PDA

View Full Version : Well, I Guess you Can Buy Meseta with AC (in a way)

the_importer_
Sep 20, 2014, 10:04 PM
So I filled up with some AC today to renew my premium, get some scapedolls and 12 AC scratches because I wanted to win that item that gives you 45 HP as an ability on your weapon. I didn't win one of course and everything I got was junk minus the no risk grind item. I put everything on my store bellow the lowest asking price. All 11 items sold for a grand total of 2.1 millions.

So I bought my HP item as well as a 20% ability success item for like a million each. I guess you can buy meseta in this game, you just got to jump through an extra hoop.

gigawuts
Sep 20, 2014, 10:07 PM
Correct; AC scratch is legitimized RMT.

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2014, 10:11 PM
For people wondering why this is ok, but companies directly selling in game currency to their players isn't: The prior uses currency that's already in circulation, while the later creates new currency, which can very easily cause inflation.

Takatsuki
Sep 20, 2014, 10:16 PM
Why on earth would you buy scapedolls?

the_importer_
Sep 20, 2014, 10:17 PM

Cause shit happens.

Takatsuki
Sep 20, 2014, 10:20 PM
Cause shit happens.

That's what allies with moons and halfdolls are for.

Scapedolls are a total waste of money.

the_importer_
Sep 20, 2014, 10:24 PM
That's what allies with moons and halfdolls are for.

Scapedolls are a total waste of money.

Out of hallfdolls and I mainly play solo. Anything else you wish to add?

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2014, 10:26 PM
Anything else you wish to add?Stop dying.

EDIT: Jokes aside what situations where you're solo do you feel you absolutely have to use a half doll?

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 20, 2014, 10:26 PM

*eats popcorn*

Continue...

the_importer_
Sep 20, 2014, 10:32 PM
Stop dying.

EDIT: Jokes aside what situations where you're solo do you feel you absolutely have to use a half doll?

When I don't feel like restating a difficult quest or loose an S-Ranking and a client order in the process. Not going to use a scapedoll early in the quest or if this is ony the first time doing it, but if this is my 3rd time failing and I'm near the end, then I'll use one.

horseship
Sep 20, 2014, 10:37 PM
I'm not gonna knock buying scapedolls (it's already been beaten to death) but AC scratch is a total ripoff if more than 20 dollars of scratch only gets you 2.1m.

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2014, 10:40 PM
When I don't feel like restating a difficult quest or loose an S-Ranking and a client order in the process. Not going to use a scapedoll early in the quest or if this is ony the first time doing it, but if this is my 3rd time failing and I'm near the end, then I'll use one.If it takes me more than 3 tries to beat a boss then I do something else, get some friends, or go Te/Fo and cheese it.

But whatever floats your boat.

the_importer_
Sep 20, 2014, 11:21 PM
I'm not gonna knock buying scapedolls (it's already been beaten to death) but AC scratch is a total ripoff if more than 20 dollars of scratch only gets you 2.1m.

Oh I agree on that part since I'm not much of a gambler, this was only my 2nd time buying those. That being said, I won't knock on the concept since it's PSO2 main's bread and butter, without that, the game wouldn't be what it is, if it would exist a all. This is essentially a Gashapon concept, hence why Japanese players are spending so much money on those tickets every month.

UnLucky
Sep 20, 2014, 11:34 PM
I wish it worked the other way around, though.

I want to buy premium with meseta. And mags and skill trees and inventory space.

Like, from other players.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 12:15 AM

I want to buy premium with meseta. And mags and skill trees and inventory space.

And how would PSO2 stay online then? Would you prefer paying a monthly fee like they did for the original PSO? No such thing as a free meal son.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 12:20 AM

git gud.

NexusAZ
Sep 21, 2014, 12:23 AM
And how would PSO2 stay online then? Would you prefer paying a monthly fee like they did for the original PSO? No such thing as a free meal son.

I'm pretty sure they're saying they wish the AC Shop Tickets could be traded.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 12:28 AM
git gud.

Unless you have a single digit next to "Number of times Incapacitated", you don't have much of a saying in this.

EDIT: And before you ask:

[spoiler-box]http://i57.tinypic.com/2ir6ohk.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Even after using less than 30 dolls (scape and half combined), that's still less deaths per hour ratio than most people posted here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221821

And since I mainly play solo, no I don't run around in circles waiting for the NPCs to kill the monsters, that would take forever.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 12:30 AM
I'm pretty sure they're saying they wish the AC Shop Tickets could be traded.

I don't see why someone would try to make a business out of buying scapedolls and premium ticket to sale for meseta, sounds like a lot trouble just for in-game currency.

NexusAZ
Sep 21, 2014, 12:35 AM
I don't see why someone would try to make a business out of buying scapedolls and premium ticket to sale for meseta, sounds like a lot trouble just for in-game currency.

It would likely be more consistent money than the AC Scratch on top of being easier to manage. There are a number of things in the AC shop that are worthwhile purchases.

Buy AC items(most of which stack) and toss them in the shop. Done.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 12:38 AM
Unless you have a single digit next to "Number of times Incapacitated", you don't have much of a saying in this.

death times irrelevant to git guddery, more relevant to time spent gitting gud.

SakoHaruo
Sep 21, 2014, 12:40 AM

Cause shit happens.

Too good. o3o

UnLucky
Sep 21, 2014, 12:43 AM

Well, I Guess you Can Buy Meseta with AC (in a way)

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 12:49 AM
death times irrelevant to git guddery, more relevant to time spent gitting gud.

Jesus Chris, could you speak English? Tired of googling your language kid. Anyway, regarding your post, well you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how little sense it makes. What's next, a boxer who got KO'd 127 in 200 matches is better than one who got KO'd 23 times in 100 just because he got more time in the ring?

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 01:01 AM
Jesus Chris, could you speak English? Tired of googling your language kid. Anyway, regarding your post, well you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how little sense it makes. What's next, a boxer who got KO'd 127 in 200 matches is better than one who got KO'd 23 times in 100 just because he got more time in the ring?

You wouldn't even need google if you got gud.

Punisher106
Sep 21, 2014, 01:02 AM
what situations where you're solo do you feel you absolutely have to use a half doll?

Darker's Den, or a Story quest. Take your pick.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 01:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/liVoZcn.png

Stats by the by. xP

SakoHaruo
Sep 21, 2014, 01:06 AM
That low damage. Git gud, son. o3o

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 01:07 AM
lol shunkafags

UnLucky
Sep 21, 2014, 01:22 AM
Darker's Den, or a Story quest. Take your pick.

Story quests can kill you now? Damn, I need to play Ep3

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 01:53 AM
When I don't feel like restating a difficult quest or loose an S-Ranking and a client order in the process. Not going to use a scapedoll early in the quest or if this is ony the first time doing it, but if this is my 3rd time failing and I'm near the end, then I'll use one.

lol the only time I ever used a scape doll was because I had extra AC, and I really needed to get my 11* gigur unit set while affixing was boosted and I got a rare boss in the last hour of maintenance.

But using it for trivial client orders, story quests, etc that you can just reset and do again... at least XQ comes close to being something that you might half doll on.

By the way, nobody can see your number of deaths unless you go around flaunting it. And I bet most people who see it don't really care. And rather the fact that you think it's significant or show-worthy that you have a low death count because you spend money... well that statement just makes PSO2 look bad.

Kikikiki
Sep 21, 2014, 02:21 AM
lol the only time I ever used a scape doll was because I had extra AC, and I really needed to get my 11* gigur unit set while affixing was boosted and I got a rare boss in the last hour of maintenance.

But using it for trivial client orders, story quests, etc that you can just reset and do again... at least XQ comes close to being something that you might half doll on.

By the way, nobody can see your number of deaths unless you go around flaunting it. And I bet most people who see it don't really care. And rather the fact that you think it's significant or show-worthy that you have a low death count because you spend money... well that statement just makes PSO2 look bad.

I think he's playing Force also.

Selphea
Sep 21, 2014, 02:33 AM
So if I play Te/Hu with full HP and Guard Stance and leech my way to victory in events am I considered gud? :wacko:

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2014, 02:37 AM
So if I play Te/Hu with full HP and Guard Stance and leech my way to victory in events am I considered gud? :wacko:

da bes

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 02:42 AM
I think he's playing Force also.

I place force too...? Infact it's one of the classes I go to to solo things because none of my other classes except Br are good enough to do so.

landman
Sep 21, 2014, 05:55 AM
I'm not really an expert in AC scratch prices, but maybe doing it a few days before the end of the current scratch was not the best investment? I really don't know, I'm not a great clothes/hairstyles/dances buyer, but when I've been interested in something I think some items are sold at a higher price the first hours then drop their price while others will provably maintain the price.

It's an option in other games, in EVE you can either purchase your month subscription or buy PLEX. PLEX you either use it ingame or trade it. For people that can manage to get enough money monthly they have been playing that game for years without spending a dollar(and with multiple accounts), and for people who can spend the money they can easily trade a week or two of high lvl farming/trading for 20$.

Hobu
Sep 21, 2014, 06:00 AM
1. run mining base EQ
2. Fill your storage with grind risk reductions/grind risk success/ability success/grinders
3. Open 3 days shop ticket when each item reaches more than 100 pcs each.

That's more than 5m in one go. Believe it or not, it's sure money.

Kikikiki
Sep 21, 2014, 06:13 AM
I place force too...? Infact it's one of the classes I go to to solo things because none of my other classes except Br are good enough to do so.

Exactly.

And he's still dying with a Force.

GreenArcher
Sep 21, 2014, 08:52 AM

Er....if you buy them with meseta from other players, there is still money going to Sega. The other players are still buying arks cash. Many games do this.

gigawuts
Sep 21, 2014, 09:02 AM

This is correct. Why?

Because other players foot the real money bill.

Some games have this exact system in place, and it works spectacularly. Eve for instance sells 30 day time codes to players for about $15. Those codes can be redeemed directly to your account, or converted into a 30 day time code you can sell as an item on the game's market. Any player can buy it for ingame currency, and redeem it on their account.

It is the exact same system as AC scratch in PSO2, except instead of clothes it's days of active subscription.

It allows many Eve players with a good ingame cash flow, but a low RL cash flow (or just no desire to spend RL cash on the game themselves), to keep an active subscription. After you establish your ingame support structure it's not too difficult to click a few buttons a day and rake in enough cash. A person could, say, keep three accounts subscribed continuously (about a billion a month in total a few years ago) for five straight years without paying a dime of their own real life money or going too far out of their way, instead paying ingame money to someone else who has paid their own real life money. Some people made twice that without breaking a sweat.

The owning company gets its 50 cents per day per account, just from someone else. As a result, many players can be subscribed that previously could not, resulting in higher profits and a more active game world. This also directly combats RMT, similarly to how AC Scratch does except more consistently.

Hobu
Sep 21, 2014, 09:06 AM
It is easy to make money in PSO2. The question is, how far will your money go without premium? All that affixing and trying to make everything perfect - prem users are able to buy those +110 weapons from the storage and non-prem cannot. Those who can't even get past the 10* drop quit with more than 20m in their accounts.

It is not a bad system, and I certainly enjoy having premium once in a while. Hoard 10/11* passes, sell my stuff when I'm outta tickets.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 10:43 AM
@Rock Eastwood

Well if this picture has not been photoshoped or you're not being constantly revived by your teammates with moons, then that's a pretty good score kid, I'll give you that. That being said, your death count is still over the single digit, so my original response still stands, you have no saying in this.

To all of you going about scapedolls and dying, I'll add these two statements:

1- If scapedolls were free and plentiful like in the original PSO, all of you would be using them. Only reason most of you are acting like this is because you do not have the disposable income to waste on them.

Now before you all go and reply "Shut up, I have money", you should learn the difference. Money is something you use for the essentials: mortgage or rent, food, electricity, taxes and in this day in age, I'll add internet and cell phone.

Disposable income on the other, is something that most people in this world don't have a lot of if any, this is what you use for stuff like entertainment. Now I'm no millionaire, but I do have a well paying job and no wife or kids, so I have enough disposable income to blow on none-essential crap. If I can make my life easier by buying some scapedolls and not restating a quest 3 times, I will.

2- Unlike most of you, I don't play the same few quests over and over again in order to get rares or cash, I play this like any other game, I try to do everything, hence why I'm soloing. This here's my check list, and besides a couple quests where I needed to complete them with someone else in order to clear Io's client orders, I did everything with NPCs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13sHdaDOkarJns8LkWKaPLhbjKeWR_2Hl6zy2XSd57iA/edit?usp=sharing

So ya, I guess you could say that I'm a completionist, but at lease now you know why I use scapedolls.

Selphea
Sep 21, 2014, 10:51 AM
I suppose the bottom line is you can either "git gud" at the game or you can get good at making money. The latter has more practical applications than a single game. It also means more money for SEGA and more content for people like me who are less generous to them :p

UnLucky
Sep 21, 2014, 10:54 AM
Your counter still goes up if you get mooned, otherwise I wouldn't have over a thousand on my account

Or maybe I just tab out while damage testing way too much idk

I still have like 30+ halfdolls that I'll never use unless I start soloing XQs or something

It's just never worth it for me

Ceresa
Sep 21, 2014, 10:59 AM
So basically you haven't touched Extreme, or AD, and your enemy kill count is so pathetically low(and barrage of shitty noob topics rather recent) that you're obviously a fairly new player.

Meaning you never had to play the game when enemies on VH hit as hard as they currently do on SH, to say nothing of how common and accessible rares are at this point, or how much easier grinding and affixing has been made. No Ep 3 PA rebalance, no na techs, no il techs. Even mag feeding is 3x faster.

And yet, most of this forum have stats from before PSO2 went super casual, and they did it without scapes. So what's that make you?

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 11:48 AM
So basically you haven't touched Extreme, or AD, and your enemy kill count is so pathetically low(and barrage of shitty noob topics rather recent) that you're obviously a fairly new player.

Meaning you never had to play the game when enemies on VH hit as hard as they currently do on SH, to say nothing of how common and accessible rares are at this point, or how much easier grinding and affixing has been made. No Ep 3 PA rebalance, no na techs, no il techs. Even mag feeding is 3x faster.

And yet, most of this forum have stats from before PSO2 went super casual, and they did it without scapes. So what's that make you?

Well now, it seems that I went and struck a nerve with my reply, well that's life son. But don't despair, you're still young and there's probably plenty of opportunities left for you. Maybe one day, you'll be playing some other game and buy some junk item with real cash saying to yourself "why not, I can afford it".

Now to go deeper in your reply, I've only been playing during my spare time, vacations and weekends, so that's an average of 150 hours per month since April. Of course, my kills aren't as high as someone who's been playing for for 2000+ hours, besides my job, I still have to maintain my property, pay my bills, do the groceries and everything that an adult needs to do in his everyday life.

As for Advance Quests and Extreme quests, well I do the sections in the order I've chosen and I'll be doing them once I'm done with Time Attack. Now you probably didn't bother scrolling at the client orders, but if you did, you would have seen that I've completed Klotho's orders, meaning I did tackle some Extreme Quest, at lease 5 times. I'm on stage 6 in each of them I think they look to be the most amusing quests of them all. As for Advance Quests, I did one cause think a client order required me to, they seem to be more challenging than regular open fields, so they may end up being fun as well.

As for the rest, no one forced you to be an early adopter. You got the enjoy the game earlier but had to suffer through harder parts and had to make adjustments, that's life son. Look at me, although I'm typing this at a computer desk using a real keyboard and 2 regular monitors, that computer itself is a Surface Pro. I bought it with a docking station when the 2nd model was out mainly because there was little difference between the newer and older model and the 1st model was much cheaper. Now less than 2 weeks after I bought these things, bam! Microsoft announced the Surface Pro 3, a 12 inch model with more features. That's the price of early adoption.

Your counter still goes up if you get mooned, otherwise I wouldn't have over a thousand on my account

Or maybe I just tab out while damage testing way too much idk

I still have like 30+ halfdolls that I'll never use unless I start soloing XQs or something

It's just never worth it for me

I know my death counter would go up if I got mooned by a 400 pound guy :p

Jokes aside, keep those halfdolls handy if you're gonna be soloing, you're going to need them since those dumb NPCs are more like bait than anything else. Only crappy part about halfdolls is that you can only carry one on yourself at any given time, well at lease they're free.

UnLucky
Sep 21, 2014, 12:37 PM
You should only really need one

I really can't think of any quest worth over $5 to complete. As in, accounting for multiple deaths.

Unless you've just got tens of thousands of AC, there's so much better stuff to get, and a lot of it's permanent.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 12:47 PM
You should only really need one

I really can't think of any quest worth over $5 to complete. As in, accounting for multiple deaths.

Unless you've just got tens of thousands of AC, there's so much better stuff to get, and a lot of it's permanent.

I already bought plenty of good permanent stuff such as: Extra Mag, Extra Sub-Pallet, double the items I can carry, bunch of skill trees, etc...

I probably bought less than 20 scapedolls since I started playing. I don't care if I get an S-Ranking or not as long as I don't loose a client order in the process and since I'm almost done with those, I don't know if I'll need many more dolls. From what I've seen, the Extreme quests allow you to continue at a check point if you fail and they're pretty quick, so I don't think I'll be using dolls here. Just got to finish those Time Attack quests and I should be good for the rest.

landman
Sep 21, 2014, 01:13 PM
I won't argue about the dolls thing, but really, I've mostly soloed as FO/TE and I know I failed some S-ranks but really, the best solution if you are failing three in a row is just to go do another thing, lvl up a bit more, revise your skill tree, or your weapon palette, or the techs you are using, or even your playstyle, and if you really only care about completing those COs wait to have a higher lvl. At lvl 50, having SH Hans COs, you will provably never again touch those S-rank quests for exp. My team is usually deserted, if someone is online we surely do things together, but when there is no one around I even go do XQ COs alone (stages 60-65), and once you know those stages not even a rare zeshy with a hunar with a bunch of darkers are rival to a well saved Julius Nifta and some techs, I've only been starting to have a halfdoll in my inventory since doing those things weekly, and so far I didn't have to use it.

『  』
Sep 21, 2014, 01:13 PM
I already bought plenty of good permanent stuff such as: Extra Mag, Extra Sub-Pallet, double the items I can carry, bunch of skill trees, etc...

I probably bought less than 20 scapedolls since I started playing. I don't care if I get an S-Ranking or not as long as I don't loose a client order in the process and since I'm almost done with those, I don't know if I'll need many more dolls. From what I've seen, the Extreme quests allow you to continue at a check point if you fail and they're pretty quick, so I don't think I'll be using dolls here. Just got to finish those Time Attack quests and I should be good for the rest.

Just curious, how many hours do you have invested in pso2 if you don't mind sharing?
Maybe it's due to the fact that you are a new player but, I find your priorities amusing where TAs taking less than 5min normally costing nothing requires the use of a scapedoll when you messed up, while XQs costing a pass does not.

On a side note, I also find your posts hilarious, thanks for making my day.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 01:23 PM
I won't argue about the dolls thing, but really, I've mostly soloed as FO/TE and I know I failed some S-ranks but really, the best solution if you are failing three in a row is just to go do another thing, lvl up a bit more, revise your skill tree, or your weapon palette, or the techs you are using, or even your playstyle, and if you really only care about completing those COs wait to have a higher lvl. At lvl 50, having SH Hans COs, you will provably never again touch those S-rank quests for exp. My team is usually deserted, if someone is online we surely do things together, but when there is no one around I even go do XQ COs alone (stages 60-65), and once you know those stages not even a rare zeshy with a hunar with a bunch of darkers are rival to a well saved Julius Nifta and some techs, I've only been starting to have a halfdoll in my inventory since doing those things weekly, and so far I didn't have to use it.

To each is own man. I don't like backing out a challenge, if I start something, I have to finish no matter the price and if that means using a scapedoll or two, then let it be. I'm a retro game collector, well I use to be anyway, decided to give it a rest this year since I'm sure I have enough to last me 2 life times.

I use to spend anywhere from $200 to $500 CAD every month on retro games. Needless to say, I've swap one addiction for another, but that has cost me in average $40 a month since April, so it's a cheaper addiction.

Just curious, how many hours do you have invested in pso2 if you don't mind sharing?
Maybe it's due to the fact that you are a new player but, I find your priorities amusing where TAs taking less than 5min normally costing nothing requires the use of a scapedoll when you messed up, while XQs costing a pass does not.

On a side note, I also find your posts hilarious, thanks for making my day.

Well there's no secret here, I already posted the pic of my play record earlier in the topic. Here you go man:

The time attack quests on Normal and Hard were a easy enough and so were the ones on VHard minus that part when you need to beat the Quartz Dragon in that little room. I'm use to fighting that Dragon in a very large open field, much easier to avoid his projectiles.

Anyway, this is the way the Murphy's law works, if I didn't have a client order relying on this, I probably wouldn't have needed a scapedoll. I guess I'll to prove this theory by clearing the quest in SHard this week without dying.

Always happy to entertain BTW.

landman
Sep 21, 2014, 02:01 PM
Well, if you do it for the challenge, getting revived by a doll or by a moon has little difference (ninjaedit: in either case you failed the challenge :P)

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 02:15 PM
Well, if you do it for the challenge, getting revived by a doll or by a moon has little difference (ninjaedit: in either case you failed the challenge :P)

It's not cheating if it's part of the game, so scapedolls are a fair and square usage. I don't know how old you are, but that concept of paying extra to keep on playing use to be called arcades in my days. Sure it costs more than 25 cents to keep playing if I die in PSO2, but a lease I have the option of restarting the stage for free and there's no initial cost to start playing, so it evens out that way.

landman
Sep 21, 2014, 02:24 PM
I like how you are getting defensive with me the same way you did with others. I'm 31, and you played arcades wrong. Restarting from the beginning when you died was the best option: you played more with less money, and you got better at the game in the process, instead of getting killed 3 times in a row in a cheap boss.

isCasted
Sep 21, 2014, 02:24 PM
Arcades were hard, and also you lost all your progress if you didn't pay. This game is relatively easy, and losing an S-Rank is not much of a problem. You just need to dedicate yourself to getting better, it's not an arcade so it will be fast (and also it will pay off in long run).

Also, death count is low because you don't restart everything - by using scapedoll you always keep your progress (so you might avoid seeing again a part that killed you before).

Jyasupa
Sep 21, 2014, 02:26 PM
Not sure if this thread was made to talk about a legit concern, or if the OP is just trying to show off that they have disposable income, a job, a house, etc etc.

SMH make a tumblr or something.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 02:43 PM
I like how you are getting defensive with me the same way you did with others. I'm 31, and you played arcades wrong. Restarting from the beginning when you died was the best option: you played more with less money, and you got better at the game in the process, instead of getting killed 3 times in a row in a cheap boss.

So by your definition, someone who disagrees with you is being defensive? I don't know, in my parts we called that good old debating. Anyway, it's like I said before, to each is own. You keep playing your way and I'll keep playing mine, let's just agree that hacking the game is the only wrong way of doing so.

Arcades were hard, and also you lost all your progress if you didn't pay. This game is relatively easy, and losing an S-Rank is not much of a problem. You just need to dedicate yourself to getting better, it's not an arcade so it will be fast (and also it will pay off in long run).

Also, death count is low because you don't restart everything - by using scapedoll you always keep your progress (so you might avoid seeing again a part that killed you before).

Difficulty is a point of view. Yes, some games were made purposely hard, but in general, most arcade games I played with an ending were well balanced, you just had to be good in video games in general.

Like I said before son, I've used less than 20 scapedolls and I haven't been playing long enough to have a storage of halfdolls in my bank. So my death count would still be under 200 if these dolls indeed prevented that count from going up (still not to sure about that).

EDIT: Went back just for fun to look at my purchase history, looks like I bought less than I tough I did. Bought 2 packs of 5 and 3 individual ones, so that's 13 if I still remember my basic math.

Not sure if this thread was made to talk about a legit concern, or if the OP is just trying to show off that they have disposable income, a job, a house, etc etc.

SMH make a tumblr or something.

Well then you should just start reading from the top. This was just an innocent topic, but as always, because the Internet anonymity, some people just like trying to prove that they're better and that you're not doing things the right way unless it's their way.

Jyasupa
Sep 21, 2014, 02:49 PM
Well then you should just start reading from the top. This was just an innocent topic, but as always, because the Internet anonymity, some people just like trying to prove that they're better and that you're not doing things the right way unless it's their way.

If you like the way you do things in a game then there's no need to seek confirmation from others, especially pso-w.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 02:50 PM
You don't git gud with excuses.

That's all I'm seeing.

Nothin' personal kiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

horseship
Sep 21, 2014, 03:04 PM
I don't buy scapedolls myself, but I honestly don't see the problem with it. You're not forced to buy them or anything. They're worth it to some, and not worth it to others. Simple as that.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 03:06 PM
If you like the way you do things in a game then there's no need to seek confirmation from others, especially pso-w.

Again, son this was just an innocent topic, I didn't start this crap. If people would just mind their own business none of this would have started and this topic would already be on the 2nd page. But that's not how the Internet works now does it? No, most people here would rather loose their left nut than to let a chance to prove themselves better than someone else pass by.

You don't git gud with excuses.

That's all I'm seeing.

Nothin' personal kiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Told you before boy, speak English, not going to reply to you again until you do.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 03:06 PM
See I think someone can spend their money however they want, like who cares if it ain't out of your wallet mind ya business.

But if u gonna git defensive with excuses, you can just git gud instead.

landman
Sep 21, 2014, 03:08 PM
So by your definition, someone who disagrees with you is being defensive?
No, someone who uses irrelevant arguments like age is getting defensive, I've seen you doing it to other people, as if age, post count, or join date entitled you something. And I'm not just "arguing" because I'm in the debate, but also for other times I've seen it and didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Edit: It's true that you didn't make a big deal about the age in the response you gave me, but other posts in this thread actually do.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 03:11 PM
Again, son this was just an innocent topic, I didn't start this crap. If people would just mind their own business none of this would have started and this topic would already be on the 2nd page. But that's not how the Internet works now does it? No, most people here would rather loose their left nut than to let a chance to prove themselves better than someone else pass by.

Told you before boy, speak English, not going to reply to you again until you do.

lol the english class excuse, this ain't 2005.

If your brain is still 9 years into the past no wonder you can't git gud.

Oldass nigga lol

Jyasupa
Sep 21, 2014, 03:15 PM

If you didn't talk about disposable income as if it were relevant and if you didn't get butthurt at some of the comments, it probably would be on page two still.

Also, you seem to have sacrificed both your nuts on page five. GG GIT GUD.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 03:20 PM
No, someone who uses irrelevant arguments like age is getting defensive, I've seen you doing it to other people, as if age, post count, or join date entitled you something. And I'm not just "arguing" because I'm in the debate, but also for other times I've seen it and didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Now let's make one thing clear, I'm right. Why am I right? Because I'm doing something that's part of the game, I didn't hack the game, I'm using the system that's been put into place. You and your peers who are against these scapedolls, you are the ones against the system, so by this fact alone, you are the ones being defensive of your point of view.

You're free to play the game which ever way you see fit as long as it's legit, but don't go telling people that they're doing it wrong just because they're not playing your way and especially if they use the system that's been put into place.

As for using age for a relevance in a debate, it's legit when a bunch of youngsters with a lot of free time on their hands call you a newcomer for not clocking 500 hours a month.

If you didn't talk about disposable income as if it were relevant and if you didn't get butthurt at some of the comments, it probably would be on page two still.

Also, you seem to have sacrificed both your nuts on page five. GG GIT GUD.

The reply above pretty much works for you as well.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2014, 03:22 PM
Whatever, old man.

Saying extra lives is part of the game doesn't mean you got gud for using em.

Those are just made so casuals can stay in the game.

landman
Sep 21, 2014, 03:26 PM
Now let's make one thing clear, I'm right. Why am I right? Because I'm doing something that's part of the game, I didn't hack the game, I'm using the system that's been put into place. You and your peers who are against these scapedolls, you are the ones against the system, so by this fact alone, you are the ones being defensive of your point of view.

You're free to play the game which ever way you see fit as long as it's legit, but don't go telling people that they're doing it wrong just because they're not playing your way and especially if they use the system that's been put into place.

As for using age for a relevance in a debate, it's legit when a bunch of youngsters with a lot of free time on their hands call you a newcomer for not clocking 500 hours a month.

That was my response:

I didn't attack in any way the fat that you use scape dolls (in any of my posts), I only debated your "challenge" "excuse". For me a challenge doesn't involve continues. For you it obviously does.

isCasted
Sep 21, 2014, 03:32 PM
You don't break system if you unequip all of your weapons and units and walk around people in MPAs without doing anything. It doesn't mean you are playing game right.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 03:39 PM
That was my response:

I didn't attack in any way the fat that you use scape dolls (in any of my posts), I only debated your "challenge" "excuse". For me a challenge doesn't involve continues. For you it obviously does.

And that was my response:

It's not cheating if it's part of the game, so scapedolls are a fair and square usage. I don't know how old you are, but that concept of paying extra to keep on playing use to be called arcades in my days. Sure it costs more than 25 cents to keep playing if I die in PSO2, but a lease I have the option of restarting the stage for free and there's no initial cost to start playing, so it evens out that way.

That still stands. If SEGA didn't want you to use scapedolls, they wouldn't have invented them back in the original PSO, only difference here is that they are commercial now and that most people here feel that they should be free. Pretty sure that all of you use to use them back on V1, V2, V3 or BB and that you would use still them if they were free in PSO2.

As for the arcade part, if PSO-World would allow you see birthdays like in any other forums, I wouldn't have had to assume that you were not familiar with arcade concepts which sadly most young people have never experienced. Arcades are still a valid example on how this sort of thing existed prior to F2P games, this is SEGA we're talking about, they don't usually have original ideas.

You don't break system if you unequip all of your weapons and units and walk around people in MPAs without doing anything. It doesn't mean you are playing game right.

Don't know if you're just given a general example or if you think that this is what I'm doing, so just in case, I will remind you that I'm soloing and that if I were to wait for NPCs to kill the enemies with all the quests I did, those hours would be tripled 0_o

landman
Sep 21, 2014, 03:50 PM
You are not understanding me. I said that in my opinion, the challenge has failed the moment you die (and either revived by a moon, or by a doll), I didn't say you didn't complete the game objective properly. I told you to go do those COs once you have lvled up a little, you answered about the challenge. Nothing more. In any case am I against the use of dolls, nor am I saying you should not use them, I only said that if it was difficult for you, maybe you didn't have the lvl required for that and should do it at a later time.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 21, 2014, 03:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JpyNJgx.gif

http://musicians4freedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/explain.png

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 04:03 PM
You are not understanding me. I said that in my opinion, the challenge has failed the moment you die (and either revived by a moon, or by a doll), I didn't say you didn't complete the game objective properly. I told you to go do those COs once you have lvled up a little, you answered about the challenge. Nothing more. In any case am I against the use of dolls, nor am I saying you should not use them, I only said that if it was difficult for you, maybe you didn't have the lvl required for that and should do it at a later time.

In fear that we'll be going around in circles here, I understood your original post just like I get this one, but my reply still stands. I start a quest, I finish and if I'm having issues, I'll use whatever tools the game provides me with and if that tool costs $1.5, then let it be.

Mind you, I would draw the line at "pay $5 and we will nuke the area for you", but for not letting us have recovery time between hits or having a crappy camera views sometime, I feel that scapedolls are the way to go if I don't feel like doing a quest over and over again.

http://musicians4freedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/explain.png

I think it's self-explanatory.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 21, 2014, 04:17 PM
In fear that we'll be going around in circles here, I understood your original post just like I get this one, but my reply still stands. I start a quest, I finish and if I'm having issues, I'll use whatever tools the game provides me with and if that tool costs $1.5, then let it be.

Mind you, I would draw the line at "pay $5 and we will nuke the area for you", but for not letting us have recovery time between hits or having a crappy camera views sometime, I feel that scapedolls are the way to go if I don't feel like doing a quest over and over again.

if you buy scape dolls in this game you should just quit....in fact never mind, People like you that are stupid enough to buy worthless shit like that is what keeps the game running so go ahead and buy a handicap that doesn't really help in anyways because you shouldn't die almost at all in this game.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 21, 2014, 04:24 PM

If I'm not getting it, then it probably isn't. I like to think that I hold some rudimentary skills in English.

"Being defensive" has nothing to do with which side someone makes his/her case for. It's more of an attitude problem, which yes, there's lots of it both on your end and others.

Also, because it's a part of the system does not necessarily mean it's correct, when in fact such systems are put into place precisely because of particular viewpoint which is deemed correct by the creator/developer.

There's a reason why SEGA has changed so much shit in PSO2, for better or worse.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 04:44 PM
If I'm not getting it, then it probably isn't. I like to think that I hold some rudimentary skills in English.

"Being defensive" has nothing to do with which side someone makes his/her case for. It's more of an attitude problem, which yes, there's lots of it both on your end and others.

Also, because it's a part of the system does not necessarily mean it's correct, when in fact such systems are put into place precisely because of particular viewpoint which is deemed correct by the creator/developer.

There's a reason why SEGA has changed so much shit in PSO2, for better or worse.

Obviously you did understand my post or you wouldn't be describing it in your 3rd paragraph.

I've read about changes that happened over the years in PSO2, but as far as I know, scapedolls were there from the beginning. If Japanese players were dead set against them, pretty sure SEGA would have removed them by now or found another way to make them available for players.

Now if you, a none-Japanese player, has something against with scapedolls, then by all means, take it up with SEGA and see if they care about a western opinion. For now, scapedolls are there, they are legit, we aren't doing anything wrong by using them. If your ego cannot stand the fact that some people are using them, that's your problem, not my problem.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 21, 2014, 04:53 PM
Obviously you did understand my post or you wouldn't be describing it in your 3rd paragraph.

I've read about changes that happened over the years in PSO2, but as far as I know, scapedolls were there from the beginning. If Japanese players were dead set against them, pretty sure SEGA would have removed them by now or found another way to make them available for players.

Now if you, a none-Japanese player, has something against with scapedolls, then by all means, take it up with SEGA and see if they care about a western opinion.

I didn't understand your logic, to be more specific.

I'm not saying scapedolls are wrong. If you play this game casually and have the funds to blow it off on scapedolls, then by all means go for it: it's profitable for you, the company, and the rest of us (indirectly). I just felt the necessity to point out, from a general point of view, your stance on the correctness of the system (which isn't always the case) and how others are "defensive" simply because they stood on the other side of the river.

Sacrificial
Sep 21, 2014, 05:10 PM
if you buy scape dolls in this game you should just quit....in fact never mind, People like you that are stupid enough to buy worthless shit like that is what keeps the game running so go ahead and buy a handicap that doesn't really help in anyways because you shouldn't die almost at all in this game.

nofunallowed.

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2014, 05:14 PM
I didn't understand your logic, to be more specific.

I'm not saying scapedolls are wrong. If you play this game casually and have the funds to blow it off on scapedolls, then by all means go for it: it's profitable for you, the company, and the rest of us (indirectly). I just felt the necessity to point out, from a general point of view, your stance on the correctness of the system (which isn't always the case) and how others are "defensive" simply because they stood on the other side of the river.

I understand what you mean, but when you bring an existing system into question, regardless if it's part of a video game or real life, the people who are for the system don't have anything to prove, they already made their case when that said system was established. It's up to the people against the system to make their point stand out and prove that the system is not working and I'm sorry, but so far, out of all the response, I don't see anything solid that doesn't translate to:

"These things cost money and I want them to be free. Since I can't have them for free, I'll play without them and I'll make everyone using them feel bad about themselves"

That's not a valid argument. Would I prefer them to be free, of course, but those are part of the game's economy and that's life.

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 05:45 PM
LOL at people arguing about scape dolls in this thread.

If your ego cannot stand the fact that some people are using them, that's your problem, not my problem.

EDIT: And before you ask:

Even after using less than 30 dolls (scape and half combined), that's still less deaths per hour ratio than most people posted here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221821

And since I mainly play solo, no I don't run around in circles waiting for the NPCs to kill the monsters, that would take forever.

LOL at this hypocrisy. Who is the one displaying ego right now? And getting so defensive about using scape dolls that the thread is now 6+ pages of arguing about scape dolls?

Also I'm pretty sure SEGA makes more off of premium and AC scratch than they do scape dolls.

"These things cost money and I want them to be free. Since I can't have them for free, I'll play without them and I'll make everyone using them feel bad about themselves"

That's not a valid argument. Would I prefer them to be free, of course, but those are part of the game's economy and that's life.

Who are you quoting? Who said that? Or are you just putting words in people's mouths and pretending you can read minds? I don't wanna read back on 8 pages.

obsexed
Sep 21, 2014, 05:46 PM
buying scapedolls?...
http://i.imgur.com/ylvFG16.png

『  』
Sep 21, 2014, 05:46 PM
Think this thread should end rofl.

1. OP points out stupidly obvious and worthless information that everyone knows:
For those that actually even bothers with rng AC scratches instead of just easily buying all of them with meseta:
Spend AC -> AC scratches -> Trash -> Sell/Recycle -> Meseta

2. Tangents about challenges/scapedolls usage.

3. General agreement that no one cares how many scapedoll OP uses, in fact, the more he uses, the better it is in supporting SEGA to keep the servers running for the rest of us. So die more and use more please <3.

4. Comments + OP's self responses suggesting OP is a sub-par player.
Examples:
- Wanting to affix Sta Boost on Wep
- Seemingly places significance on mere 2.1m off failed AC scratch
- Utilizing Scapedoll to finish TACO but not XQ
- Believes # of times incapacitated is significant in anyway when failing in most other aspects as a player.
^ Has trouble S-Ranking VH Ruins in under 25min (Self-thread a month ago),
after 700 hours (minus however many you put in a month) of gameplay.
- Can only guess at the even worse than "casual" gears OP might be running, making him a deadweight in any MPA/EQ outside of soloing.
- etc. trololol

5. End? Otherwise I am going to get a stomach ache from laughing so hard.

Mattykins
Sep 21, 2014, 05:52 PM
10/10 best thread

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 05:52 PM
Dude did you know you can buy meseta with AC/WM?

It's called real world trading.

Shirai
Sep 21, 2014, 05:57 PM
Thought the main topic of this thread was AC to meseta.
Not an argument about freaking scape dolls for god's sake.

Why can't there be peace, haha

Chdata
Sep 21, 2014, 05:59 PM
This is why my community has a rule, "Keep arguments to PM".

AKA "Don't argue about stupid shit".

obsexed
Sep 21, 2014, 06:00 PM
came in this thread ready to buy some AC...

Dhylec
Sep 21, 2014, 06:07 PM
Topic closed - too many off-topic & non-contributing posts to keep open.