PDA

View Full Version : How to install PS Nova demo using ANY region account

AIDA
Sep 12, 2014, 09:37 PM
There is a (new?) vita exploit that allows you to package install stuff from any region, using any vita/account. This means that you can play the PS Nova demo (NOT PSO2 itself, it does NOT work ;w; ) on any vita with any account. No more JP marketplace reset crap.

Before we start, download the PSNova demo from the PSN store to your computer:

Click here, save it anywhere. (http://ares.dl.playstation.net/cdn/JP0177/PCSG90130_00/SiebZOSsVehJQuaQeGmiTHfzKUZngPDuufBGrRytQFkzrEwLbQ OJJMpPHzXBlHDpZQoiWPnIaOeWqaHSAsWKGCitvpUFEmJSyVQv s.pkg?product=0085&country=jp)

1) Send an e-mail to yourself with this in it AS A LINK:

psgm:open?titleid=NPXS10031

So that you can click it and it will open.

2) Link your e-mail in your vita, and click the link you sent to yourself. This will start the vita's (hidden) package installer.

3) Download QCMA (http://codestation.nekmo.com/qcma/0.3.2/windows/Qcma_setup_0.3.2.exe) and install it WITH your VITA plugged in via USB.

4) Once it's done, drop the PKG file you downloaded into the directory in QCMA's settings (Right Click -> Settings -> Package Folder). After you do this, right click the QCMA icon and hit "Refresh Database". It should say "Added x items to the database".

5) On your vita, in the package installer, select Content Manager Assistant, select the PKG you downloaded, and it'll install PS NOVA. Once it's done, exit it and enjoy~

I've tested it myself, works fine on my US account.

Infiniteque
Sep 12, 2014, 10:01 PM
I'm on it!

Ash1ey
Sep 13, 2014, 07:33 AM
Thank you for this! Something to look forward to after work :3

Pugas87
Sep 13, 2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks AIDA! I've gotten all the way to step 5, but it doesn't appear when I select Content Manager Assistant. It says /package on the top of the package installer so I am currently trying to change my directory folder name to that and see if that will fix it. QCMA is currently refreshing.

[EDIT] that did it for me. Thanks Again!

compil3r
Sep 15, 2014, 12:01 PM
No matter what I do, the database does not get refreshed once the pkg files are copied. I always lose connection to the Vita when clicking on REFRESH, if I restart everything, the pkg files are just not there (on the vita).

I've tried with Windows XP and Windows 8.1, same result...

the_importer_
Sep 16, 2014, 10:50 AM
Wait, you need to use the touch screen for the sub pallets, you can't use a button? Not very practical for a Force who wants to jump and attack with Techs.

compil3r
Sep 18, 2014, 11:35 PM
No matter what I do, the database does not get refreshed once the pkg files are copied. I always lose connection to the Vita when clicking on REFRESH, if I restart everything, the pkg files are just not there (on the vita).

I've tried with Windows XP and Windows 8.1, same result...

Ok I reply to myself. The thing is, first time you install QCMA you MUST open Content Manager on the vita (not the package installer, but the official vita app, icon will start to bounce). Once you enter, choose copy content, the app will create the initial database on the PC (or MAC), and then it will refresh everything.

Now, close content manager, open pkg installer and voila! All works. Tested on MAC OSX 10.9 and Windows XP.

:)

AIDA
Sep 20, 2014, 04:33 AM
Ok I reply to myself. The thing is, first time you install QCMA you MUST open Content Manager on the vita (not the package installer, but the official vita app, icon will start to bounce). Once you enter, choose copy content, the app will create the initial database on the PC (or MAC), and then it will refresh everything.

Now, close content manager, open pkg installer and voila! All works. Tested on MAC OSX 10.9 and Windows XP.

:)

Oooooh, I had no idea. Thanks for the tip!

reaper527
Oct 2, 2014, 03:05 PM
just a heads up for everyone, the reports i'm seeing is that the 3.30 update released this week fixes this bug. if you want to install the ps:nova demo, do it before you download the latest update.

KnightFire
Oct 5, 2014, 04:55 AM
just a heads up for everyone, the reports i'm seeing is that the 3.30 update released this week fixes this bug. if you want to install the ps:nova demo, do it before you download the latest update.

Indeed it does. Package Installer is patched (at least via our method of opening it) with 3.30. Install with 3.18 or under.

Preposterous Rhino
Oct 5, 2014, 09:21 PM
By any chance, can PSO2 be installed this way?!

Edit: Just read that the new firmware breaks this method. Why can't we have nice things?

reaper527
Oct 6, 2014, 10:30 AM
this might be possible again in the future.

http://wololo.net/2014/10/06/skfu-reacts-to-the-release-of-firmware-3-30-confirms-he-can-still-run-the-package-installer/

the details haven't been released yet on how to do it, but SKFU has gotten the package installer working on 3.30.

relevant part FTA:

Last but not least, SKFU confirms that he is still able to run the Package Installer on firmware 3.30, something that nobody else so far has confirmed they could achieve. SKFU adds he also has a way to install pkg files without using the PKG Installer. I’m sure these secrets will stay well hidden until revealing them becomes useful for the scene, but this is really good news.

i wonder if his alternate method that doesn't use the package installer has the same restrictions (aka not being able to install drm'ed packages, such as pso2)

MattKnight
Jan 14, 2015, 07:35 PM
Will this work with DLC too??

The Walrus
Jan 14, 2015, 07:50 PM
Note that this is old and not really a thing anymore