, 2014, 12:28 AM
lol feels good brah

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 12:31 AM
I just laugh it off. After what I put up with through FFXIV: ARR everything else feels more tame. xD

yoshiblue
Sep 10, 2014, 12:37 AM
I don't get hit on. So accomplished.

NotRankin
Sep 10, 2014, 12:42 AM
I just laugh it off. After what I put up with through FFXIV: ARR everything else feels more tame. xD

Nobody every hit on my Miqote :C

[SPOILER-BOX]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2911/14690860791_dcf36d6b01_o.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

...Then again she did have a giant axe.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 10, 2014, 12:47 AM

Hasn't happened to me on ffxiv yet, though catgirls grow on trees, so maybe that's why...? Sadly I don't have a picture on hand, and I don't feel like getting one... ah nvm

[SPOILER-BOX]
Loved that quest
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/ffxiv_07252014_214959_zps77b3c120.png
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/b6164fa9-84a9-4382-a3ea-39552e352f0b_zpsba48eb97.png?t=1410327950
I loved my glamour set from shoes to hat honestly...
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/ffxiv_06182014_213522_zpsfc6abe51.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I have far more pictures of elzen faces than my own character though.

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 12:47 AM
Nobody every hit on my Miqote :C

[SPOILER-BOX]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2911/14690860791_dcf36d6b01_o.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

...Then again she did have a giant axe.

My Miqote did a fair bit. However, I had a special response.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Tsukkinatta/1557445_1464870030402552_286704465__zps26430281.jp g~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

I need to get back to it. K'nara's a level 50 MNK/DRG and just begging for me to max out Summoner.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 10, 2014, 12:53 AM
Honestly? Never once happened to me+^_^+ Should add that to poll btw+^_^+

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 10, 2014, 12:56 AM
Honestly? Never once happened to me+^_^+ Should add that to poll btw+^_^+

Hunter must have hit on you at least 10 times by now!

Chik'Tikka
Sep 10, 2014, 01:08 AM
Hunter must have hit on you at least 10 times by now!

Hunter hits on trees+^_^+ hunter don't count+^_^+

Xaeris
Sep 10, 2014, 01:15 AM
It's pretty cool to get a compliment. Once in a blue moon, somebody gets super creepy aggressive, but for the most part, I'm flattered. It's especially amusing when I open up my Good Jobs and see a random compliment sitting there in Japanese.

As for FFXIV, which snuck its way in here, my roegadame gets showered in compliment for being a special snowflake. I'm pretty sure like half my commendations are just for being femroe and not sucking.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/CAJib62.png
[/spoiler-box]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 10, 2014, 01:17 AM
Hunter hits on trees+^_^+ hunter don't count+^_^+

Actually, you're right. Subconciously, I didn't count hunter either in my earlier count :wacko:

As for FFXIV, which snuck its way in here, my roegadame gets showered in compliment for being a special snowflake. I'm pretty sure like half my commendations are just for being femroe and not sucking.
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

I like em. My insecurity around women entire heads taller than me aside, they are appealing in their own ways... especially the admiral.

PS: Look waaaaaay to much like she-hulk with the eye, hair, skin, and lip color. xD

Shirai
Sep 10, 2014, 01:43 AM
I just tell them I'm the opposite gender.
Don't need no man or woman with their nonsense all up in my pixels

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 01:45 AM
tell them I think my character's design is hot enough to fap to too

lol nope I've never ran into anyone who acts like that

edit: offer to pose for pictures for meseta

(pose the character)

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 01:47 AM
It's pretty cool to get a compliment. Once in a blue moon, somebody gets super creepy aggressive, but for the most part, I'm flattered. It's especially amusing when I open up my Good Jobs and see a random compliment sitting there in Japanese.

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]
Nice look!
Rog's were rare as shit on Bry when I was playing most were either Miqote or Lalafel.

NotRankin
Sep 10, 2014, 01:54 AM
My Miqote did a fair bit. However, I had a special response.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Tsukkinatta/1557445_1464870030402552_286704465__zps26430281.jp g~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

I need to get back to it. K'nara's a level 50 MNK/DRG and just begging for me to max out Summoner.
I quit after beating Turn 9. Just a lack of anything else to do, I'll be coming back for the expansion though.

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 01:57 AM
I quit after beating Turn 9. Just a lack of anything else to do, I'll be coming back for the expansion though.

Yeah, when I hit 50 originally with my Monk(mid-feb) there was only turn 1-5 and LotA which was always laggy as hell for end-game content.

NotRankin
Sep 10, 2014, 02:07 AM
Yeah, when I hit 50 originally with my Monk(mid-feb) there was only turn 1-5 and LotA which was always laggy as hell for end-game content.

I remember, been playing since 1.0 <3

IndignationSWF
Sep 10, 2014, 02:16 AM
I remember, been playing since 1.0 <3
I guess I should ask, Were any of the changes to 2.3 actually worth a damn?

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 02:24 AM
In PSO2, I haven't had anyone "hitting on me" per se.
Sometimes people send me GJs saying they like my character or such.

Back in the old days, on games like Ragnarok Online, I always had Brazillians, Thailanders, etcetra immediately asking me if I was a girl, and then following me, demanding I marry them.

When I played Blade and Soul CN, most CN and International players immediately asked me for my real name, gender, location, etc.
Kinda nice that JP people don't seem to drill for personal info.
I asked a JP friend about that, and they said it's because Japan values anonymity more.

NotRankin
Sep 10, 2014, 02:27 AM
I guess I should ask, Were any of the changes to 2.3 actually worth a damn?

Not sure what you mean by this, you mean Hunts? That broke the game :X

Kondibon
Sep 10, 2014, 02:36 AM
Now that I'm awake, my real answer is that no one has hit on me ingame, but I don't mingle with most players anyway. I actually haven't been hit on in a game in a LONG time, not that I'm complaining.

It usually makes me feel powerful though. :wacko:

What is the approximate feeling behind "o3o"?I would assume "Uhhh... ok...?"

In PSO2, I haven't had anyone "hitting on me" per se.
Sometimes people send me GJs saying they like my character or such.

Back in the old days, on games like Ragnarok Online, I always had Brazillians, Thailanders, etcetra immediately asking me if I was a girl, and then following me, demanding I marry them.

When I played Blade and Soul CN, most CN and International players immediately asked me for my real name, gender, location, etc.
Kinda nice that JP people don't seem to drill for personal info.
I asked a JP friend about that, and they said it's because Japan values anonymity more.Man I know that feel. Even assuming people aren't hitting on me I get asked stuff like "Where do you live" or "how old are you" without any context really often in games like Mabi. When I ask why they want to know they just say they like to know. The thing is, I have absolutely no problem telling people things like how old I am, but it kinda tics me off when people just ask out of the blue and it isn't relevant to whatever we're talking about. Don't get me started on things like gender and my specific location though.

Aquanos
Sep 10, 2014, 02:37 AM
It happened to me one time.

Whisper was something like...
"If you're a guy, then i'm gay."

Kondibon
Sep 10, 2014, 02:42 AM

"If you're a guy, then i'm gay."That's better than the usual "OMG UR A G.I.R.L. Y U PLAY FEMALE CHARACTER U HOMO EW GO DIE!"
[HYPERBOLE INTENSIFIES]

starwind75043
Sep 10, 2014, 02:43 AM
Had sea friend before they IP blocked them tell me once most people pick girls cause of customization there just more options to to dress you toon to look nice if you pick a girl.

I do find it funny that people who rep or do that stuff often time are tapping to the creation of a another man. And when you tell they may be doing something a tad homosexual they ADAMANTLY tell you there 100% straight.

Best advice i can give anyone is . Believe every female or male character is played by another guy. You will focus better on the game and you will have better conversations in game with people will be better.

untrustful
Sep 10, 2014, 02:52 AM
I've seen some creepy ishtar, but because of the nature of online, it's hard to tell if the recipient of the compliment(s) and/or the giver of them know each other or not, leaving me wondering if I should be disturbed at times or shrug.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Sep 10, 2014, 02:55 AM
Never had this happen. I think it's because my characters are male. Same here. The closest I've come to that is someone fawning over how adorable Luca is.

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 03:55 AM
The thing is, I have absolutely no problem telling people things like how old I am, but it kinda tics me off when people just ask out of the blue and it isn't relevant to whatever we're talking about. Don't get me started on things like gender and my specific location though.

For me it's more like... I think people want to know those things so they can form expectations and adjust accordingly.
I'd prefer they form expectations based on who I am and how I act, not how they think I should be acting.
I don't want people to treat me worse or better just because I'm a guy or girl.

Humans fuss the most about things we don't have any control over, like when or where we were born, or who/what our parents are. It's damn silly.

Kondibon
Sep 10, 2014, 04:22 AM
For me it's more like... I think people want to know those things so they can form expectations and adjust accordingly.
I'd prefer they form expectations based on who I am and how I act, not how they think I should be acting.
I don't want people to treat me worse or better just because I'm a guy or girl.

Humans fuss the most about things we don't have any control over, like when or where we were born, or who/what our parents are. It's damn silly.Oh, I agree, which is why it bothers me when they just outright ask. If we're having a conversation about something and it comes up though then I won't try and skirt the topic unless the person is being a creeper in otherways.

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 04:25 AM
Tell them to use their imagination.

UnLucky
Sep 10, 2014, 04:36 AM
12/f/cali

Kondibon
Sep 10, 2014, 04:40 AM
Tell them to use their imagination.I do. Either that or I say something vague and unhelpful when they ask if I'm specifically a guy or a girl, like "That's a possibility".

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 04:59 AM
"I'm whatever you want me to be, baby."

Vampy
Sep 10, 2014, 04:59 AM
None of these options fit me I am not straight by any stretch of the imagination but also not a dude.

I hate feeling like I have to play with a male character just so I can play without getting hit on. Usually I am okay with it but I had guys go so far as to try to dig up my personal info my pictures and shit. I never post pictures or anything online because I know there is a risk some creepy guy online will hit on me and take it too far hell one person went as far as to try to track me to my home I was fuck that. At this point I just either lie and say I am a dude or just ignore them until they get tired.

For me it would usually be indifferent other times disturbed how far a guy can go just to get to you.

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 05:18 AM
I've only ever been hit on once.... and it happened in PSO2, from someone I least expected it to come out of.

Keep in mind though - I'm a guy playing a male char. This was a (supposedly) Japanese girl playing on a Dewman Female (whose character was the default Braver Dewmarl).

We were talking in my room just because I felt like ranting... and she makes the offer to take me 'round all the bases (if you know what I mean) within the scope of the game world.

Needless to say... I took the offer, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked or hesistant.

'Course, the ending was pathetic, as I'm an inept bastard at this sort of thing (cut me some slack - it was my first time! I'm terribly inexperienced at this sort of thing!). But it only happened once... and I doubt it'll happen again (any time soon, that is).

NoiseHERO
Sep 10, 2014, 05:32 AM
I've only ever been hit on once.... and it happened in PSO2, from someone I least expected it to come out of.

Keep in mind though - I'm a guy playing a male char. This was a (supposedly) Japanese girl playing on a Dewman Female (whose character was the default Braver Dewmarl).

We were talking in my room just because I felt like ranting... and she makes the offer to take me 'round all the bases (if you know what I mean) within the scope of the game world.

Needless to say... I took the offer, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked or hesistant.

'Course, the ending was pathetic, as I'm an inept bastard at this sort of thing (cut me some slack - it was my first time! I'm terribly inexperienced at this sort of thing!). But it only happened once... and I doubt it'll happen again (any time soon, that is).

/takes deep breath @ admitting to cybersex in publi-

/see's post is by renvault.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 10, 2014, 05:37 AM
Greatest love story ever told.

Thread of the forever.

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 05:45 AM
-snip-

I see you think I'm lying. As usual.

Well, whatever. Think what you want. I know the truth.

Thread of the forever.

So you too, eh? I have no idea why people think I'm such a liar, but... meh, whatever. This is usually what happens whenever I talk about something big like that, and it actually ends up being true.

So yeah, just think whatever you want. Because I know what happened.

You guys are motherfucking jerks. Just saying.

NoiseHERO
Sep 10, 2014, 05:47 AM
I see you think I'm lying. As usual.

Well, whatever. Think what you want. I know the truth.

So you too, eh? I have no idea why people think I'm such a liar, but... meh, whatever. This is usually what happens whenever I talk about something big like that, and it actually ends up being true.

So yeah, just think whatever you want. Because I know what happened.

You guys are motherfucking jerks. Just saying.

lmfao it would be better if you WERE lying. ^_^;;;

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 05:54 AM
lmfao it would be better if you WERE lying. ^_^;;;

Except I'm not. So again, believe what you want - it appears I won't be changing your opinion otherwise.

.... Sometimes I wonder if I'm not justified being an asshole in self-defense. The amount of jerks I get trolling the fuck out of me is disheartening, really.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 10, 2014, 05:57 AM
Jumping to conclusions over ragedrenaline?

http://canindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/06/john-travolta.jpg

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 06:07 AM
Jumping to conclusions over ragedrenaline?

Hey, when you laugh at me like that and come off as if you think I'm talking bullshit (seriously, Rock with his over-the-top LOL use and you editing my post to look like some sarcastic remark about "greatest love story ever told"), how else do you expect me to react?

Sadly, if you guys WERE only playing with me.... then I now feel like an overly ashamed idiot for taking that long to realize such.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 10, 2014, 06:21 AM
Sadly, if you guys WERE only playing with me.... then I now feel like an overly ashamed idiot for taking that long to realize such.

Well, about that...

It's fine, no one's a mind reader.

NoiseHERO
Sep 10, 2014, 06:24 AM
I like raisins in my cookes >-<

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 06:40 AM
I like raisins in my cookes >-<

....Eh? I don't get it.

Macmaxi
Sep 10, 2014, 06:47 AM
One of the advantages of playing only male characters. You will never have to deal with that. I was really close to making a giant waifu, but then remembered i get a ridiculous trauma when playing female characters.

[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5151734/ffxiv_01092014_204225.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 06:50 AM
One of the advantages of playing only male characters. You will never have to deal with that. I was really close to making a giant waifu, but then remembered i get a ridiculous trauma when playing female characters.

[spoiler-box]-snip-[/spoiler-box]

While we're on the subject of FFXIV chars... I hate to inform you that I don't have any screenies of mine right now... but I CAN link his Lodestone profile (if that's not going to piss the mods off)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8121224/

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 06:53 AM
Nah, it doesn't count. Giga chan is a whore.

You people know me ♥

Macmaxi
Sep 10, 2014, 06:57 AM
People tell me the only reason why they play FFXIV is because they can make tiny guys. I kinda feel like they don't belong in any category to be hit on, but whatever people like i guess. Just gotta be careful to not ride the wrong wave or someone calls the FBI on you.

I think my complete lack of emote usage would make me practically invisible even if i played female. Also my type of writing usually gives me away, i have never had a case where someone said "i thought you were a girl".

RadiantLegend
Sep 10, 2014, 07:01 AM
I thought I was special to Vin but I guess I'm just one of many ;_;

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 07:04 AM
People tell me the only reason why they play FFXIV is because they can make tiny guys. I kinda feel like they don't belong in any category to be hit on, but whatever people like i guess. Just gotta be careful to not ride the wrong wave or someone calls the FBI on you.

I think my complete lack of emote usage would make me practically invisible even if i played female. Also my type of writing usually gives me away, i have never had a case where someone said "i thought you were a girl".

That's how it is for me. Although I've had moments where people called my Lalafell cute - the biggest example being when I tanked my first Coil T1 - I had no prior experience and was asking for tips/was watching cutscenes or something, and someone pipes up complaining, then the healer goes "No need to fret over newbie tank, he's geared AND cute" or something.

I took it with a smile and a "thanks", but... for the most part, yeah. I don't make characters to get hit on. I just make whatever I think looks boyishly cool/cute.

Perhaps I hold my childhood more sacred than most people... I dunno, really.

Kondibon
Sep 10, 2014, 07:12 AM
That's how it is for me. Although I've had moments where people called my Lalafell cute - the biggest example being when I tanked my first Coil T1 - I had no prior experience and was asking for tips/was watching cutscenes or something, and someone pipes up complaining, then the healer goes "No need to fret over newbie tank, he's geared AND cute" or something.

I took it with a smile and a "thanks", but... for the most part, yeah. I don't make characters to get hit on. I just make whatever I think looks boyishly cool/cute.

Perhaps I hold my childhood more sacred than most people... I dunno, really.I don't think having your character called cute is being hit on considering you just said you do it intentionally.

Rain Walker
Sep 10, 2014, 07:14 AM
I'll pick o3o o3o/

Renvalt
Sep 10, 2014, 07:18 AM
I don't think having your character called cute is being hit on considering you just said you do it intentionally.

That's why the whole "cyber" deal I had in PSO2 caught me off-guard; it's the last thing I expected ANYONE to do, let alone a (supposedly) Japanese girl.

It took me a while to recover and take up the offer, but the whole thing was one hell of a "guard break+stagger" moment for at least 2 minutes, if not more.

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 07:25 AM
Just name your characters in Japanese, like I do.
Nobody will hit on you.

As long as you don't go to B20, I guess.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 07:27 AM
Any time someone hits on me online (and god, has it happened) I let them think whatever they already think and just draw them on, let them think they're cybering or whatever it is they're trying to do, then about 10 minutes in go "btw I'm a dude and this is so hot." They immediately stop talking every time. Sometimes they log out, sometimes they don't.

It's happened at least a dozen times. It never, ever, ever gets old.

it actually usually is pretty hot though

i have no shame

The_Brimada
Sep 10, 2014, 07:30 AM
I feel only slightly flattered when it happens to my female characters, since it always happens to my female characters in any online game. Now when it happens to my male characters I'm stumped, but more flattered. It has happened at least twice on PSO2. Happened way too often in the original PSO though("women" loved FOmars for some reason)

WildarmsRE5
Sep 10, 2014, 07:39 AM
oh right, I forgot it was different when my Male Character gets hit on.

Arksenth
Sep 10, 2014, 07:47 AM
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

I LOVE THIS SAUSAGE FEST.

I'm prettier than all of you, but I deign to grace you all with my gracefully flirtatious words!

Who's next?!

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 07:57 AM
I saw Conspire once. It was a mechanical experience.

rashoood
Sep 10, 2014, 08:36 AM
haha i really dont know exactly how that makes me feel XD

But for some reason its fun lol

I am a guy playing a female character btw.

DJcooltrainer
Sep 10, 2014, 08:39 AM
I've quit a few teams because people 'flirting' in team chat.

A bunch of dudes pretending to be chicks hitting on each other? 3creepy5me

Hexxy
Sep 10, 2014, 08:51 AM
Play a girl, get hit on, take all their money ???? repeat.

NoiseHERO
Sep 10, 2014, 08:52 AM
Play a girl, get hit on, take all their money ???? repeat.

Actually works, known lot of friends in past that got away with it. <<;;;

After I give them heebeejeebeez look.

Dragon_Knight
Sep 10, 2014, 09:03 AM
I don't get hit on often, maybe because my character is a tall, late 20's ish looking thing with brown hair and virtually no cosmetics to speak of......so basically what no one wants in a waifu.

When I do though I say thanks and tell them I'm a guy, usually that's enough to shoo them off. If they offer gifts or special treatment I tell them I'm a guy first and see if they still keep the offers, obviously few do, most just walk away in silence. In one case though the other person doesn't believe I am a guy, despite my protests and was annoying with that mind set and everything else that came with it, gifts, treatment, ect. and while pestering me and sticking with me on quests, never really crossed a line. He's calmed down a lot since I first met him though, either seeing I won't get with him or realizing maybe what I told him at the start might...just MIGHT be true and simply hopes I forget about it. Mostly we just hang out and do eqs, tacos, and go hunting whatever double saber weapon catches his fancy atm.

Still being hit on in lewd ways starts out with this response from me.

o3o.....Really?!

SilenWhisper
Sep 10, 2014, 09:14 AM
It makes me wonder:
"Why am I going through this?"
"Why am I getting hit on through a video game?"
"Ugh,another retarded/nerd?"

Drifting Fable
Sep 10, 2014, 10:23 AM
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/xX_Lelouch_Xx/Gohan.jpg?t=1288212814

I get passes from both sides of the aisle even when I sport decidedly male outfits like Ethan Repca. Sometimes its just harmless jests, sometimes b20b2lewd4mepowerhour, and sometimes a little bit the rapey side . . . Fortunately, the plights of a Hideyoshihog are easily circumvented with the appropriated amount of velocity applied in the opposite direction of the offending altercation. Preferably towards the nearest responsible adult in the vicinity oxo b.

Gama
Sep 10, 2014, 10:27 AM
I dont feel anything.

but.

If people hit on me i hit on them back to the point they feel unconfortable and leave.

Also.

If your character is female, ill treat you like a female.

If your character is male, ill treat you like a male.

If you character is female and hits on me ill be all shy and oh my stahp and fluffy. and then leave.

If you character is male and hits on me ill feel flatered and fluffly and cuddly and then ill sit on your face.

Girl gamers to some extent use male characters, for the same reasons you use female characters.

To those who said they feel homophobic when hit by i assume same gendered characters.

Open the door, and take a step.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 10, 2014, 10:32 AM
I didn't get hit on because I only played with friends for an hour.

People still managed to flirt what the fuck

redbl0odx
Sep 10, 2014, 10:35 AM
I never get hit on, but then again, I tend to run around in either whatever I like to wear. Or I'll wear entirely joke outfits. Like yesterday I was wearing the knight-gear head thing, with a eggman mask, and a flashing light on my head.

Some people in B20 saw me, I think AzureEdge saw me :P I saw him.

TaigaUC
Sep 10, 2014, 10:42 AM
Actually works, known lot of friends in past that got away with it. <<;;;

I know a lot of girls who do that in real life.

Purrl
Sep 10, 2014, 11:02 AM
Flirting is fun, but the uncomfortable aspect of flirting on a game like this is that the nerd on the other end is going to end up telling you they love you and want to be with you forever within an hour of meeting you. They are also going to want to jerk off to your character in a bikini. I tend to keep to myself and don't talk to or play with many other people to avoid that awkwardness.

It's also been my experience that strangers that hit on me don't really care whether I'm a guy or a girl. Alot of people are perfectly content to pretend I'm the opposite sex regardless if I am or not.

Vintasticvin
Sep 10, 2014, 11:30 AM
When others hit on my Caseal it pleases me because the time I put into her is paying off. Narcissistic opinion aside I usually get shy, blushy, surprised, and flustered why a Caseal in Caseal pretty much coveted up with minimal to no skin exposure be hitted on and have guys falling for het X/////X

I thought I was special to Vin but I guess I'm just one of many ;_;

Ow man.... I totally felt that.

Zyrusticae
Sep 10, 2014, 11:54 AM
People tell me the only reason why they play FFXIV is because they can make tiny guys.
OHOHOHOHOHO!

IT'S LALAFELL TIME BITCHES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6n-Pjx0ATs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCUvx2BExZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGddM6U8Xps

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 11:56 AM
OHOHOHOHOHO!

IT'S LALAFELL TIME BITCHES

?FFXIV? KAWAII AFFECTION - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6n-Pjx0ATs)
?FFXIV? AVERAGE LALAFELL DAY - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCUvx2BExZI)
?FFXIV? BUTT KARTING 4 MILES - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGddM6U8Xps)

http://i.imgur.com/qAStp3f.jpg

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 10, 2014, 12:48 PM
cant do that in pso2

BIG OLAF
Sep 10, 2014, 04:18 PM

"If you're a guy, then i'm gay."

I like the way that guy thinks.

Friyn
Sep 10, 2014, 04:29 PM
I hate it and it makes me feel uncomfortable/annoyed. You could've atleast added proper choices.

Vintasticvin
Sep 10, 2014, 04:35 PM
I hate it and it makes me feel uncomfortable/annoyed. You could've atleast added proper choices.

Shhhh no words.. Just emotions.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 04:41 PM
Without an "aroused" option I cannot in good conscience take this poll seriously. Or accurately vote.

SakoHaruo
Sep 10, 2014, 04:45 PM
Without an "aroused" option I cannot in good conscience take this poll seriously. Or accurately vote.

Just vote "o3o"

It's there for a reason. o3o

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 10, 2014, 04:48 PM
Just vote "o3o"

It's there for a reason. o3o

So alot of people are aroused apparently.

BIG OLAF
Sep 10, 2014, 04:49 PM
I'm definitely not aroused by mouthbreathers, but I do appreciate it. That's why I chose the first option.

Also, emote faces are irritating.

lunaedgar
Sep 10, 2014, 04:52 PM
I trick them into a IP track link and I ddos them for a week

Vintasticvin
Sep 10, 2014, 05:20 PM
I'm definitely not aroused by mouthbreathers, but I do appreciate it. That's why I chose the first option.

Also, emote faces are irritating.

Yeah nothing irritates or creeps me more than seeing :) definitely after he rolled initiative or having something so lewd, so steamy that gets you going and wanting more.

DS23
Sep 11, 2014, 12:15 PM
Eeeeh, depends on the char doing it I suppose.

SammyKiller
Sep 11, 2014, 06:58 PM
o3o

5char

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 11, 2014, 08:11 PM
Flirting is fun, but the uncomfortable aspect of flirting on a game like this is that the nerd on the other end is going to end up telling you they love you and want to be with you forever within an hour of meeting you. They are also going to want to jerk off to your character in a bikini. I tend to keep to myself and don't talk to or play with many other people to avoid that awkwardness.

It's also been my experience that strangers that hit on me don't really care whether I'm a guy or a girl. Alot of people are perfectly content to pretend I'm the opposite sex regardless if I am or not.

so jerkoff Justin with the first paragraph and me with the second paragraph? got it

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2014, 10:03 PM
Yeah nothing irritates or creeps me more than seeing :) definitely after he rolled initiative or having something so lewd, so steamy that gets you going and wanting more.

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Gaston.png

SuKKrl
Sep 12, 2014, 02:03 AM
I definitely remember shooting a certain cast who did that. :p

I'm not sure which option would this fall in though...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 12, 2014, 02:07 AM
http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Gaston.png

Yeah... I don't know either.

Reikoku na kuma
Sep 12, 2014, 06:52 AM
When i USED to play pso2 (cant since DDoS BUUUUUUULLSHIT and no pc to use vpn, I assume u need one), My reiko char got hit on a few times which has kinda hapned too both PSU and PSO2 versions since, i guess, i don't make super skinny fems. mines get the "Ghetto booty" Treatment. lol, Kinda shocked i'm hearing ppl playing FF14: ARR get hit on often. Happned once. Brushed it off. I get mostly the "guys stop and stare at my avi whn i'm afk and when i'm back and move they run" type of thing lol. My ARR char pic on my profile page.

Schubalts
Sep 12, 2014, 08:30 AM
Feels good, because it means they are Cool People.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 12, 2014, 05:25 PM
Feels good, because it means they are Cool People.

Nice dance.

gigawuts
Sep 12, 2014, 05:36 PM
Schubalts is the hero PSO2 deserves.

Xaeris
Sep 12, 2014, 05:56 PM
But not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt her. Because she can take it.

Walkure
Sep 12, 2014, 06:24 PM
I've gotten 3-5 random "So tall..." comments from random strangers, but not really anyone hitting on me.

My FFXIV character mostly gets comments on my name; I managed to fit a silly name into the ingame naming conventions. (profile)
(http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/6705180/)
Also, why does everyone have a cat, but nobody plays Keeper of the Moon?
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/kxnVmCK.png

REPRESENT!

http://i.imgur.com/LLJi5mF.png

http://i.imgur.com/SaDeC76.png

http://i.imgur.com/dAA9jrn.png
[/spoiler-box]

Dragonlily
Sep 12, 2014, 08:05 PM
I've gotten 3-5 random "So tall..." comments from random strangers, but not really anyone hitting on me.

My FFXIV character mostly gets comments on my name; I managed to fit a silly name into the ingame naming conventions. (profile)
[spoiler-box]

REPRESENT!

[/spoiler-box]

You're not the only Keeper of the Moon!
I have an affliction with blue lol.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/3ogpoyU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LCLJdgL.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Sep 12, 2014, 08:09 PM

Hey, I have a Keeper!

...As my retainer.

Can't be helped, you know. I needed the realistic skin tones. Blues and greys don't really do it for me. :-?

Walkure
Sep 12, 2014, 08:12 PM
Hey, I have a Keeper!

...As my retainer.

Can't be helped, you know. I needed the realistic skin tones. Blues and greys don't really do it for me. :-?
So she's a Russian Blue, I don't see the problem here.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 12, 2014, 08:34 PM

[spoiler-box]

REPRESENT!

[/spoiler-box]

I used to, then i went sunseeker for some reason I don't remember. I think it was for the skin tone, and I wanted an aisha clan clan-like character.

Funny thing is, I've only ever seen moonkeepers after I made the switch.

BIG OLAF
Sep 12, 2014, 08:48 PM
Oh man, I love getting the "wow, tall..." and the "that's a HUGE BITCH!" comments. Thanks for reminding me about 'em. :wacko: