PDA

View Full Version : MPC and PSO2

lunaedgar
Sep 14, 2014, 07:52 PM
So I cant use use Media player classic while playing pso2, one of the applications will crash, any idea what causes this and/or how to fix it...

The Walrus
Sep 14, 2014, 08:02 PM
Gameguard and you can't fix it.

Yden
Sep 14, 2014, 08:33 PM
Sometimes I can get MPC to work if I'm starting playback from a torrent client. Something comes up saying there's a problem with dvd playback and mpc loads up without crashing.

lunaedgar
Sep 14, 2014, 08:51 PM
Gameguard and you can't fix it.

Thanks, long live youtube then hee hee.

Takatsuki
Sep 14, 2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks, long live youtube then hee hee.

Pleb.

wefwq
Sep 14, 2014, 10:07 PM
Use VLC player instead. It works just fine with PSO2.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 14, 2014, 10:15 PM
Why are you using classic instead of the new one?

Takatsuki
Sep 14, 2014, 11:00 PM
Use VLC player instead. It works just fine with PSO2.

VLC is a terrible player. MPC is the only option for true video quality.

UnLucky
Sep 14, 2014, 11:55 PM
VLC uses its own built in codecs, for better or worse.

If a certain file doesn't work properly in your usual player, VLC might solve the issue since it ignores anything else installed or configured on your machine.

But if you actually wanted to get special features or adhere to some kind of standard you are at the mercy of the devs and which version of VLC you're using.

Also it always gives me terrible seeking issues and something else to complain about any time I use it with no option to change it.

Takatsuki
Sep 15, 2014, 01:41 AM
VLC uses its own built in codecs, for better or worse.

If a certain file doesn't work properly in your usual player, VLC might solve the issue since it ignores anything else installed or configured on your machine.

But if you actually wanted to get special features or adhere to some kind of standard you are at the mercy of the devs and which version of VLC you're using.

Also it always gives me terrible seeking issues and something else to complain about any time I use it with no option to change it.

What he said.

Also because it sucks at .ass files and .mkvs.

landman
Sep 15, 2014, 04:55 AM
There is also the option of using... Windows Media Player :wacko: it is already installed in your system, and works!

I hate it when I'm watching something with MPC, launch the game, and after a while, pause the video, and crash!

Lawliet123
Sep 15, 2014, 05:01 AM
I use mphc, idk if it will work for you but open the video skip forwars with the slider, if it crashes repeat again until it doesnt anymore. After that after u finish the video dont close it but minimisize if u plan to watch more videos. Doing this u will not have to deal with opening mpc several times again cuz its pretty annoying. Sometimes it takes a few tries sometimes more, its random. Sorry for any grammatical mistakes, im using my phone.

undead098
Sep 15, 2014, 05:48 PM
i use "potplayer" for mpc alternative....

it has zero problem with gameguard... and play all of my collection (mp4, mkv, avi, and else) nicely...
but for some stylish subs... it is just wont "style" all the sub... maybe need some tweaking.

but at least it is better than vlc "they" said...

DJcooltrainer
Sep 15, 2014, 07:09 PM
I've used VLC for years, I think it's a pretty good alternative to MPC if you're looking for a light-weight media player that doesn't crash with gameguard games.

I play files in just about every format out there without issues.

Are you using a 64-bit operating system? I know back in the day 64-bit version MPC wouldn't cause issues in other games using Gameguard, and the compatibility was just fine.