PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Direct download of the game?

redbl0odx
Sep 10, 2014, 10:28 AM
Would it benefit anybody really, if I uploaded my copy of the game to MEGA? (or similar site without a size restriction)

I know AIDA (or somebody) has an english installer torrent. But this would be for those people who don't want to do a torrent, and don't want to spend a long time updating an out-of-date client. At least for the time being.

Just asking before I spend a lot of time uploading it.

May0
Sep 10, 2014, 10:50 AM
Would it benefit anybody really, if I uploaded my copy of the game to MEGA? (or similar site without a size restriction)

I know AIDA (or somebody) has an english installer torrent. But this would be for those people who don't want to do a torrent, and don't want to spend a long time updating an out-of-date client. At least for the time being.

Just asking before I spend a lot of time uploading it.

Torrent is just plain better. Even with factoring in update time. Now if you wanted to put together a torrent of the updated client that would be the bee knees. Supposedly the Tweaker uses a torrenting system? It seemed sluggish compared to my personal torrenting software.

Maybe that's just me.

redbl0odx
Sep 10, 2014, 10:53 AM
Well some people just can't torrent. Either because of being on a college campus, or some other weird reason. I can't torrent where I live because of the owners getting caught like 5 times pirating things that even torrenting normal LEGAL files, will get my internet throttled.

DJcooltrainer
Sep 10, 2014, 11:14 AM
I don't think it would be much quicker than just downloading the game from the Japanese servers, the download speeds have always been pretty good for me.

redbl0odx
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM
What about those who are blocked from the site to download it? I mean, can you even download from their official servers without a VPN right now? (If you're on an ISP that can't connect to them normally.)

DJcooltrainer
Sep 10, 2014, 11:29 AM
The game download servers aren't affected by IP blocks on the game server, AFAIK. That's why the tweaker and official launcher don't require a VPN to work.