PDA

View Full Version : what's with all the new darkers looking like theyre straight outa kingdom hearts?

Otokonokotron
Sep 10, 2014, 03:14 PM
not that i'm complaining.

everythings just so.... bouncie and colorful

Shear
Sep 10, 2014, 03:18 PM
They are themed after double meaning they are "hey those look kinda harmleOHMYGAWDGETITOFFGETITOFF", though I think they are kinda weak.

The Walrus
Sep 10, 2014, 03:19 PM
Weak?

Damn son, Bear toy darkers gonna fuck you up if you don't move. Got some Freddie shit goin on here.

Seriously though. Bear toy darkers.

yoshiblue
Sep 10, 2014, 03:19 PM
Swarming you like zombies on SH.

Xaeris
Sep 10, 2014, 03:20 PM
The toy darkers are almost certainly led by [Double], the child pair of darkers that have appeared in a handful of story cutscenes. So, they're whimsy because they belong to what are basically kids.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 03:20 PM
At first I disliked them because it looked like they broke away from the whole "darkers are corrupted alien species we haven't encountered before" lore but then the bear thing turned around and jesus christ they're awesome.

I can easily imagine an alien species looking roughly similar to these things being dolled up with colors during the corruption process.

Because fuck it, why not?

Regarding why they're like this, they're tied to the twin kids falz, named Dark Falz Double.

Sp-24
Sep 10, 2014, 03:33 PM
The new darkers share a toy theme, along with a duality gimmick, since their master is twin children. It's just like how Elder's darkers all look like they are made out of stone slabs, same as their master, and Luther's darkers are yellow chickens modeled after their parrot god. It's a sign of what to expect from the Episode 3's climax, and what will the new raid boss that comes out 2 weeks later look like, since I don't think that we'll see more than a glimpse of the bug Falz when we finally kill the old Apprentice.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 03:34 PM
I really hope one of the toy darker bosses is a carousel.

Vintasticvin
Sep 10, 2014, 03:35 PM
Swarming you like zombies on SH.

Are they that scary in SH?

cheapgunner
Sep 10, 2014, 03:39 PM
Just imagine facing the Falz' version that only shows its cuddly face for the early part of the battle, then whips out a Chucky face and starts sceaming for your demise the next millisecond. The bear one gives me creppy vibes when I see it, especially on SH. >.>

Hexxy
Sep 10, 2014, 03:40 PM

This is more likely.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Furby_picture.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sp-24
Sep 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
Not a darker, but have you seen the Hadouken (or whatever's the name) planet's mini-boss?

Shear
Sep 10, 2014, 03:44 PM
So far I didn't find those darkers too bad, then again I usually stay far away from them or try to kill as fast as possible.
But yeah, my first encounter with the clown/bear like darkers was "aww he looks funn'turns around' Oh fuck get away from me O.o"
Then I died :p

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 03:49 PM
Not a darker, but have you seen the Hadouken (or whatever's the name) planet's mini-boss?

Yes, but he's a wheeliebob, not a carousel.

It'd be more like a vader-style boss with breakable attack horses n shit.

Hexxy
Sep 10, 2014, 03:53 PM
Will the core be a big sad clown riding on the main horse? He honks his nose and attacks you with your own childhood.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 03:54 PM
I can't think of even one reason why not, so sure

cheapgunner
Sep 10, 2014, 04:00 PM
Next set of darkers need to be cuddly looking mini teddy bears that teleport onto your back or feast on your neck, with your character screaming, running in a circle trying to pry the creature loose. Have a really tall, skinng looking one hiding behind corners stalking you and the MPA while calling more Beardas to your location.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 10, 2014, 04:09 PM
The big toy darker that has 2 faces is ridiculous when they come in swarms. Even with automate, I jumped into a huge group of them and they surrounded me and repeatedly gangraped the shit outta me.
My sword didn't even have enough time to block =.=".

Hexxy
Sep 10, 2014, 04:14 PM
Beardaddies are large but they are surprisingly vulnerable to knockdown. Kanran makes -very- short work of them.

TheMagickHat77
Sep 10, 2014, 04:36 PM

Will the core be a big sad clown riding on the main horse? He honks his nose and attacks you with your own childhood.

SEGA SO needs to make this happen. Not only because I wouldn't mind another Vader-style boss, but because the feeling of being trapped in a spinning room full of killer toys and psychopathic clowns would make a hell of a nightmare fueled fight!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 10, 2014, 04:51 PM
Bears are the first, and only darkers I actually feel somewhat threatened by.

How easy they are to stop is one thing, but their sheer relentlessness is the stuff of nightmares.

Aurorra
Sep 10, 2014, 06:03 PM
Maybe they'll do another Madoka collaboration and we'll get Charlotte as a toy darker boss.

EvilMag
Sep 10, 2014, 06:08 PM
Maybe they'll do another Madoka collaboration and we'll get Charlotte as a toy darker boss.

But we already have Charlotte.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/w7piZBY.png[/spoiler-box]

Hrith
Sep 10, 2014, 06:13 PM
Races of darkers come from the Falz incarnations they are associated with; Gettemhart (Hunar, Elder) for aquatic darkers, Apprentice for bug darkers, Luther for avian darkers. Since the new incarnation we are facing is Double - twin kids - toy darkers make sense.

Rakurai
Sep 10, 2014, 09:43 PM
I'm really interested in seeing what Dark Falz Double's combat form and true form will look like.

I get the impression that the next Falz fight (At least that's what I'm assuming the 12 person boss coming in winter is) is going to be Apprentice, though, because I doubt we'd be fighting them after just two episode 3 story quests, and the former has already gotten a lot of exposure in episode 2.

Sayara
Sep 10, 2014, 09:47 PM

Why not a Ferris Wheel?
or...
http://images.wikia.com/epicmickey/images/d/d0/Clock_Tower.jpg

munekun
Sep 10, 2014, 10:37 PM
That would be an extremely good idea.

Pugas87
Sep 11, 2014, 09:49 AM

Add an impenetrable curtain (wizard of oz style) that only opens when he attacks (or you do enough damage so it's always open) and you got yourself a boss.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 12, 2014, 11:31 AM
I was a bit confused on the toy boxes when you realize they have evil bloody jack in the box clowns inside of them. I like the horror aspect of the bears too. They even have a climbing animation for chasing you up on roofs. It's neat.

I do look forward to toy darker bosses.

the_importer_
Sep 12, 2014, 12:13 PM
This is more likely.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Furby_picture.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/kill_it_with_fire.gif

Maenara
Sep 12, 2014, 05:34 PM
The toy darkers are almost certainly led by [Double], the child pair of darkers that have appeared in a handful of story cutscenes. So, they're whimsy because they belong to what are basically kids.

'almost'? It's 100% confirmed.

I'm really interested in seeing what Dark Falz Double's combat form and true form will look like.

I get the impression that the next Falz fight (At least that's what I'm assuming the 12 person boss coming in winter is) is going to be Apprentice, though, because I doubt we'd be fighting them after just two episode 3 story quests, and the former has already gotten a lot of exposure in episode 2.

I'm assuming we're getting MBD4 with toy darkers first.

landman
Sep 12, 2014, 05:38 PM
I don't have a problem with the darkers, but what I don't get is... the kuronians. I can understand the hugey nanoblasted ones, and a giant one, but the rest? how are Fudo Acala and similar shaped monsters working with them? and the ones that look like typical Japanese ghosts? (quite deformed, but the base is still there). They are so out of place that at first I though some of them were darkers instead of kuronians.

Maenara
Sep 12, 2014, 05:41 PM
I don't have a problem with the darkers, but what I don't get is... the kuronians. I can understand the hugey nanoblasted ones, and a giant one, but the rest? how are Fudo Acala and similar shaped monsters working with them? and the ones that look like typical Japanese ghosts? (quite deformed, but the base is still there). They are so out of place that at first I though some of them were darkers instead of kuronians.

Yeah, they're exceedingly bizarre. I bet you anything they aren't even going to try and explain away how they're so weird. It would be easy enough to say 'there's this thing that's mutating them hey look there's something interesting happening lets forget about this whole thing' but I'm sure it'll never get explained.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 12, 2014, 06:20 PM
They're youkai. They're supposed to look like that. The giants are just oni.

landman
Sep 13, 2014, 07:47 AM
But the giants are supposed to be from the same species as the shironians, or very similar, even if they look like Oni now. Meh whatever, feels like playing Dororo all over again. Waiting for a 3-5-9-tails boss in some future areas lol

LonelyGaruga
Sep 13, 2014, 12:14 PM
The shironians look like oni too. Well, besides the girls. But that's par for the course anyway.

Kondibon
Sep 13, 2014, 01:14 PM
It's worth mentioning that unlike most things native to a planet the Kuronians are actually "sided" with darkers and don't fight them. They also attack rappies, and rare bosses like chrome or Cougar.

Yeah, they're exceedingly bizarre. I bet you anything they aren't even going to try and explain away how they're so weird. It would be easy enough to say 'there's this thing that's mutating them hey look there's something interesting happening lets forget about this whole thing' but I'm sure it'll never get explained.I dunno, they explained why the dragons have so many forms and it ended up being a pretty major part of their story, so it probably will be explained, and probably will be important for something.

They're youkai. They're supposed to look like that. The giants are just oni.Yes, but WHY do they look like that? It's less about them looking strange and more about them not looking like actual creatures from the same species. They probably aren't, but I still think it'll come up in the story at some point.

Hysterbia
Sep 13, 2014, 01:16 PM
Need help with captcha, please help!
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMCaptchaImage.php?ses_rec_id=E17xle6JSdJzxQPyW3

Zyrusticae
Sep 13, 2014, 01:27 PM
The shironians look like oni too. Well, besides the girls. But that's par for the course anyway.
The girls, too, look like oni. In fact, the entire Dewman race is patterned after oni (white, blue, and orange skin, plus horns). This girl (https://sd5uva.by3301.livefilestore.com/y2pcu7oKeViZVSkEYezqvrWm9Y_ANH1Ejfh7ASZfi2pzL2YTb4 ceDvOUrgHu9H5wrewZJMg6XL5_4S8_xycUyP5r9XFHu2RHnIUt-_YAA7Gqck/0f08204fd20be0d56b8443954148fab7fb103c75.jpg?psid= 1) is an oni, for example. Oni don't necessarily need to be huge to qualify as oni.

Kondibon
Sep 13, 2014, 01:36 PM
The girls, too, look like oni. In fact, the entire Dewman race is patterned after oni (white, blue, and orange skin, plus horns). This girl (https://sd5uva.by3301.livefilestore.com/y2pcu7oKeViZVSkEYezqvrWm9Y_ANH1Ejfh7ASZfi2pzL2YTb4 ceDvOUrgHu9H5wrewZJMg6XL5_4S8_xycUyP5r9XFHu2RHnIUt-_YAA7Gqck/0f08204fd20be0d56b8443954148fab7fb103c75.jpg?psid= 1) is an oni, for example. Oni don't necessarily need to be huge to qualify as oni.
I think Garuga meant they're like actual folklore oni, whose defining traits are being huge and brutish more than the horns or odd skin colors.

That's not to say the females and Dumen aren't based off Oni though.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 13, 2014, 02:16 PM
Yes, but WHY do they look like that? It's less about them looking strange and more about them not looking like actual creatures from the same species. They probably aren't, but I still think it'll come up in the story at some point.

The shironians compared to the giant kuronians specifically or kuronians as a whole? For the former, I would put it up as simple differences in genetics. If the kuronians and shironians lived separately, they would have different gene pools, and the kuronians could simply just coincidentally, as a whole, have genes that favor larger bodies compared to shironians. If the issue is the kuronians as a whole look radically different from each other, then my answer is that they aren't supposed to be the same species (this might be the case for the shironians too, they might not even be the same species as the giant kuronians).

None of the other enemy categories are all the same species. We've got wolves and giant armadillo/snail hybrids in the same category as mammoths and monkeys. We've got wyverns, humanoid dragons, and traditional western dragons all in the same category. Sea serpents, shark dogs, flower frogs, and crabs, all in the same category. What's wrong with the kuronians? They're all youkai, just like all natives are weird animals, all dragons are...dragons, mechs are all...mechs, etc. There's no reason they can't coexist or work together. They're all part of the same nation, but that nation doesn't have to be just one species.

I knew I should have worded that differently as soon as I posted that...what I should have said was that the female shironians don't look like the male shironians, as opposed to saying they don't look like oni. Female oni tend to be very...human looking, like in the image you show. I just meant the male and female shironians look like completely different species altogether, when they're supposed to be the same species. Which is fair enough, RL has its own weird examples of that, like with anglerfish.

Kondibon
Sep 13, 2014, 03:57 PM
None of the other enemy categories are all the same species. We've got wolves and giant armadillo/snail hybrids in the same category as mammoths and monkeys. We've got wyverns, humanoid dragons, and traditional western dragons all in the same category. Sea serpents, shark dogs, flower frogs, and crabs, all in the same category. What's wrong with the kuronians? They're all youkai, just like all natives are weird animals, all dragons are...dragons, mechs are all...mechs, etc. There's no reason they can't coexist or work together. They're all part of the same nation, but that nation doesn't have to be just one species.
I was just trying to clarify what I thought Landman was trying to say. The way they're designed makes me confused about their sapience though.

SodaJunky
Sep 13, 2014, 04:00 PM
I was cracking up when I first saw them (Them being the Darkers). My mind went straight to DreamDropDistance when I saw the fat bouncy ones.

Sandmind
Sep 13, 2014, 04:14 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]I wouldn't be surprised if the Kuro nation is hiding a fully/partially sealed Falz or the corpse of one.[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
Sep 13, 2014, 05:15 PM

That's also true, it makes no sense that a wolf is going to attack you instead of hunting that tasty monkey, the same with giant crabs surrounded by seashell snails. The only ones that make sense are the dragoni because they are all sapiens, and mechs are mechs. But Kuronians are sapiens too, then, were did those giant fudo acala like monsters come from? are they domesticated bizarre animals? are they a product of whatever science? that's the kind of doubt that they awakened me.

Maybe the fact that they are allied with the darkers is the answer, so they may be an aberration from the profound darkness too.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 13, 2014, 05:57 PM
I was just trying to clarify what I thought Landman was trying to say. The way they're designed makes me confused about their sapience though.

How so? Like, I'm not too sure if some of the dragon mobs are sapient, especially the Dirandal's steeds, but then you have stuff like Digg and their flying variants, Windira, and Baridran (the last one, IIRC, are stated to be enslaved by the more intelligent dragons, right? Kinda immoral but ehhh), but a good number of them clearly are sapient. It gets even more difficult to tell because some of them might be intelligent, but physically unable to talk. That's what I think might be going on with some of the kuronians, like the lightning/wind mobs and the guys made of paper tags. They must be, to some extent, intelligent, because they can use tools and stuff. But they don't speak a word, just make some noises. I think they are all sapient, just not all of them are able to speak. Or they can, but don't.

That's also true, it makes no sense that a wolf is going to attack you instead of hunting that tasty monkey, the same with giant crabs surrounded by seashell snails. The only ones that make sense are the dragoni because they are all sapiens, and mechs are mechs. But Kuronians are sapiens too, then, were did those giant fudo acala like monsters come from? are they domesticated bizarre animals? are they a product of whatever science? that's the kind of doubt that they awakened me.

Maybe the fact that they are allied with the darkers is the answer, so they may be an aberration from the profound darkness too.

As I recall, Klotho says that Naberius natives were peaceful until Elder was sealed into the planet, so the natives probably got tainted by his influence or something. And the oceanids are all created by Luther, aren't they? Probably have an instinct of hostility. As for the kuronians, you're talking about the lightning/wind mobs, right? Pretty sure they're based on Raijin and Fujin. Those guys are deities though. I guess a better way to generalize the kuronians is just Japanese mythology as opposed to youkai specifically...but yeah. They're pretty much a perfect match, Raijin has drums that summon lightning and Fujin carries a bag that contains wind, and so do the mobs.

But yeah, they're simply based on lightning/wind deities. They just look like animals because that's the norm. I don't think their appearance has anything to do with being allied to darkers, though. They really are quite standard for what they are.

Uncle_bob
Sep 13, 2014, 07:19 PM
What's most baffling to me is that none of the Episode 3 enemies are remodels of existing enemies.

How did that happen?

Alenoir
Sep 13, 2014, 08:41 PM
But yeah, they're simply based on lightning/wind deities. They just look like animals because that's the norm.

They actually mixed these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox-Head_and_Horse-Face) into the fuu/raijin, and these were believed to be door guardians for hell in Buddhism. You can actually see the whole Buddhism reference to it because they are sitting on lotus.

Kondibon
Sep 14, 2014, 01:22 AM
How so? Like, I'm not too sure if some of the dragon mobs are sapient, especially the Dirandal's steeds, but then you have stuff like Digg and their flying variants, Windira, and Baridran (the last one, IIRC, are stated to be enslaved by the more intelligent dragons, right? Kinda immoral but ehhh), but a good number of them clearly are sapient. It gets even more difficult to tell because some of them might be intelligent, but physically unable to talk. That's what I think might be going on with some of the kuronians, like the lightning/wind mobs and the guys made of paper tags. They must be, to some extent, intelligent, because they can use tools and stuff. But they don't speak a word, just make some noises. I think they are all sapient, just not all of them are able to speak. Or they can, but don't. I think the dragons have some sort of caste system rather than outright slavery but I guess that's irrelevant.

The reason it confuses me with the Kuronians is that if they're all seperate species why are they all at that level of intelligence. The dragons, while having lots of forms are all technically the same species. They have some sort of spirit/reincarnation thing going on. Which brings me to the Kuronians... what's their reason for being that way? :P

Really I'm just excited for the story to shine some light on it and I doubt that sega would just skip it considering how much they explained with the dragons. I wouldn't be surprised if it IS because of Double though.

Rakurai
Sep 14, 2014, 03:36 AM
What's most baffling to me is that none of the Episode 3 enemies are remodels of existing enemies.

How did that happen?

I'm pretty sure those Amenojakuri or whatever they're called (Those annoying guys who throw those tags at you) are partial Luda Sorceror reskins.

Their death pose is the same, and the motion for their melee attack looks really similar, too.

landman
Sep 14, 2014, 03:45 AM
But yeah, they're simply based on lightning/wind deities. They just look like animals because that's the norm. I don't think their appearance has anything to do with being allied to darkers, though. They really are quite standard for what they are.

Yeah they are based on gods, but the only "gods" we know in this series are Dark Falz and the Great Light, we "are not" fighting in a planet full of "gods", aren't we? unless the planet really is full of all those powerfull and intelligent species and they have all united with dark falz.

xervah
Sep 14, 2014, 05:44 AM
open at your own risk....
[SPOILER-BOX]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10698492_635228296595248_5334962768679026746_n.jpg ?oh=ded7c8be25ead640eb297f4f65cad135&oe=54C803A5&__gda__=1419503389_5736b2905dc1db7d317be5491ce58b5 3
poor rappy... getting kick by iza-ogar :o

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Sep 14, 2014, 06:32 AM
I honestly cracked up the first time I got punted by one of those guys.

Now I've come to utterly loathe them when they show up in groups and/or when bosses are around.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 14, 2014, 12:23 PM
The reason it confuses me with the Kuronians is that if they're all seperate species why are they all at that level of intelligence. The dragons, while having lots of forms are all technically the same species. They have some sort of spirit/reincarnation thing going on. Which brings me to the Kuronians... what's their reason for being that way? :P

Thought it was like Buddhist reincarnation or whichever one it is (never was one to pay attention to particulars in any given religion, I just leave them alone). Not necessarily with karma though, just that a given spirit isn't restricted to particular reincarnations. I certainly can't see them all being the same species. That just isn't how species works.

But the kuronians, their basis is on things that were, generally speaking, all intelligent. I don't see a reason for them to need an explanation on their level of intelligence. They're based on spirits, deities, and other entities that don't defer to natural conventions. They're supernatural, in other words. Some of them lack legs, some of them cannot possibly have naturally evolved, one of them is made of paper tags. It's when dealing with things like these that examining them logically simply does not work, because they were never grounded by logic. They simply are.

There really is no reason for the guys that live in shoes to do that, or the guy that rides in a flaming wheel to do that. Heck, why does that guy have four arms attached to a head? Why does he have a head on his head, which is actually a body? Does he have internal organs at all? There's no reason for the Raijin/Fujin guys not to have legs either. But that's how they are. Because they aren't natural creatures. So if they're said to be intelligent, and they're obviously intelligent to some degree, it's kinda hard to just ask why. Because, why not? They're based on Japanese mythology, and that's what the mythology was like. So really, there's nothing weird going on here.

Really I'm just excited for the story to shine some light on it and I doubt that sega would just skip it considering how much they explained with the dragons. I wouldn't be surprised if it IS because of Double though.

The kuronians allied with the darkers, right? That pretty much requires them to be intelligent enough to understand what that means. So they probably were already intelligent before Double came along. I really think it's just part of the territory.

Yeah they are based on gods, but the only "gods" we know in this series are Dark Falz and the Great Light, we "are not" fighting in a planet full of "gods", aren't we? unless the planet really is full of all those powerfull and intelligent species and they have all united with dark falz.

Being based on a god does not make something a god in that setting. I'm not all that sure the things you name are even gods anyway.

Kondibon
Sep 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
Thought it was like Buddhist reincarnation or whichever one it is (never was one to pay attention to particulars in any given religion, I just leave them alone). Not necessarily with karma though, just that a given spirit isn't restricted to particular reincarnations. I certainly can't see them all being the same species. That just isn't how species works.I guess what I meant is that their bodies are just vesels and it doesn't really matter what they look like because a dragon is a dragon. What I meant by that was that while they're all different creatures they're all part of the same system of reincarnation and there's nothing indicating that a dinian can't become a vol dragon when they're reborn for whatever reason.

But the kuronians, their basis is on things that were, generally speaking, all intelligent. I don't see a reason for them to need an explanation on their level of intelligence. They're based on spirits, deities, and other entities that don't defer to natural conventions. They're supernatural, in other words. Some of them lack legs, some of them cannot possibly have naturally evolved, one of them is made of paper tags. It's when dealing with things like these that examining them logically simply does not work, because they were never grounded by logic. They simply are. There's nothing indicating that they're supernatural anymore than the dragons are despite them both being based of mythological creatures. So no, I do think there's at least going to be some sort of explanation for it.

There really is no reason for the guys that live in shoes to do that, or the guy that rides in a flaming wheel to do that. Heck, why does that guy have four arms attached to a head? Why does he have a head on his head, which is actually a body? Does he have internal organs at all? There's no reason for the Raijin/Fujin guys not to have legs either. But that's how they are. Because they aren't natural creatures. So if they're said to be intelligent, and they're obviously intelligent to some degree, it's kinda hard to just ask why. Because, why not? They're based on Japanese mythology, and that's what the mythology was like. So really, there's nothing weird going on here.Except again, dragons are based off mythology too and they still had an explanation for why they are the way they are. I'm not looking for REALISM here just an explanation. Hell, I'm not even complaining just pointing out that there might be something plot related to how bizarre they all look.

The kuronians allied with the darkers, right? That pretty much requires them to be intelligent enough to understand what that means. So they probably were already intelligent before Double came along. I really think it's just part of the territory.That doesn't mean ALL of them are though. I specifically had the Paji in mind when I said that.

Being based on a god does not make something a god in that setting. I'm not all that sure the things you name are even gods anyway.I know this wasn't directed at me but you realize I can say the same thing about what you said right?

Kilich
Sep 14, 2014, 02:01 PM
Well, how about this?
Shironians don't mutate after Darker attack, because they are protected by their priestess divine blessing, right?

So, why not assume that Kuronians have their own protection in the form of these youkai, artificial, or not? I don't think that Falz would allow them to be on their own, if they didn't.

Kondibon
Sep 14, 2014, 02:12 PM
Just to be clear this is my fault for being stupid.
This is what originally got me talking about the whole thing

Yeah, they're exceedingly bizarre. I bet you anything they aren't even going to try and explain away how they're so weird. It would be easy enough to say 'there's this thing that's mutating them hey look there's something interesting happening lets forget about this whole thing' but I'm sure it'll never get explained.

My point this entire time has been that I think it WILL be explained, and that I think it does have some significance. I'm not asking for headcanon or speculation, and I'm not complaining about the lack of answers right now, doubly so when I can't even read the text anyway. I'm just saying that there probably is something going on and it's not as simple as "They're youkai, they can be whatever" like Garuga is saying.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 14, 2014, 02:48 PM
I don't see an explanation for why the dragons look so remarkably varied, but that's just how they are, isn't it? What's wrong with the kuronians looking the way they do?

Kondibon
Sep 14, 2014, 03:04 PM
I don't see an explanation for why the dragons look so remarkably varied, but that's just how they are, isn't it? What's wrong with the kuronians looking the way they do?The dragons look so varied because their bodies are just vessels, like I said. Their intelligence and sapience isn't tied to their bodies, and thus, it doesn't matter what they look like.

And I never said there's anything wrong with the way the Kuronians look, just that I think it's going to be related to the plot at some point, and isn't just a throw away reference to youkai. I was really hoping my last post would have cleared that up...

LonelyGaruga
Sep 14, 2014, 03:15 PM
I'm not seeing why there should be a plot relation. That's just what I mean. Natives and oceanids are all widely varied in appearance, but have the same basic theme among themselves. Same as the kuronians. But the kuronians are sentient and work together, and that's something that sounds like a plot point? I really don't see why there would or should be an explanation or even why one should be expected.

Kondibon
Sep 14, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm not seeing why there should be a plot relation. That's just what I mean. Natives and oceanids are all widely varied in appearance, but have the same basic theme among themselves. Same as the kuronians. But the kuronians are sentient and work together, and that's something that sounds like a plot point? I really don't see why there would or should be an explanation or even why one should be expected.The natives and oceanids are mostly wild animals. The ones that aren't (in the case of the oceanids) seem to be related to luther's experiments so they have an explanation too, or at least hints at one (we'll probably get more info when the last field comes out).
It's worth mentioning that they outright go out of their way to point out how strange it is that the few oceanids that can talk speak the same language as the ARKS when the dragons have their own language and can only communicate with the ARKS because they've had contact before in the past, and you can't even understand the Shironites at all when you first meet them. There's clearly something up with Vopar too.

With the Kuronites though, the idea of that many sapient creatures showing up on the same planet, let alone getting along long enough to form an alliance is bizarre. I guess it could be argued that some of them are slaves, but why are only the kuronians like that? Why are all the Shironians the Oni type except the only female we've seen? Which brings me to the next part. Small humanish females clearly have some sort of importance to them so I don't see why it wouldn't come up at some point when that part is obviously already part of the plot.

And I don't think there has to be an explanation or that it has to be in depth, just that there probably will be because there's a precedent for things like this to be at least touched on.

Dark Matter
Sep 14, 2014, 03:37 PM
open at your own risk....
[SPOILER-BOX]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10698492_635228296595248_5334962768679026746_n.jpg ?oh=ded7c8be25ead640eb297f4f65cad135&oe=54C803A5&__gda__=1419503389_5736b2905dc1db7d317be5491ce58b5 3
poor rappy... getting kick by iza-ogar :o

[/SPOILER-BOX]

:-(:-(:-(

LonelyGaruga
Sep 14, 2014, 04:07 PM
@Kondibon:
Oceanids can talk? Which ones? The Wopal natives like the ones featured in the Rescue EC? They don't seem to be related to the oceanids. I thought oceanid was just the enemy category. Not that I played story mode. I was under the impression that Wopal itself was artificially created anyway, but that isn't actually confirmed is it?

I'm pretty sure all the kuronians are native to the planet. Certainly seems completely implausible that most/all of them are from separate planets entirely. While it does seem odd that only one race of shironians seems to exist while the kuronians have a very wide variety, and that could be plot related, I can think of exactly one reason for the darkers being involved, and many more other reasons that don't involve them.

Naturally the darker one wins out, giving it some thought...

Well, OK, darkers probably are involved with the kuronians, giving it some thought. The shironians place high importance on their miko, which are the females of their race (well, the one female seen so far). It's pretty easy to tell that they're either highly religious or the miko double as leadership roles. So the kuronians probably simply reject the shironian way of life for their own reasons. Which will probably be explained, which does make it a plot point, yeah.

But yeah, I guess what's confirmed is just this.

Shironians: One race, females are miko, miko are extremely important.
Kuronians: Many races, allied with darkers.

Pretty much that, right? Before I was thinking what was being said was that darkers were responsible for the appearance of the kuronians or otherwise were manipulating them, but if the kuronians are allying with the darkers of their own free will then it is pretty much the same thing as the darkers being involved with them working together and the shironians being all alone, for not doing so.

Kondibon
Sep 14, 2014, 04:37 PM
@Kondibon:
Oceanids can talk? Which ones? The Wopal natives like the ones featured in the Rescue EC? They don't seem to be related to the oceanids. I thought oceanid was just the enemy category. Not that I played story mode. I was under the impression that Wopal itself was artificially created anyway, but that isn't actually confirmed is it? I was just using oceanid as a term for anything native to the planet rather than just the enemy type, sorry for the confusion. In the story there's a specific one you help with echo. She asks why he speaks the same language as the ARKS despite no one even knowing what he is, and his response is that it's the only language he's ever known.

And if you don't mind relatively serious spoilers Yeah, it's confirmed, or at least heavily implied that luther created or modified the planet somehow. You find research notes that are straight up about creating artificial planets there at around the same time Luther is talking about how he used to use the facilities there for experiments that he doesn't care about anymore.

I'm pretty sure all the kuronians are native to the planet. Certainly seems completely implausible that most/all of them are from separate planets entirely. While it does seem odd that only one race of shironians seems to exist while the kuronians have a very wide variety, and that could be plot related, I can think of exactly one reason for the darkers being involved, and many more other reasons that don't involve them.

Naturally the darker one wins out, giving it some thought...

Well, OK, darkers probably are involved with the kuronians, giving it some thought. The shironians place high importance on their miko, which are the females of their race (well, the one female seen so far). It's pretty easy to tell that they're either highly religious or the miko double as leadership roles. So the kuronians probably simply reject the shironian way of life for their own reasons. Which will probably be explained, which does make it a plot point, yeah.

But yeah, I guess what's confirmed is just this.

Shironians: One race, females are miko, miko are extremely important.
Kuronians: Many races, allied with darkers.

Pretty much that, right? Before I was thinking what was being said was that darkers were responsible for the appearance of the kuronians or otherwise were manipulating them, but if the kuronians are allying with the darkers of their own free will then it is pretty much the same thing as the darkers being involved with them working together and the shironians being all alone, for not doing so.Most of this is the kind of stuff I was talking about, yeah. I don't necessarily think there would have to be a "natural" reason for them being that way if there's a reason at all if that's what you thought I was saying.
How much of the darker involvement is just manipulation as apposed to outright corruption has yet to be seen, but I think they were actually having something done to them by the darkers beyond being manipulated then it would have come up (unless it did, since... yaknow... I can't read the story chapter yet. :U ) It might be a little of both. I get the feeling the Shironites and Kuronites had bad blood before the darkers came and falz Double just decided to intentionally make it worse by tipping the scale for whichever side would take their "help". I get the feeling it all has something to do with that black fog as well, but this is going more into speculation which isn't in the spirit of what I was talking so I digress.

Of course it could turn out I'm completely wrong and there's a whole bunch of different Shironites too. so eh. *shrug*

Achelousaurus
Sep 16, 2014, 04:48 AM
Bonta Bearrada (bear) is op.
It always breaks through invincibility like Dark Sarabande frontal auto-parry or Facet Folia general invincibility.

Also, their combo hits so fast and/or briefly stuns you you cannot even dodge away from it most of the time.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 16, 2014, 11:55 AM
They're also very vulnerable to launch and don't combo slash if they whiff. They also just sit there waiting for you to do something and then go through an extended animation as they turn around so you can easily kill them before they even get to attack. And they wait a few seconds after every attack before they resume chasing you again, giving plenty of time to hit them.

You kinda deserve to be beaten up by them if you aren't taking advantage of their flaws.