PDA

View Full Version : weapon pallet

MRLADYBOY
Sep 13, 2014, 05:32 AM
Hi, anyone know how to assign a weapon pallet number to a mouse/gamepad hot-key? or is this not possible? thanks.

Kondibon
Sep 13, 2014, 05:35 AM
They should be set to the number keys by default iirc.

MRLADYBOY
Sep 13, 2014, 06:08 AM
yeah they are, just wondered if there was an easier way as my arms arent that fast lol

Drifting Fable
Sep 13, 2014, 07:22 AM
There is one way to do it on the game pad side of things, but you'll need a program like Xpadder running in the background to do it. Xpadder essentially allows you to map keyboard keys or macros to a controller's button.

However considering 6 individual weapon slots would take up alot of space on a controler, I use something in Xpadder called a Set Selector. If you've played a game like Devil May Cry(the originals primarily) you may recall holding the lock on button and moving back with attacking to execute an uppercut slash instead of the basic attack. That is essentially a Set Selector: a button you're going to hold down to temporarily change your controller layout.

I personally have RB as my set selector(two-way to be precise). So when I press the B button by itself, I'll just jump normally(which in turn is also mapped to one of my Razer Sabertooth triggers but that's another time). But while holding RB as my set selector, my B button now changes to being mapped to one of my numpad keys for weapon pallet switching. Once I let go of RB, B will change back to the basic jumping. Makes sense?

You can also do this with Subpallets if you're into that kind of thing. The process its slightly more complex due to the fact that PSO2 doesn't have a dedicated shortcut for that kind of thing like how pso2 assigns weapon pallets to the numbpad. Instead you're going to need to make your own shortcuts in game in this time in Chat Settings -> Shortcut words. Enter in the line "/subpalette1" or "/spal1" changing up the numbers accordingly depending on how many sub-pallets you have. This will map your shortcut words to CRTL + F(1~10) and I imagine you can already see how unwieldy this would be in the heat of battle. Fortunately as stated earlier, Xpadder can map keyboard macros to a single button. So the unwieldy CTRL+F1 can simply be mapped to a d-pad button or something.

Hope I helped oxo b.

Pugas87
Sep 13, 2014, 11:19 AM
I assigned weapon switching to my side mouse keys in the options. I believe you can use the mouse scroll also but I hated that.

horseship
Sep 13, 2014, 11:43 AM
In the options you can change them to number keys (above qwerty) or F keys. If you use a gamepad, using F-keys allows you to quick switch with direct chat enabled, if you use that.

I use up, down, and select on my gamepad for quick switching. Each button selects two palettes, the second accessed by a 300ms hold of that button. Very easy to set up in joytokey.

MRLADYBOY
Sep 13, 2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks for all your replies and help. seems there are a few options to try out :D

MRLADYBOY
Sep 13, 2014, 12:21 PM
was thinking about getting this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/UtechSmart-Precision-Programmable-Cartridge-programmable/dp/B00FNKMVUO/ref=sr_1_15?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1410102185&sr=1-15&keywords=gaming+mouse

and just assigning each w pallet number to the side keys. As a GU this will/should take gameplay to the next level.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 13, 2014, 12:48 PM
Set mine to function keys. It's in the options.