Sep 22, 2014, 07:55 AM
Using this video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKeoI-5AAM

Brand new enemies:
•New reptile enemy at 0:22.
•Different new reptile enemy at 0:25.
•Reptile enemy again at 0:28.
•Forest dragon boss, obviously.
•Seraph-like boss shown after the forest dragon.

Other new things:
•Throughout the video there seems to be new types of infection cores.

General observations:
•We haven't seen a new banshee/banther boss.
•Is it just me, or are ultimate De Malmoths REALLY common in the video?
•Multiple fire type attacks are seen - Aginis uses a fire attack, De Malmoth uses a fire attack, the reptile enemies use a fire attack, the forest dragon uses a fire attack. I doubt fire will be a weakness there. If Sega's smart, the only weakness will be wind.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 22, 2014, 08:03 AM
The caution "dying or dead" noise plays a lot to convey just how Ultimate it is.

Sp-24
Sep 22, 2014, 08:03 AM
Ctrl+F "spike": no results.

Were you even paying attention?

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 08:09 AM
Ctrl+F "spike": no results.

Were you even paying attention?

No, now get to work and find the rest of the secrets.

Mysterious-G
Sep 22, 2014, 08:14 AM
To me it seemed like the lizards simply were reskinned wolfs. Even the new Photon Blast boss looks like a Biol Meduna reskin to me, albeit with a fancy new laser show at its disposal.

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 08:15 AM
To me it seemed like the lizards simply were reskinned wolfs. Even the new Photon Blast boss looks like a Biol Meduna reskin to me, albeit with a fancy new laser show at its disposal.

Seraph boss is clearly changing its shape the entire time.

Mysterious-G
Sep 22, 2014, 08:18 AM
Seraph boss is clearly changing its shape the entire time.

I didn't get that impression at all. It looks quite different once in the video for sure - but simply because it is on his head doing a laser show. Same move Biol Meduna pulls while charging its massive drill attack.

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 08:23 AM
In any case, even if the lizards are reskinned gulfs, they aren't ultimate gulfs, all other ultimate enemies bear a resemblance to the enemies they're related to.

Mysterious-G
Sep 22, 2014, 08:28 AM
In any case, even if the lizards are reskinned gulfs, they aren't ultimate gulfs, all other ultimate enemies bear a resemblance to the enemies they're related to.

I don't understand this argument? There is no rule that states they can't be a little more creative with some of the enemy reskin designs. The lizards still remain the ultimate mode version of the Gulfs. Likewise, the big bird boss is a reskinned Vol Dragon. I don't understand why this is so revolting a thought to be had.

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 08:46 AM
Because there's a difference between being a brand new enemy and an upgraded enemy.

landman
Sep 22, 2014, 08:47 AM
Yeah, Bartles were not stronger Boomas, but in the end they were the same. I guess we are having a "Ultimate Vol" in Naverius because Amduscia (if it ever gets an ultimate) will have either Quartz or Ex (or both).

Dnd
Sep 22, 2014, 09:14 AM
Another random thing to point out is, segas characters in that video were all using bio weapons to test, instead of the 1~3* crap they normally use..
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.com/a/img674/520/g2ZRSA.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img746/1083/XZGwK6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hexxy
Sep 22, 2014, 09:43 AM
the big bird boss

[SPOILER-BOX]http://image.blingee.com/images15/content/output/000/000/000/454/295153645_1556090.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

ReverseSeraf
Sep 22, 2014, 09:47 AM
It seemed like they threw in Tundra enemies in there. So it may very well be that Ultimate is planet-based and not field-based.

And it seems like everything in there is set on fire... maybe weakness would be ice? :wacko:

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 09:51 AM
I don't think Sega's going to do ANOTHER field entirely weak to ice. I could be proven wrong, but I think Sega might make this the very first field to be general weak to, and generally only weak to, wind.

Hexxy
Sep 22, 2014, 10:05 AM
It seemed like they threw in Tundra enemies in there. So it may very well be that Ultimate is planet-based and not field-based.

And it seems like everything in there is set on fire... maybe weakness would be ice? :wacko:

Kind of like TA where you visit several parts of the planet in one run.

Or maybe ultimate does away with what we're used to and just has heavily modified spawns. The forest dragon looks more like a reskin of Quartz if anything.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 AM
EDIT: Oh right. I think they're gonna be weak to wind. That was the other Naberius weakness, and since they're using fire now it would make sense if that was the one that was left.

Because there's a difference between being a brand new enemy and an upgraded enemy.If you watch them they very clearly have several of the same animations pretty much all the "wolf" enemies in the game have so I dunno why you would say they're not a reskin. There's nothing WRONG with it. I mean if that rockbear is anything to go by it's pretty clear that they're all gonna get a bunch of new attacks.

The forest dragon looks more like a reskin of Quartz if anything.He has several of vol's animations, so I'm inclined to think he's a vol reskin. Not that it matters.

Shadowth117
Sep 22, 2014, 10:44 AM
I don't think Sega's going to do ANOTHER field entirely weak to ice. I could be proven wrong, but I think Sega might make this the very first field to be general weak to, and generally only weak to, wind.

You're right. Its not like they've done 3 dark weak areas. That'd be ridiculous.

Atmius
Sep 22, 2014, 10:55 AM
I believe it was more in reference to the point that there are already 3 ice weak areas, and they're adding a 4th next month. To have ultimate nab be weak to ice would make 5 areas with an ice weakness, darkers mostly excluded.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 10:59 AM
I'm still banking on wind. It's the least used weakness so far, there are no enemies exclusively weak to wind, and it's already one of the weaknesses of naberious natives in forest. If they're using fire attacks then wind would be what's left.

Laxedrane
Sep 22, 2014, 11:09 AM
My friend and I were discussing this. I too was worried that maybe Ultimate was going to be planet based. However we do have kitties to wonder where they'll end up? His working theory is that the bird boss was an ultimate Agnis(Forest birds) boss which didn't have a "Boss form" before. I am inclined to believe that we will see tundra and especially ruins eventually. Just with very distinctly different bosses spread out between them. Kitties(possibly 2 different sets of ultimate kitties representing forest and tundra) Or they may possibly be axing one zone for each planet.

What I really want to know is what they are going to say story wise for ultimate? If it's really corruption gone out of control from arkz just kind of doing there thing and leaving. It be interesting to see how the dragonkin handled that.

Also what if this a third party? Like something feeds off all life energy darkers and everything else without discern between the two. It would explain the boosts marks on darkers..

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 11:25 AM
Honestly, the fact that yedis and malmoths are in ultimate forest makes me think there's only gonna be one ultimate for each planet. I don't care personally.

Bumped has "Challenge the World that fell into Darkness". Which makes me think ultimate is gonna be an alternate reality like people have said it was in PSO1. I'm more worried that the story won't get anymore in depth than the story for AQs. :/ I really want to know what's up with the glowy white things. Photon Beasts, the SH boost things, and that new boss all have a similar look to them, and it really bothers me that it hasn't come up yet.

gigawuts
Sep 22, 2014, 11:26 AM
I actually like the idea of a planet-based quest. I've been wanting a planet-based quest for a long time, either EQs like the coast one was (with seabed and coast enemies showing up), but implemented like the daily featured quests have been (although I was thinking more as weekly quests - Mines with everything from every Lillipa quest, then Caves, then Desert with every Lillipan monster again etc.)

Ultimate working that was doesn't rub me wrong at all. More enemy selection as far as I'm concerned, but what really interests me is they're doing the ultimate Vol on Naberius too. Super bueno. Variety man, I love variety.

I just hope they all have their own independent weaknesses plus the area/race/whatever themed weakness. Everything would be weak to wind (awesome idea), but rockbear would also be weak to ice, birdkun would also be weak to light, lizards would also be weak to fire, etc.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 11:31 AM
Just because the bird thing is a reskin of vol doesn't mean he's vol's ultimate equivalent.

gigawuts
Sep 22, 2014, 11:33 AM
True.

A man can dream, though. A man can dream.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 11:38 AM
It could go either way I guess, especially if they're doing one quest per planet. There's tons of dragon bosses so ultimate Amduscea could just have a different boss.

On the other hand if they all change their patterns as much as ultimate rock bear then it doesn't matter WHAT they're supposed to be ultimate versions of, because their patterns will be so different they might as well be new enemies entirely.

EDIT: Oh right, new boost polyp thing that kinda look like the orbs that follow that light boss around. PLEASE SEGA THROW ME A BONE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS!?

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 11:54 AM
Bumped lists Vol Dragon reskin as a new enemy (unless that's the Darker's name, but Anga Fandarge doesn't sound like a Darker name at all). It's also the only new enemy to the area besides the Darker, which will probably be in different areas like Darkers tend to be. It also has basically nothing in common with Vol Dragon besides being a reskin. It's just a new enemy, and besides the Darker, it's the only new one seen so far ("reptiles" are not reptiles at all, they're still wolves).

Also,

Bumped has "Challenge the World that fell into Darkness". Which makes me think ultimate is gonna be an alternate reality like people have said it was in PSO1.

Betting on this too. It doesn't seem to be a present-time thing, so an alternate version seems logical with all the time travel already in play.

EDIT: Looking through the trailer trying to pause to get a good look at the wolves, it looks like the Ultimate Oodan (or Za Oodan, can't tell) have bat wings on their arms. It's around 0:46.

Hexxy
Sep 22, 2014, 11:59 AM
Birdboss needs GrantsRain, except with Ilfoie. IlfoieRain. Mmyes.

You can see him doing vol's horn sweep (it has a lengthy forward lunge and slightly less of an uppercut motion), and you can see him follow that up with his fireballmouth (hard to see if that's what came out, but the animation is pretty clear). The flying animation is also identical. So chances are he'll be some sort of Vol + modified current moves + some new moves + much more speed

Betting on this too. It doesn't seem to be a present-time thing, so an alternate version seems logical with all the time travel already in play.

It'd be awesome if Ultimate was your fault for messing with time so much. Now go fix it!

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 12:00 PM
Bumped lists Vol Dragon reskin as a new enemy (unless that's the Darker's name, but Anga Fandarge doesn't sound like a Darker name at all). It's also the only new enemy to the area besides the Darker, which will probably be in different areas like Darkers tend to be. It also has basically nothing in common with Vol Dragon besides being a reskin. It's just a new enemy.
Pretty sure ALL the ultimate enemies are going to have entirely new names, but we were speaking from a mechanics standpoint, not a lore one. Basically there's a possibility that it's move set is meant to make Ultimate's answer to vol, not that it's actually a dragon or has anything to do with vol otherwise.

I then went on to say that if all the bosses have their move sets changed as much as the rock bears then it doesn't matter anyway cause they might as well be entirely new enemies.

Also, why does everyone think that new jelly fish thing is a darker? Since when are darkers white? >_>

SakoHaruo
Sep 22, 2014, 12:05 PM
Just because the bird thing is a reskin of vol doesn't mean he's vol's ultimate equivalent.

It has the same lunge attack, active and inactive animations as the Banther. If it's going to be the same thing, then I guess it would be a waste of time to create new animations for an attack that's only slightly different from the original. But, that doesn't explain why they keep giving them similar attacks or why they continue pumping out creatures with two arms, two legs and wings base. I don't think this is Sega being lazy. This is Sega being very blatant.

Neith
Sep 22, 2014, 12:10 PM
The dragon looked like it shared moves with a couple of bosses but doesn't seem to be identical to any which is good.

The white boss with all the lasers kind of reminds me of a Photon Blast to be honest, but as an enemy. Probably isn't but that's what it looked like to me.

If Ultimate is planet based rather than area based (as in 'tundra' enemies appear in the same place as 'forest' ones) then I really hope it doesn't require another type of ticket or capsule to run. We already have enough storage problems with AQs/XQs and all their mission-specific drops. Unfortunately with it being labelled as 'Ultimate Quests' rather than 'Ultimate Difficulty', that might be the case.

Also is it just me or did the Ultimate Rockbear remind anyone of Hildetorr with the huge horns?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 22, 2014, 12:12 PM
Dunno why there's complaints about reskins when they idea that all these creatures are similar no matter their area isn't really that farfetched.

Also is it just me or did the Ultimate Rockbear remind anyone of Hildetorr with the huge horns?

WHERE'S MY FROZEN SHOOTER.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 12:16 PM
EDIT: I'm starting to think people don't know what a reskin even is...

It has the same lunge attack, active and inactive animations as the Banther. If it's going to be the same thing, then I guess it would be a waste of time to create new animations for an attack that's only slightly different from the original. But, that doesn't explain why they keep giving them similar attacks or why they continue pumping out creatures with two arms, two legs and wings base. I don't think this is Sega being lazy. This is Sega being very blatant.It doesn't share any animations with banthers. What makes you say that?

I never said it's not a reskin of vol. Infact I was one of the first people to bring it up. My point is that there's no way to tell ifit's specifically meant to be an ultimate counter part to vol, or just a new enemy that shares some animations, because it looks like ultimate mobs (the bosses at least) are going to be different enough to be considered new enemies entirely.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 12:22 PM
Pretty sure ALL the ultimate enemies are going to have entirely new names, but we were speaking from a mechanics standpoint, not a lore one. Basically there's a possibility that it's move set is meant to make Ultimate's answer to vol, not that it's actually a dragon or has anything to do with vol otherwise.

I then went on to say that if all the bosses have their move sets changed as much as the rock bears then it doesn't matter anyway cause they might as well be entirely new enemies.

Also, why does everyone think that new jelly fish thing is a darker? Since when are darkers white? >_>

Vol Dragon reskin is clearly lacking a lot of features that Vol Dragon has beyond basic attacks, so I don't see how it can be Vol Dragon's Ultimate equivalent. Can't burrow, no magma armor, no tail break that could be repaired. It's a new boss, not an Ultimate equivalent to one.

Jellyfish Darker matches the appearance of the Darker cores in Ultimate and uses some attacks that have visual effects only Darkers have. Unless it's a new enemy category entirely, it's a safe assumption that it represents how Ultimate Darkers will appear.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 12:25 PM
Vol Dragon reskin is clearly lacking a lot of features that Vol Dragon has beyond basic attacks, so I don't see how it can be Vol Dragon's Ultimate equivalent. Can't burrow, no magma armor, no tail break that could be repaired. It's a new boss, not an Ultimate equivalent to one.

Jellyfish Darker matches the appearance of the Darker cores in Ultimate and uses some attacks that have visual effects only Darkers have. Unless it's a new enemy category entirely, it's a safe assumption that it represents how Ultimate Darkers will appear.That's a good point, and certainly enough for me to get off the fence and say that it's not meant to be ultimate's counterpart to vol.

have you done SH yet? You know the boost cores are different there right? They look like the photon beasts, so does this new boss. Like, I won't be surprised if it IS a darker, but that has a lot implications for the Photon Beasts, and the SH boost cores. I just want the story behind it and just hasn't come up at all.

Rien
Sep 22, 2014, 12:28 PM
Dunno why there's complaints about reskins when they idea that all these creatures are similar no matter their area isn't really that farfetched.

WHERE'S MY FROZEN SHOOTER.

There's a licht version.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 12:34 PM
I thought a connection between mags/Photon Blasts and Darkers was already established. Wasn't the research facility Luther in charge of responsible for creating them? Just from that information, it's clear that Photon Blasts were derived from Darkers. Everything not related to Wopal and Xion that Luther does is related to Darkers.

Either way, the core the jellyfish has underneath it is pretty much identical to the cores attached to infected enemies in Ultimate. It's a dead giveaway.

qoxolg
Sep 22, 2014, 12:37 PM
It could go either way I guess, especially if they're doing one quest per planet. There's tons of dragon bosses so ultimate Amduscea could just have a different boss.

On the other hand if they all change their patterns as much as ultimate rock bear then it doesn't matter WHAT they're supposed to be ultimate versions of, because their patterns will be so different they might as well be new enemies entirely.

EDIT: Oh right, new boost polyp thing that kinda look like the orbs that follow that light boss around. PLEASE SEGA THROW ME A BONE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS!?

I think that ultimate dragon is a boss class version of Aginis. Just like Rockbear is a boss class version of Oodan and Banthers are boss class versions of Gulfs.

As for the white cores, my guess is that the story will go into a direction that will question if darkers really are the bad guys and the photoners really are the good ones. In the end both are probably equally bad. An ancient battle between light and dark that has no winner, but thanks to friendship and the human heart, they will be defeated/united!!11! :wacko: Persona is probably a poke in that direction as well, with what they showed in EP2-6. I wouldn't be surprised if the final boss would be some kind of photon god.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 22, 2014, 12:43 PM
The white boss with all the lasers kind of reminds me of a Photon Blast to be honest, but as an enemy. Probably isn't but that's what it looked like to me.

I would honestly like a feature where the player's mag actually gets corrupted and turns into that. It'd be very interesting to see how that plays out.

Ephidiel
Sep 22, 2014, 12:44 PM
maybe during Ultimate the Photon Bursts cant be activated or once they are filled up they autoactivate and spawn the boss

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 12:50 PM
I thought a connection between mags/Photon Blasts and Darkers was already established. Wasn't the research facility Luther in charge of responsible for creating them? Just from that information, it's clear that Photon Blasts were derived from Darkers. Everything not related to Wopal and Xion that Luther does is related to Darkers.

Either way, the core the jellyfish has underneath it is pretty much identical to the cores attached to infected enemies in Ultimate. It's a dead giveaway.Not neccerily. Not to mention we have no idea what the boost cores even are. Like I said, in SH they're completely different. Like, I won't be surprised if Luther has something to do with it, but these things clearly have something going on with them that's more in depth than them being luther's experiments. It's never been explicitly stated that mags have anything to do with darkers though.

I think that ultimate dragon is a boss class version of Aginis. Just like Rockbear is a boss class version of Oodan and Banthers are boss class versions of Gulfs. This has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but for the record I don't think any of the bosses are supposed to be boss versions of normal enemies. They're just critters from the same planet that kinda have some things in common.

As for the white cores, my guess is that the story will go into a direction that will question if darkers really are the bad guys and the photoners really are the good ones. In the end both are probably equally bad. An ancient battle between light and dark that has no winner, but thanks to friendship and the human heart, they will be defeated/united!!11! :wacko: Persona is probably a poke in that direction as well, with what they showed in EP2-6. I wouldn't be surprised if the final boss would be some kind of photon god.
Actual serious spoilers: Xion outright states that the photoners were hedonistic and greedy, but they also all fused with her (except Luther), so I don't think they could be directly related to whatever the jellyfish thing is. Furthermore, the Photoners were actually just a group of scientists she shared photon technology with, rather than some sort of all powerful race of precursors. That form Xion takes is based off the first Photoner she met.

Other than the aesthetic design of the jellyfish thing and the photon blasts, there hasn't been much hinting at a higher power on the light side. It probably exists but it hasn't been mentioned as far as I know.

SakoHaruo
Sep 22, 2014, 12:55 PM
It doesn't share any animations with banthers. What makes you say that?

You didn't see that lunge attack? That was clearly Banther, you didn't see it? The way it comes into battle (as well as the stance from some angles) looks similar to Banther.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 01:01 PM
You didn't see that lunge attack? That was clearly Banther, you didn't see it? The way it comes into battle (as well as the stance from some angles) looks similar to Banther.There's a difference between certain attacks and animations being similar, and them being literally the exact same animation. From an animation standpoint it's not even possible to straight translate that anyway. Watch it closer.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 22, 2014, 01:04 PM
Now I've only been in one twice, but what if this is (story wise) a parallel world? Like the ones I've been in were like colorful abandoned cities covered in greenery.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 22, 2014, 01:08 PM
There's a licht version.
I don't want a shit version.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 01:08 PM
Now I've only been in one twice, but what if this is (story wise) a parallel world? Like the ones I've been in were like colorful abandoned cities covered in greenery.
We already discussed that it's probably some alternate reality where bad stuff happened like in PSO1.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 22, 2014, 01:11 PM
There's a difference between certain attacks and animations being similar, and them being literally the exact same animation. From an animation standpoint it's not even possible to straight translate that anyway. Watch it closer.
I'd say there's similarites between Vol and Quartz, but Vol being more likely. It's possible they're based on Vol's animations, but just changed around a bit.

Renvalt
Sep 22, 2014, 01:12 PM
So I'm surprised that nobody notices how the orb at the bottom of the Photon Boss looks like a friggin Darchyme.

While that particular object isn't exclusive to Naberius, that planet IS the first place we see it (assuming the code doesn't seep into you from someone else, that is). Just some food for thought.

And someone mentioned the possibility of one Ultimate per planet? I agree with that - and furthermore, I believe that Amduscia's Ultimate would be built like the little room you get before Chrome Dragon, but with more space to it. Effectively, the Dragonkin shut themselves in to protect themselves, and we bust in all like "Time for treatment, bitches!". They naturally don't take well to this (since we're intruding upon the most sacred of Dragonkin soil - yeah, even Sanctum wasn't "sacred" enough), and thus try to kill us like as if we pissed on Kamitsu's tablet (which I'd assume she'd be pissed at too).

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 01:17 PM
Not neccerily. Not to mention we have no idea what the boost cores even are. Like I said, in SH they're completely different. Like, I won't be surprised if Luther has something to do with it, but these things clearly have something going on with them that's more in depth than them being luther's experiments. It's never been explicitly stated that mags have anything to do with darkers though.

Eh? Boost cores are Darker infections. This has always been the case even with SH cores (which are just living infection cores from what I can find on them, nothing really warranting a special explanation). Even quest descriptions allude to infections being darker influence, particularly AQs. Don't get what you mean. SH cores certainly have nothing to do with Luther if that's what you think I was suggesting.

While mags haven't been explicitly stated, not everything needs to be said. It's kinda obvious connecting the dots. The research facility that created them also specialized in researching Darkers, was headed by a guy that specialized in researching Darkers...really the only thing that can be done at this point to make it clearer is just saying so. There's enough hints to make it obvious, ARKS is a shady organization that does a lot of stuff that it keeps secret. It would be more surprising if mags weren't related to Darkers.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 01:31 PM
Eh? Boost cores are Darker infections. This has always been the case even with SH cores (which are just living infection cores from what I can find on them, nothing really warranting a special explanation). Even quest descriptions allude to infections being darker influence, particularly AQs. Don't get what you mean. SH cores certainly have nothing to do with Luther if that's what you think I was suggesting.So you're saying the fact that the SH cores have the same aesthetic style as Photon blasts, and a new enemy of which there's only one, isn't noteworthy enough to warrant an explanation?

While mags haven't been explicitly stated, not everything needs to be said. It's kinda obvious connecting the dots. The research facility that created them also specialized in researching Darkers, was headed by a guy that specialized in researching Darkers...really the only thing that can be done at this point to make it clearer is just saying so. There's enough hints to make it obvious, ARKS is a shady organization that does a lot of stuff that it keeps secret. It would be more surprising if mags weren't related to Darkers.

I think you're missing my point. I'm saying that they don't look like any darkers we've seen so far, why hasn't it come up yet? There's a pretty blatant difference between the way these things look and the way darkers look. I'm not saying it's impossible for them to be darkers, I'm saying that because they look so different, conservation of detail suggests that, darker or not, they're significant enough to at least be brought up directly as being unusual. Yet they haven't been at all as far as I know.

EDIT: TL;DR I'm butt hurt that Patty isn't talking about them.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 02:20 PM
I think it should be obvious that there haven't been any Darkers that looked like that before because only one Ultimate Darker has been shown so far. I don't think an explanation for Photon Blasts is warranted because Photon Blasts were developed by people that researched Darkers. Far as I'm concerned, these are just different forms of Darkers. That this is a jellyfish, and that one of the PBs is a jellyfish, indicates to me that PBs really are just a variant of Darkers. That they resemble each other isn't something I think warrants an explanation.

What's going on with Darkers in the first place is what I think is going to be explained. PBs and infection cores are just derivations of Darkers, so all that's necessary to explain is the Darkers. Explaining that covers everything about infection cores and PBs.

EDIT: Also, I dunno if anyone else noticed, but it looks like that jellyfish can infect enemies. Before it shows up in the trailer, you can see enemies with glowing orbs near their heads, but their coloration remains the same. Once it does show up, however, you can see that all the mobs with the glowing orb around their head have their coloration altered to be more purple. Sometimes a boss is shown with that glowing orb, but later in the trailer it isn't there anymore (most notable with Vol Dragon reskin). Jellyfish releases a bunch of orbs that resemble the ones attached to the mobs too.

So I'm thinking it can infect and/or strengthen infected enemies.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 02:36 PM
I think it should be obvious that there haven't been any Darkers that looked like that before because only one Ultimate Darker has been shown so far.Photon blasts and the SH cores exist outside of Ultimate.

I feel like you're misinterpreting my expectations and intentions though. This is just another repeat of the Kuronite thing. I don't care what the explanation is. I just want one that isn't purely conjecture and speculation.

EDIT: Also, I dunno if anyone else noticed, but it looks like that jellyfish can infect enemies. Before it shows up in the trailer, you can see enemies with glowing orbs near their heads, but their coloration remains the same. Once it does show up, however, you can see that all the mobs with the glowing orb around their head have their coloration altered to be more purple. Sometimes a boss is shown with that glowing orb, but later in the trailer it isn't there anymore (most notable with Vol Dragon reskin). Jellyfish releases a bunch of orbs that resemble the ones attached to the mobs too.

So I'm thinking it can infect and/or strengthen infected enemies.I'm thinking the same thing. Either that or there were just coincidentally a bunch of higher level infected enemies around.

Chdata
Sep 22, 2014, 02:37 PM
This photon bosses attacks look like Apple Dorito's attacks but extended to be even longer.

Laxedrane
Sep 22, 2014, 02:48 PM
I'll concede there probably won't be a tundra ultimate. However I have a hard time believing we won't have an ultimate ruins. Each planet in my opinion has two very iconic areas and one area that's kind of just an upgrade of another that stands out more because of it. Tundra just a snowy forest. Doesn't need two. Desert and quarry would feel the same under the new paint job I wouldn't be surprised if we only get tunnel and quarry. You don't need a Floating Continent AND a sanctum. You also don't need a coat and the new area about to come out. However I find it hard to believe they ignore seabed in and another one of those.

I mean I know we can't really operate under my assumption as the current theory one area per planet a better one... Just how I feel about it. Plus I feel like we will get areas dedicated to the three current darker classes and eventually the toy darkers.

Xaelouse
Sep 22, 2014, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Den sounds more plausible than ruins

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 03:06 PM
@Kondibon: That PBs and Darkers are connected isn't speculation or conjecture. I don't know what else to say about it. There would be no reason to say that the research facility that developed them was headed by Luther and also researched Darkers if there wasn't a connection. I don't know what else to say about the matter.

Unrelated, I'd like to point out that Naberius' Tundra only exists because Elder was sealed in the planet. Ultimate Naberius could easily be a Naberius where Elder was never sealed, or long after the Tundra melted after his absence. It's pretty strange that in 40 years or however long Elder was sealed the wildlife in that area evolved to adapt, though that could just be Sega being silly.

Either way I think it would be best to wait until future Ultimate areas are released before patterns can be affirmed.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 03:18 PM
@Kondibon: That PBs and Darkers are connected isn't speculation or conjecture. I don't know what else to say about it. There would be no reason to say that the research facility that developed them was headed by Luther and also researched Darkers if there wasn't a connection. I don't know what else to say about the matter.

I just pointed out that they did experiments and created things that didn't involve darkers (newmen and casts), so I'm not sure what your point is. They bring up the darker research because of Dumen and Chrome dragons, which were the results of it, no one ever said it was the only thing they were working on.

NoiseHERO
Sep 22, 2014, 03:19 PM
everything is yellow-orange

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 03:20 PM

Technically correct.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 22, 2014, 05:22 PM

Dafuq are you talkin' about.

It's clearly scarlet-colored.

BIG OLAF
Sep 22, 2014, 05:30 PM
The only observation you need to really make at this point is, "Huh, looks kinda cool, I guess."

You'll figure the rest out when you actually play it.

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 05:31 PM
Define 'need'.

Xaelouse
Sep 22, 2014, 06:01 PM
All I know is that lots of things are shooting fireballs at you and that's not good

NoiseHERO
Sep 22, 2014, 06:04 PM
So.

More anti-melee imaginary difficulty.

Sandmind
Sep 22, 2014, 06:09 PM
As far as SH infection orb not having been explained in the story yet, gotta remember EP2 capped at the upper end of VH with lv60 enemies/boss.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 06:20 PM
As far as SH infection orb not having been explained in the story yet, gotta remember EP2 capped at the upper end of VH with lv60 enemies/boss.I don't know what enemy level caps have to do with the story. ._.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 22, 2014, 06:32 PM
I don't know what enemy level caps have to do with the story. ._.

Sega does all there programming based off enemy levels drops infections and even certain attacks are level based

what your missing is super hard infections are only level 61+

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 06:34 PM
Sega does all there programming based off enemy levels drops infections and even certain attacks are level based

what your missing is super hard infections are only level 61+I... know that. That has nothing to do with how how they're designed though.

Sandmind
Sep 22, 2014, 07:30 PM
I meant to say that as far as the story is concerned, the player never ever saw/heard of SH type of infection core. But it will propably come up later once Sega decide to advance to SH level of difficulty for story mission.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 07:36 PM
I just pointed out that they did experiments and created things that didn't involve darkers (newmen and casts), so I'm not sure what your point is. They bring up the darker research because of Dumen and Chrome dragons, which were the results of it, no one ever said it was the only thing they were working on.

I thought all of that stuff was an entirely different research group. Luther is a Newman, he's certainly not the product of his own work. ARKS has different research facilities and this particular sect was in charge of mag development and Darker research. It was named, but I don't remember the exact name (Void something). Mags, Chrome Dragon's peculiarities, and Dewman/Deuman seem to all be something Luther is responsible for, and rather recently at that, unlike Newman and Casts which seem to have been around possibly before ARKS even got into photons (is this even touched on or confirmed?).

I don't know what the story quests' levels have to do with anything, but it's pretty obvious at least some of this will get explained as story quests get churned out. Just be patient and the story quests will catch up to the main gameplay.

Omega-z
Sep 22, 2014, 07:39 PM
@Kondibon - Even "if" Mag's and Darker's aren't related. It's not the first time in a PS story to have them be together or related. But for the infections there is a new one I came across that had all of the SH versions together that looked like a giant Hand. But the PB looking Ult. Jelly is the second PB rare enemy which is just the Ult.'s version of this guy.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=39751[/SPOILER-BOX]

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 07:41 PM
Tagamikazuchi has nothing to do with PBs. Also that infection core you mentioned is the level 3 SH core, and only has three effects. It's closer to a mass of thorns than a hand. It's been there since day 1 of SH.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 07:51 PM
I thought all of that stuff was an entirely different research group. Luther is a Newman, he's certainly not the product of his own work. ARKS has different research facilities and this particular sect was in charge of mag development and Darker research. It was named, but I don't remember the exact name (Void something). Mags, Chrome Dragon's peculiarities, and Dewman/Deuman seem to all be something Luther is responsible for, and rather recently at that, unlike Newman and Casts which seem to have been around possibly before ARKS even got into photons (is this even touched on or confirmed?).

I don't know what the story quests' levels have to do with anything, but it's pretty obvious at least some of this will get explained as story quests get churned out. Just be patient and the story quests will catch up to the main gameplay.It's information that Patty gives you, so I guess it could be wrong but she says the void facility created all the things I listed, including mags. You're Right about Luther's research involving darkers. It's entirely possible he just wasn't involved with mag development at all (which in that case makes me think maybe the photoners ARE somehow related).

I don't see what makes you think Mags are recent, but I'm pretty sure the research facilities were around BEFORE the ARKS was even formed but that's where it gets kinda muddy and I'm not sure anymore.

Things I do know, are that the photoners were scientists (or at least some of them were) and that they created the ARKS.

@Kondibon - Even "if" Mag's and Darker's aren't related. It's not the first time in a PS story to have them be together or related. But for the infections there is a new one I came across that had all of the SH versions together that looked like a giant Hand. But the PB looking Ult. Jelly is the second PB rare enemy which is just the Ult.'s version of this guy.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=39751[/SPOILER-BOX]I'm with Garuga on this. Tagami has nothing to do with PBs. It doesn't even share a similar motif or color scheme. I think the idea behind all those rare enemies that aren't associated with anything is that they're from other dimensions or whatever. The only reason I'm pointing out the new jelly fish boss is because of it's similarities to PBs and SH boost cores. If it wasn't for that I'd just consider it another rare enemy that doesn't mean anything.

gigawuts
Sep 22, 2014, 07:54 PM
I don't know if they retconned it or just silently went away from it or what, but if PSO2 is indeed linked to PSO1 then the official lore of PSO1 is that mags were based on the D-Cells retrieved from Ragol, but only gained visible photon blasts like you saw there on Ragol as a result of the very high levels of photons/D-Cells/handwavium.

So, even if the two are now fully severed, it sounds like the rough premise is the same.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 08:01 PM
I don't know if they retconned it or just silently went away from it or what, but if PSO2 is indeed linked to PSO1 then the official lore of PSO1 is that mags were based on the D-Cells retrieved from Ragol, but only gained visible photon blasts like you saw there on Ragol as a result of the very high levels of photons/D-Cells/handwavium.

So, even if the two are now fully severed, it sounds like the rough premise is the same.THIS is interesting information. Even if they aren't related at all, the devs have already used ideas from previous games for stuff with the way dumen are created.

Still makes me wonder why they're white instead of black though.

Omega-z
Sep 22, 2014, 08:06 PM
@LonelyGaruga - I meant it looked like a light-creature and not actually a PB one. But the jelly is just the area's Rare Emeny like Nyuu/Umbra.....etc. Actually level 3 is the flower, The three you are mentioning are the jewel - shoots dark bullets, the claw/crab - shoots explosive grenades and the antlers/throns - which heals the enemy target when it damages a foe. These last three you could call level 4 even tho the stat changes are the same as a level 3. The new one the last time I check the JP swiki, that was right after I saw it the first time, didn't even have it on there page; it might be there now tho. It seemed to be added after EP.3 tho since I never came across it until EP.3 came out - only 2 times. It has finger's 4 or 5 on it with something that looks like an eyeball in the middle of the hand. It has all three of the abilities of the other 3 SH versions all at the same time. I'm not sure if the stats that change the enemy are a level 3 or higher tho. But the enemy did seemed to be stronger then a level 3. It seems to be a level 5 infect to me.

edit: instead of PB looking I should of said light-creature looking.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 08:17 PM
@LonelyGaruga - I meant it looked like a PB not actually one. But the jelly is just the area's Rare Emeny like Nyuu/Umbra.....etc.
I don't think it has the defining features of the PBs or SH infection cores. It doesn't have any red, gold or purple on it for one thing.

And I agree, I think it's going to be a rare enemy. Though I don't think it's going to be tied to any particular map. It might only show up in Ultimate Quests though.

wefwq
Sep 22, 2014, 08:24 PM
inb4PB-lookalike boss drop PB device

Omega-z
Sep 22, 2014, 08:24 PM
@Kondibon - Yeah, I had changed that to reflect what meant better from PB to a light-creature. But I also agree that it will be Ult. only as well.

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2014, 08:26 PM
inb4PB-lookalike boss drop PB deviceI wouldn't complain unless it was OP.

Chdata
Sep 22, 2014, 09:05 PM
inb4PB-lookalike boss drop PB device

I wouldn't complain unless it wasn't OP.

Shadowth117
Sep 22, 2014, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't complain unless it wasn't OP.

It'll give you the effects of Meseta Fever I.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but my thoughts on it are like as follows: This is going to be more like a new area than a traditional add on difficulty. I honestly don't even think we can expect Oodans, Agnis, and Gulfs as they were prior to Ultimate to even be completely absent at that difficulty level. We're seeing enemy mishmashes like mammoths and dragons in "forest" after all.

Honestly though, what's to say that Ultimate isn't just the first quest in the more traditional sense of the word "difficulty"? Up to now, SH, VH, H, and N... those are all just level groups really. Its possible this could actually just be a term to refer to areas with enemies that are actually more tough than what we've seen so far and not because of their health/defenses. So far there's little to suggest their AI patterns have really been improved though based on the tiny clips we've seen of the area alone of course.

I mean I'm not crossing my fingers, but think here: to my knowledge there is no new level cap for this so presumably we could be going straight in there at level 70. Now I am definitely noting that these new areas don't have gates or anything and so they seem a lot like current Arks Quests/Free Areas, but its really a bit difficult to say outright until we've gotten to at least see how they play whether through our own experience or presumably the hired skirts who pretend they like video games.

I just honestly hope one way or another this ends up being something FREELY AVAILABLE that's got more substance to it than the normal mission types we've got now.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 09:35 PM
@LonelyGaruga - I meant it looked like a light-creature and not actually a PB one. But the jelly is just the area's Rare Emeny like Nyuu/Umbra.....etc. Actually level 3 is the flower, The three you are mentioning are the jewel - shoots dark bullets, the claw/crab - shoots explosive grenades and the antlers/throns - which heals the enemy target when it damages a foe. These last three you could call level 4 even tho the stat changes are the same as a level 3. The new one the last time I check the JP swiki, that was right after I saw it the first time, didn't even have it on there page; it might be there now tho. It seemed to be added after EP.3 tho since I never came across it until EP.3 came out - only 2 times. It has finger's 4 or 5 on it with something that looks like an eyeball in the middle of the hand. It has all three of the abilities of the other 3 SH versions all at the same time. I'm not sure if the stats that change the enemy are a level 3 or higher tho. But the enemy did seemed to be stronger then a level 3. It seems to be a level 5 infect to me.

edit: instead of PB looking I should of said light-creature looking.

I didn't just say Tagamikazuchi wasn't a PB. That's obvious, like saying Vol Dragon reskin isn't a dragonkin. I said Tagamikazuchi doesn't even look like a PB. It does not have a single thing in common with them in any form or fashion. It is just a rare enemy, like the others you listed, and has zero connection with anything else. And none of those are area limited besides Barbarlilipans, so what do you mean by "the area's rare enemy"?

That isn't how infection cores work, and I'm pretty sure that there is no flower-like infection core (I have no idea what you could be describing with this). Whatever you're calling antlers aren't antlers at all either, they're closer to wings (they flap, which antlers don't do). What you described is exactly what I have in mind. That's the level 3 infection core.

SH infection cores are like this.

Level 1: Default appearance, one ability for each one.
Level 2: Same appearance, but visibly glows and has a second ability.
Level 3: Thorny mass, 5-6 tendrils with an eye-like red spot in the center, fires three fast projectiles, two exploding projectiles, and has x4 (IIRC) life drain.

I don't get where you're getting this level 4 and 5 stuff from, but they don't exist. And I've seen dozens of level 3 cores before EP3, it's just a coincidence that you're only seeing them now (seriously, my first one was around when Quarry was implemented, a full year ago).

Jellyfish is clearly related to infections, which are known to be a Darker thing, so I don't see why it would be anything but a Darker.

milranduil
Sep 22, 2014, 10:01 PM
I didn't just say Tagamikazuchi wasn't a PB. That's obvious, like saying Vol Dragon reskin isn't a dragonkin. I said Tagamikazuchi doesn't even look like a PB. It does not have a single thing in common with them in any form or fashion. It is just a rare enemy, like the others you listed, and has zero connection with anything else. And none of those are area limited besides Barbarlilipans, so what do you mean by "the area's rare enemy"?

That isn't how infection cores work, and I'm pretty sure that there is no flower-like infection core (I have no idea what you could be describing with this). Whatever you're calling antlers aren't antlers at all either, they're closer to wings (they flap, which antlers don't do). What you described is exactly what I have in mind. That's the level 3 infection core.

SH infection cores are like this.

Level 1: Default appearance, one ability for each one.
Level 2: Same appearance, but visibly glows and has a second ability.
Level 3: Thorny mass, 5-6 tendrils with an eye-like red spot in the center, fires three fast projectiles, two exploding projectiles, and has x4 (IIRC) life drain.

I don't get where you're getting this level 4 and 5 stuff from, but they don't exist. And I've seen dozens of level 3 cores before EP3, it's just a coincidence that you're only seeing them now (seriously, my first one was around when Quarry was implemented, a full year ago).

Jellyfish is clearly related to infections, which are known to be a Darker thing, so I don't see why it would be anything but a Darker.

Oh did you you program the infection levels for PSO2? Get the fuck off your high horse you damn ninny. From what I've noticed, there is considerable variation among infection levels on SH. I've had Lv 2 infections use 1 set of abilities (shooting/exploding) only with other seemingly Lv 2 infections use both sets of abilities. I've also had Lv 3 infections use just 1 set and others use both sets. If you want to say it's all trivial, clear-cut and dry, do it with a little less douchebaggery eh?

Dnd
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM
well actually, lv2 cores dont have two effects, ever, its just double the effect of lv1's
(So 2 orbs, or two laser shots, or 2x healing from damage done)
Its only the lv3 claw of doom which combines all 3 and fires 3 orbs, 3 laser shots and 4x healing from damage done.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 10:34 PM
Oh did you you program the infection levels for PSO2? Get the fuck off your high horse you damn ninny. From what I've noticed, there is considerable variation among infection levels on SH. I've had Lv 2 infections use 1 set of abilities (shooting/exploding) only with other seemingly Lv 2 infections use both sets of abilities. I've also had Lv 3 infections use just 1 set and others use both sets. If you want to say it's all trivial, clear-cut and dry, do it with a little less douchebaggery eh?

Swiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3% 82%A8%E3%83%8D%E3%83%9F%E3%83%BC) contradicts you, so I'm going to go with that instead. Especially since I have never seen a single contradiction.

I guess level 3 is a hand though...

ReverseSeraf
Sep 22, 2014, 10:53 PM

Damn, someone's mad.

EDIT:
On topic, I've kind of given this some more thought, it probably won't be gated for multiple reasons:

1. Usually in the trailers, they almost always show the gate part before AQ, XQ, etc. I didn't see anything like that in this trailer, so... one can be hopeful from that?
2. It's probably grouped/named as a different type of "quest" rather than "difficulty" due to the fact that enemies are definitely not the same, there are mix-ups of enemies from different fields, etc. It doesn't really make sense to me that someone would start a Forest quest but then see Tundra enemies... but there's precedent for that, I suppose. And it's also because of this that I believe Ultimate mode will be planet-based and not field/quest-based.

On the note of the PB monster thing, I vaguely remember SEGA giving the teaser trailer some time ago, and the audience was silent for the majority of the time, but went completely berserk before they showed that thing. Pretty sure what it is is revealed in the JP text before it's actually shown. Anybody have any idea what it translates to?

Chdata
Sep 22, 2014, 11:12 PM
Actually there are infection cores that look like flowers. That's in VH lv.3 cores. Or is it lv.4 or 5 or something? who knows.

The "antlers" he's talking about are probably the SH cores that look like hercules beetles.

ReverseSeraf
Sep 22, 2014, 11:15 PM
Actually there are infection cores that look like flowers. That's in VH lv.3 cores. Or is it lv.4 or 5 or something? who knows.

The "antlers" he's talking about are probably the SH cores that look like hercules beetles.

There's only three levels for infection cores.

In VH...

1st level is the bulb. 2nd level is the.. weird-looking vine thing. 3rd level is the flower.

As for SH, LonelyGaruga pretty much got it.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 11:21 PM

But we were talking about SH cores. Not VH. No reason to bring them up.

The insect ones got called crab/claws (they always looked like antlion faces to me, though they could be any insect with jaws like that I guess). That only left the bird/winged cores.

Chdata
Sep 22, 2014, 11:23 PM
Yes, and I was replying to whoever said that there are no flower shaped infection cores at all.

Edit:

I guess it was my mistake for not reading the past 5 pages of argument over infection cores.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 11:32 PM
Bad wording on my part, I meant there were no flower shaped cores in SH. Didn't think for a second to consider that VH cores might have been mentioned at all, since they have no bearing on talk about SH.

Maenara
Sep 22, 2014, 11:38 PM
You guys, Ultimate was confirmed to be planet based a LONG time ago before Sega ever even revealed Ultimate.

Ultimate Naberius: UltWolfA, UltWolfB, UltWolfARare, UltWolfBRare, UltYetiA, UltYetiB, UltMammothA, UltMammothB
->Note that the ultimate enemies have different rare equivalents (there are rare Gulf/Fangulf, but not a rare De Malmoth--subject to change). They've also moved on to working on Tundra enemies (reminder: the area name was just "UltimateNaberius").

This is from June.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 PM
You could easily slap a II or a 2 or a B after Ultimate(planetname) and you could make a second Ultimate quest for the same planet.

That's not proof.

Note: I agree they're probably doing 1 per planet though, that just doesn't prove anything. There's reasonable room for doubt.

Chdata
Sep 23, 2014, 01:56 AM
Bad wording on my part, I meant there were no flower shaped cores in SH. Didn't think for a second to consider that VH cores might have been mentioned at all, since they have no bearing on talk about SH.

I guess it was my mistake for not reading the past 5 pages of argument over infection cores.

but you should really avoid unqualified words. things like "all things are like this" or "absolutely nothing is like this" are often used incorrectly.

Rakurai
Sep 23, 2014, 02:51 AM
I hope Naberius unit installs will work on the place.

But probably not, cause Sega.

Shadowth117
Sep 23, 2014, 03:38 PM
but you should really avoid unqualified words. things like "all things are like this" or "absolutely nothing is like this" are often used incorrectly.

To word this another way, absolute statements have a tendency to make people look stupid when used thoughtlessly. This is a basic thing one will usually learn in debate related studies.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 23, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is no flower-like infection core in SH

Here, this is what I meant. I'm sorry that I didn't specify SH before when the conversation was exclusively about SH cores prior to the post I replied to. I'm sorry I didn't think that someone would tell me I was mistaking a SH core for a VH core using descriptions. I'm sorry I was confused by someone believing level 4-5 infection cores were a thing.

Can we move on from irrelevant speech lessons now.

Maenara
Sep 23, 2014, 08:51 PM
ITT: I think she thinks he thinks

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 23, 2014, 08:54 PM
Wow Ultimate looks epic,! I don't care if they are reskins or not, eventually SEGA brings out new boss types anyway. So looking forward to Ultimate.

CricketJam
Sep 23, 2014, 10:11 PM
Calling it now, the new rockbear thing is Gibbles

Dephinix
Sep 24, 2014, 02:15 AM
I like this Gibbles thing, let's keep it going, new autoword!
Speech lessons between people who generally only know their way or the highway, legit, let's move back to pso2 though, mmmk?

Maenara
Sep 29, 2014, 04:13 PM
If the seraph boss were an ultimate darker, we would have seen more than just it by now. Just saiyan.

Chdata
Sep 29, 2014, 04:17 PM
The new za oodans are probably going to be a letdown and the only difference is 'maybe faster attack animations' and the rocks are bigger.

Malmoths will be a let down and also just mostly be higher frequency attacks.

I feel like everything will be like that except perhaps bosses - but I'm already happy with most bosses in the game except for the fact that they have such low HP. If anything, all SEGA could do to make it really interesting is to... make the boss patterns vary more. There are so many bosses that will always do the same exact routine and you can basically control what attack they'll do next which is a little more boring than being more random.

Maenara
Sep 29, 2014, 04:45 PM
I don't know how you can expect that much from things which only had 1 or 2 attacks in the first place.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 29, 2014, 05:28 PM
If the seraph boss were an ultimate darker, we would have seen more than just it by now. Just saiyan.

Yes, a trailer showcasing Ultimate Naberius should emphasize things not native to Naberius. Like Banshee and Banther aren't being saved for later.

Just pointing out, if it isn't a Darker, what is it? Many of its attacks are shades of red that match with what Darkers use in their attacks. It reuses visuals in its attacks that only Darkers use. It has a red core that its body is built around, which somewhat resembles a Darchyme, a Darker weapon. It aesthetically resembles SH Darker infections. It may or may not be infecting other enemies. It definitely does do something involved with Darker infections.

If that's not convincing enough, let's look at what it can't be.

It has an infection point. Rare enemies like Tagamikazuchi, Myau, and the like cannot be infected. Therefore it isn't a rare enemy. It isn't a Native, that much is obvious. It can't be a Dragonkin, Mech, Oceanid, or a Kuronian.

The only possibilities that remain are that it's either a Darker or a new enemy category entirely.

Looking at what it is, and looking at what it can't be, I'm seeing no reason to conclude it's anything but a Darker.

Maenara
Sep 29, 2014, 05:32 PM
It could be a Great Light Emissary.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 29, 2014, 05:41 PM
If the not-Darker boss was a new enemy category, we would have seen more than just it by now. Just saiyan.

Maenara
Sep 29, 2014, 05:44 PM
That's my bit, get out.

Chdata
Sep 29, 2014, 06:18 PM
I just wanted to say that photonboss-chan is kawaii and I can't wait for massive amounts of fan art.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2014, 06:18 PM
I've been clamoring for a second tier of rare enemies (with good droprates) for a while now.

Blue Gwanas and Ragnes, green Zeshraydas, things like that. Mostly just because I utterly loathed that neros looked boosted and v.v. at a quick glance, but now we have boosted vaders in the EQ that look rare every time so that's moot for sure :wacko:

This could just be the ultimate amped-up version of darkers. I mean, last I checked de mammoths weren't that color and didn't use fire so...

Chdata
Sep 29, 2014, 06:23 PM
Why don't we just have rainbow enemies now.

TBH I wanna see slime blob enemies, and something that's weak to its own element.

I guess ultimate enemies will have more magic based attacks? Like the malmoths having the power to control photons and use fire.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2014, 06:25 PM
naberius natives are pseudo-wind element and all machines are lightning element

wind is typically weak to itself, and lightning is also typically weak to itself (which doesn't explain the fish darkers, but it does explain the bird darkers)

but more to the point I am all kinds of down for any slime enemy at all

for reasons

reasons you're all familiar with by now

Chdata
Sep 29, 2014, 06:27 PM
Yeah, that way we can all remember how tasty jello is!!1+^_^+

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2014, 06:28 PM
tasty

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Idolon
Sep 29, 2014, 07:19 PM
I like this Gibbles thing, let's keep it going, new autoword!
Speech lessons between people who generally only know their way or the highway, legit, let's move back to pso2 though, mmmk?

I dunno. Gibbles seems pretty PSO-related to me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/lous/pso/gibbles.jpg

LonelyGaruga
Sep 29, 2014, 07:59 PM
They were referring to something else with the second sentence.

Why are all the enemies in PS games so ugly.

Hrith
Oct 1, 2014, 07:39 AM
One thing is for sure, SEGA promotional videos always make areas seem a lot more difficult than they actually are when you play them. I remember how difficult the Dragon Altar looked in their video, or that new area to come in a week (Floating Facility).

I just hope Ultimate is not going to be a ohko fest, that's really the opposite of what PSO2 needs to be challenging.

Kondibon
Oct 1, 2014, 07:45 AM
One thing is for sure, SEGA promotional videos always make areas seem a lot more difficult than they actually are when you play them. I remember how difficult the Dragon Altar looked in their video, or that new area to come in a week (Floating Facility).

I just hope Ultimate is not going to be a ohko fest, that's really the opposite of what PSO2 needs to be challenging.What about the video even looked challenging? Most of the deaths were from them just standing there like deer in headlights or running around in circles. It makes it seem like you'd have to intentionally play bad to die.

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2014, 07:51 AM
DEDEDEDEDE

WAN WAN WAN

Is there even a way for sega(emphasize "for sega" ) to actually make thing game challenging without relying on blindsiding AI when your HP is low... Or hitting you when you have no control of your character, resulting in a 2HKO. or 5HKO juggle stunlocks or straight up OHKO's.

Is there even a way for sega to make this game challenging outside of "just drop your controller" deaths because this game isn't dark souls.*

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 09:05 AM
Nothing in that video looked challenging, it was just the player running and then being hit by an attack that may/may not have been telegraphed, but we didn't see enough to know either way

I really don't think sega wants to exert the effort to make proper difficulty, because they can't see how it would be more profitable to do so - costumes are gonna sell either way

Ezodagrom
Oct 1, 2014, 09:30 AM
Dunno if it will be "challenging", but based on the few glimpses we get of enemies attacking (ignoring the lousy players in the trailer, looking just at the enemies themselves), it definitely looks better than what we have now (faster attack animations, always felt this was a big problem with older enemies, their attack animations are too slow, and also enemies seem to have modified attacks, as seen with the rockbear spin jump).

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 09:50 AM
also two things about that photon creature

1. we know ultimate naberius includes enemies from all areas - the one faction we have yet to encounter (as far as we know) is whoever built the spacestation that crashed and became the ruins - maybe it's to do with that?
2. it's ultimate umbra, don't hit him or he'll cry and you won't get your 13* umbla stick with temptation II!

ReverseSeraf
Oct 1, 2014, 10:16 AM
Dunno if it will be "challenging", but based on the few glimpses we get of enemies attacking (ignoring the lousy players in the trailer, looking just at the enemies themselves), it definitely looks better than what we have now (faster attack animations, always felt this was a big problem with older enemies, their attack animations are too slow, and also enemies seem to have modified attacks, as seen with the rockbear spin jump).

I'm honestly hoping Ultimate will hand everyone's asses to them, but I just can't wait to see how WB and Zondeel trivializes everything.

also two things about that photon creature

1. we know ultimate naberius includes enemies from all areas - the one faction we have yet to encounter (as far as we know) is whoever built the spacestation that crashed and became the ruins - maybe it's to do with that?

Space station? My memory might be failing me, but I don't remember a space station at all. Would this be in Ruins, or in the background of Forest?

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 11:13 AM
To my knowledge, the ruins are a crashed space station. The ruins are a bunch of broken structures in a glowing lake, yeah? That's what I'm talking about.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 1, 2014, 11:35 AM
Nothing in that video looked challenging, it was just the player running and then being hit by an attack that may/may not have been telegraphed, but we didn't see enough to know either way

Not-darker?

I mean, yeah, everything was pretty bland outside of possibly bird dragon's fire attack (the one that covers the screen so nothing can be seen, naturally), but the not-darker looked good to me with it sweeping lasers everywhere. If all its attacks are like that it might actually be a decent challenge.

And then it'll have something about it that trivializes the fight like everything that could be remotely difficult in PSO2.

Please be wrong please be wrong please be wrong

Hexxy
Oct 1, 2014, 12:00 PM
but the not-darker looked good to me with it sweeping lasers everywhere.

Are you talking about the thing with the red laser wings (@1:24 in the video)? Because those are just wings and the lasers do nothing (you can see them passing through the player and nothing occurs).

LonelyGaruga
Oct 1, 2014, 01:45 PM
Well, shoot. They do hit the Hunter at 1:29, but that was probably the wings being used as an attack and the lasers were just an extension of it.

Laser wings.

And the lasers don't do damage by themselves.

That's dumb.