PDA

View Full Version : How much DEX necessary to negate Variance Loss on 10* Swords?

Renzix
Sep 16, 2014, 08:03 AM
Got a few Swords that I want to use, but the problem is that I want to do Fi/Hu for the better Damage output, because of what Fighter as a Main gives over Hunter.

These swords are 10*, but they are Hunter only. If I were to extend them (Crusade Lore being my best blade for example,) how much DEX would I need in general to negate the increased Damage Variance from Extending a weapon, so I can use them for Fighter?

Kondibon
Sep 16, 2014, 08:20 AM
Do you care about the latents? It's not really worth extending specific rares unless you want the latent and there's no endgame alternative. I think you'd be better off going for a natively multiclass sword like the bio sword or traitor linear than extending one you already have. If you just want something to use in the meantime extend something cheap like 1-6*.

To answer your question, I have no idea, I don't think anyone knows the exact amount, just that it's "a lot" with "a lot" being "more than you can get without sacrificing a lot of base damage".

Dnd
Sep 16, 2014, 08:36 AM
You are far better off getting a /fi equipable sword or an all-class sword, the veritation will kill your average damage even with high (600+) dex. Unless you run with a huge crit build anyway.

You also have to remember extending 10*s like the crusade lore will drop its s-atk quite harshly until you have crafted it back up to at least lv8, which is a considerable investment for such a small gain (considering it goes to lv10 and its even more expensive). Then you have to recraft it to add fighter (or get a +fighter item i suppose) at a cost of 320k meseta per attempt at lv10 (thats not even including the items, either)

Lyrise
Sep 16, 2014, 08:42 AM
You need about 650~ skill/dex to completely offset damage variance.

Source: Personal experience. I craft all kinds of weapons (not just "welfare" 11* weaponry, even good 11* weapons are fair game to me), largely to abuse for all class and PSO2es, especially since damage variance drop doesn't exist in es. I've had as much as 800 dex and noticed that all my damage was coming out exactly the same (who needs criticals?). But like everyone said at one point or another, to have that much dex means to give up a lot of your damage. Working backwards though in an attempt to reclaim some of that lost damage max, I've gotten it to go as low as 650, and still have consistent damage. Due to the way I got that dex, it's difficult for me to test for slightly lower values, but I have heard people getting max damage at lower around 620~.

It's a bit strange from what I've seen though because it appears that Damage variance from crafting is an all or nothing case. That is, if you don't have enough dex, you get the penalty in its full glory, but as soon as you get enough, it literally disappears.

GALEFORCE
Sep 16, 2014, 10:00 AM
If you only plan to use it for a fihu full crit build, it shouldn't be too bad. FiHu can get some pretty crazy critical rates to help offset the variance.

That said, be warned: swords suck in the hands of a non-hunter. Your gear building is going to be painfully slow due to lack of fury gear boost, and as a result you will probably do worse than as a hufi sword user despite the fighter main perks. Just know what you're getting into.

Maenara
Sep 16, 2014, 11:19 AM
Elder Pain makes a good sword to make multiclass.