PDA

View Full Version : SEA Player Moving to JP, Needs some questions answered

SovietDildoSalesman
Sep 17, 2014, 10:25 AM
So...as the title says, i'm currently playing in the SEA servers.
Initially, it was fun and the community was cool and all,
Then came 50 cap.
10* trading wasn't released, 10*s bind on equip,
New costumes released caused players to get screen freezing,

and this overall caused a very uneasy atmosphere on my ship.
Nobody is friendly anymore, everyone's jealous of that guy with all his equpiment
10* and 11* that can't be traded and bind on equip.

Falz runs are a frantic mess where i tell the other monkeys to stop using weak bullet on falz core,
and for several days straight these monkeys tried to attack the falz in the background during the falz arms fight.

So backstory aside, To confirm,
my migration to (hopefully) greener grass is done in these steps right?
Arks layer installer>arks layer tweaker> cyberkitsune proxy> run game

Also, if anyone stuck around to read till this point, i'd like to ask,
i've been wanting to join JP since, forever. i don't know how it really is, but everyone here seems more interesting than the SEA guys.

However, i've already clocked about 500 hours in SEA, and spent slightly over a hundred dollars on it.
Since JP is more updated, i heard that i could rush to 40 in a week, and items for beginners are cheaper and cheaper by the day.
(Zan set is 60 million on SEA, which is ridiculous.)
Would it be much easier for me to catch up on JP, if i were to start afresh?
I have been wanting to have a go at braver after all..

Hobu
Sep 17, 2014, 10:30 AM
As far as the Cyberkitsune proxy thing, it doesn't work for me.

I'm a SEA player too, and I was previously active with PSO2 JP until the IP blocking.

I'd just use SoftEther if I were you. I'd say Asiashit can go screw itself with its bad management and bad policies with games.

PSO2 JP Management is so much better.

Dinosaur
Sep 17, 2014, 10:30 AM
yes

also that sounds horrible, im sorry

Shadowth117
Sep 17, 2014, 10:32 AM
Well first off, falz doesn't give extra 10-12* chance with more arm killing. People on jp will go for quick kills often for exp etc with multiple chars.

Connecting is just as you listed.

But yeah, capping on jp isn't terrible at the moment. We have a lot of good exp client orders including team orders which give exp now here. Braver sadly got nerfed significantly, but ra and fo are very strong right now.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 17, 2014, 10:33 AM
You have my sympathies.

landman
Sep 17, 2014, 10:47 AM
lvl 40 is not a week rush, it is provably a day rush if you are just rushing all Kofy COs (no need to even kill a single enemy except for the final area / boss). But of course doing other COs will give you even more daily COs with better exp. Now Hans gives access to COs more easily, no need to look for Krabadas to continue unlocking the next ones. Lubert still needs to complete some of the previous ones (I think), And Lottie COs are still horrible. Team COs also give tons of EXP, and they are all lvl 1 enemies, so joining a Team, and getting help to kill a boss will earn you around 10k exp and 500 TP, daily.

wefwq
Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 AM
Yes, you'll need to download Arks Layer "Episode 3 English Installer".

While waiting for torrent, you can download PSO2 Tweaker from arks layer website, and then try to register new ID, i think there's guide for that on arks layer website too.

Considering you have spent over 500 hours on SEA, i think you'll do just fine here, in fact, it's easier to leveling up on JP version especially in early-game content since they constantly buffing client order and daily order EXP reward, there also "pre-schedulled emergency quest" that will make your leveling progress much more faster.

final_attack
Sep 17, 2014, 11:05 AM
Actually, in JP servers, getting to 40 should be achieveable in a few mere days (as landman said, 1 day is possible). Koffie gave 15k exp, I think for unlocking a Free Field, and another 15k exp for clearing a Free field.

Considering there are also full party exp bonus of 40% now, scheduled EQ ...... much easier +5 SP Client Orders (I think there's no need to use specific weapons now, you only need to main specific class (I think I cleared Ra's +5 SP with tmg recently) .... and every kills for +5 SP needed reduced to 1.)

Depending on how you level your character, every level from 55 to 70, you'll only need a few scheduled EQ to gain a level. Around 40 ..... you can even gain 3 level on 1 scheduled EQ :wacko: I did that, with a little bit exp boosters and full party :wacko:

Doing dailies, making friends as quick as possible for doing a NPC CO (Io - 2 of them, I think) will give you some meseta as your starting money (40k-ish, I think, good for starters to buy base equipment).

Daily Orders also gave a very nice amount both for exp and meseta.

Yeah, joining a team right away would be nice to help you getting a very few kills needed to unlock sub-class, I think. And those exp is nice too :)

tanako
Sep 17, 2014, 11:59 AM
Use pso2 tweaker...easier update n install...can help u configure cyberkitsune proxy too...remember to uncheck the read only option on ur host file at system32/drivers/etc for proxy to work...im from sea too currently using dat proxy. There us lag but never dc b4 while u will get a lot of dc using free vpn

Daily order gives good exp, meseta and 30% triboost effect. Tons of repeatable quest, even team order has good amount of exp. 7* to 10* is easy to drop till every1 do not use the rare symbol art anymore

Renzix
Sep 17, 2014, 12:29 PM
Well first off, falz doesn't give extra 10-12* chance with more arm killing. People on jp will go for quick kills often for exp etc with multiple chars.

All the Arms, except for the two lower ones, have to be broken in general if you want to have a chance at possibly getting the Elder Units to drop from the Crystal. If you don't break those arms, you won't see those units. That's why people only save Shocking Elder until Phase 2, when he grows and uses more of his Arms.

Luckily there are many better units than the Elder ones now, which is the only reason people go for Quick Kills now, otherwise, pretty much every one in this game is stupid when it comes to trying to get the Units, because they it's okay to 'lol smash face into keyboard on Falz Core."

But yeah, capping on jp isn't terrible at the moment. We have a lot of good exp client orders including team orders which give exp now here. Braver sadly got nerfed significantly, but ra and fo are very strong right now.

Don't spread misinformation. Braver did NOT get nerfed significantly. It is still a very viable spec. If any thing, I can do more damage with it now than I could before Episode 3 came out.

Bouncer is also strong next to Ra / Fo, especially if you run a Melee specced Bouncer with either Jet Boots or Dual Blades. A Bu/Hu can easily compete in terms of overall damage, same with Bu/Fi, but that also varies on whether you're attacking from the Front or the Rear depending on Stances.

Shadowth117
Sep 17, 2014, 03:15 PM
All the Arms, except for the two lower ones, have to be broken in general if you want to have a chance at possibly getting the Elder Units to drop from the Crystal. If you don't break those arms, you won't see those units. That's why people only save Shocking Elder until Phase 2, when he grows and uses more of his Arms.

Luckily there are many better units than the Elder ones now, which is the only reason people go for Quick Kills now, otherwise, pretty much every one in this game is stupid when it comes to trying to get the Units, because they it's okay to 'lol smash face into keyboard on Falz Core."

I was referring to weapons which should have been kind of obvious, but alright. His units are so incredibly worthless and relatively rare at this point that I don't even care to acknowledge their existence on the drop table. Even if you did want them, "hunting" them from Elder is the last thing you'd want to do. All of his decent drops, 10-12*s, are dropped from his main body loot pool and don't gain extra drop chances from his arms contrary to popular belief.

Don't spread misinformation. Braver did NOT get nerfed significantly. It is still a very viable spec. If any thing, I can do more damage with it now than I could before Episode 3 came out.

Bouncer is also strong next to Ra / Fo, especially if you run a Melee specced Bouncer with either Jet Boots or Dual Blades. A Bu/Hu can easily compete in terms of overall damage, same with Bu/Fi, but that also varies on whether you're attacking from the Front or the Rear depending on Stances.

Uh... the only thing that may do better now than before with braver is kan ran since it was buffed significantly. Aside from that, hatou suffered quite a bit from the move to episode 3 as well as shunka which was weakened already from its somewhat recent nerf.

Bouncer is pretty strong, something I never exactly denied, as is Fihu/hufi, rabr... *lists goes on*. I'm not going to get into why. I will say jet boot pa's are very mediocre at best right now despite how cool they are. Also, no mention of FiBo?

tldr don't spread misinformation and be needlessly cheeky.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 17, 2014, 03:48 PM
i dont know about you guys... but braver seems super master race still. its still pretty decent in bossing and mobbing, well, KANRAN FTW!!!!!!!
Braver is still the easiest class to play as when you just want rape shit without trying.

edit: the fact is that if I die or get stuck in a solo XQ stagem, using fi/hu or hu/fi, the first class i go to is br/hu to finish off what my figher, gunner, and hunter can't finish. It's really that simple, something a little too difficult? time to go braver and just brainlessly rape shit again! I have to admit though, braver is boring as shit. It's always the same weapon palette, 3 kanran, 3 shunka, 3 hatou, 3 sakura, 3 nadeshiko, and maybe a bow or a asigiri/gekka sorta combo.

Chdata
Sep 17, 2014, 03:49 PM
fo is up there now too ^-^

Daiyousei
Sep 17, 2014, 04:39 PM
lol I just went over to the playpark forums and there was a thread about the toxicity already.

BIG OLAF
Sep 17, 2014, 04:51 PM
lol I just went over to the playpark forums and there was a thread about the toxicity already.

Going to the SEA forums is like stepping into The Twilight Zone. Like, seriously, going back in time. Reading the topics regarding old stuff, and looking at the screenshots featuring old outfits made me feel uncomfortable.

Daiyousei
Sep 17, 2014, 04:57 PM
Going to the SEA forums is like stepping into The Twilight Zone. Like, seriously, going back in time. Reading the topics regarding old stuff, and looking at the screenshots featuring old outfits made me feel uncomfortable.

But I do enjoy reading their problems we don't have.

TaigaUC
Sep 17, 2014, 05:29 PM
Braver got nerfed? I have 2 main Bravers at around 70/70, and several at 60+.
Didn't really notice. They still seem very strong to me.

10* trading wasn't released, 10*s bind on equip,

That's how it was on JP before, for both 10 and 11 stars.
Not so much for 12 stars, probably because they aren't that great.

and this overall caused a very uneasy atmosphere on my ship.
Nobody is friendly anymore, everyone's jealous of that guy with all his equpiment
10* and 11* that can't be traded and bind on equip.

That sounds kinda weird. Sure, it's easy to be jealous, but not much point being mean to people when it's all random luck.

I tell my friends, "damn you!" when they get fancy stuff I want.
But they know I don't mean it seriously.

Falz runs are a frantic mess where i tell the other monkeys to stop using weak bullet on falz core,
and for several days straight these monkeys tried to attack the falz in the background during the falz arms fight.

People on JP are so sick of Falz that they tend to just attack the core now.

I think I've hit Falz in the background with Il Grants or Last Nemesis.
Might have been because of lag.

Arks layer installer>arks layer tweaker> cyberkitsune proxy> run game[/B]

I don't use Arks Layer installer or Cyberkitsune, so I can't help with that.

Since JP is more updated, i heard that i could rush to 40 in a week, and items for beginners are cheaper and cheaper by the day.
I have been wanting to have a go at braver after all..

You can get to 50 in a day or two, but you probably need to have some prior riches or current boost events to help you out.
You just missed several large boosts about a month ago.

Aim for 55 to be able to do all the current content.
Focus on unlocking all the areas, difficulties and orders that you can.
At level 20 and upwards, you can buy order items and turn those in for around 400k exp per week.

Use the area/difficulty unlocking orders to level your lowest level classes from 0, as they don't adjust by level.
They give 15k each, so you'll jump from 1 to 20 real quick that way. Then you can easily use the Franca food order items from 20 onwards.
The former class unlock quests are available at level 25 and give huge amounts of exp.
If you make some friends, have them take you through the Arks GP orders (no level requirement). You get the full 32k exp for each of them from level 20 onwards.

Do the dailies to get money quickly (they give huge amounts now), then you can use that for cheap, powerful gear.
Crafted stuff is great for starting out quickly. Fairly cheap at lower Extend levels, but it gets expensive later. But you'll be strong enough at around Extend Level 5.
Do the VH/SH Tower Defense EQs as soon as possible to start stocking up on ExpCubes by converting trash 10 stars.
Then you can exchange for lots of useful stuff via ExpCubes.

If you get Premium you can rack up a lot of cash quickly by selling unit affixes, new FUN scratch stuff, etc.

Sizustar
Sep 17, 2014, 05:49 PM
Braver got nerfed? I have 2 main Bravers at around 70/70, and several at 60+.
Didn't really notice. They still seem very strong to me.

That's how it was on JP before, for both 10 and 11 stars.
Not so much for 12 stars, probably because they aren't that great.

That sounds kinda weird. Sure, it's easy to be jealous, but not much point being mean to people when it's all random luck.

I tell my friends, "damn you!" when they get fancy stuff I want.
But they know I don't mean it seriously.

People on JP are so sick of Falz that they tend to just attack the core now.

I think I've hit Falz in the background with Il Grants or Last Nemesis.
Might have been because of lag.

I don't use Arks Layer installer or Cyberkitsune, so I can't help with that.

You can get to 50 in a day or two, but you probably need to have some prior riches or current boost events to help you out.
You just missed several large boosts about a month ago.

Aim for 55 to be able to do all the current content.
Focus on unlocking all the areas, difficulties and orders that you can.
At level 20 and upwards, you can buy order items and turn those in for around 400k exp per week.

Use the area/difficulty unlocking orders to level your lowest level classes from 0, as they don't adjust by level.
They give 15k each, so you'll jump from 1 to 20 real quick that way. Then you can easily use the Franca food order items from 20 onwards.
The former class unlock quests are available at level 25 and give huge amounts of exp.
If you make some friends, have them take you through the Arks GP orders (no level requirement). You get the full 32k exp for each of them from level 20 onwards.

Do the dailies to get money quickly (they give huge amounts now), then you can use that for cheap, powerful gear.
Crafted stuff is great for starting out quickly. Fairly cheap at lower Extend levels, but it gets expensive later. But you'll be strong enough at around Extend Level 5.
Do the VH/SH Tower Defense EQs as soon as possible to start stocking up on ExpCubes by converting trash 10 stars.
Then you can exchange for lots of useful stuff via ExpCubes.

If you get Premium you can rack up a lot of cash quickly by selling unit affixes, new FUN scratch stuff, etc.

I don't remember 10* and 11* being bind on equip...

Daiyousei
Sep 17, 2014, 06:03 PM
there was never a prompt that bound it on equip, and there was no (/) symbol for them, but they didn't release the passes then.

Hobu
Sep 17, 2014, 09:46 PM
Just stay here in JP. You'll love the sleeker and faster braver. Damage is still decent, and you'll feel the general meaning of speed killing with both BR and BU.

Tradable and new costumes? Check.
Tradable 11 stars? Check.
Cool events/content? Check.
Updated content? Yeah, definitely check.

SO what are you waiting for? Play JP server now.

TaigaUC
Sep 18, 2014, 03:32 AM
I don't remember 10* and 11* being bind on equip...

Oh. Sorry.
Was so tired, I kept thinking it was the same thing.

Yeah, we just couldn't trade them... which was the same result.
Not bound, but not tradable.

Well, going by SEA's previous backpedalling, I wouldn't be surprised if they removed the bind on equip later.
Or charged a fee to "unbind" them.

Zellith
Sep 24, 2014, 02:03 AM
Here take my sympathy.