PDA

View Full Version : Your most EPIC fails?

Achelousaurus
Sep 16, 2014, 04:37 AM
1)yesterday I taco'd with indescribably slow people.
I am not fast, I need 50-60 minutes normally, but we ended up needing over 2 hours.
So I was super tired and was just gonna put 2 items into my shop before I went to bed. Took out my Terukuu (after frigging 4 scratch draws I only got 1 of it) and put it back for the convenience of the "check price" option.
Luckily, only one was left for 8.5 and the rest was over 14, so I decided to go with a little less than the other 14+ mil people.
I logged out and when I relogged not 2 minutes later cause I had forgotten something else and checked my shop out of habit, it was sold.
but the price was off, 1.380 mil.
I was so tired I had forgotten a 0.
Fail.
R.I.P.
GG.
FML.

2)for about 3 months I thought you cannot dodge during lock-on because of a design flaw in every single analog trigger pc gamepad ever.
I casually mentioned this to someone after using a M$ PC/360 gamepad for a couple of months and was shocked to find out my brand new 50 euro gamepad was FUBAR by design.

No idea how, why or wtf is going on, but they ALL have the analog triggers run off the same axis and pressing both negates both inputs, so nothing happens.

3) staying up until almost 3 am for daily tacos, then realizing I forgot to get the cos cause it was like 1 min till cd and then people were getting super impatient.

wefwq
Sep 16, 2014, 04:48 AM
I accidentally desynth one of my fully grinded and affixed bullet bow when crafting system just implemented to the game.

Helvetica Standard
Sep 16, 2014, 05:30 AM
I collected 10 d caps to run Urban SHAQ in order to hunt for Cosmos Breaker 16. I happened to run out of d caps to hunt another ranger PA on tunnels (Sat Can-chan) so getting those d caps again was true hell (specially considering the "randomised my ass" droprate of the caps.)
It turns out that I picked the wrong AQ and went into tunnels again..I realised that when I was halfway through the quest. I even had nightmares about it.. And now my cosmo cosmo will remain pretty at puny lvl 1. *cries*

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 16, 2014, 05:33 AM
Breaking all of Falz Elders arms.

Dnd
Sep 16, 2014, 07:32 AM
thinking that everytime i pop limit break iron will will proc 75% of the time incase i make a mistake...

milranduil
Sep 16, 2014, 07:59 AM
thinking that everytime i pop limit break iron will will proc 75% of the time incase i make a mistake...

Just think of it this way. Every time it doesn't proc, someone else on the server failed a 75%+ affix :D

To add to the fun stories, a friend of mine was 4s'ing his XQ units the 10% boost week before last and accidentally affixed Spirita Boost (worth ~5mil at the time) to his fodder instead of to his XQ unit. He was not pleased lol...

Natsu Nem
Sep 16, 2014, 08:24 AM
Back then when AQs first came out, I saved up my money and bought a 20% affix booster then found out I bought a 20% grind booster by accident.

It still failed.

Maenara
Sep 16, 2014, 08:36 AM
•I accidentally converted a Gloam Symbol into 1/5 of a photon sphere.
•I found only a few of a specific costume on the Visiphone, and for cheap, and I figured I could buy the remaining up and resell them for higher. Ended up losing 50% of that investment.
•My first mag has 73 T-atk, 50 Dex, and 33 S-atk. Nobody taught me about mags ;_;

IndignationSWF
Sep 16, 2014, 08:43 AM
Got frustrated during a Falz run with a particularly bad team(no res, no buffs, no support, no hope), got a rare bow, and accidentally broke it down in my room due to my frustrated negligence. I haven't seen it since.

In terms of worst screw up. I went to heal my party since our force was preoccupied being agg'd by Blu Ringahda only to find out that I accidentally switched my selected spell to Nemegid(fucking spazzy 360 Pad), and we got wiped by it's double darknado. First time having to Clutch Heal as BO and I fucked it up.

SakoHaruo
Sep 16, 2014, 08:59 AM
Believing that I could best JP in this lag.

Punisher106
Sep 16, 2014, 09:19 AM
I went XQing with a few people. 10 floors. We only cleared 3 stage orders. The party kept dying, and one time we even wiped. I used a halfdoll and mooned their asses, and half the time, they wouldn't do the same for me when I wold faceroll, which was far less often than them.

By the way, we cleared those orders mainly because of me.

Z-0
Sep 16, 2014, 09:26 AM
We were TA'ing Amduscia and all I had to do was setup a Banish / Nemesis combo on Vol and it would've been 4:55.

I missed. D:

Walkure
Sep 16, 2014, 09:37 AM
Doing XQs in team runs for the weekly while drunk, used Limit Break in response to "Do not get hit more than once" floor and proceeded to walk directly into Cyclonedha during his startup animation.

:beer:

Quattrochi
Sep 16, 2014, 09:59 AM
I was doing SH Shironia with a friend, and a Code Attack spawned with a group of about 7ish Bear darkers. I used Zan point-blank.

...hey, t-to be fair, I hadn't actually fought that many before...

rashoood
Sep 16, 2014, 10:33 AM
exchanging my affixed fully grinded ten star weapon for an excube by mistake T_T

Ciel~Homura
Sep 16, 2014, 11:16 AM
I cried every time.
I don't know why it exits.

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/G9sTLJw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eqIuFGO.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

the_importer_
Sep 16, 2014, 11:32 AM
First time using the user shop, thinking that the price for 99 Trimates was 1050 and ended up paying that price for just 1 :(

Natsu Nem
Sep 16, 2014, 12:08 PM
I remember this perfectly.

Well, something amazing happened.

I got stuck with the reject 7/12 TD on my FO/BR. Waiting at the teleporter, I looked over the mpa composition. It didn't look bright. I was the only one with Zondeeling capabilities. Wave 1 begins and I do my usual course of actions. After sniping off the stragglers, the scoreboard came up. I ended up scoring in the mid 500s. I shrugged it off and readied myself for the second wave. The second wave comes and pass and I ended up scoring in the high 500s. "Aw fuck..." I was thinking in my mind. The mpa was being carried hard by me. I had absolutely no clue wtf the other guys were doing. I should not be doing the most damage and scoring, and photon crystal intake was nonexistent. Wave 3 comes and the towers took a lot of damage since I can't be at three places at once. Wave 4 comes and I ended up killing everything as usual. I checked to confirm if I'm really soloing TD. It was still 7/12, still feels like I'm soloing. Wave 5 showed up and purple tower went down while I dealt with green spawns. I dashed over to blue ignoring the mobs at the destroyed purple tower and started dealing with Ragne and its adds. Blue tower ended up going down due to stray adds and Ragne's aoe. The mpa continued to fixate on Ragne at the Blue tower's husk while I scanned the map. A big group had spawned close to the 15% green tower and I Asigiri dashed over from blue to green in response. Approaching the tower, I made the choice to use my only burst barrier to buy enough time for the mpa to notice.

[SPOILER]I went to the console hoping to activate the burst barrier in time but I got yanked away a Goldra's Zondeel. Realizing this, I tried to Asigiri out of the Zondeel but I was a few pp short. The tower ended up falling resulting in quest failure.

Zondeeled away from the tower by a Goldrahda.
NOW THATS IRONY[/SPOILER-BOX]

SakuRei
Sep 16, 2014, 12:14 PM
Guess I'll try to remember mine while making this...

1.) While starting to play PSO2 back at 2012, I never knew the english players were are Ship:02 Ur, I managed to know the ways on how to survive in-game alone at Ship:01 Feoh, reached around lvl 45 and got Sega Error 816 out of notice maybe because I accidentally partied or went to a field with a hacker in it or something. Didn't play PSO2 for 2 days trying to know how I got banned. Then I looked up in some english guides and I found out by that time that english players were at Ship: 02. (Long time fail of mine.)

2.) I moved at Ship:02 to start a new life, when suddenly I tried upgrading most of my equipments, since I'm a former player of other MMORPG games where certain upgrades can lead your equipments to be broken/erased due to certain risks. And I believed that most equipments that shows the "Danger" probability in Dudu's upgradings I tend to never take the risk until I found out that your weapons don't break in PSO2.

3.) I wasted my time farming meseta saving up for a 1m costume (that somewhere took me half a month?) via free fields and ARKS Quest, until some players introduced me how to play TA's or TACOs and realized how much time I wasted on saving up that 1m meseta.

4.) Tried to make my MAG to evolve in a form that I wanted and a photon blast I wanted and found out that you can do a pure mag stat and change its appearance and photon blast ability. (Basically, my MAG stat is screwed up so...) Worst part of that is I still don't load AC in my whole PSO2 life, up til now I still haven't loaded up AC yet.

5.) Thought that Dark Falz Arms is just a one time single run and some players said to me that you can do Falz Arms EQ multiple times during its period.

6.) Went into a boss run and died along in the boss and waited for Afin, Zeno, & Echo (NPC's) around 10~15 minutes as I remember for them to revive me which in result that they just die whenever they are hit by the boss.

7.) Probably my last fail as I remember, tried to affix for the first time and I got a Susano Guren weapon, affixed it with the stats I want but only the soul got the success rate, due to frustration, I exchanged the Susano Guren into an Excube, then after a couple of days, I realized that I made a regretful decision.

Guess... That's as far as I can remember.

--Edited--

Ah, I remember another one which why I quit using a fighter class...

8.) I tend to use both Wise and Brave stance in reverse due to unknown reasons... Whenever I use Wise Stance, most of the time I hit enemies on the front, while using Brave Stance, I most of the time hit enemies in the back due to I have no idea why... But it happens...

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 16, 2014, 12:49 PM
Aw mannn....

My biggest FAIL... is accidentally selling a fully grinded and 5-slotted (mizer/shoot3/ability3/spirita3/shooting boost) Guld Milla for 3.5 million when really, I wanted to sell it for 35 mill... this was a while back ago.

OUCH!!!!!!

Needless to say, I cried that night....

and I died inside....

ever since then... I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror....

Takatsuki
Sep 16, 2014, 01:09 PM
I made a lot of bad decisions early on during the closed/open beta and early full release, especially since I had never played a PSO game before...

1. Made a "balanced" mag, which included around 15-20 in each DEF, 2 random R-ATK and then a bunch of S-ATK and DEX. I've gotten better mags since then.

2. Through the entire closed beta, I didn't know that client orders, the matter board, skill trees, mags or even the shop area itself even existed.

3. Paid like 300k for a voice ticket (which was a lot at the time since TACOs didn't exist yet) only to realize that I couldn't use it since it was for fleshies and I was a Cast.

4. Bought a Lambda Patty Lumeria for like 700k when they first came out (it was the best thing I could equip due to my gimped mag) then only weeks later, took a several month hiatus from the game. Came back to find that my weapon was now worth 1k.

5. Bought a 6* partisan prior to that, grinded it to +10, put Vol Soul and Power III on it... only to realize that I didn't have enough S-ATK to equip it (again, due to the gimped mag).

6. More recently, picked up an 11* Knuckle and grinded and affixed it, only to find that I didn't have enough DEX to equip it due to my newer pure S-ATK Mag. Wasn't able to equip it till the last level cap raise.

7. Most recently, I thought I had stumbled on a fantastic get-rich-quick scheme. Upon searching the market to see how much some of my stored up items were worth, I noticed that the Rappy Sack talis camo was worth a hell of a lot of meseta, for the most part. The majority of them were 2 million and higher, and there were 4 others that were in the 200-500k range on the shop. I had three of my own. So I decided to buy all 4 of the lower priced ones, then flip them, plus my own three, for 2 million each. I giggled at how clever I was, then promptly went to bed. I woke up the next day, to find that not one of them sold. I checked the shop and now there were dozens of them on the shop. Some at 700k. So I panicked. I thought "well it'll go back up, right? once these get sold... right?" Nope. Down they went. 500k, 200k, 100k. My stunt didn't make me any money at all, in fact I caused the entire Rappy Sack market to crash. A few weeks later, I tried to sell them again, but they were going for around 250k with no sign off raising any more. I swallowed my pride and sold all 7 of them for around 200k, at a severe loss.

Z-0
Sep 16, 2014, 01:16 PM
If you ever flip items, never put up more than one of them, otherwise you'll keep the price static as it won't go up when someone buys one of yours. Of course, in this case, it wouldn't have worked anyway most likely, but remember that.

Pugas87
Sep 16, 2014, 01:26 PM
I bought PSO2 for the vita. Can't use it anymore.

GHNeko
Sep 16, 2014, 02:02 PM
when i woke up today this morning and found out i wasnt dead

damn

Gardios
Sep 16, 2014, 02:13 PM
Leveling to the 40 cap back then as a FO without using any SP seems like a big fail.

I miss rod whacking.

isCasted
Sep 16, 2014, 04:33 PM
1) Dying during tutorial mission.
2) Buying Tropical Straw Hat for 4 million with desire to resell it later. Then it drops to 1 mil.

NotRankin
Sep 16, 2014, 04:47 PM
Comp crashed last night when exp for Angel showed up.

silo1991
Sep 16, 2014, 05:07 PM
lets see :
1 fail 3 weak bullets in falz arms round (i had a hard time because of my fail)
2 rolling toward a mortal attacks from many bosses
3 wasted so many D capsules for getting large stones without boosts

RadiantLegend
Sep 16, 2014, 06:26 PM
My fails are on a daily basis. Always forgetting to accept my TACO, DO, you name it.
NPC'ed VHAQ stones thinking SHAQ would have newer stones, well I was right and wrong. They added more stones!!
I have a 70% fail rate of soloing rare bosses. I always panic....always.

milranduil
Sep 16, 2014, 10:16 PM
My fails are on a daily basis. Always forgetting to accept my TACO, DO, you name it.
NPC'ed VHAQ stones thinking SHAQ would have newer stones, well I was right and wrong. They added more stones!!
I have a 70% fail rate of soloing rare bosses. I always panic....always.

Perhaps you should put panic on your weps then so that the boss can be panic'd instead (if applicable) :wacko:

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 16, 2014, 10:21 PM
Feed an expensive hair style ticket to my mag....

Sanguine2009
Sep 16, 2014, 10:24 PM

i was not aware you could even do that, my condolences.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 16, 2014, 10:31 PM

That's a thing?!

RealKillaK
Sep 17, 2014, 12:58 AM
1.Turned my Falkus into a 11* pass Rip meseta.
2.Ran for a excube during IR (still won so +1).
3.Affixed final affix on 5s units without 30% because i forgot it.
4.Forgot to get Partizan Gear on HU for months had to TA without it.
5.Playing TA with a 110 Mag like a boss (i always forgot to level it).
6.Spending 30mil grinding from +20->+30 (because i dont know how to quit).
So many more as well ._.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 17, 2014, 01:06 AM
Thinking I can do things in lag.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 17, 2014, 04:28 AM
All party mate got KO'd, tried to use Moon Atomizer, accidentally used Star Atomizer.Then suddenly got whacked by boss and died. Everyone died. GG

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 17, 2014, 02:45 PM
finding out that i forgot to leave out 10 sp for automate halfline in the recent skill tree reset pass distribution, thank god i had 2, but wasting one still REALLY fucking hurts.

Skyly
Sep 18, 2014, 02:01 AM
Hmmm..
1. Up until a few months ago I used to vendor ALL my units and I've been playing off and on since open beta.. (Millions meseta down the drain)

2. I was making Quartz Soul/Spirita III/x/x fodder and I once forgot to add the Quartz Soul.. (1M down the drain)

3. I was playing XQs the other day solely for trying to get the new Bio DBs and I choose fragments, grinders and White Tail and evidently forgot the 11 star unit that dropped :( !!!

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 18, 2014, 04:06 AM
All party mate got KO'd, tried to use Moon Atomizer, accidentally used Star Atomizer.Then suddenly got whacked by boss and died. Everyone died. GG

I done that too haha but instead i used a shifta potion lol.

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 18, 2014, 04:09 AM
i was not aware you could even do that, my condolences.

hmmm thank you! but neither did I, i tried to feed a ticket to my mag but it wouldn't allow it, i'm sure i feed it a hairstyle or voice ticket, well all i knew it was really expensive and i was kickn myself.

Vetur
Sep 18, 2014, 11:50 AM
Any time you decide to do a difficult or time-consuming CO that you had to spend a lot of time finding a party for, and you do it... but then once you've finished and everyone leaves, you realize you never took the CO in the first place. o_o;

Ana-Chan
Sep 20, 2014, 04:01 AM
I think the most amusing one I had. Playing as a force doing a desert run I had a random gwanada encounter. After hitting it with a light tech, I was watching how it managed to suck up and start munching a dagan. So I stopped to take a screenshot of it, and it promptly spat the dagan out at me and killed me in one hit. I remember it causing over 1000 damage.

LotusFX
Sep 25, 2014, 07:57 AM
Was kind of bored and wanted to make a katana exclusively for dragons. Made the ingredients on the fodders to avail abilities 3 in the end. Just noticed in the end I didn't have space for it since I was planning to affix poison. So waste.
Next... this happened.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/YxCjgRl.png

I guess it's just me being tired.[/SPOILER-BOX]

;w;

Achelousaurus
Sep 26, 2014, 06:14 AM
I think the most amusing one I had. Playing as a force doing a desert run I had a random gwanada encounter. After hitting it with a light tech, I was watching how it managed to suck up and start munching a dagan. So I stopped to take a screenshot of it, and it promptly spat the dagan out at me and killed me in one hit. I remember it causing over 1000 damage.
I think I need to take my time killing Gwana to see this myself XD

I got a new one, too.
So, XQs.
Ruins final run (66-70).
Starts with BS like a dagger with Poison 3(from MB) killing 5 enemies with normal attacks (BrHu)
Then someone got hit when you weren't supposed to (don't blame 'em for that).
Ok, so far so good, 2 items is fine.
Next up Falz Arms, 11* unit drops.
Next up stuff (forgot what), Precious Sword Balmung drops (11* wand).
I was already getting worried, 2 items I really want and then ores/stones, so we better don't fail any more).

Next, break 7 enemy parts on Falz Arms (no time limit, ~50 minutes left on run).
I musta got the order wrong cause we had resist (for every weapon I had).
So I try to break fingernails and stuff but everytime I look, the others don't bother and just attack the weakpoints.
After desperately imploring them several times, they reluctantly start breaking things.
Ok, 6/7 WE CAN DO THIS!
4rd and 4th arms spawn for Kamehameha, but one one bothers attacking breakable parts.
One arm down, a single arm left and the only breakable thing left is the head.
I tell them like 5 times.
I try to reach it but I only have Tsukimi as means to get there without hitting everything else in the way.
Nope.avi.
I couldn't reach it (didn't stay in one place long enough for me to reach the height) and eventually it just dies.
Mind you, the others were gunner and force, who don't even have to make an effort or lift a finger to hit the head.
._.

Another XQ run with the challenge "deal 69 or more damage 69 times - Torbon"
There were 5 of them and that was the whole stage.
WTF is happening here, SEGA?

Laxedrane
Sep 26, 2014, 06:48 AM
My friend and I were doing quarry, leveling up alt classes. And a ragne spawns. Over ventrillo I say:

"Oh look a range spawned. Time to put my game face on."

In that very moment, she one shots me. My friend still never lets me down for that.