PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 with Steam Overlay?

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 06:38 AM
Is there any easy way to integrate Steam Overlay into PSO2? I use the tweaker and i've tried launching the tweaker from Steam but i get no overlay in-game, i have also tried using the PSO2 main exe file(not the launcher) and it still doesn't have the overlay once in-game. I would like to use the overlay because i chat a lot on steam when i'm gaming and i hate alt-tabbing even with windowed fullscreen. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks ^^

Courina
Sep 13, 2014, 07:09 AM
think there's a way to make your pso2.exe launcher without launcher, which if you can chain it with non-steam game launcher, you can get steam overlay. doin this before EP2 but since EP2 they change the method for launching pso2.exe .

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 07:31 AM
I don't really understand what you are saying lol. Can you explain the method please?

landman
Sep 13, 2014, 07:36 AM
Are you using the Tweaker? it works for me, and some months ago it didn't, so I guess Aida changed something and I didn't get the news.

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 07:40 AM
Yes i use the tweaker. As i stated in the original post i have tried launching the tweaker from steam and also the main exe file from steam but do not get the steam overlay.

Gama
Sep 13, 2014, 07:43 AM
go to the steam exe, properties "check run as administrator"

steam overlay will work with the tweaker after you do that.

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 07:45 AM
Steam is already running as administrator

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 07:58 AM
Any other suggestions?

Gama
Sep 13, 2014, 08:47 AM
add the tweaker as a nonsteam game, launch, works fine for me that way.

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 08:56 AM
Already tried that. It launches the tweaker then i click Play PSO2 and when the game launches i have no overlay but still shows in steam that i am playing PSO2

Yden
Sep 13, 2014, 09:14 AM
Already tried that. It launches the tweaker then i click Play PSO2 and when the game launches i have no overlay but still shows in steam that i am playing PSO2

I can't even get it to show that I'm playing PSO2 after launching the game only while in tweaker. Gameguard does some strange shit and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 09:19 AM
I can't even get it to show that I'm playing PSO2 after launching the game only while in tweaker. Gameguard does some strange shit and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

not really sure myself what is going on. Some people can simply add the tweaker and it works even with gameguard. Maybe we can get some more suggestions here.

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 09:36 AM
add the tweaker as a nonsteam game, launch, works fine for me that way.

Where is your tweaker located at on your hard drive?

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 01:09 PM
I've been trying all morning and still can't get the overlay to work :(

doomdragon83
Sep 13, 2014, 01:46 PM
Works just fine for me.

long ago, before the tweaker, I used to have PSO2 added to my game list on Steam and started it that way but I have no need to since I really don't use Steam that much at all. BTW TC, did you start Steam up as an admin? You should always do that, that might be why you can't get it to work. I never though I can have the overlay work with the tweaker because I never tried it until now.

go to the steam exe, properties "check run as administrator"

steam overlay will work with the tweaker after you do that.

...yeah this, but this might be just me but it doesn't run as admin if you have Steam set to run on startup. I had to exit out and then run as admin. In the end I disabled run on startup and run it manually when I want. I must have done something wrong here, I don't know.

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 03:34 PM
Here are the exact steps i take.

1. Right click Steam desktop shortcut > run this program as administrator(steam launches)
2. Add Tweaker as a non-steam game.
3. Click play from newly created game shortcut inside my Steam library.
4. Tweaker opens(shows in Steam i'm playing).
5. Click "Launch PSO2" button from inside the tweaker.
6. Game launches, still shows in Steam that i am playing but no overlay.

If any steps need to be corrected or if i need to do something extra just let me know.

landman
Sep 13, 2014, 05:21 PM
I play in border-less windowed if that is of any help.

doomdragon83
Sep 13, 2014, 05:47 PM
I play in border-less windowed if that is of any help.
I use the virtual fullscreen, and also, my tweaker folder is on my desktop if that's important

undeadcreepshow
Sep 13, 2014, 11:23 PM
Tried Fullscreen, tried Virtual Fullscreen. Still no overlay.

Deidaku
Sep 14, 2014, 01:12 AM
Added tweaker as a shortcut in steam.

works fine for me

undeadcreepshow
Sep 14, 2014, 07:18 AM
Added tweaker as a shortcut in steam.

works fine for me

Apparently you haven't been reading any of this thread lol i already tried that. I even listed all the steps i did 1 by 1. I've tried everything that people here say "works" and still no overlay in-game.

When you say "add as a shorcut" you mean simply add it as a non-steam game correct?

Courina
Sep 15, 2014, 04:35 AM
well, after some dig, found it :

Just found out that under "My Computer" > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables you can set -pso2 as a variable with the value of +0x01e3f1e9. From there, you can get steam to run pso2.exe directly with the +0x33aca2b9 flag. Works for me under Win7 64bit.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention. After setting the system variable, make sure to restart so that windows adds it to its running list of variables.

wonder why nobody use search button or google...?

Misaki Ki
Sep 15, 2014, 09:45 AM
It's a good way to check if it's being blocked at the very least.

Launch PSO2 manually through Steam (No Tweaker), and see if it hooks.

Will_Nonheim
Sep 15, 2014, 07:27 PM
I've got it working since forever ago. I have both the Tweaker and PSO2 as shortcuts on my steam client. ...Steam seems to see me as playing the Tweaker, however, not PSO2. Maybe how my Tweaker's running in the background has to do with it?

I hope this helps at all.

SuKKrl
Sep 16, 2014, 07:35 AM
I've got it working since forever ago. I have both the Tweaker and PSO2 as shortcuts on my steam client. ...Steam seems to see me as playing the Tweaker, however, not PSO2. Maybe how my Tweaker's running in the background has to do with it?

I hope this helps at all.

I got it to work by setting the tweaker exe as the shortcut and then changing the steam shortcut name to PSO2.

DJcooltrainer
Sep 16, 2014, 12:19 PM
+1 for adding the tweaker as a non-steam game, it works just fine for me, virtual full screen and normal full screen both work as well.

Will_Nonheim
Sep 16, 2014, 09:01 PM
I got it to work by setting the tweaker exe as the shortcut and then changing the steam shortcut name to PSO2.

To be fair mine is renamed "Space Harem Simulator 2 : Twerker".

Kouuuu
Oct 2, 2014, 01:02 AM
I got mine working by allowing pso2.exe and tweaker on my firewall and running steam as administrator. Doesn't work on my firend's windows 8 though

Gama
Oct 2, 2014, 04:43 AM
tweaker as non steam game, steam must be running as admin for me for it to work.

works flawlessly

Shinamori
Oct 2, 2014, 06:31 AM
Can you do it without tweaker.