PDA

View Full Version : What if they made skill trees for AIS?

Takatsuki
Sep 20, 2014, 09:35 PM
Another fun topic for coming up with ideas that Sega will never implement.

Here's my idea - AIS would get their own skill tree. Their skill point count would be based on whatever your highest level class has, but would have no +5 SP CO boosts. Of course, when summoning the AIS during battle, it's stats would be based on your current class's level, but you would still keep your AIS tree.

I had some ideas for skills for such a tree. Some of which will be taken from other class trees, but some would be totally new.

Old Skills:
HP High Up 1 & 2
Striking High Up 1 & 2
Shooting High Up 1 & 2
Standing Snipe 1 & 2
Weak Hit Advance 1 & 2
JA Bonus 1 & 2
Chase Advance
Halfline Slayer
Deadline Slayer
PP Slayer
Attack PP Restorate

And new skills:
Photon Particle Cannon Advance - Boosts the power of the AIS-mounted Photon Particle Cannon (+20% at lv 10)
Burst Grenade Advance - Reduces the cooldown of Burst Grenades and increases it's AOE.
Strike Dash - Causes damage to enemies when performing AIS dash (evasive action). (1 point)
AIS Extension - Increases the active time of AIS. (+5 seconds at lv 1, +15 seconds at lv 10)
AIS Escape Burst - When AIS is deactivated (either through time elapse or manually), a huge AOE explosion happens around your AIS, dealing high damage and Burn. Damage, AOE size and Burn proc rate depends on level. (Burn Proc rate is 100% at lv 5, max lv).
Rocket Burn - Causes AIS rockets to potentially cause Burn.
Crystal Collector - Doubles crystal value gain while aboard AIS. (1 point)
Wall Breaker - Doubles damage dealt to Darker Walls. (1 point)
Sentry Cannon - Enables a small cannon which fires rapid machinegun shots at nearby enemies at all times. Deals small damage (for AIS). Doesn't consume or regenerate PP. Damage is determined by the skill's level. (5 points)
AIS Extra Ignition - Increases your stats each successive time you summon an AIS during the same run. (At max lv of 5, get a 15% stat increase for your second AIS and a 25% increase of your third)

BIG OLAF
Sep 20, 2014, 09:43 PM
Well, first and foremost, the AIS would have to be used in more than one mission (that one mission being an EQ, to boot) for an entire skill tree to be viable and worth using.

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2014, 09:51 PM
I dunno about a skill tree but I agree with Olaf. They'd need to be used in more than a single EQ if adding mechanics to them is going to be a thing.

Personally I like the idea of weaker versions of them being an alternative to Photon Blasts.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 20, 2014, 09:56 PM
What if they made skill trees for AIS?

My computer would die...

D-Inferno
Sep 20, 2014, 09:59 PM
Skill trees are just a pay AC gimmick; they don't deserve any place on AIS.

I do however think that the class you are using should influence the AIS's attacks. Striking class would have better sword damage, Ranged better gun/missile damage, Tech class wider laser and ice bomb.

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2014, 10:03 PM
Skill trees are just a pay AC gimmick; they don't deserve any place on AIS.Your blind hate for skill trees as a concept in PSO2 at all amuses me.

GALEFORCE
Sep 20, 2014, 10:09 PM
You could also have different classes of AIS with different skill trees.. Then play balance wars with them alongside the main game.

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 02:12 AM
We need a new lilipa area that is so extremely difficult that the usage or A.I.S. is warranted from time to time.

That is, a free explore type field.

Limbo_lag
Sep 21, 2014, 02:14 AM
Should have totally made AIS available in that new Attack on titan EQ, with xyz planes of movement :<

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 02:16 AM
We need an area that allows vertical progression through a map, traversed via AIS. The field will be known as Heaven's Gate

Sizustar
Sep 21, 2014, 02:20 AM
Well, first and foremost, the AIS would have to be used in more than one mission (that one mission being an EQ, to boot) for an entire skill tree to be viable and worth using.

In the last live broadcast, the new director did say he's looking to implement AIS into other instance of the game due to fan request.

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 02:43 AM
hellz yeaaaaa this is the next most exciting thing since the 4th accessory slot + accessory position adjustment

now for sega to release more underwear

jk

Kilich
Sep 21, 2014, 03:24 AM
Skills? Nope, only equipment customization.

Want a better cannon, equip it, want more time, equip a better battery.

Achelousaurus
Sep 21, 2014, 07:31 AM
Skill trees are just a pay AC gimmick; they don't deserve any place on AIS.

I do however think that the class you are using should influence the AIS's attacks. Striking class would have better sword damage, Ranged better gun/missile damage, Tech class wider laser and ice bomb.
I always have to think of Diablo 2. I never got to Inferno difficulty but everyone ever said 1 wrong skill point and you can pretty much forget that character, gotta make a new one.

Not to mention that almost no game with skill points allows for re-speccing easily, being able to add skill trees or reset them for AC is really nice.
The game comes at no cost initially, so unless you go on mad spending sprees you will still not pay much overall for a little AC content here and there.
Not to mention when you bring in playtime it's even cheaper, cause what regular 50$ game has an easy 1000+ hours of playtime?

That aside, I really like the idea of your class affecting AIS.

I also like the idea of the skill trees for AIS (and the mentioned skills are very good) but this requires AIS to be a common factor in gameplay, not just one option thing in one eq that isn't so common anymore.

But you can have options to customize AIS at the start of an eq, not nearly as many as those skills so you don't waste too much time, but something like general type, 1-2 additional features and 1-3 types of equipment.
Can't take more than 30 seconds to setup.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 21, 2014, 07:49 AM
Personally I like the idea of weaker versions of them being an alternative to Photon Blasts.

....I...I hadn't thought of this.

Marry me? :heartcookie:

:wacko:

BIG OLAF
Sep 21, 2014, 08:04 AM
But then no one would use PBs anymore, so that would be dumb.

Oh, wait. SEGA does planned obsolescence, anyway. So, yeah, that's a viable option.

gigawuts
Sep 21, 2014, 08:16 AM
....I...I hadn't thought of this.

Marry me? :heartcookie:

Step off bitch before I step you off on you for you.

Shit.

sounded way better in my head

Anyway yes, spawning a smaller AIS that you can pilot or decline to pilot so other players can pilot it, as a photon blast, is what should happen as PSO2's version of nanoblasts (...as I've been saying for a year and a half).

It wouldn't even be very hard. It's been done before. See: Global Agenda's alternate Robotics team boost (as opposed to a large high hp dome shield), the Personal Vandal...
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MDboChY8eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1xUYoA0ZCg[/SPOILER-BOX]
yes its main attack is seriously open palming bitches right in the lunchmeat, it's so amazing

Enforcer MKV
Sep 21, 2014, 08:29 AM

Shit.

sounded way better in my head.

Well, at least impressing her with my vocabulary won't be that difficult.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2014, 09:25 AM
Not to mention that almost no game with skill points allows for re-speccing easily, being able to add skill trees or reset them for AC is really nice.Other games I've played with skill trees (or something close to them at least), where they're super important to your build and functionality of your class or whatever include, DCUO and GW2. The later of which made changing your build even EASIER recently.

The fact that there's an AC cost for it is ridiculous given how important builds are. And don't give me "Wait for the free resets". Those are way too sporadic to plan for.

I'd be perfectly fine with a meseta cost to change your skill trees. Maybe 1k per point spent. That would make resetting a single level 70 tree 70k, and a full set of max level trees, 560k. Maybe a bit more.

Extra skill trees can still exist for people who want to change skill trees often.

EDIT: I feel the same way about mag resets.

Shit.

sounded way better in my head

Well, at least impressing her with my vocabulary won't be that difficult.

You guys have to share me.

Achelousaurus
Sep 21, 2014, 01:55 PM
Well ok, other games I played >_>
Only thing I can think of is Kingdoms of Amalur, respec any time with a certain NPC.
Sadly, the game was so boring and easy that I didn't last long.

Rien
Sep 23, 2014, 04:52 AM
so uh

SUV's anybody