PDA

View Full Version : The new EQ

Maenara
Sep 11, 2014, 09:08 AM
How is it? Haven't gotten to try it out.

Figures there would be a topic about the TA but not the EQ.

Kondibon
Sep 11, 2014, 09:15 AM
Spoilering this just incase someone actually decided it would be a good idea to come in the thread when they wanted to try it first...

[SPOILER-BOX]It's pretty straight forward. Emergency Codes spawn around the map, each time you complete a normal one then a code chase starts and the lanterns get corrupted. The wheel guys try to keep them that way and even if you complete the code the lanterns will stay corrupted, but you can hit them to turn them back to normal. The smog won't go away until most of the lanterns are normal.

2 more of the wheel guys spawn each time the chase starts, and During the 3rd Code Chase a code duel with the giant samurai dude starts as well. You get points for each Emergency Code and there's just enough of them to complete it with the last code chase and duel unless some of them get completed while you're in the camp ship or something.

Also, everyone seems to get credit for all the codes regardless of how far they are, so it might be more efficient to split up instead of zerging since the codes spawn in random parts of the map.[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Sep 11, 2014, 09:16 AM
I thought it was pretty interesting the first time around, but it got old for me really fast.

Spoiler boxing as per above.
[spoiler-box]Quick notes:
- It works like a TD in that everyone stands on teleporter to start, you don't need to be in range for kills (and maybe loot).
- Seems to have all of the enemies in Harukotan.
- Random codes like Protection, Attack and Unite can spawn. A code with 3 of the big rolling guys can spawn.
- After a few minutes, there'll be a code where you have to chase rolling guys. A while after that, another one will spawn. Then another.
- First has 2 guys, second has 4 and third has 6 (I think).
- Lanterns turn red, you hit them a few times and they clear up. The poison on the ground seems to go away when 3/4 or more of the lanterns are unlit (unsure of this).
- Friend told me that running on the rooftops prevents poison from damaging you. I never noticed.
- Around the time of the 3rd chase code, Gigul Gunnegam or whatever will spawn.

There are some new (and old) drops from the rolling guys.
11 star Wired Lance, 10 star Dual Blades.
Some ugly Twin Machine Guns.
All are worth almost nothing at the moment.
[/spoiler-box]

I find it kinda boring because the same kind of thing happens every time.
You just wander about until stuff happens or appears, then you whack 'em.

The stupidest thing is even though some of the EQ is designed to allow people to spread out, some Codes won't show you where the objectives are.
Much time wasted with everyone having to search the entire map for Attack enemies.

The Attack enemies also like to sit on the tallest rooftops for a long time, wasting everyone's time.

Maenara
Sep 11, 2014, 09:27 AM
By the way, you guys ought to call 'rolling guys' Kashas, since they are Kashas. Kasha kanji = fire-car.

Z-0
Sep 11, 2014, 09:59 AM
EQ is honestly a waste of time, you're better off playing AQ when it comes up, unless you have Bingo to clear or something.

I find it kinda boring because the same kind of thing happens every time.
You just wander about until stuff happens or appears, then you whack 'em.
Isn't this kind of everything about PSO2 when it comes to MPA'ing? Wonder around map, hit things when they appear.

Kinujou
Sep 11, 2014, 10:10 AM
its basically easter EQ just without static code locations and E.G.G.M.A.N blasting.

TaigaUC
Sep 11, 2014, 10:22 AM
Isn't this kind of everything about PSO2 when it comes to MPA'ing? Wonder around map, hit things when they appear.

Yeah, that's why I don't do MPAs, ha ha ha.
They make me fall asleep. Like I did several times in the new EQ today.
So I went to bed.

By the way, you guys ought to call 'rolling guys' Kashas, since they are Kashas. Kasha kanji = fire-car.

Oh. Nice. I'm always lazy to look at and memorize the enemy names.

Xaelouse
Sep 11, 2014, 10:41 AM
TD kinda spoiled everyone I see

Alenoir
Sep 11, 2014, 11:00 AM
The stupidest thing is even though some of the EQ is designed to allow people to spread out, some Codes won't show you where the objectives are.
Much time wasted with everyone having to search the entire map for Attack enemies.
These codes always happen near an active player though, so you kinda have nothing but them to blame for not even setting up a <et1> at <pos> shortcut word of some sort.

Rien
Sep 11, 2014, 11:02 AM

The Attack enemies also like to sit on the tallest rooftops for a long time, wasting everyone's time.

Especially Joker.

ESPECIALLY JOKER.

TaigaUC
Sep 11, 2014, 11:18 AM
These codes always happen near an active player though, so you kinda have nothing but them to blame for not even setting up a <et1> at <pos> shortcut word of some sort.

The problem is, sometimes when a code appears, you get people who aren't near it saying "CODE AT MY PO1SITION!"

Tip: the codes tend to be near the random solo silent guy on the other side of the map.

IndigoNovember
Sep 11, 2014, 11:47 AM
It's great for toy Darker DOs. Other than that...

Maenara
Sep 11, 2014, 12:00 PM
The problem is, sometimes when a code appears, you get people who aren't near it saying "CODE AT MY PO1SITION!"

Tip: the codes tend to be near the random solo silent guy on the other side of the map.

Protip: Go into options, change autowords to not appear in your chat log. Then, set a shortcut word that says /a <et1> at <pos>!

Kondibon
Sep 11, 2014, 12:02 PM
Protip: Go into options, change autowords to not appear in your chat log. Then, set a shortcut word that says /a <et1> at <pos>!I think he's saying that OTHER people aren't calling them when they find them.

TaigaUC
Sep 11, 2014, 12:08 PM
The problem is other people's autowords or macros are saying they're at the code when they're not.

The codes trigger for everyone, but you can't see the targets unless you're within range.
So when the code appears, anyone with autowords will say the code is at them. When it's not.

Easy solution: make the targets all-map like everything else in the EQ.

Pugas87
Sep 11, 2014, 12:13 PM
The problem is other people's autowords or macros are saying they're at the code when they're not.

The codes trigger for everyone, but you can't see the targets unless you're within range.
So when the code appears, anyone with autowords will say the code is at them. When it's not.

Easy solution: make the targets all-map like everything else in the EQ.

I've always hated this. Is there another shortcut besides <pos>? <pos> is just for your own character's position and messes everyone up when the code triggers for everyone and not just those near the code.

Chdata
Sep 11, 2014, 12:27 PM
Anyone notice how their EQ map layouts are starting to be the same all the time?

It's the same circular pattern where the right side has an extra ring on it.

Rakurai
Sep 11, 2014, 02:57 PM
It saddens me that some idiots still haven't learned that Mr. Powan won't leave as long as nobody attacks him, and they start trying to complete the ET by themselves, which almost invariably results in failure.

SisterPrincess
Sep 11, 2014, 11:27 PM
Why would they even think this kind of EQ is okay? It's a discrimination against GU and melee. I thought he knew how to balance this game?

http://www.komicdn.com/my/2012/pso2/src/1410437451809.jpg

This is an online game, not a fucking Pacman.

It saddens me that some idiots still haven't learned that Mr. Powan won't leave as long as nobody attacks him, and they start trying to complete the ET by themselves, which almost invariably results in failure.

The poison can damage the genie. :(

TaigaUC
Sep 12, 2014, 10:38 AM
The poison can damage Bowan? Haha, wow.

Also, nice image.
I've lost some respect for SGNM, after playing Bouncer. They're just too weird and messy.
But who knows what kind of leash SEGA has around his neck.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 12, 2014, 11:03 AM
It's alright.

I dig the music during Code Chase. I don't dig fighting Gigre-Gundamstyle in close spaces with other giants field goal punting you.

Kondibon
Sep 12, 2014, 11:08 AM
I dig the music during Code Chase.Yeah that's probably the best part about it. I was really kinda hoping Chase codes would become a normal thing but I haven't seen any out of the EQ.

Shinmarizu
Sep 12, 2014, 11:39 AM
I've lost some respect for SGNM, after playing Bouncer. They're just too weird and messy.
But who knows what kind of leash SEGA has around his neck.

I think that leash is on rather tight, and Bouncer was a concept that was cobbled together before Suganuma came on board, and was not allowed to touch. While I am grateful for what he has accomplished, it definitely feels like Bouncer is a hot mess, and he's getting this mess passed to him to fix up.

As with pretty much every other oversight in this game in which the other devs may have simply shrugged and said, 'ok, we've got our money, your turn.'

Back to topic: EQ is ok, it's basically every other 'run and kill everything' EQ but with a gimmick. XP gains are fine, drops are meh.

final_attack
Sep 16, 2014, 10:09 AM
Uh .... might as well ask it here .....

Er ..... is it just me or in this EQ, it's kinda normal to peel off the group, running around the maps alone, spawn mobs, left it alone, and then wait for a boss / Code to appear? Making the group travelling together not getting any spawns (along with no exp / loot) :wacko: Always saw those people in almost every EQ I've done so far (only 1 run is nice).

I wonder if people doesn't know the exp, kills, and drop system are like in TD? Everyone in the map gained the exp and kills ....... items will drop too even if you're far away.

TaigaUC
Sep 16, 2014, 12:22 PM
I find it telling that they only had a scrapped class on offer for Ep3. If SGNM didn't fix it, we'd have gotten nothing?
It's also sad that they needed him to fix it. Like they have nobody else on staff capable of doing anything remotely similar.
I think I already wrote all of this somewhere on this forum though.

Yeah, I think we're supposed to spread out in the new EQ.
It was still super boring the last time I tried. I've just been ignoring it since.

obsexed
Sep 16, 2014, 01:21 PM
new EQ is garbage

Aine
Sep 16, 2014, 01:31 PM
If Bouncer feels cobbled together, that's because it was. They said in an interview that Jet Boots were originally a SATK-based weapon that got scrapped, and then Suganuma suggested bringing it back as a TATK-based weapon.

Then, since they felt that the number of weapon categories was getting large and they wouldn't add any more for a while, this would be their only chance to add Twin Sabers which were popular in earlier games, so Dual Blades were tacked on as Bouncer's second weapon.

That said, I haven't touched JBs and a DB-only build is really fun to play.

GHNeko
Sep 16, 2014, 02:13 PM
new EQ is garbage

pretty much this

fucking hate this eq so much

TaigaUC
Sep 16, 2014, 02:20 PM
Were Twin Blades anything like how Dual Blades play right now?

Z-0
Sep 16, 2014, 02:22 PM
Not really, no. They didn't dance around like they do now.

TaigaUC
Sep 16, 2014, 04:03 PM
Sega adds Dual Blades; makes them shoot 999 blades.

Ugh. I can't wait for this EQ to stop popping all the damn time.

Sizustar
Sep 16, 2014, 04:09 PM
They could have made the rare enemy pop up more often in this EQ, like the Eastser Sky island EQ..

Rakurai
Sep 16, 2014, 06:08 PM
Rare enemies being more common should be a standard thing for EQs.

This one doesn't even have the rare enemy boost PSE effect.