PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Marathon Training: Vopar

SakoHaruo
Sep 10, 2014, 04:42 PM
Enemy Weakness: Ice/Light

I only ran it twice, feels more GP than TA to me. A1 is pretty straight forword about things, not so sure about A2. I thought you were only suppose to kill darkers (similar to Amd) and ignore all the seabed creatures, but after killing all darkers, there was still two remaining wall switches with a barrier. I tried the same thing with the buttons in the next area and still ended up killing everything to move forward.

So.. is this just Nab 2/Sanctum or are there a few shortcuts/tricks one must learn? :-?

Also, since this TA quest doesn't require any dashing (like.. pretty much none at all) I think more people should be willing to participate in IR events and help the TA community grow. This is your chance TAers. I would suggest that you use this opportunity to your advantage. Bigger community means more content, right?

The Walrus
Sep 10, 2014, 05:00 PM
Kinda boring tbh. Feels super short, just drawn out by vomiting enemies at you.

Z-0
Sep 10, 2014, 05:00 PM
It's just Nab 2/Sanctum, a romp through Coast and Seabed. There is one trick though: Coast's first room can be chain killed much like Naberius 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXSCRgNosfc&t=30s

Apart from that, the four islands have linked spawns. None of them progress to their second spawn until the first spawn of all four islands have been killed (at least, this was the case for the two northern islands when I did duo). North West has 2 spawns, and North East spawns Wolgahda as its third, while South East spawns Decol Malluda as its 3rd.

Area 2 is pretty straightforward and needs no explanation, really.

Also, since this TA quest doesn't require any dashing (like.. pretty much none at all) I think more people should be willing to participate in IR events and help the TA community grow.
Stepping will always be a necessity for TA'ing for the fastest times, even in a quest like this. Moving any distance without the annoying acceleration will always save time, and it mixes well with travel PAs. (will probably need AB LA step in Area 2 in the step switch room)

Maybe it's sad, but it's the truth.

EvilMag
Sep 10, 2014, 05:03 PM
So when doing weekly TAs I guess doing Vopar on normal will be the norm. (heh)

GALEFORCE
Sep 10, 2014, 05:07 PM
It's worse than nab2, since you also gotta run around hitting pointless switches thrown around everywhere. I hope there's some kind of trick to avoid having to kill everything.

UnLucky
Sep 10, 2014, 05:14 PM
It's just Nab 2/Sanctum, a romp through Coast and Seabed. There is one trick though: Coast's first room can be chain killed much like Naberius 2:They must be doing this on purpose. There's no excuse for that to still be there after Nab2.

Seriously, how hard is it to set separate spawn points?

Stepping will always be a necessity for TA'ing for the fastest times, even in a quest like this. Moving any distance without the annoying acceleration will always save time, and it mixes well with travel PAs. (will probably need AB LA step in Area 2 in the step switch room)

So pretty much what I've been saying since they first announced it.

"Finally I won't have to dash since it's faster to just run!"

Nope, you still walk the same speed if you ever use your weapon at any point during the quest. Nothing has changed.

SakoHaruo
Sep 10, 2014, 05:21 PM

I know this is true but I feel since it isn't needed as much on Vapar, people should be more open to running with TAers and eventually becoming apart of the community. I'd say this quest is a step through the door for new players and old players who would like to take part in TA events but always made up excuses. You don't even need to quad/penta/la in A1 until maybe the last part and that one part with the buttons -> big switches -> bosses is only about 20 second (probably way less) of dashing. They could buy the Dual Blades which has all class PAs if manual stepping is an issue.

It's worse than nab2, since you also gotta run around hitting pointless switches thrown around everywhere. I hope there's some kind of trick to avoid having to kill everything.

Force gotcha covered.

Hrith
Sep 10, 2014, 06:09 PM
This could not be further from what they should be doing with time attack missions. It's boring crap, like Naberius II and Dragon Altar.

RubyVixen
Sep 10, 2014, 06:22 PM
Naberius II, Sanctum, and Vopar are like my favorite TAs. I like just murdering tons of dudes.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 06:22 PM
This could not be further from what they should be doing with time attack missions. It's boring crap, like Naberius II and Dragon Altar.

This is literally the most PSO1 content in the entire game. Identical maps, identical layouts, identical monster positions.

Therefor it is amazing.

Xaeris
Sep 10, 2014, 06:27 PM
I prefer the straightforward TAs to the originals, but frankly, if it weren't for TACOs, I'd never step foot in these things to begin with, so maybe I'm not the sort of player they should be pandering to.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 10, 2014, 06:32 PM

Only difference is that Nab II and Dragon Altar's spawns were pretty close, so it was easy to mow on through. Spawns are so scattered in A2, it's ridiculous. They were also pretty clever with the Oceanid/Darker thing, so it's not like you can just expect to drag all enemies to one corner and then beat the everlasting shit out of them when they're already aggroed on each other.

Kinda makes it fun, actually.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 10, 2014, 06:42 PM
I prefer the straightforward TAs to the originals, but frankly, if it weren't for TACOs, I'd never step foot in these things to begin with, so maybe I'm not the sort of player they should be pandering to.

they could be how they were in PSU and be totally fucking worthless due to no rewards at all x)

elryan
Sep 10, 2014, 07:33 PM
After trying, it's more like a weekly Gold+XP farm zone than anything. (Like Sanctum SH)

1x Wolga + Zesh - Ravelle
2x Org Blan - Hans
1x Biol Meduna - Hans + Lubert
1x Decol Malluda - Ravelle + Lubert
1x Luda Sorcerer - Ravelle

Those are the mobs that I can count on-the-go. Haven't done a detailed mob count to warrant more stacked CO clear.

milranduil
Sep 10, 2014, 07:50 PM
This is literally the most PSO1 content in the entire game. Identical maps, identical layouts, identical monster positions.

Therefor it is amazing.

So so so so so much this.

After trying, it's more like a weekly Gold+XP farm zone than anything. (Like Sanctum SH)

1x Wolga + Zesh - Ravelle
2x Org Blan - Hans
1x Biol Meduna - Hans + Lubert
1x Decol Malluda - Ravelle + Lubert
1x Luda Sorcerer - Ravelle

Those are the mobs that I can count on-the-go. Haven't done a detailed mob count to warrant more stacked CO clear.

I'm actually super glad you posted this. Would not have occurred to me otherwise, ty.

Chdata
Sep 10, 2014, 09:21 PM
I don't see what's so bad about spread out mobs ;p

But I play FoTe

milranduil
Sep 10, 2014, 09:28 PM
I don't see what's so bad about spread out mobs ;p

But I play FoTe

I play RA and FO a lot, but playing any melee class, perma spread mobs outside of SH is cancerous to my soul .-.

Sanguine2009
Sep 10, 2014, 09:36 PM

Therefor it is amazing.

this, my only complaint is there is not enough of it

Hrith
Sep 11, 2014, 09:08 AM

Therefore it is amazing.I'm not even sure what you mean >_>

PSO1 was nothing like this - huge empty rooms with five monsters scattered all over the map? Nope.
PSO1 had very high monster density, rooms were rarely big, and the biggest ones were the fullest; PSO2 does the exact opposite.

Remember PSO1 Episode 1 challenge mode? That's what TA should be like in PSO2.

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2014, 09:28 AM
I'm not even sure what you mean >_>

PSO1 was nothing like this - huge empty rooms with five monsters scattered all over the map? Nope.
PSO1 had very high monster density, rooms were rarely big, and the biggest ones were the fullest; PSO2 does the exact opposite.

Remember PSO1 Episode 1 challenge mode? That's what TA should be like in PSO2.

I was being facetious with the last line.

The preset arrangement is what people like about this, and I do like that. It has its drawbacks though, in that you need lots of quests to keep things fresh - and this game stumbles into some of those drawbacks.

With only a few quests like this in PSO2, and having to run the same ones for rewards (instead of getting to pick from like, I dunno, 200 (150?) to hunt any item that drops there, to mix things up), it gets boring fast for a lot of people.

Anyway, this TA does fill the largest rooms with the most enemies as far as I saw. That's a legit complaint in MPAs though, definitely. Larger codes should spawn in large rooms, or even unique codes like random vaders in any large room in any lillipa map or something. Those giant rooms that spawn 5 sparguns and 2 shigno beats just make me cringe.

I never played challenge mode in PSO1 because I never had friends who wanted to. Most of my PSO1 experience was just doing runs.

Z-0
Sep 11, 2014, 09:48 AM
PSO Episode 1 Challenge Mode was a romp through 6 maps each (approximately, some may vary) with random spawns, where you were given set levels and equipment at the start, and had to get through without exhausting your scape dolls and dying without one. The maps themselves were set, also.

It was pretty fun, although Episode 2 Challenge Mode was WAY more fun in my opinion, because what they did with the maps was very clever, as you constantly had to split up, decide who was going where and whatnot. This was very rare in Episode 1 Challenge, 99% of the time you were always together. Spawns were set in Episode 2 as well, which is infinitely more challenging or room for strategy than random spawns.

Should play 2C4 sometime if you want the real PSO1 Challenge Mode experience. Episode 1 has nothing on it, honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lcI5aJmQt0

Random 2C4 video. At the start I stand still so my friend can do a trick in the first room, as Player 2 or 4 moving will spawn recoboxes and cover the switch which opens the Player 4 door. . _.b
If PSO2 has stuff like this, it would be the greatest.

TaigaUC
Sep 11, 2014, 10:19 AM
Haven't tried it yet. Was going to, but stupid EQs kept popping.
But I don't think much of PSO2's Time Attacks in general. They're just too weird.

I guess the Arks GP stuff is closer to what I'd expect from Time Attack.

Rehal
Sep 11, 2014, 10:57 AM
If PSO2 has stuff like this, it would be the greatest.
Too bad you ish going to wait until 1 year later for sega to add another TA quest!
(´・ω・`)

Zorafim
Sep 11, 2014, 12:35 PM
They finally add a water world TA, and it's straightforward? I loved TAs, because they were the only things mentally challenging, which was so much different than the rest of PSO2's gameplay. I've been dying for a vopar one, but... From what I'm hearing, it's not what I wanted at all.

Chdata
Sep 11, 2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah when I tried it for the first time I thought it was pretty boring too, there didn't even seem to be an easter-eggy-alternate-paths-or-fake-outs like in lilipa, nab I, amd.

Kondibon
Sep 11, 2014, 01:02 PM
I loved TAs, because they were the only things mentally challenging,What exactly what mentally challenging about them? All the shortcuts are obtuse and unless you're really meticulous you're more likely to find out about them because of someone else. On top of that you only really have to learn the TAs once. It's not any more mentally challenging than studying for a quiz by memorizing all the answers.

Z-0
Sep 11, 2014, 01:50 PM
They finally add a water world TA, and it's straightforward? I loved TAs, because they were the only things mentally challenging, which was so much different than the rest of PSO2's gameplay. I've been dying for a vopar one, but... From what I'm hearing, it's not what I wanted at all.
Nah, it's a great TA, the switch gimmicks in Area 2 are better than people make it out to be.

It's very anti-solo though, because of the way both areas work. You will want to play with at least one other person unless you want to do 596830596809358609 minutes.

Maenara
Sep 11, 2014, 02:28 PM
It's very anti-solo though, because of the way both areas work. You will want to play with at least one other person unless you want to do 596830596809358609 minutes.

That must be the real reason people hate it then.

Shadowth117
Sep 11, 2014, 02:59 PM
That must be the real reason people hate it then.

Probably. Its a good mission.... with other people. Otherwise its an exorbitant amount of running around for no real reason.

Also, this game has shit for solo content. And by shit, I mean the only actual solo content is the story quests, which are shit by the way aside from story elements, while the rest of the game punishes you severely if you even think of going it alone by giving you less enemies, less exp, and no chances for revival aside from maybe a single a half doll and AC purchase scape dolls if you do get downed which looks incredibly silly if you've played in a party with moons for any amount of time.

I'm not saying this game should be focusing purely on single player content at all, but the sheer lack of it is extremely disconcerting. The lack of 12 person runs and runs with unique objectives outside of EQ's is pretty upsetting as well really. It still sickens me that the mining base missions were referred to as a separate mode of gameplay by the devs and yet they are only playable as emergency quests.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 12, 2014, 11:27 AM
I like it. Cause for maximum effect, you need other people, and there's no risk of "Oops" situations like in Nab 1 or Lilipa, cause the shortcuts there are so arbitrary and stupid.

But everyone has mixed opinions on these, and that's mine.

GALEFORCE
Sep 12, 2014, 11:59 AM
It's pretty fun with four people. Summoning everything at once in the final area is great.

Awfully boring solo though.