PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Can connect again...

BlackAlphaG
Sep 19, 2014, 03:32 AM
For now, anyway. But it seems, I'm able to get on PSO2 again, and the player site, without the use of a VPN since the DDoS took place. It just kind of happened randomly, but I figured I'd post about it, maybe other people are unblocked too?
I would post my ISP, but it's a small town ISP, that I can pretty much guarantee noone else will have. I'll post a tracert later, if people want me to, if it's still working.

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 19, 2014, 10:14 PM
Yup happened for me too a month ago, and i can still access site and game servers with no VPN or Proxy. I just assumed that the ISP took down the block to that site and server after 31days from when the servers came back on after the DDoS

Chdata
Sep 19, 2014, 10:15 PM
No dice for Comcast users yet...

Sp-24
Sep 19, 2014, 11:33 PM
Happened to me as well two weeks ago, though I had to play with my router's settings to accomplish that. Still not sure if this is permanent or if I'll get blocked again soon, and whether I could do that trick since day 1.

And I still can't connect with my mobile ISP.

Hitoshura
Sep 21, 2014, 02:40 AM
No dice for Comcast users yet...

This, it's kinda sad that such a large ISP is still unable to connect to the game

Sp-24
Sep 21, 2014, 04:58 AM
I went around asking some of my friends who share the ISP with me to try connecting to PSO2 servers (I couldn't force them to play it at a gunpoint), and they all experience the usual timeouts. So, whatever is that thing that lets me connect again, it's certainly not my ISP doing anything.

Randomness
Sep 21, 2014, 01:54 PM
Happened to me as well two weeks ago, though I had to play with my router's settings to accomplish that. Still not sure if this is permanent or if I'll get blocked again soon, and whether I could do that trick since day 1.

And I still can't connect with my mobile ISP.

What did you do in your routers settings?

DamonKatu
Sep 22, 2014, 12:33 AM
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\D>tracert pso2.jp

Tracing route to pso2.jp [210.189.209.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 10 ms 9 ms 10 ms 10.123.0.1
3 11 ms 9 ms 20 ms 24.144.1.89
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Still cannot connect. I blame corporates as ever since they want to control the Internets...

I think something like this did happens to LoL, but thats off topic...

NexusAZ
Sep 22, 2014, 12:46 AM
Still cannot connect. I blame corporates as ever since they want to control the Internets...

This is pretty much on SEGA/YahooJP last I checked.

Omi
Sep 22, 2014, 01:39 AM
I (also) am randomly able to connect again for the first time since the DDoS attack without the Amazon fix (both PSO2 and pso2.jp/players website work fine). I doubt anyone has the same ISP as me because I live in the middle of bumfucknowhere, but it is Rhino Communications.

I never thought that I would be able to connect again normally... inb4itonlylaststwodaystopslol. For the record I was not able to connect without the Amazon fix 18 hours ago, but it works now, yay for random trying.

DamonKatu
Sep 22, 2014, 03:02 AM
This is pretty much on SEGA/YahooJP last I checked.

That too. Next time, Try Amazon, sega :lol:

Sorry, I forgot since we last talked about that...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 22, 2014, 03:19 AM
I went around asking some of my friends who share the ISP with me to try connecting to PSO2 servers (I couldn't force them to play it at a gunpoint), and they all experience the usual timeouts. So, whatever is that thing that lets me connect again, it's certainly not my ISP doing anything.

What did you do in your routers settings?
Yes, do share.

Sp-24
Sep 22, 2014, 06:39 AM
The only thing I did that may work for others was changing DNS. Most of the rest was playing with interface settings, which are usually specific to your ISP, and with routing paths, which I don't even understand that well. And, seeing how I ran into the block with my new DNS, it most likely isn't the solution, either.

Randomness
Sep 22, 2014, 07:17 PM
Routing paths you say...

You do realize the fundamental issue here is that they're broadcasting their location in a way that the ISP's routing algorithms don't know what to do, yes?

Chik'Tikka
Sep 22, 2014, 11:42 PM
hmm... sounds like some sort of static routing setup+^_^+

AzureBlaze
Sep 23, 2014, 12:00 AM
Going to comment on behalf of ATT (non uverse) of Southeast USA: still can't do anything. No game, no site. I miss it so bad. Hopefully this other small ISPs finding it is a good sign.
I hate this.

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 23, 2014, 08:47 PM
Best solution is to get your ISP to take down the block to the game server, A lot of them probably have no idea. After a DDoS attack from 31days + they usually take down the block, sometimes earlier, Your ISP implements this block, not SEGA. So just keep ringing them and if you're really desperate, threaten them to change ISPs if nothing is done ASAP.