PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Movement Speed Test: B!t$h I think I'm faster than Sonic Edition

SakoHaruo
Sep 13, 2014, 01:01 AM
UD from Ship 2 put together two videos showing pretty much every possible method of travel in PSO2. There's a lot of interesting things here, like, 2step with Dual Blades' shift button is actually faster than normal 4/5step, and once you go beyond a 6step you actually slow down quite a bit (this is most likely due to less use of the step attack, or it could be an issue with how the game handles loading weapons). Keep in mind that while some forms of dashing may be faster than others, that doesn't always mean it's practical, especially when traveling short distances.

You don't need to understand any Japanese to know what is going on in the video.

Part 1
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24455014
Part 2
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24457411

And here's Nicotter for those who do not have a Nico account.

Part 1
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm24455014
Part 2
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm24457411

So you don't have to bother watching the video:

19.42 - triple
18.30 - quad
17.96 - quint
17.73 - hex
18.96 - sept

18.92 - autorun

Dual Blade Shift:
17.96 - double
17.63 - triple
17.23 - quad
17.25 - quint
17.13 - hex

PA once per dash:
16.86 - regen
16.59 - assbuster
16.30 - asagiri
16.30 - dwing

PA spam:
16.69 - regen
15.59 - assbust
15.17 - asagiri
15.53 - dwing1
15.42 - dwing2
14.00 - ilzonde

hoangsea
Sep 13, 2014, 01:38 AM
that guy like Yuda from HnK ? lol

n_n
Sep 13, 2014, 01:57 AM
this is not legit

LonelyGaruga
Sep 13, 2014, 02:28 AM
You keep telling yourself that.

UnLucky
Sep 13, 2014, 02:37 AM
So you don't have to bother watching the video:

19.42 - triple
18.30 - quad
17.96 - quint
17.73 - hex
18.96 - sept

18.92 - autorun

Dual Blade Shift:
17.96 - double
17.63 - triple
17.23 - quad
17.25 - quint
17.13 - hex

PA once per dash:
16.86 - regen
16.59 - assbuster
16.30 - asagiri
16.30 - dwing

PA spam:
16.69 - regen
15.59 - assbust
15.17 - asagiri
15.53 - dwing1
15.42 - dwing2
14.00 - ilzonde

hoangsea
Sep 13, 2014, 02:38 AM
lol at the end ilzonde spam travel the fastest
derp :-?

Rien
Sep 13, 2014, 03:00 AM
that's with 135 pp and an ilzonde charge reduction customization

NoiseHERO
Sep 13, 2014, 03:01 AM
So "tryhard" movement is now as simple as having a crafted tech huh.

UnLucky
Sep 13, 2014, 03:08 AM
Then when you run out of PP, switch to all class Dual Blades and spam Shift

Shadowth117
Sep 13, 2014, 04:11 AM
Ironically, illzonde can be even faster than that if you use the Jet Boots' Rapid Boost ability.

SakuRei
Sep 13, 2014, 05:20 AM
Man... Wonder why do players still bother the dash attack or Ilzonde spam movements in-game when stepping on Ep.03 update, I mean come on, the increased movement speed is enough to travel anywhere in the map and still some are hard headed to still bother multi-dash or Ilzonde. In my point of view, its just making the player to be exhausted by clicking too much on just proving to be the top 1 reaching the end which in fact just a small number difference in seconds.

I dunno, I'm not a multi-dasher or Ilzonde user, but that's my only point of view. I know some can say "Psh! You don't have the ability to do this anyways so gtfo plebian heretic non dash outsider! UHAZNOSAENICABILITIEZ! D:<" but seriously, the increased movement speed is enough anyways...

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 13, 2014, 05:28 AM
During combat/when your weapon is out, your running speed is still slow as a non Ninja Turtle, so it's pretty easy to understand why people would still do it. As it allows combat to movement transitioning to be far more seamless for people who want to actually Time Attack things. I don't care about the dashing anymore myself, but try thinking of it from a different point of view or two. It's not that hard to figure out.

NoiseHERO
Sep 13, 2014, 05:30 AM
literally all you're doin' is spammin' a crafted ilzonde. whether you feel like cutting off 1/4th the time or the placebo effect gives you something to do or not.

The quad/quintiple dashs n shit yeah that was some "really not worth it unless you actually care about time attack, not even the clotho paycheck, just the time attack rankings."

Of course speedhacks way better than anything ever.... and makes the normal game feel like slow motion after using em.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 13, 2014, 09:18 AM
Man... Wonder why do players still bother the dash attack or Ilzonde spam movements in-game when stepping on Ep.03 update, I mean come on, the increased movement speed is enough to travel anywhere in the map and still some are hard headed to still bother multi-dash or Ilzonde. In my point of view, its just making the player to be exhausted by clicking too much on just proving to be the top 1 reaching the end which in fact just a small number difference in seconds.

I dunno, I'm not a multi-dasher or Ilzonde user, but that's my only point of view. I know some can say "Psh! You don't have the ability to do this anyways so gtfo plebian heretic non dash outsider! UHAZNOSAENICABILITIEZ! D:<" but seriously, the increased movement speed is enough anyways...

Only reason people would need to dash in the game is for TA (more specifically, for IR). The videos do prove that both method of travel is negligible in comparison when traveling long-distances (as posted by SEGA, I believe), but it fails to show the times when you'll be stopping to attack in the TA scenario. In that case, the several times when players will need to go through the "acceleration phase" will actually play a significant impact on time, as opposed to dashing which does not deal with an "acceleration phase".

Say what you will about "small number difference in seconds", but I've seen very close matches in IR to where those small differences would have actually mattered.

Z-0
Sep 13, 2014, 09:36 AM
I don't think I'm faster than Sonic, I am faster than Sonic.

Bitch.

Also, the reason why seven step+ is slower than 6- is because there's a huge delay in the middle as LA doesn't refresh fast enough for it to go at full speed. 6 used to be slow during the days when chat shortcuts for weapon/camo change didn't exist.

6 step inputs:

Step + /cmf [camo name] > WS > Jump > Step > Jump > Step + /la wave /mpal# > Step > Jump > Step > Jump > Step

Or similar, it can vary on ping.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 13, 2014, 10:29 AM
Ilzonde da god

elryan
Sep 13, 2014, 11:16 AM
That dual blade dash->shift spam.

http://i.imgur.com/A1dDMDo.jpg

Chdata
Sep 13, 2014, 02:22 PM

Because multi-dashing isn't "tiring" and I use it during combat as part of a very dodge oriented playstyle.

I don't know how I would play melee classes if I couldn't multi-dash to get out of the way of stuff... it'd feel really clunky and gross.

And yeah I'll ilzonde as a FO... that's even less tiring and I do it to be helpful. The faster things get killed, the better for everyone.

Other than that, sometimes I might quad dash just for fun, because it feels fun to execute. A lot of the times I just run too.

someone teach me quint dash

Z-0
Sep 13, 2014, 02:33 PM
The command /mpal# ignores the weapon switch cooldown which normally blocks weapons from switching too fast. Using this, you're able to do two weapon switches in a dash sequence:

Weapon Switch (normally) > Step > Jump (forces WS) > Step with Chat Command* > Step (LA) > Jump (forces WS) > Step > Jump > Step

It's as simple as that -- it's even easier than Quad and isn't tiring on the hands at all.

* Chat Command should read /p /la [LA] /mpal#, where [LA] is a random LA and # is the weapon you want to switch to at the end. /p is added because if you're in whisper, you cannot LA and this makes sure that can't happen just in case.

Zyrusticae
Sep 13, 2014, 02:59 PM
I have no idea how you guys set up your commands do that. I know for a fact that most of this is literally impossible with a controller so...

Chdata
Sep 13, 2014, 03:07 PM
How do people usually input the chat command?

Z-0
Sep 13, 2014, 03:13 PM
On my controller, I removed the quick menu button and made it switch to my intermediary weapon (PP recovery gunslash), and placed the chat command by itself on my L3 button (which was previously change target, which can be fulfilled by the right stick).

I changed the chat command to the plain F Keys in the options too.

This means my actual button presses for penta are as follows (please note my input sequence is different because of high ping, also PS pad):

Select > R2 + L3 > R2 > X > R2 > X > R2 > X > R2 > Square > Repeat
Select = Weapon 4, R2 = Step, L3 = Chat Command, X = Jump, Square = Step Attack

It is pretty simple to do once you get the hang of it, much like attack combos in fighting games.

For US/JP ping it would be (assuming same buttons):

Select > R2 > X > R2 + L3 > R2 > X > R2 > X > R2 > Square > Repeat

Chdata
Sep 13, 2014, 03:28 PM
Well I have razer naga, I suppose I'll come up with something.

I'm really used to doing the LA dash first q.q

SakoHaruo
Sep 13, 2014, 03:51 PM
Guess I can give 6 step another try when I get online. I'm pretty sure I've run out of buttons on my controller already, though. @_@

Or just stick to 4 > 5

Zyn, what software do you use, and PS controller? Good man. o3o

Z-0
Sep 13, 2014, 04:02 PM
I use xpadder for binds.

SakoHaruo
Sep 13, 2014, 04:27 PM
Well then, we use the same thing. My Square has Alt+W for LA, R2 and X is the same as yours. D-pad has 1 - 4 for quick switching, 5 and 6 are set to Select and Start, but that's only if when I need it (I can use the keyboard to switch to those weapons since they usually have a weapon used only for a certain part of the quest. I guess I can remove them and set the command chat, but it always feel weird pressing the Select/Start button during dashing. Also, my analog sticks are in matrix bullet time mode at all times. Needs new controller. >_>

Gonna get online and try this right now. I really didn't care about (or I should say I gave up on) penta dashing because my controller has already reached its capacity and having to forget the old muscle memory and learn a completely new one. basically, twas being lazy.

I could just use the 5step DB you posted in another thread. I already have that one down, but it feels slower than normal quad on my end.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 13, 2014, 04:48 PM
How do people usually input the chat command?

I have a Razer Naga too. I just have it to where F1-F10 is the autoword, and CTRL+F1-F10 is the item/skill palette thing.

It's smooth sailing from there: just bind F1 to the 1 button (or w.e) on the mouse, and configure your first autoword to be "/la (w.e action) /mpal#". This is assuming you're wanting to do mpal penta. I haven't messed with anything further than that.

Of course, using items/skills will be a real pain in the ass initially, but you get used to it.

EDIT:
Just to expand, but I wouldn't bind "CTRL + F1" to the buttons. That would require you to stand still in order for the commands to actually go through, which.. kinda defeats the purpose of dashing.

HIT0SHI
Sep 13, 2014, 05:15 PM
I don't think I'm faster than Sonic, I am faster than Sonic.

Bitch.

:wacko:

Sonic Adventure DX (TAS) - Sonic's Story in 30:12.02 {WR} (http://youtu.be/uJrbxgxOSIs?t=20m11s)

Chdata
Sep 13, 2014, 05:20 PM
I have a Razer Naga too. I just have it to where F1-F10 is the autoword, and CTRL+F1-F10 is the item/skill palette thing.

It's smooth sailing from there: just bind F1 to the 1 button (or w.e) on the mouse, and configure your first autoword to be "/la (w.e action) /mpal#". This is assuming you're wanting to do mpal penta. I haven't messed with anything further than that.

Of course, using items/skills will be a real pain in the ass initially, but you get used to it.

EDIT:
Just to expand, but I wouldn't bind "CTRL + F1" to the buttons. That would require you to stand still in order for the commands to actually go through, which.. kinda defeats the purpose of dashing.

I use my 1 button for dash (binded to mouse4).

I was thinking of trying mousewheel right tilt for the chat command but eeee

My subpalette is on numpad which is 2-12 on my naga. Weapon switching with 1-6. F1-F10 set to autowords without needing ctrl.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 13, 2014, 05:52 PM
I use my 1 button for dash (binded to mouse4).

I was thinking of trying mousewheel right tilt for the chat command but eeee

I tried that. Tilting the wheel really is a hassle. Pressing down seems more natural than wiggling to the sides.

Chdata
Sep 13, 2014, 05:53 PM
Er, what do you use for your dash button?

ReverseSeraf
Sep 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
Er, what do you use for your dash button?

Same as you: I use my 1 button. I kinda have it configured weirdly, but due to me not having a numpad on my laptop, I really can't find any other alternative at the moment.

F1-F10 are my autowords, CTRL+F1-F10 are for my subpalettes, 1-10 is weapon-switching.

The 1 button is for dashing "/la wave /mpal4". 2-10 buttons are CTRL+F2-F10. I really can't have it to where 2-11 are CTRL+F1-F10, or I get confused. CTRL+F1 is for something I don't really need unless necessary, like moons, etc.

Chdata
Sep 13, 2014, 06:07 PM
No I mean, what is your actual dash button. I think on the keyboard it defaults to X. My naga's 1 is set to just perform a step, not the autoword.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 13, 2014, 06:10 PM
No I mean, what is your actual dash button. I think on the keyboard it defaults to X. My naga's 1 is set to just perform a step, not the autoword.

Ah, I have it to where the Spacebar is the dash. Q is to jump.

Control is very Vindictus-y. But that's something I played for 4 years before I moved on to main PSO2, so it just naturally stuck.